If you are looking for the Best iPhone App Block Spam Calls to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone App Block Spam Calls that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone App Block Spam Calls, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone App Block Spam Calls
1. AT&T Call Protect
“Activate the Call Protect™ app with ActiveArmor℠ to enable Spam Blocking, Unknown Caller blocking and more, at no extra charge.
AT&T subscribers are already protected 24/7 with proactive network security features like Automatic Fraud Call Blocking and Nuisance Call Warnings.
AT&T Call Protect:
– 24/7 Automatic Fraud Call Blocking: Detects and blocks calls from likely fraudsters, before your phone even rings
– Block Spam Risk labelled calls (in-app feature): Block or send to voicemail calls identified as Spam Risk
– Send Unknown Callers to voicemail (in-app feature): Send callers not in your contact list to voicemail.
– Get a heads up on potential nuisance calls*: See warnings of telemarketers, nonprofit, surveys, account services, private or political callers.
– Personal Block List: Add individual unwanted callers to your own block list from the app or with Siri shortcuts.
– Report Spam Calls: Help identify suspected spam and likely fraud calls from the app or with Siri shortcuts. Your reports help everyone.
AT&T Call Protect Plus (In-app purchase):
– Caller ID*: Gives you incoming caller details.
– Custom Call Controls: Block or send to voicemail entire Categories (Telemarketer, Account Services, etc.) of callers.
– Reverse Number Lookup: Shows caller details when you enter a U.S. number. Up to 200 queries per user within 24-hour period.
*Available in AT&T HD Voice coverage areas
Call Protect subscribers also receive access to AT&T Mobile Security™ with ActiveArmor which help protect your phone from malware, viruses and other mobile threats. Req’s download of separate apps.
Avail. for AT&T postpaid, PREPAID, FirstNet and business wireless customers with eligible wireless service.
AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect Terms:
Automatic Fraud and Spam Risk Blocking: May inadvertently block wanted calls.
Nuisance Call warnings: May include service messages and/or other permitted calls.
Personal Block List: Permits blocking of individual phone numbers (excludes private numbers).
Manage all settings via app.
AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect Plus Terms:
Subscribers pay $3.99/mo. Auto-billed every month through your iTunes account unless canceled. Subscription automatically renews and your account will be charged $3.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. To manage your AT&T Call Protect Plus (“Plus”) subscription, go to iTunes. Once your Plus subscription is canceled, you will be downgraded to the basic, free version of Call Protect. To remove the service entirely, you must cancel within the app or via myAT&T, after your iTunes subscription period ends. Payments are nonrefundable (subj. to applicable law).
Custom Call Controls: All call categories, except Fraud, are automatically set to allow. Manage all settings via app.
Rates: Data charges may apply for app download and usage. Other charges and restr. may apply.
Eligibility: Compatible device is required: iPhone 6 or newer running iOS 12+ and includes AT&T HD Voice-enabled smartphones. Smartphones sold by other carriers may not be eligible.
For complete terms for AT&T Call Protect, see att.com/callprotectterms
For complete terms for AT&T Mobile Security, see att.com/mobilesecurityeula”
2. Call Protect: Robo Blocker
“Call Protect is a free spam and robo call blocker with automatic Caller ID tool that safeguards you against known telemarketers, robo-callers, scammers, surveys, spammers, and other unwanted callers. With Call Protect, you can have peace of mind while it silently works for you to reduce the number of unsolicited phone calls you receive.
Call Protect maintains the latest list of active spam and robo callers. This list is monitored and updated in real-time. When you activate the Call Protect extension offered by this app, the list of suspicious phone numbers is periodically updated onto your device. The highly-risky phone numbers that have been identified as harmful with our sophisticated algorithms are automatically blocked; while the other numbers, which may potentially be harmful, but have not been identified as such with full confidence yet, are added onto your phone with their caller ID information containing a warning message. This will alert you when you receive a phone call from such suspicious callers. These features work alongside each other to guard you against ever-evolving spammers.
Beside Call Blocking and automatic Caller ID, this app also has a Caller ID lookup feature. You may use this feature to perform a reverse phone number lookup on any phone number from the US and Canada. This lookup service, in most cases, retrieves the name to help you identify the caller. After identifying a caller, you have options to call, message, or block the number. You can also add it to your phone’s contacts list directly from within the app.
Some useful features:
– Automatic spam call filter
– Caller ID information on risky numbers
– Reverse phone lookup utility
– Range-of-numbers blocker
The use of Call Protect reduces the unwanted calls you receive. It will also alert you when a potentially harmful phone number calls your phone.
Call Protect offers a monthly subscription to PRO Protection that gives you access to the PRO features that are additional to the basic free features, for a small monthly fee. You can choose to cancel the subscription at any time by going to the account settings in the App Store.
The terms of service that cover the app usage and subscriptions are available on https://callprotect.org/docs/terms_and_privacy.html.
If you like this app, please share it with your friends and family. If you think there is any feature that would improve this app and make it more useful, please send us your suggestions. We hope you enjoy Call Protect!”
3. Hiya: Spam Phone Call Blocker
Here’s why users rate Hiya:
• It’s reliable – our phone spam protection engine automatically identifies and blocks spam calls
• It’s fast – whether it’s a friend or a robocaller, Hiya give you real-time context on who’s calling
• It’s secure – automatic alerts warn you about incoming spam phone calls. You can also report spammers to the Hiya community
Download now for free and get instant protection from spam callers. Our advanced features let you take control of calls.
PHONE SPAM PROTECTION
Our advanced phone spam protection engine identifies and blocks robocalls, telemarketers, debt collectors and fraud calls like neighbor spoofed call scam.
Automatically block scam and fraud calls. Stop the “neighbor spoofing” calls from numbers that look similar to yours.
Turn an unknown caller into a name. Whether it’s a call from a business, friend or potential spammer, our global database of caller names gives you real-time context on who’s calling.
Lookup the phone number of a call from an unsaved contact to find out the true caller name and whether it is likely a robocaller.
Add names and addresses from Hiya to your phone book contacts to keep them accurate, complete, and current.
We also run dedicated customer service. Designed for iOS. Free spam ID and business name ID worldwide. Premium caller ID and spam blocking works on AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint.
Download now and never pick up a spam phone call again!
AS SEEN IN
The Wall Street Journal
TIME Magazine – “Top 10 App”
CBS Evening News
VentureBeat – “Future of smartphone calling”
Huffington Post – “Caller ID on steroids”
Cult of Mac – “Essential”
The Hiya iOS app is brought to you by Hiya Inc. Utilizing the power of the Hiya database that has hundreds of millions of phone numbers, you’ll know the true caller behind more calls. Hiya is committed to delivering best in class caller ID, call blocking, spam protection.
Terms of Service: https://www.hiya.com/terms-of-service
4. REKK – Call Blocker
“REKK Call Blocker is a powerful solution for identifying unknown callers with an option to block unwanted phone numbers. The application lets you identify the company calling you, its location, email address as well as block calls and text messages from unwanted callers.
Install this powerful anti-spam application and access its advanced features:
• see who’s calling you before you pick up;
• block unwanted phone calls from particular numbers;
• block text messages from annoying phone numbers and SMS with unwanted keywords;
• use a reverse number lookup to check additional data about the caller if you’ve missed a call (the company, its category, location, official website, and additional contact information);
• frequent updates of the database;
• simple user interface.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I apply additional settings on my iPhone before installing REKK?
You should apply additional settings on your iPhone to activate the phone number identifier in the app.
2. How does the number identifying feature work?
Once you get a call from an unknown phone number, you’ll see the company’s name on the screen. The application identifies phone numbers of various categories (banks, restaurants, investment, etc.) if the caller’s number is registered in the REKK database. The database is regularly updated.
3. I’ve missed a call from an unknown phone number. Can I check the number in REKK for the caller’s data?
Sure. REKK allows you to check an unknown phone number locally in the app to find out who called you and why. For example, you can check the company’s name, location, website and email address.
4. What numbers can I block with REKK?
You can add any phone number to your blacklist. It’s possible to block phone calls and text messages from an annoying caller with REKK. Other than that, the application lets you block SMS from a particular phone number and text messages containing specific keywords like “sales”, “discount”, “special offer”, etc.
5. Will unwanted callers know that I’ve blocked them?
REKK doesn’t notify the caller that you’ve added them to the blacklist.
6. How do you care about users’ privacy?
REKK takes your privacy seriously and doesn’t collect personal data from your iPhone.
7. How can I contact you?
If you have any questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Robo Shield Spam Call Blocker
“Stop annoying spam calls with the call blocking app created by the top mobile security company – Pango. Voted the “Most Innovative Security Company” by Fast Company, Pango’s mobile security products have been trusted by over 650 million users worldwide.
According to a 2019 FCC Report, 44.6% of mobile phone calls will be scam calls. In order to stop this problem, the FCC recommends consumers to use third-party apps such as Robo Shield to stop unwanted calls.
TOP CALL BLOCKING FEATURES:
> Custom Call Blocking – Create custom blocklists from your personal contacts or by caller categories such as spam, scam, political, telemarketers, etc.
> Scam Protection & Identification – Access our database of untrustworthy numbers to identify and block unwanted calls.
> Up-to-date Call Protection – Our database is updated every 6 minutes so you will always have the most accurate information and the best call protection
> Privacy – AnchorFree was built on user privacy and security, therefore we will never share or sell your personal contact list.
> Reverse Number Lookup – Lookup any number and instantly know if you have been contacted by scammers, spammers, telemarketers, etc.
Robo Shield SUBSCRIPTION:
> Monthly Subscription Cost – $2.99/month
> Subscription will automatically renew 24 hours before expiration and payment will be charged to the iTunes account used at the time of purchase.
> Cancelling your subscription must be done 24 hours before the subscription period expires or you will be charged for another month.
> Included in your subscription is PREMIUM access to Hotspot Shield VPN.
Stop unwanted calls and stay protected with Robo Shield – Spam Call Blocker.
Terms of Service: https://www.roboshield.com/terms-of-service/”
6. RoboKiller: Block Spam Calls
“Eliminate up to 99% of spam calls with RoboKiller! RoboKiller’s global database of 1.4 Billion analyzed calls instantly protects you from known phone scams. Our patented audio fingerprinting technology uses machine learning to stop your phone from ringing with annoying, unwanted calls. You can finally live spam-call-free and never miss a legitimate phone call again!
But wait – there’s more! RoboKiller doesn’t just block robocallers and spammers, we annoy the hell out of them, too. Incoming spam calls are sent to clever recorded messages called Answer Bots so they can see what it feels like to have their time wasted. Finally, get that oh-so-sweet revenge on robocallers.
NEW in RoboKiller 5.5.0 CUSTOMIZE YOUR CALL BLOCKING!
You asked, we listened. RoboKiller’s newest customization features allow YOU to control how aggressive RoboKiller should be when blocking your unwanted or unknown phone calls.
With Standard Call Blocking, RoboKiller immediately protects you from a global database of 1.4 Billion analyzed calls and allows you to customize your personal block and allow lists for extra peace of mind. And for those who want an additional layer of protection against random number spoofing and fake numbers, RoboKiller offers Advanced Call Blocking to identify and block these calls before they ring your phone.
Tired of guessing whether to answer an unknown number? RoboKiller’s NEW OPTIONAL Call Screening feature removes the guesswork. When unknown callers try to reach you, RoboKiller politely asks them to introduce themselves and their reason for calling – all before your phone EVER rings! RoboKiller will transcribe the interaction in real-time and ask if you’d like to answer. Finally, no more missed calls from your doctor, pharmacy, or food delivery services!
OTHER SPAM-ELIMINATING ROBOKILLER FEATURES:
PREDICTIVE CALL-BLOCKING POWER
With Advanced Call Blocking, RoboKiller analyzes all unrecognized calls using AI-powered audio fingerprinting technology.
24/7 UP-TO-DATE PROTECTION
New spammers are continuously added to our global spam radar every MINUTE so your phone never rings from unwanted calls.
GET REVENGE ON ROBOCALLERS
Fight bots with bots! Answer Bots deliver payback in hilarious fashion, sending spammers to clever recordings that you can listen to later, driving them crazy and giving you the last laugh!
SPAM TEXT BLOCKING
Eliminate 95% of all spam text messages with RoboKiller’s powerful, anonymized SMS blocking algorithm. Block unwanted text messages with accuracy and privacy!
With over 11 Million downloads in the United States, RoboKiller is a trusted source of powerful spam call and text protection. But, don’t take our word for it. RoboKiller has been featured on The New York Times, NBC Nightly News, Good Morning America, Fox News, and many other publications. RoboKiller has also been featured by Apple as a 2019 App of The Day, and won the 2020 Webby Award for Technical Achievement!
HERE’S WHAT LIFE IS LIKE WITH ROBOKILLER:
• A life without robocalls! Up to 99% of unwanted calls are eliminated within 7 days of signing up
• Get the last laugh on robocallers and scammers with RoboKiller’s Answer Bots! You may even WANT to get spam calls
• Help out the community by reporting spammers and providing feedback directly from within the app
• Track emerging scam trends and RoboKiller’s efforts to stop them in your area with RoboKiller’s NEW Radar feature
• Save an average of $800/year by preventing phone scams from ever reaching you! Source: FTC
RoboKiller is free to download. A subscription is required to use the service, but you can try it out completely free for 7 days. Once the trial ends, your subscription will automatically renew and you’ll be billed. You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting Apple Support.
Terms of Service: http://www.robokiller.com/terms.html
California Privacy Notice: https://robokiller.com/privacy.html#section-8″
7. Truecaller: Block spam calls
“Identify and block spam calls or SMS, search for unknown numbers, call and chat with friends. With a community-based spam list from over 300 million users, Truecaller is the only phone app you’ll ever need.
AVOID ANNOYING SPAM CALLS & SMS
– Automatically identify spam, fraud and Robocalls before you pick up
– Block unwanted callers and SMS
– The leading spam call blocker for iPhone
(Enable Spam Identification and Blocking from Settings-> Phone-> Call Blocking & Identification)
FIND NAMES OF ANY CALLER
– Enter any number to lookup name and other contact info
– Lookup phone numbers directly from your native call history using the Share extension
– Copy a number and look at the Truecaller widget to see contact details
– Make calls directly from the app
– Use T9 search to call friends quickly
– See when your friends are free to talk
– See more information about your phonebook contacts
– Free Chat with your friends and family on Truecaller
– Send messages, photos and videos to anyone on Truecaller
TRUECALLER PAY – UPI Payments and recharges (*India only):
– Safe, secure and instant money transfers – 24/7
– Quick mobile recharges and bill payments
– Manage all your bank accounts with BHIM-UPI
– Bank grade security provided by ICICI Bank
TRUECALLER PREMIUM – Upgrade and get access to:
– Know who viewed your profile
– Get the Premium badge on your profile
– Get 30 contact requests per month
– Remove all ads
– Auto-renewing subscription ($1.99 monthly / $17.99 yearly – price varies by country)
Truecaller respects your right to privacy. Your phonebook is never made searchable or public.
– Email: email@example.com
– FAQ: http://truecaller.com/faq
(Please note: Payment for auto-renewing subscription to Truecaller Premium will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the Account Settings on your device. To avoid renewal, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.)”