If you are looking for the Best iPhone App Drug to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone App Drug that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone App Drug, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone App Drug
1. Drug Interaction Checker +
MedTap is an authoritative, trusted drug reference tool for patients, physicians, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
– Drug monographs with summary and full information for a drug’s indications & dosage, contraindications, interactions, adverse events, use in special populations (e.g pregnancy, pediatrics), pharmacology, pill images, and clinical trial results.
– Drug interaction checker: enter a list of drugs to check interactions that can result in adverse events or lack of efficacy
– Drug alternatives: find drugs with the same active ingredients, similar mode of action, or for the same indication
– Pill identifier based on a pill’s imprint, drug name, and other pill’s features like shape and color
– Disease search to find approved drugs for the selected indication
MedTap’s Drug Interaction Checker, Pill Identifier and Search by Indication require a paid subscription.
Subscription is $9.99 monthly (with the option to sign up for a free 2-weeks trial) or $49.99 yearly.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at a cost of $9.99/month for the monthly plan or $49.99/year for the yearly plan.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the you purchases a subscription.
All data contained in MedTap is for informational purposes only. Use of MedTap is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical judgment and you should promptly contact your own health care provider regarding any medical conditions or medical questions that you may have. THIS APP DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE, AND NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT.”
2. Drugs & Medications
“* Voted #1 Medication App for iOS by Doctors @ HealthTap #AppRx2014! http://t.co/sOrmepZIFm
* #1 paid medical app in multiple countries since 2009
* Top 5 paid medical app in as many as 46 countries since March 2010!!
* Top 100 app in many as 68 countries!!
* Top medical apps featured in iTunes Rewind
* Featured as “What’s Hot” in multiple countries multiple times
NEW: Try our latest app : MedWords medical dictionary!
* Thousands of drugs and more new features and improvements
* Online Pill Identifier!!!!
* Why buy 2-3 apps when you only need to buy one with the most features!
The top prescription drugs are now available via iPhone! Perfect for anyone that pharmacists, nursing, physicians and students.
NEW: Improved UI interface
NEW: 2x more drugs
NEW: Improved Search
IMPROVED: Online Pill Identifier
Adding search for common misspelling of some drugs
IMPROVED: Adding more Canadian, Australian, UK names
IMPROVED: Updated FDA links
IMPROVED: Partial Word Search, no need for the full drug name!
IMPROVED: Listing for common misspelled drugs to improve searching
IMPROVED: Updated FDA labels for download
IMPROVED: FAQ Help Link
IMPROVED: Improved content with more information
IMPROVED: More drug classifications such as – Brand name and generic names
– Over 10000 drugs
– Alphabetized Index (Highly requested)
– Support for Landscape mode for FDA Label
– NO INTERNET REQUIRED for Description, Usage, ContraIndications, MORE!
– Now including Drug Manufacturer info
– Now including Route of Administration and Drug Form
– Now including the unique NDC#
– More drug names from other countries!!
– Addition of Drug Manufacturer in the Main page
– FDA SafetyWatch for the latest FDA press releases
– Detail information regarding their usage
– Ability to save favorites
– Advanced Search capability by name or by keyword
– Email capability
– Improved Search Capability to search for any keyword
– Each listing has the brand name and generic name
– FDA label for available for most drugs and is retrieved directly from the FDA.
FDA labels require an internet connection and contain the following:
* Clinical pharmacology
* Adverse Reactions
* Drug interactions
* NonClinical Toxicology
* Want to search for diabetes drugs? no problem!
* Need to search for ACE inhibitor drugs? Yep!
* Looking for ADHD drugs -got that!
Missing a drug? Let us know – we’ll add it!
A proud supporter of Kiva Lending to alleviate poverty. Join our lending team and go to our website to vote on where we lend to next!
Visit our website at www.kavapoint.com
Follow us on www.twitter.com/kavapoint
** NOTE: Downloading FDA information is available with internet access
We are looking to make this a 5 star app
— We will be adding more drugs soon!
— Email us if you find a drugs you would like included
— Please email us with feedback!!!
Try our Other apps!
– MedWords Medical Dictionary
– On Call Notes
– ICU Pearls
– Pet Health
Always check the label on medications you are taking and consult your pharmacist or physician regard drug and medication use and side effects. The information contained in this app comes from various sources and may be inaccurate in time.
Send us your feedback for what you want in the next release!”
3. Drugs.com Medication Guide
Complete Drugs A – Z listings
Fast search, accurate suggestion engine and the most comprehensive database of drug information available online.
Identify any meds simply by entering an imprint, shape or color. Database updated daily.
Provides a list of interactions that may occur when different drugs are taken at the same time. Also checks food interactions automatically.
Personal Medication Records
Add your medications to instantly assemble relevant medical information in a simple, easy to read personalized format. Access in-depth consumer information, FDA alerts, drug interactions, plus food, allergy and medical condition interactions. An invaluable tool for medication management and adherence.
Save up to 80% on your pharmacy prescriptions with our free drug discount card, accepted at over 63,000 pharmacies nationwide.
Q & A
Ask a specific question about your medication. Search on thousands of questions and answers.
Quick access to all the tools you know and trust.
Many more helpful tools. Quickly redo your recent searches. Try the Symptom Checker. Lookup specialised databases for side effects and dosage information. Not quite sure how to spell a drug name? Use the phonetic search.
Drugs.com does not provide medical or treatment advice. Always consult with a physician.
Follow us on Twitter @drugscom for tips and updates.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. Drugs.com is a multiple Webby Award nominee and attracts more than 24 million U.S. visitors per month.
If you have any feature requests, suggestions or you simply need help, please visit http://www.drugs.com/apps/support/ and our responsive support team will prioritize your request.”
“Save time in the prescribing moment
• Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
• Drug interaction checker: prevent harmful interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs at a time
• Pill identifier: drug guide organized by shape, color, imprint code, etc.
• 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools
• Formularies: drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans, by state
• Customizable home screen with drag-and-drop simplicity
Additional features in Epocrates Plus, now just $16.99/month!
• Alternative medicine monographs: dosage, interactions, etc.
• Peer-reviewed disease content from the BMJ
• Labs, ICD-10 codes, and more medical content
Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient. Rated the #1 medical app 10 years in a row by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.”
5. Medisafe Medication Management
Now in the U.S.: See crucial drug-to-drug interaction warnings about how your meds might conflict, as well as easily import your meds and prescriptions using Health Records on iPhone from more than 100 hospitals and health systems in the US.
Be safe with your meds – Improper medicine use and dosage tracking leads to:
• 50% of patients not taking medicines as prescribed
• 125,000 deaths a year (one every 4 minutes)
• 700,000 hospital visits a year
• 44 out of 100 prescriptions never picked up at the pharmacy
With Medisafe you won’t put yourself or your loved ones at risk by missing a dosage — or taking a double dose because nobody tracked.
This is the MUST HAVE med app seen on Fox TV, ABC, Mashable, Inc. Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Life Hacker, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and many more.
CLEAN & SIMPLE: Visual and easy medical manager to handle drug reminders.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION: Keeps track of your measurements and syncs them to HealthKit app: blood glucose, blood pressure, weight, pulse, temperature and in the US, medications from health records where available.
REPORT SHARING: See your progress report and send it to the doctor or nurse as a visual informative PDF.
FAMILY INTERACTION: Synchronizes the family’s medicine pillboxes to one place, in real time. Manage your entire family from one account!
MEDTONES: Various Medtones to make Medisafe playful and a great addition to your day: have Darth Vader, Dr Evil, Austin Powers, Elsa or your Nagging Mom remind you about your meds.
REMINDERS: Reminds you to take medication doses on time every time, even if your device is asleep. Medisafe has timezone support too! No need to worry while traveling, your reminders are always on time.
REFILL REMINDER: Rx refill reminds you when you need to restock your prescriptions.
COSENTYX® (secukinumab) has recognized Medisafe as a preferred app for patients to manage COSENTYX®
Pharmacists rank Medisafe #1 out of 461 apps they’ve tested, and MyVCM recognizes Medisafe for HIPAA privacy “best practices in managing security and compliance.”
Medisafe is free to download and use. Medisafe Premium upgrades your experience and gives you unlimited Medfriend supporters, unlimited family and friend profiles, access to 20+ health measurements, choice of a dozen Medtone reminder voices, ability to pick color themes and pillbox shapes, and no banner ads for $4.99 a month or $39.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew at your monthly or annual rate unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal settings in the Account Settings after purchase.
Medisafe does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medications or a medical condition.
Pharmacists Rank Medisafe #1: http://bit.ly/2nTjmsI
Contact us: email@example.com
mobilePDR allows healthcare professionals FREE access to the most current drug prescribing information available from PDR. Fast and easy to use, mobilePDR employs a simple, but powerful search tool with access to thousands of concise drug summaries. Users can search by generic, brand or pharmacologic class names. A drug comparison feature helps healthcare providers choose the right medication for their patients based on key drug properties such as indications and side effects, dosing, and more. Know at a glance when there may be a drug interaction. Identify a pill based on its physical characteristics and visually confirm with full-color photos.
All therapeutic areas and medical specialties are covered within the PDR drug app, including diabetes drugs, pain drugs, asthma and allergy drugs, cardiovascular drugs, obesity drugs, cholesterol drugs, psychiatric and mental health drugs, pediatric drugs, oncology drugs, vaccines and biologics, and more.
– Free to all U.S. healthcare professionals
– Simple, powerful search provides fast access to drug information with auto-completion
– Personalize your experience by saving drugs that you look up often for quick access
– Search by brand, generic or pharmacologic class names
– Access concise drug summaries and dosing information to answer important prescribing questions
– Drug information is updated continuously with the latest information
– Covers thousands of drugs in active use
– Swipe left-right to compare key drug characteristics such as dosing, indications, and side effects
– Save drug comparisons to refer to them again later
– Check for drug interactions and learn what drug combinations to avoid
– Identify pills by tablet imprint codes, shape or drug color, complete with color pill images
– Registration is free, and required the first time you use the mobilePDR app
– mobilePDR is intended for use by U.S. healthcare professionals”
7. Pill Reminder – All in One
“Pill Reminder is an easy-to-use and reliable app that helps you remember to take your medications at the right time. It allows you to create any type of recurring reminders (every X hours, specific times, daily, weekly, monthly, every X days, etc). It tracks the remaining quantity of each medication and shows a refill alert when running low.
It has everything you need:
• Mark Medications as Taken or Missed
• Reschedule Medications
• Refill Reminders
• PRN (as needed) Medications
• Reminders for Medical Appointments
• Email Reports to your Doctor
• Multiple User Support
By remembering to take all of your medications at the right time, you are taking control of your own health.
• Repeat every X hours (e.g. From 8 AM to 8 PM, every 4 hours)
• Repeat at specific times (e.g. 9:15 AM, 1:30 PM, 8:50 PM)
• Repeat every half hour (e.g. From 10 AM to 2 PM, every 30 minutes)
• Repeat on selected days of the week (e.g. Every week only on Mondays and Fridays)
• Repeat every X days, weeks or months (e.g. Every 3 days, Every 2 weeks)
• Repeat daily for 21 days and then take 7 days off (Birth Control)
• User friendly interface
• If you took your medication early or late, you can reschedule the next doses in that day
• Get alerts to refill your prescriptions before they run out
• Can be used with any medication, supplement, vitamin, or birth control that follows a regular schedule
• Swipe from right to left to mark a medication as “Taken” directly from the lock screen or notification banner
• Ability to add PRN (as needed) medications
• Keep track of the medications you have to take throughout the day
• Pre-Alarms: Be notified prior to the actual time
• Auto-Snooze: Automatically repeat the alarm up to 5 times at regular intervals (e.g. 1 min, 10 mins, 30 mins) until you take action
• Add notes, time and dose taken for reference
• Mark medications as Taken or Not Taken
• Get alerts when medications are about to expire
• Email your medication list or administration history to your doctor
• Add reminders for medical appointments
• Add photos to each medication for easy identification
• Multiple user support. Add medications for yourself, family members, or others you care for
• Ability to search the FDA Drug Database for your medications (Available in the US only)
• Has a calendar to view all reminders by month
• Backup and restore all data on the same device or multiple devices
• 33 built-in alarm sounds
• VoiceOver accessibility support
• Dark Mode (Available in iOS 13 and later)
• Automatically adjusts to the font size selected on the device
• Notifications are local. No internet connection required
• App doesn’t need to be open to receive notifications
• Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• In the free version, you can add unlimited medications but only 2 reminders
• Full version with unlimited reminders is available as an In-App Purchase
• One-Time payment. No monthly or annual fees”
8. Pocket Pharmacist
Pocket Pharmacist features:
∙ Unbiased information (zero pharmaceutical sponsorship and no advertisements)
∙ Drug summaries curated and summarized by a Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy) — focused on drugs approved by the United States FDA
∙ Wicked fast drug search
∙ Super accurate
∙ Easy to understand
∙ Provides interactions and overlapping precautions and side effects
∙ Test your drug and medication knowledge
∙ Unlimited multiple-choice questions and flashcards
∙ The best drug study guide, period.
∙ All your medication information nice and neat
∙ Run interaction checks
∙ Share by print/email with your medical team
Download now for a free trial. Not impressed? Simply walk away. No login required. Nothing to opt-out. Nothing to cancel.
∙ O (The Oprah Magazine)
∙ iPhone Life Magazine
∙ Woman’s Day
In-App Auto-Renewable Subscription Details
– Pocket Pharmacist Monthly and Pocket Pharmacist Yearly include an ad-free experience, access to all current features, drug information curated and summarized by a pharmacist (updated monthly), future features, technical updates, and prompt email support for the duration of the subscription period.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Your subscription will automatically renew at the duration selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will be the subscription fee you have agreed to.
– You can manage your subscription by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
– If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to the App after the end of the current period.