If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Cancer Patients to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone App For Cancer Patients that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone App For Cancer Patients, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone App For Cancer Patients
1. Cancer.Net Mobile
“Get easy-to-use tools to help you plan and manage care – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond – provided by Cancer.Net, including the latest oncologist-approved cancer information. Brought to you by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
Intuitive, on-the-go tools keep track of questions, symptoms, medications, appointments, and health care providers, allowing you to:
• Get Information – up-to-date guides on 120+ types of cancer, including treatment, managing side effects, cost of care, and living with cancer
• Record Questions – easily jot down questions for your doctors and record their answers
• Log Medications – take photos of medication labels and bottles. Input dosage, frequency, and prescribing provider. Set reminders and record when medications are taken
• Track Symptoms – note symptoms and side effects. Automatically plot severity, date, and time in an easy-to-read line graph
• Appointments – enter appointments with health care providers, view upcoming appointments, history, and sync with device calendar
• Providers – record health care providers’ full contact information. Assign, questions, symptoms, and appointments to specific providers
• Scheduling – add questions, symptoms, or medications to your mobile device calendar
• Link Questions – link any questions to ask at your next appointment with a current symptom, medication, or provider
• Health Report – view, email, or print a report of all your health information within a given date range. The Cancer.Net Mobile app integrates with the Apple Health app to optionally include Health app data in your report.
Cancer.Net Mobile is a companion to the Cancer.Net website, a service of ASCO, the world’s leading professional organization representing physicians who care for people with cancer. All information on Cancer.Net was developed and approved by oncologists who are members of ASCO. Cancer.Net is supported by the Conquer Cancer Foundation, which funds breakthrough cancer research and supports the sharing of cutting-edge knowledge with patients and doctors worldwide.”
Feeling disorganised, confused, isolated or overwhelmed by a cancer diagnosis? You are not alone.
CancerAid was founded by two oncologists to assist you in managing cancer. This app is designed to help you take control over physical and psychological side effects from the moment of diagnosis, through treatment and during recovery.
The app lets you keep track of your diagnostic and treatment information, access medically reliable information to learn more about your condition, track and manage your side effects, nominate your care team and gain access to a motivational community, all in one place.
Use the app in the comfort of your own home, in the waiting room or out and about. CancerAid is available when you need it the most, anywhere and anytime.
“I find myself referring back to the CancerAid app to do what it takes to have a better understanding of all these body changes and feels.” Rosemary, patient in remission
Be Better Equipped to Discuss Side Effects with Your Doctor
It’s ok not to be ok. The CancerAid app makes it easy to record and monitor symptoms and medication use over time. We understand that it’s not always possible to log symptoms when they occur so we have made it possible to track in real-time and retrospectively.
Research has shown that patients who record their symptoms and share these with their clinical care team experience improved outcomes.
If you are not experiencing any side effects or symptoms, great! Let your care team know that you are feeling well by entering a low severity in the app. Logging your wellness regularly is as important as logging your symptoms, and helps physicians make decisions on your treatment.
“The CancerAid app was the one place I wrote down all my symptoms and how I felt. Since I always have my phone with me it saved me from having to remember every fortnight what I needed to say to my oncologist.” – Kerry, cancer survivor
This app integrates with Apple’s HealthKit and CareKit allowing you to make your activity visible to your medical care team at connected hospitals.
Share Information with All Your Loved Ones at Once
Who’s in your corner? You can nominate your care team and loved ones with the Champion feature to keep them in the loop of how you are going. In your CancerAid journal, you can share your experiences and milestones in a secure place available to you and your nominated Champions.
“A lot of people are separated by distance from someone they love who is going through cancer. Champions is a great feature that allows us to keep track of treatment and prognosis.” – Zelda and Jeremy, mom and son
Support for Caregivers
Cancer is not a one man disease, and CancerAid recognises that caregivers also need useful tools and support through the cancer timeline. If you are caring for someone affected by cancer you can request to follow their progress in the app so that you know when they need you the most.
The app is filled with resources for caregivers. The in-app community lets you read other carer’s tips and experiences, the cancer profile holds information on specific cancer types, treatments and what to expect from them.
“I am very impressed with the information, care and support available in CancerAid. I can’t thank you enough for helping my husband” – Sarah, caregiver
A Trusted Cancer Resources
CancerAid is endorsed by leading Cancer Hospitals, Health Insurance Providers, and Cancer Charities. CancerAid has been awarded Best Startup Creating Social Impact by Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Group and Best Global Startup by Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple.
The app has been highlighted as a flagship health app by Apple and has been featured by Shark Tank Australia, TechCrunch, CNBC and The Huffington Post.
“I love the platform for both patients and oncologists alike, and the passion and competence of the founders blows me away” – Andrew Banks (Shark Tank investor)”
“During a health journey, everyone wants to know what’s going on, and how they can help. Public social media isn’t always the right place to share medical details, and it’s too hard to keep up with individual emails, texts and calls. CaringBridge offers a safe, secure place for patients and caregivers to provide health updates, and for family and friends to respond with messages of emotional support and prayers.
• Free, with no ads
• Each site has 3 privacy settings
• Connect to GoFundMe for personal fundraising
• CaringBridge is a global 501(c)3 nonprofit; founded in 1997
• A simplified authentication experience
• A choice to remember passwords and keep users signed in
• A choice of email, Facebook, or Google to sign in
Authoring a Site
• Post a Journal Update right from your site’s home page
• Easily add photos to Journal Entries
• Add captions, crop and rotate or remove photos from your entry
• View and share Journal Entries or rally support from your community
• Quickly find a loved one’s site by site title or person’s name
• Navigate to their site’s home page and see the latest updates
• Stay updated with notifications on new site activity
• Share a site to help rally more support
• Explore the site with a new task bar
• Easily engage with important updates
• Quickly see photo highlights
• Easily interact with the latest Journal Entries
• Amp, share, and reply with supportive words
Ways to Help
• Access all the Ways To Help and support tools on one page
• An organized gallery to view photo updates
• Add memories from your device’s library
• Take current photos with your phone’s camera and upload
Ways to Help
• Access all the Ways To Help and support tools on one page”
4. chemoWave: Cancer Health Diary
Think of chemoWave as your virtual health advocate that uses Artificial Intelligence to help you track symptoms, medications and key activities to generate your own personal insights.
It helps you manage your daily tasks so you can take control of the ups and downs during treatment and improve your health.
ALL NEW: chemoWave Pro with weekly “My Reports” (Sign up now for a Free 30 Day Trial)
Subscribe to chemoWave Pro today and get a weekly summary of your data with insights and trends to show you what helps you feel better and fight negative side effects.
See engaging charts with things like moods, symptoms, medications, activities, and sleep — and share ongoing My Reports with your doctors to avoid side effects and improve your care. ($4.99 / month, or $24 / 6 months)
chemoWave is a free health app for cancer patients to track symptoms, medications, sleep, steps, and other important activities. chemoWave provides people going through cancer with personal insights that enable them to work more effectively with their doctors or care team to better control side effects and symptoms.
Many treatment side effects (like nausea, constipation, fatigue, hair loss, loss of appetite, dehydration, depression, etc.) can be significantly reduced, if not eliminated altogether while fighting cancer.
chemoWave is a virtual advocate for cancer patients, a companion helping you do everything in your power to feel better.
chemoWave empowers cancer patients to:
chemoWave makes it easy for you to keep record of your physical and emotional wellbeing, tracking things like symptoms, mood, medications, water intake, sleep, and steps (integrated with Apple Health App)
Real-time, personal insights help you identify how your actions are related to your condition and symptoms, so you can take control of your health while facing cancer
A reliable account of your treatment experience leads to better collaboration with care providers
– Update Your Overall Condition:
A simple “swipe” is all it takes indicate shifts in how a patient is feeling. Users can be specific about their “ups” and “downs” using 0% to 100% scale.
– Track Your Symptoms & Mood:
Symptom changes are easy to keep track of using a 5-point “Severity” scale, and a list of common symptoms (auto-ordered by severity). “New” symptoms can also be added as you go.
– See Personalized Insights:
Our AI-enabled personal “My Insights” are generated based on your own experiences. You’ll discover what’s related to your ups and downs and what you can do to take control of your health during cancer.
– Log Activities like Medication, Steps, Sleep:
Update your activities like Sleep, Water Intake, Medications, or Steps (Automatically integrated with Apple HealthKit and your Health App)
– Use a Quick Log to easily track your cancer journey:
Quickly log the times and details of important activities during treatment.
*Activities & Experience Tracking:
Physical Condition Shifts
Symptoms & Side-effects
Appointments, Treatments and Procedures
Steps (Integrated with Apple Health App)
*Users May Also Track:
– Charts & Personal Analytics:
* Interactive Charts, Automatically updated and personalized to your journey
– Share: Share unique cancer treatment experiences with family, friends, or doctors.
** chemoWave does not give medical advice, please consult with your doctor before making any necessary changes to your health plan **
5. LivingWith™: Cancer support
LivingWith can help people living with cancer and their caregivers:
• Share how you’re feeling. Track mood, pain, sleep and steps; integrate with the Health app and wearables; and share personalized graphs with your doctor
• Get help. Stay connected to loved ones and send or receive requests for help with daily tasks
• Make notes. Write and record notes and questions for the doctor
• Stay organized. Keep test results, medication details and insurance information all in one place
LivingWith is part of the This Is Living With Cancer™ program developed by Pfizer Oncology for people living with cancer and those who love them. LivingWith is available in English and Spanish.
Technical help needed? Contact us at LivingWithSupport@pfizer.com.
6. Re-Mission 2 Nanobot’s Revenge
You are a super-powerful microscopic robot battling evil cancer cells inside the human body. Your mission: destroy a growing tumor before the cancer baddies escape into the blood stream. Fight cancer and win in Re-Mission 2: Nanobot’s Revenge.
How can you defeat cancer? Select from your devastating arsenal of chemo, radiation, and targeted cancer-drug attacks to crush an army of malignant forces. Burn, slash, vaporize, and destroy cancer to save the day!
Re-Mission 2: Nanobot’s Revenge is just 1 of 6 cancer-fighting games created by the nonprofit HopeLab to help young people with cancer take on the fight of their lives; play them all online at www.re-mission2.org.
Mobile app brought to you by HopeLab, with support from Cigna.
– 12 playable levels and 1 unlockable challenge level
– 15 powerful attacks to unlock and upgrade
– A mix of strategic and fast-paced action game play
– Full achievement system and use your achievements to purchase character upgrades
– Absolutely free and no in-game ads
– iPad 2 and above
– iPhone 4s and above
Note: Plays on older iOS devices, but at reduced performance
CAN GAMES REALLY HELP FIGHT CANCER?
We wondered the same thing. Scientific research shows that playing Re-Mission 2 games can boost positive emotions, increase self-efficacy, and shift attitudes about cancer and cancer treatments, which can lead to better adherence to prescribed treatments.
Learn more about the research behind Re-Mission 2 games, designed with the input of more than 120 young cancer patients, at www.re-mission2.org.”