If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Dark Pictures to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Dark Pictures that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Dark Pictures, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone App For Dark Pictures
1. AirBrush – Best Photo Editor
#1 PHOTO EDITING APP
Near perfect app star rating! Professional results! Easy to use!
AirBrush brings you the most natural, easy-to-use photo editing tools designed to give your photos the perfect aesthetic.
CAPTURE THE REAL YOU
Swipe away pesky imperfections to let your true self shine through your photos.
• Remove acne and blemishes
• Even out skin tone
• Smooth and glowing skin
• Whiten teeth
• Widen or nudge your smile
• Plump up lips
• Brighten eyes
• Look awake and refreshed
• Enlarge eyes
SCULPT AND SHAPE
• Expand or slim any facial feature
• Shift position of facial features
• Reduce or enlarge any area of the photo
• Add volume to your hair
• Stretch tool for added height
PROFESSIONAL PHOTO EFFECTS
• Add depth with our blur tool
• Frame your photos with vignettes
• Crop photos with custom or pre-set sizes
• Control color and light
FILTERS FOR DAYS!
• Dozens of looks
• Themed filters and gorgeous light effects
• New filters always being added
READY TO SHARE?
• Directly share your AirBrush photos onto your favorite social media accounts
TO DISCOVER PHOTO EDITING TIPS, FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
The AirBrush BLACK is a subscription that provides access to premium tools and filters that are updated monthly, at the price of $35.99 USD/year (annual plan) or $7.99/month (monthly plan). This subscription auto-renews at the end of each term according to the plan subscribed, unless canceled 24-hours in advance. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active period.
Terms of Service:
2. BlackSight: Night mode camera
“BlackSight is a computational photography app designed to take brighter and images with little amount of noise in low light conditions. Using sophisticated long exposure algorithms, it can capture high quality photos in dark environments without requiring any internet connection. Your photos are processed locally on your device , hence protecting your privacy. Tripod is not required but using one will result in sharper images.
– Compatible with all cameras (front, ultra-wide, wide, telephoto)
– Manual focus
– Soft torch for illuminating super dark scenes
– Photo format (HEIC/JPEG)
– Shoot lower resolution image for faster processing
– Mirrored selfies
– Front flash
– Smart white balance correction to reduce yellowish tint
– Tripod mode for taking brighter and noise free images for very dark scenes
– iPhone 6s and above (6S, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, XS, XR, SE 2, 11, 11 Pro)
– Front camera is not supported for iPhone 6s/6s+
Tips for better photos:
– Choose a moderate/dim scene with uniform lighting (avoid harsh light source like lamps/street lights)
– Use a tripod or rest your hands/phone on a surface for maximum sharpness
– Always tap to focus before taking each photo and wait for focus to stabilises (Focussing can take 1-3 seconds to lock in dark scenes)
– Hold your phone using two hands as it reduces hand motion
– Hold your breath if you are doing handheld shot (Yes, this helps!!)
– For selfies, do not blink your eyes and try to stay still with minimal head motion
– For human portraits, make sure your subjects hold very still for up to 5 seconds
– Avoid scenes having any kind of motion like cars, persons, crowds, pets, windy trees”
3. Brightly – Fix Dark Photos
With a single slider, Brightly adaptively brightens your photos instantly to bring out hidden details while maintaining a pleasing balance between light and dark without overexposing already lit areas. Brightly also brightens videos while applying lighting changes smoothly over time. Brightly is designed for iOS with an intuitive, single window interface that has all the photo editing features you’d expect to show your photos and videos in their best light. Take your editing to the next level with must-have professional features like RAW photos and 4K video.
When taking a photo, there are many lighting challenges often out of one’s control: low or uneven lighting, inadequate exposure, backlit subjects, some subjects are shadowed and others are not. Because its image processing algorithm is aware of the dark and light areas of a photo and how they interact, Brightly can handle these challenges where traditional photo editing apps fall short. Not only are the dark areas brightened, but their detail and contrast are enhanced. Already lit areas are not overexposed and blend seamlessly with the dark areas. The result is a pleasant, natural looking image.
All those computations are combined into just one slider: the Magic Bar. It’s simple, fast and intuitive. Quickly make lighting corrections to your photos and videos in a single mouse click, saving you time and requiring far less editing than other photo apps.
Video and Live Photos
Unlike other low light photo apps, Brightly works on videos, including 4K, Slo-mo and Time-lapse videos, as well as Live Photos. Algorithms specific to video dynamically brighten your video and smooth the changes over time to keep them looking great regardless of changing lighting conditions.
RAW and Wide Color Photos
Brightly reads RAW, Apple ProRAW and Wide color photos and processes these photos at a high precision, making it suitable for professional workflows. Results can be saved as JPEG and lossless PNG and TIFF.
Brightly has over a dozen adjustments to fine-tune the Magic Bar results. Some you’d expect from a photo app: cropping, exposure, contrast, saturation, vibrance, warmth, shadows, highlights, blacks, whites, vignette, sharpen and noise reduction. Others are designed specifically for Brightly. Brilliance provides an additional boost to brightness when it’s needed without overexposing. Structure improves local detail, but more so in darker areas than in lighter. White balance is a two part control calibrated to remove indoor or outdoor color casts. Surface blur instantly smooths out large areas while preserving edges.
Other low light photo apps require long exposure times and/or multiple exposures of the scene and a steady hand or camera in a fixed position. Objects that move during an exposure introduce blur, and videos aren’t possible. Additionally, those apps cannot improve photos already in your album. This is where Brightly excels.
Whether it’s a photo or video, Brightly lets you be spontaneous and capture the moment, giving you the freedom to adjust the lighting later. This also allows you to breathe new life into photos and videos in your album that were once thought unusable.
Brightly’s computational photography engine combines the science of computer vision, how the eye sees light, color and contrast, with the art of photography to restore photos harmoniously.
Brightly makes a perfect addition to any professional photographer’s toolbox.
Made for iOS
Brightly is designed for iOS with deep integration, including drag and drop and Dark Mode. Brightly seamlessly integrates with the Photos app with Photo Editing and Share extensions, and you can quickly launch it from other apps or with the Today widget, making editing easy and convenient.
To find out more, visit us at www.codeorgana.com.”
4. Darkroom: Photo & Video Editor
** Winner of Apple Design Award in 2020 **
** Best of the App Store 2015 **
Available as a Universal app on iPhone, iPad, and macOS Big Sur with deep integration into all of the latest features.
UNIVERSAL & FREE PHOTO EDITOR
All the tools you need to bring your photos to life are Live Photos, RAW images, and Portrait images offered for free, available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!
VIDEO EDITOR (Darkroom+ Subscription)
Ridiculously fast and simple realtime color grading. All our filters and editing tools are video-compatible, including batch processing.
CURVES & SELECTIVE COLOR TOOLS (Darkroom+ Subscription)
This is the heart and soul of Darkroom: The most usable Curves and Selective Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
PORTRAIT BLUR EDITING
Edit the foreground and background of your Portrait photos separately. Customize the blur in your Portrait photos, or the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation of your foreground / background separately.
Edit RAW photos at their full resolution and the recover the full range of details in the shadows and highlights.
FULL ALBUM MANAGEMENT
Our complete suite of album management tools allow you to organize your library extremely quickly. Every action in Darkroom applies to your iCloud Photo Library!
CREATE YOUR OWN FILTERS
The same tools that professional photographs use to create filters. Edit any of the built-in or premium filters to suit them to your needs, or create your own from scratch.
All your photos are instantly available. Darkroom does not have an import step.
Apply edits and filters to many photos at once. Favorite/Delete/Hide many images with a single tap.
HASHTAG MANAGER & SIRI SHORTCUTS
Create sets of hashtags that you can export with one-tap from anywhere: Home screen, Today widget, Export sheet, and more. Create your own Siri Shortcuts to copy all your favorite hashtags from any app.
MEMBERSHIP TRIAL AND SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Your Darkroom+ membership will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions to manage your membership and turn auto-renew off. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
5. NeuralCam: Night Mode & ProCam
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker.
9to5Mac – “NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
NeuralCam is the top NightMode app for iPhone, and with the v5.0 update it becomes the most advanced computational photography camera for daytime photos too! Enjoy 48 megapixel(*in-app purchase), sharp, bright and less noisy images with more detail in every lighting condition.
—— BETTER PHOTOS, NIGHT & DAY ——-
– Night Mode on All iPhones All Cameras: including the ultra-wide, telephoto and selfie cameras
– Better Daytime HDR Photos: brighter daytime and indoor photos with more detail and less noise
– 48 Megapixel AI Upscaled Photos* (available as an additional in-app purchase): state-of-the-art AI Photo upscaling now available on all iPhones through NeuralCam 5
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode on All iPhones
—— UNIQUE COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESS———
NeuralCam uses multiple proprietary AI and Computational Photography technologies to get the highest possible quality images in all lighting conditions:
1. SmartCAPTURE: Sets the right capturing settings for each lighting situation to draw the most information and detail from the iPhone camera sensor
2. SmartMERGE: Combines pixels from multiple captured images to further enrich the amount of information and reduce noise
3. NeuralENHANCE: Uses state of the art Machine Learning techniques to enhance detail at 12MP and upscale photos to 24MP or 48MP (in-app purchase)
4. NeuralHDR: Adaptively illuminates night and day photos for a bright, but still natural look
It does all these steps in a few seconds on-device.
Read more about the NeuralCam photography process in the NeuralCam 5 launch blog post here: https://neural.cam/news/
——- FEATURES ——
– Auto and Manual Night Mode
– Auto and Manual Daytime Mode
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode (including Night Macro Mode)
– Manual Computational Photography Controls
– Multiple Capturing Modes: Hight Detail, Low Noise, Unprocessed* (*on iPhone 12 and 13 Pro)
– Merging of 1-12 frames
– 24MP & 48MP AI Super-Resolution
– 12MP AI Detail Enhancement
– Multiple AI Brightening Modes – now including NeuralHDR specially tailored for daytime photos
– Classic manual photography controls for White Balance, Exposure and Focus
– Tripod Mode – allows longer exposure time in really dark situations
– Gentle Torch – so you can light up your scene a bit if needed, in very low light
– Photo Format (HEIC/JPEG/TIFF)
– Grid options
NeuralCam 5: Better Night & Day Photos using AI and Computational Photography
Photo credits: @robert_bilinski, @maxmousee
6. Night Camera: Low light photos
“Thanks to the manual setting options for light exposure up to 1 second *, separate residual light- and ISO enhancement, Night Camera is perfect for taking pictures in a dark, insufficiently lit environment. Even during daylight, your pictures are clearer, with less interference, due to the extended exposure times.
Regardless whether you take night-, scenery- or other photographs, the picture quality you are able to achieve with Night Camera will surprise you.
You can easy tap to focus and tap to exposure at the same time. After selecting the desired setting, you can easily lock it to prevent changes despite movement.
Only here you can get luminance, luminosity and RGB histograms in real time to recognize over- and underexposure in time.
The self-timer, which is imperative for nighttime shots, enables you to take un-blurred pictures.
With the aid of the volume buttons you can take pictures with volume up (+) and fade the HUD-elements in- and out with volume down (-).
Of course you can also block the white balance separately and edit it if necessary.
Standard image formats (4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 16:9 and 3:1) can be edited live. The full-screen mode is activated for narrow image formats, enabling maximum display use. This feature can also be deactivated.
The histogram adapts to all image formats.
The up to 6x digital live zoom can be edited in the settings to enable a greater precision level during targeted zooming.
Various real-time color filters complete this app.
The most important functions:
– Shutter speed control
– Up to 1 second * exposure time
– Manual ISO setting
– Manual focus
– Residual light enhancement
– Real-time luminance histogram
– Real-time luminosity histogram
– Real-time RGB histogram
– Volume Up (+) Photo Capture
– Volume Down (-) HUD Hide
– 6x digital live zoom
– Tap to focus
– Tap to exposure
– White balance-lock
– Manual white balance
– Manual exposure adjustment
– Aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 16:9 and 3:1
– Full-screen mode
– Eco mode
– Diverse color filters in real-time
– Take HD photos
– Landscape and portrait mode
– Supports front and back camera
– Supports LED-continuous light
– Supports EXIF-data
*) only on supported devices
Impress your friends, by catching a couple red-handed or by showing your impressive night time pictures.
A good camera and a powerful processor are required, to get the maximum picture quality.
For ad-free please try our professional camera app “Night Camera HD” for low light photography with much more features.
All the screenshots listed were taken with an iPhone and iPad and are genuine!
Please note that this app does not provide true night vision functionality. The iPhone, iPad and iPod touch have no infrared amplifier, as a result no pictures can be taken in total darkness; a minimal level of light is still required, which can be ascertained by the camera’s sensors. The preview will also be delayed in exposure mode. In addition the camera must be held stable for exposure time.
Follow us: http://twitter.com/CLIDOapps
Visit us: http://www.clidoapps.com”
7. NightCap Camera
“NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights – ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.”
8. Spectre Camera
Introducing Spectre, from the makers of Halide, one of the top camera apps in the App Store.
Spectre uses AI to help you make amazing long exposure photographs. Spectre can remove crowds, turn city streets into rivers of light, make waterfalls look like paintings, and much more. Until now, it was difficult to take long exposures: from keeping the camera steady to guessing the amount of light you need. Spectre takes care of all of that!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• MAKE CROWDS DISAPPEAR: Spectre helps take photos of crowded, touristy places. Simply set a medium or long duration and take a shot to erase the crowd from a location. Capture the those special moments like you remember them.
• RIVERS OF LIGHT: At night, AI scene detection automatically switches modes to draw beautiful light trails, for stunning nighttime city photography or light painting.
• GORGEOUS WATER: Capture waterfalls, ocean waves, fountains and more with beautiful ghostly water.
LIVE PHOTOS AND VIDEO
Spectre’s intelligent computational shutter takes hundreds of shots over the span of a few seconds, and saves them in an accompanying live photo. That means you can pick a different frame as your photo, apply live-photo effects, and even use the long exposure as a live-wallpaper!
Spectre is a packed with powerful technology from by the team that brought you Halide.
From machine learning-based scene detection to computer vision aided image stabilization, Spectre is jammed full of impressive technologies to get the best possible image.
DESIGNED FOR HUMANS
Spectre is meticulously designed. Its dark UI is gentle on the eyes when you shoot at night. Gorgeous glowing highlights infuse it with a unique style. Custom typefaces and iconography combined with unique, smooth controls make it as tactile and delightful as an actual physical camera. Like its sister app Halide, the app is easily usable with one hand, even on the largest iPhones.
Build with the latest tech, Spectre isn’t just a long exposure camera — it’s the cutting edge technology showcase of one of the App Store’s foremost camera apps, Halide. Here’s just a few of the latest technologies that we use in Spectre:
– DCI-P3 Wide Color Pipeline
– Live Photos
– Metal Graphics Acceleration
– Tripod Detection
– Siri & Shortcuts
– AI Stabilization
– Machine Learning & CoreML
– Computer Vision
Spectre’s smart Automatic Scene Detection requires iOS 12. AI-based stabilization features are available on iPhone 6S and later.* For the best experience, we recommend iPhone 8 or later.
On iPhone 6, Spectre captures in lower resolution.
* (Full compatibility device list: iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max)
We’re Ben and Sebastiaan, two friends living in the San Francisco Bay Area that love building fantastic apps for photography.
We hope you love Spectre! We’d love your feedback to make it even better or any reports of bugs you run into. You can always contact us directly via email: email@example.com, on our Twitter: @halidecamera or Instagram: @halideapp
Don’t forget to share your amazing results by tagging them with #SpectreShot so we can share them on our growing social media accounts!”