If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Interval Running to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Interval Running that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Interval Running, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best iPhone App For Interval Running
1. Interval Timer – HIIT Workouts
We’re proud to introduce this handy little app that helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during workouts. Whether your into cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIT, this interval timer will prove to be an invaluable asset to you.
Running foreground, background or with device locked, this reliable app allows you specify an overall time as well as program High/Low intensity interval and rest time between sets. Produced by Polycents!
– Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest for your own need
– Retina display, iOS4 and multitasking
– Continue to run even when screen is locked
– Play your song or playlist during your workout
– Post your workout to Facebook or Twitter
– Save settings as templates
– Number of Sets
– Countdown Time
– Set Time
– Low Interval time
– High Interval time
– Rest Time
– First Interval (low or high)
– Sound Volume
– Timer Sounds
– Auto Lock
– Pause during Rest
– New Each Set
-Interval Timer can use Apple Health to show heart rate in Apple Watch App.
# Subscription Details #
– Monthly and annual subscriptions are available.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
– Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
– Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
2. Intervals Pro – Interval Timer
Let Intervals Pro guide you through any type of interval workout: HIIT, running, strength training, yoga, stretching, circuit training, boxing, MMA, elliptical, rehabilitation, meditation, 7 minute workouts and many more.
• Apple – App of the Day in 132 Countries
• Apple – Workout with Apple Watch, Quick HIIT Workouts
• Women’s Health Magazine
• COACH Magazine
• Highly Customizable
• iOS 14 Home Screen Widgets to quickly launch timers
• 3 timer types, 6 workout templates, and a 2 Running Training programs
• Spoken interval names and prompts
• Customizable alert sounds
• Standalone Apple Watch workouts. Leave your iPhone at home!
• Workout History using Apple Health data
• View an Apple Watch workout live on your iPhone!
• Run in the background with the screen locked
• Play music or podcasts using the app of your choice
• Bluetooth heart rate monitor support for Apple Watch or iPhone
• Fill your Activity Rings
• Backup your timers to iCloud
• Siri Shortcuts and 3D touch
• Share timers with friends
• Time and Distance Goals
• Running Pace and Heart Rate Targets
• Auto pause and resume
• Send completed workouts to Strava
PERSONALIZE YOUR WORKOUT
• Customize the Name, Duration, Alert, and Color for each interval
• Customize Alert Sounds and Voice Prompts to guide your through your workout
• Set a Countdown Alert and vibrations when the interval is about to end
• Optional halfway alert
• Set target heart rate ranges for each interval
• Set time and distance goals
FLEXIBLE INTERVAL DURATIONS
• Time based (e.g., 45 seconds)
• Distance based (e.g., 0.5 MI or KM)
• Count up intervals keep running until your ready for the next interval
• Estimated time or distance. Count down time or distance to zero and then continue the interval, counting up until you’re ready to move on.
THE BEST APPLE WATCH INTERVAL TIMER
• Leave your phone at home and workout with Intervals on Apple Watch
• Control your music or podcasts on the “Now Playing” screen
• View an Apple Watch workout live on your iPhone
• Alert Sounds and Voice Prompts to guide your through your workout
• Configurable haptic alert countdown that taps you on the wrist when the interval is ending
• Track heart rate, calories, distance, and pace
• Route tracking for running, walking, and cycling
• Workouts contribute to the Apple Watch Activity Rings
WORKOUT HISTORY USING APPLE HEALTH
• Intervals Pro has the best Apple Health integration of any interval training app
• Track heart rate, calories, distance, and pace
• Route tracking for running, walking and cycling
• Detailed stats for every interval
• All your data is safely stored in Apple Health
GREAT FOR RUNNING AND CYCLING
• Interval duration can be set to either a specified time or distance
• Display current pace, pace for the interval, or pace for the entire run
• Configure heart rate ranges per interval
• Analyze each interval of your run in the workout history
• Supported on Apple Watch and iPhone
MULTIPLE VOICES AND LANGUAGES
• Select the language and voice to use for all spoken alerts.
• Spoken alerts are localized to 10 languages. Chinese (simplified), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, and Swedish are all supported.
BUILT IN WORKOUT TEMPLATES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
• 7 minute workout
• Run/Walk workout
• 4×4 Running workout
• Tabata workout
• 3 Minute Plank Challenge
• Mindfulness Session
• 5K Training Program
• None to Run Training Program
SHARE TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
• Easily share your timers with friends to use
The free version comes with a built-in timer that you can customize as needed. Upgrade with a one time in-app purchase to create unlimited timers and unlock all features.
Get Intervals today and your workouts will never be the same!”
3. RUN interval – Running Timer
“Easily set up and record your Interval and Fartlek running sessions. With the flexibility of using time and/or distance as interval targets for your “Hard”, “Easy” and “Rest” efforts. The simple but highly configurable interface on your phone and watch will have you running sooner.
Now with a Distance Goal option for your session. Along with great audio and visual feedback, detailed post-run summary, share your runs to Strava, and a full-featured Apple Watch app.
You can also record your regular runs with voice-over calling out distance and pace feedback.
• Easily create flexible custom interval sessions.
• Utilize three effort targets “Hard”, “Easy” and “Rest” in each set, targeting time or distance (meters or miles).
• You can “Skip” any of the three efforts to create flexible sets, like building a progressive intervals session.
• NEW: Set a Distance Goal for your session, that repeats the sets from the start until the distance has been reached.
• Set a Warm-Up and Warm-Down timer or distance around your session.
• Clear and easily glanceable visuals and audio prompts, including vibrations.
• Voice-over prompts to save you from looking at the screen, great for iPhone or headphone users.
• Voice-over prompts include the upcoming intervals effort and time/distance amount, and your last intervals average pace and heart rate.
• Full-featured Apple Watch App!
• Heart Rate Zones! (see description below)
• Indoor Mode, no GPS, for treadmill running.
• Sound Mode, for normal, discrete or silent audio prompts on your watch.
• Vibration feedback on both the phone and watch.
• Detailed run summary, showing pace for hard and easy efforts.
• The run summary also includes interval breakdown, distance breakdown and heart rate details.
• Play music or podcasts while running and still hear the audio prompts.
• Sharing. Post to Strava or share a summary photo with your friends.
• Private data. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone.
• Normal Run – Record a normal run, long or short.
• Record Intervals – If you run with a group or do an undefined session, then use the Record Interval option. It allows you to manually change between “Hard” and “Easy” reps, allowing you to record your session.
• Custom Intervals – Our fully flexible intervals that allow you to use time and/or distance for the efforts. Add multiple intervals sets together to create the session you want.
From the summary screen, you can share your runs with friends or across social media. We have built-in Strava sharing, allowing you to log in with your Strava account and share your run directly from RUN interval. Or if you want to share directly with friends or across other social media, you can share a summary image with the details of your run.
Heart Rate Zones: (Apple Watch Only)
Zones are displayed as grouped percentages of your maximum heart rate. Giving you an indication of your current work rate based on your current heart rate. Just enter your maximum workout heart rate into our Settings screen and they will display on your Watch the next time you run.
Zone 1: Very Light Effort 50-60% (Gray)
Zone 2: Light Effort 60-70% (Blue)
Zone 3: Moderate Effort 70-80% (Green)
Zone 4: Hard Effort 80-90% (Yellow)
Zone 5: Maximum Effort 90-100% (Red)
We don’t want to know where you have run, that’s for you to worry about. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone you don’t want too. We keep your running records safe in Apple Health so you have control. Apple Heath gives you the control over who accesses your data. We only write and read the data we record from your running.
And because we don’t send any data to a server, we need you to send us feedback and suggestions. Hit the Support link below or visit our website to contact us.”