If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Interval Training to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone App For Interval Training that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone App For Interval Training, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone App For Interval Training
1. Best Interval Timer
There is one default routine in this free version, but you can edit it to your own one which include warm-up, high/low intensity, cool down and rest time etc, you can custom as many sets as you wish to do.
⁃ One default routine.
⁃ Big readable counting down time.
⁃ Start, pause or reset routine.
⁃ Warm up, low intensity, high intensity, cool down, rest time.
⁃ Support background, foreground playing and multitasking.
⁃ Music plays.
⁃ Vibrate or not.
⁃ 15 interval switch sounds.
⁃ 12 background interval pictures available.
⁃ Show number of times you have practiced of one routine.
⁃ Support landscape and portrait.
⁃ Create one reminder to alert you doing your workout.
If you have any question or suggestion, please send email to our support email@example.com.”
2. Interval Timer – HIIT Workouts
We’re proud to introduce this handy little app that helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during workouts. Whether your into cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIT, this interval timer will prove to be an invaluable asset to you.
Running foreground, background or with device locked, this reliable app allows you specify an overall time as well as program High/Low intensity interval and rest time between sets. Produced by Polycents!
– Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest for your own need
– Retina display, iOS4 and multitasking
– Continue to run even when screen is locked
– Play your song or playlist during your workout
– Post your workout to Facebook or Twitter
– Save settings as templates
– Number of Sets
– Countdown Time
– Set Time
– Low Interval time
– High Interval time
– Rest Time
– First Interval (low or high)
– Sound Volume
– Timer Sounds
– Auto Lock
– Pause during Rest
– New Each Set
-Interval Timer can use Apple Health to show heart rate in Apple Watch App.
# Subscription Details #
– Monthly and annual subscriptions are available.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
– Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
– Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
3. Interval Timer – Seconds
“Seconds is widely recognized as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Non-paying users may create as many timers as they wish, but once an interval timer is started it may not be used again. Upgrading to the full version removes this restriction.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.”
4. Intervals Pro – Interval Timer
Let Intervals Pro guide you through any type of interval workout: HIIT, running, strength training, yoga, stretching, circuit training, boxing, MMA, elliptical, rehabilitation, meditation, 7 minute workouts and many more.
• Apple – App of the Day in 132 Countries
• Apple – Workout with Apple Watch, Quick HIIT Workouts
• Women’s Health Magazine
• COACH Magazine
• Highly Customizable
• iOS 14 Home Screen Widgets to quickly launch timers
• 3 timer types, 6 workout templates, and a 2 Running Training programs
• Spoken interval names and prompts
• Customizable alert sounds
• Standalone Apple Watch workouts. Leave your iPhone at home!
• Workout History using Apple Health data
• View an Apple Watch workout live on your iPhone!
• Run in the background with the screen locked
• Play music or podcasts using the app of your choice
• Bluetooth heart rate monitor support for Apple Watch or iPhone
• Fill your Activity Rings
• Backup your timers to iCloud
• Siri Shortcuts and 3D touch
• Share timers with friends
• Time and Distance Goals
• Running Pace and Heart Rate Targets
• Auto pause and resume
• Send completed workouts to Strava
PERSONALIZE YOUR WORKOUT
• Customize the Name, Duration, Alert, and Color for each interval
• Customize Alert Sounds and Voice Prompts to guide your through your workout
• Set a Countdown Alert and vibrations when the interval is about to end
• Optional halfway alert
• Set target heart rate ranges for each interval
• Set time and distance goals
FLEXIBLE INTERVAL DURATIONS
• Time based (e.g., 45 seconds)
• Distance based (e.g., 0.5 MI or KM)
• Count up intervals keep running until your ready for the next interval
• Estimated time or distance. Count down time or distance to zero and then continue the interval, counting up until you’re ready to move on.
THE BEST APPLE WATCH INTERVAL TIMER
• Leave your phone at home and workout with Intervals on Apple Watch
• Control your music or podcasts on the “Now Playing” screen
• View an Apple Watch workout live on your iPhone
• Alert Sounds and Voice Prompts to guide your through your workout
• Configurable haptic alert countdown that taps you on the wrist when the interval is ending
• Track heart rate, calories, distance, and pace
• Route tracking for running, walking, and cycling
• Workouts contribute to the Apple Watch Activity Rings
WORKOUT HISTORY USING APPLE HEALTH
• Intervals Pro has the best Apple Health integration of any interval training app
• Track heart rate, calories, distance, and pace
• Route tracking for running, walking and cycling
• Detailed stats for every interval
• All your data is safely stored in Apple Health
GREAT FOR RUNNING AND CYCLING
• Interval duration can be set to either a specified time or distance
• Display current pace, pace for the interval, or pace for the entire run
• Configure heart rate ranges per interval
• Analyze each interval of your run in the workout history
• Supported on Apple Watch and iPhone
MULTIPLE VOICES AND LANGUAGES
• Select the language and voice to use for all spoken alerts.
• Spoken alerts are localized to 10 languages. Chinese (simplified), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, and Swedish are all supported.
BUILT IN WORKOUT TEMPLATES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
• 7 minute workout
• Run/Walk workout
• 4×4 Running workout
• Tabata workout
• 3 Minute Plank Challenge
• Mindfulness Session
• 5K Training Program
• None to Run Training Program
SHARE TIMERS WITH FRIENDS
• Easily share your timers with friends to use
The free version comes with a built-in timer that you can customize as needed. Upgrade with a one time in-app purchase to create unlimited timers and unlock all features.
Get Intervals today and your workouts will never be the same!”
5. Simple Interval Timer
SIT is exactly what you would expect. An interval timer, which is easy to set up and use. It features a nice plain design, with no unnecessary controls.
Adjust Number of Sets, Action and Break duration to your needs and you are ready to go!
On the iOS an extra switch control allows you to prevent the screen from dimming.
SIT remembers the last 5 configurations you have used. Swipe left across the Settings screen to switch to another configuration.
SIT can run in the background, while you are playing music, watching videos or doing anything else on your iOS device.
SIT Watch features the same simplicity as the iOS app while offering the same functionality, plus it will measure your heartbeat during the workout sessions. The recordings will be available in the Apple’s Health app.
SIT Watch runs independently of the phone, so no need to have your phone around during your workouts (although you will need your phone during the very first time you launch SIT watch).
SIT lets you avoid any tedious set up and focus on your training!”
6. Tabata Timer for HIIT Workouts
“Tabata Stopwatch Pro is the ultimate Tabata Interval Timer that works for ‘all’ your interval training needs. You can use it with Tabata, HIIT, kettlebells, bodyweight exercises, interval running, sprints, etc.
Tabata Stopwatch Pro is a universal (both iPhone and iPad) feature packed interval timer for people who follow the Tabata training method. The main thing the Tabata app will aid you with is automating your exercise, rest, cooldown and other intervals. As simple as this sounds, it has a profound effect on your workout. You will be able to concentrate much better, won’t have to constantly count and honestly the whole workout just goes by faster. Try it with your Tabata, HIIT, kettlebells, bodyweight exercises, interval running, sprints, and other workouts.
Designed with both beginners and advanced users in mind Tabata Stopwatch Pro comes ready to use with basic Tabata already set up for you. As you gain more experience you can customize all intervals to match your pace. You may even create and store your own interval presets to quickly change to different workouts.
Tabata Stopwatch Pro is loaded with beeps that help identify what part of a workout you are in, interval beeps for example tell you when a new interval has started. Tabata Stopwatch Pro also has voice support that announces intervals to further help you focus on your workout. Oh and what would an exercise app be without music, select your favorite tracks from your iPod and blast through that workout.
The Apple Health app is supported and the Tabata app will write your Tabata workout times, calorie burned estimates and heart rates (needs a chest strap heart rate monitor and Pro purchase) after each workout.
By far the best app for Tabata training available for your iPhone and iPad, Tabata Stopwatch Pro includes:
+ Pro grade Tabata timer.
+ Ready to use out of the box. Classic Tabata already set up for you.
+ Simple to use, just push play.
+ Works on both iPhone and iPad.
+ Comes with 2 beautiful themes.
+ Color coded display visible from afar. Colors represent the amount of energy you are using in an interval.
+ Customize initial countdown and warmup time.
+ Customize exercise, rest, recovery and cooldown intervals.
+ Adjust the number of sets and cycles to match your pace.
+ Jump between intervals in the middle of a workout as needed.
+ Build presets to support your multiple interval training needs (Pro purchase needed).
+ Pause your workouts if needed.
+ Works with the screen locked and in your pocket.
+ Interval beeps for each individual interval. Need a separate beep to mark when it’s time to rest, no problem.
+ Interval vibration.
+ Continuous beeps.
+ Three second beeps.
+ Halfway beeps.
+ Voice assist so that you focus on your workout and not the screen.
+ Workout to music from your iPod.
+ Set music to pause to hear beeps and voice assist clearly.
+ Shuffle tracks or albums to suit your taste and workout.
+ Apple Health support.
Some features of the app require a paid Pro Features In App Purchase. These include working in the background, no ads, access to announcement settings, the ability to use chest strap heart rate monitors and more sounds. You can find out more about these by clicking on the GET PRO button in the app settings on the top right.
This IS the best app in it’s class, just have a look at the reviews.
Exercising can be extremely stressful for the body, please consult your doctor, trainer or coach before using this app. This app does not aim to teach, coach or guide you with fitness, exercises or working out. It is a utility for people (adults only) who already know what they are doing and why. Further, calculations for workout times, calories burned and heart rates when working out are only approximations and should not be used for any medical purposes.”