If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Learning Hebrew to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Learning Hebrew that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Learning Hebrew, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Learning Hebrew
1. Duolingo – Language Lessons
“Learn a new language with the world’s most-downloaded education app! Duolingo is the fun, free app for learning 35+ languages through quick, bite-sized lessons. Practice speaking, reading, listening, and writing to build your vocabulary and grammar skills.
Designed by language experts and loved by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, Duolingo helps you prepare for real conversations in Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, German, English, and more.
Whether you’re learning a language for travel, school, career, family and friends, or your brain health, you’ll love learning with Duolingo.
• Duolingo is fun and effective. Game-like lessons and fun characters help you build solid speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills.
• Duolingo works. Designed by language experts, Duolingo has a science-based teaching methodology proven to foster long-term language retention.
• Track your progress. Work toward your language learning goals with playful rewards and achievements when you make practicing a daily habit!
• Join the community. With 300+ million learners worldwide, you’re part of a language community on Duolingo.
• Every language course is free. Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Hebrew, Welsh, Arabic, Latin, Hawaiian, Scottish Gaelic, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, English, and even High Valyrian!
What the world is saying about Duolingo:
“Far and away the best language-learning app.” —The Wall Street Journal
“This free app and website is among the most effective language-learning methods I’ve tried… lessons come in the form of brief challenges — speaking, translating, answering multiple-choice questions — that keep me coming back for more.” —The New York Times
“Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education.” — TIME Magazine
“…Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun…” — Forbes
If you like Duolingo, try Duolingo Plus for 7 days free! Learn a language fast with no ads, and get fun perks like Mastery Quiz to measure how much you’ve learned and downloadable courses for learning wherever you go!
If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.duolingo.com/terms”
2. Hebrew by Nemo
“Turn your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into your FAVORITE teacher of Hebrew.
◆ The most essential words and phrases of the language, each with native speaker audio.
◆ Master your accent with the Speech Studio. Simply record yourself saying a phrase and then hear your voice next to the teacher’s. You’ll be AMAZED how quickly your foreign accent melts away.
◆ All audio is downloaded to the device and accessible even in airplane mode or without expensive international roaming fees.
◆ Nemo is NOT BUILT AROUND LESSONS at all. It is meant to be picked up and put down throughout the day, whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
◆ Builds a foundation of Hebrew empowering you to speak CONFIDENTLY in EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS.
◆ NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of Hebrew required.
Nemo® is specially DESIGNED to tap the remarkable power of your mobile device, and your brain, to their fullest.
PERSONALIZED FOR YOU
Nemo is your personal trainer, tracking your PROGRESS across every single word and phrase.
◆ Practice Hebrew the way you’ll use it. Nemo is fully customizable.
◆ Nemo immerses you in the sounds of Hebrew so you naturally speak with ease.
◆ Dive into WHAT YOU WANT to learn at any time.
◆ You control which words to practice – skip words you don’t want to learn or already know.
◆ Turn on Review Mode to study what you practiced earlier in the day to BOOST your memory retention.
◆ Hear English descriptions of all words, in a flashcard format.
◆ Quiz your mastery of the vocabulary.
◆ Nemo introduces words to you progressively to develop familiarity and reviews them at the right moment so they enter your LONG TERM MEMORY.
TARGET THE MOST COMMON WORDS
Maximize your time investment by targeting the most basic and high frequency words of the language.
Upgrade to the complete version to:
◆ Get off the beaten path or find comfort with DIRECTIONS, TRAVEL and HOTEL phrases.
◆ Decode menus with the most common FOOD words.
◆ Shop and find bargains like an insider with must-know SHOPPING phrases.
◆ Learn words useful for your time in israel.
◆ Build your proficiency with the most important verbs and SENTENCE BUILDING BLOCKS in Hebrew.
◆ Spark new friendships with COMPLIMENTS and CONVERSATION STARTERS.
Use your new skills to make friends, impress old friends, bring smiles to children, get out of jams, experience new things, speak confidently, and make your travel and cultural experience more rich and fulfilling.
Download this FREE app now!”
3. Learn Hebrew – Free WordPower
Let’s face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That’s why we developed WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary Free for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There’s absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Hebrew just because you’re light on time. With WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary Free, you’ll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary Free, you’ll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Hebrew language right on your iOS device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Hebrew phrases. Learn Hebrew with audio recordings of a native Hebrew speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used Hebrew words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary Free also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert.
What makes WordPower so effective? It’s Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary Free FEATURES:
– Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
– New! Level 1 Basic Word List (approximately 200 words): Now you get more than just 1 word a day
– Support for iOS 6 and 4″ Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch- Hebrew Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Israel. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
– Essential Hebrew vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class, gender, alef-beit and romanization
– Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
– Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Hebrew language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Hebrew learning tips, information and material
– Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
– Custom Flashcard Settings: You’re in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
– Listening Practice: Hear each word’s proper pronunciation by a native speaker
– Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker’s with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
– Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
– Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Hebrew
– Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
– Word View Options: Romanization can be turned on and off
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Hebrew Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!”
4. Learn Hebrew language by Drops
“Drops makes language learning an effortless fun. Practical vocabulary is bound to your memories through beautiful graphics and quick mini-games.
The crazy part? You have only 5 mins per day to learn Korean. Might sound insane but works like charm! 🙂
These are the ingredients of the secret sauce:
100% illustrated: Pictures directly carry the meaning – you don’t have to use your native language at all! No intermediary. Faster, more effective and of course more fun for Korean learning process! 🙂
5 min sessions: limiting practice time sounds crazy but it it makes it incredibly addictive – which is cool thing for learning. The barrier of entry is close to zero so you can’t have any excuses: you’ll have 5 minutes even on the busiest day!
Effortless play: We know why games are fun and addictive and distilled the essence into Drops. The result is a truly immersive experience but it’s not waste of your time while you play because you build a valuable knowledge.
Quick: Keyboard typing is painfully slow. Welcome rapid swipes and taps! Especially for Korean vowels, and consonants.Trust us, you’ll need those extra seconds during the quick learning session 😉
Vocabulary only: Zero grammar, just handpicked practical words. That’s our focus and we do it extremely well. The app teaches the Korean “alphabet” Hangul (hangoul) too!
Forge a habit: Drops wants to make you language learning addict. Effectiveness is nothing without a well established habit. We help you build one!
We are extremely proud of our lovely word pronunciations by seasoned voice talents!
Drops is free for casual learners: more than 2700 words in 150+ topics are all available for everyone. Hardcore language learners can subscribe for premium to progress faster with unlimited Korean language learning time.
Our goal is to empower people of the world via language knowledge by providing a special tool that utilizes the universal language we all speak: pictures.
Keep tuned as even more languages are in the works!
Length of subscriptions:
– 1 Month
– 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
– 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
– 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Learn Hebrew Pod
“• Speaking Hebrew – Our conversational course, built around stories from the daily lives of our Israeli teachers
• Reading Hebrew – From the alphabet… to whole texts
• Jewish Prayers: Reading & Understanding – Learn to read prayers from the Jewish Siddur
Out of love for the Hebrew language, we gathered together professional Hebrew teachers and Jewish educators, leading Israeli actors and the best web developers, all to create one comprehensive place to serve all your Hebrew learning needs.”