If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Light Meter to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Light Meter that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Light Meter, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Light Meter
1. Lux Light Meter Pro
Using multiple device sensor inputs, this small, convenient app collects light intensity data at the click of a button. It is indispensable when using a manual or film camera, without the need for expensive instruments that often cost hundreds of dollars. Great for setting up your greenhouse light settings, avoiding workplace lighting induced eye strain, or checking if your desk or craft station needs a bit more light.
– Realtime measurements
– One-time measurement
– Average and Max values
– Front and rear cam
– Lux and Foot candle measurements
Please note that Light Meter app is not a replacement for a professional device and should be used for private purposes only.
Have any questions or suggestions? Write to us: email@example.com
2. myLightMeter PRO
• Extended sensitivity as low as -2/-4EV (dark scenes)
• Two different convenient interface designs.
• Incident and reflected light metering modes.
• Save exposure data.
• f/Tools connection.
• Independent calibration for the two metering modes.
• Independent selection of aperture, speed, ISO and exposure compensation with 1/3 resolution. From 4 minutes to 1/8000 sec., aperture from 1.0 to 512 and iso from 3 to 6400.
• Automatic priority for aperture or speed. (Automatic Av and Tv modes).
• Automatic ISO or locked ISO options.
• Point metering and zoomed camera view.
• Maximum aperture limited by the selected lens.
• Calculate the average of any number of measurements you want.
• Read the exposure data of any photo from the gallery.
• Calculate hyperfocal distance for 5 memorized lenses. Which also blocks maximum aperture.
• Memory for 5 lenses with maximum aperture, focal length and film/sensor size for calculating hyperfocal distance and aperture.
• Hyperfocal distance also for infrared light. (IR button)
• Exposure value EV on an analog scale or right up front.
• Two LED indicators show whether the measurement is unreliable due to lack of light in the scene, or if we have under 30% battery left.
• On 3.5 ” displays preset lens buttons tilting the device or tapping at the bottom.
• Be advised that accurate incident light reading needs a diffuser attached to the front camera. Without the diffuser still can be used but think about it, it will be a reflected reading taken with the front camera.
I’m an independent photographer/designer/developer and am very grateful for your support. Trying to do the best lightmeter app ever, a lot more to come. You can ask for any improvement and I’ll be happy to help. This app is constantly reviewed and improved because it is my tool, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Photo Light & Exposure Meter
It will help you understand how to take pictures correctly and allow you to experiment with the settings in real time.
Nothing extra. Large and comfortable controls. And everything is in full view.
– Selection of optimal shooting values in real time
– Ability to change and fix individual values such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO, while the rest (not fixed) will also be selected in real time.
– Ability to take a preliminary picture and play with its settings. Let’s say to see how everything would be if the diaphragm changed.
– Ability to save a snapshot with all parameters including geolocation.
– Measurement of color temperature in real time
– Plotting histograms in real time
– An indispensable tool for the photographer.
For all questions, write to email@example.com or write to us directly from the application!
4. Photone – Grow Light Meter
Setting up your plants’ optimal lighting is not easy, if not impossible without a proper PAR / PPFD plant light meter. Calculating your indoor garden’s daily light integral (DLI) to match your plants’ needs allows you to optimize your lighting for maximal yield at minimal electricity consumption.
Our Photone grow light meter app measures photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) as PPFD in µmol/m²/s, calculates the daily light integral (DLI) in mol/m²/d, and measures illuminance in foot-candles or Lux. It also allows you to measure light temperature in Kelvin which can help you determine if a light is suitable for fruiting and flowering or for vegetative growth.
Photone is by far the most accurate light meter app for plants and achieves industrial grade accuracy that easily compares to dedicated and very expensive quantum PAR sensors. You can learn more on how we achieve ±5% accuracy compared to research grade laboratory equipment and how to achieve maximum accuracy by yourself in our white paper: https://growlightmeter.com/whitepaper/
The Photone app also contains useful guiding articles to help you get the most out of your plant lighting. In addition, you can find more informative and educational content on our blog: https://growlightmeter.com/blog/
Wondering how much light your plants need? The plant lighting calculator on our website helps you to dial in your lighting to your specific plants’ needs: https://growlightmeter.com/calculator/
To receive an accurate PAR and thus DLI measurement, you need to select the correct light source that you are measuring. Some common light sources are already available for free while others may need to be purchased additionally. In this way, we are able to fund our development efforts and offer the most accurate light meter app out there without annoying adds.
Our Photone Pro subscription enables you to access all supported light sources, measure light color temperature in kelvin, additional pro features, access additional resources for better results in plant growth, and receive our premium support – and there’s even more to come in the future!
The subscription is auto-renewable and automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the price listed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions made on iOS devices can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings for your Apple ID after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. But no need to worry, you may cancel at any time.
You can find our terms of service on our website: https://growlightmeter.com/terms/
As a proud member of 1% for the Planet we are donating at least one percent of all our revenue to environmental nonprofit organizations. With everything that you purchase from us, you will be giving back!”