If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Listening To Audiobooks to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Listening To Audiobooks that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Listening To Audiobooks, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Listening To Audiobooks
1. Apple Books
“Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks right on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. You’ll find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors, and more — all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, comics, and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts, and find new releases, limited-time offers, and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors, and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favorite audiobooks on your next hike, run, or exercise session, right from your wrist.
• Customize your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colors. Use Auto-Night Theme and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes. Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of flipping pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Family Sharing makes it easy for you and up to five family members to share your books and audiobooks purchases.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free. Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.”
2. Audible: Audiobooks & Podcasts
New to the Audible app: You can now use your credits in the app. Find your next listen in the Audible app and use your credits to add titles to your library. Listening just got even easier.
Stories that speak to you
That book you’ve been meaning to read? Try downloading it as an audiobook. All the best sellers are here, as well as classics, non-fiction and much more, performed by the world’s finest actors and performers.
You can tick off your to-read list and discover endless podcasts and Audible Originals without adding to your already busy schedule. Just listen while commuting, driving, running or just about anywhere else.
Thousands of titles
With an incredible selection of audiobooks, podcasts and Audible Originals, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for. There are best-sellers such as The Midnight Library, A Promised Land, Shadow and Bone, Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes, as well as a wide range of popular genres, like:
• Crime and thriller
• Science fiction
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Kids’ books
• Religion and spirituality, and more
Listen any time, anywhere.
Audible is the one app you need to enjoy audiobooks, podcasts, and original series. Listen instantly to as many titles as you want from thousands of choices in the Plus Catalogue.
Need more? Build your own library of audiobooks with monthly credits and unlock member-only deals of up to 80% off. It’s all at Audible.
• Your library automatically syncs across all your devices
• Browse and buy any title, using your credits
• Skip ahead or back by 30 seconds and navigate through chapters
• Use the sleep timer to for bedtime stories until you drift off
• Speed up or slow down the narration to suit you
• Try samples for free, to see if a story is for you
Frequently Asked Questions
• What does the Audible app do?
Audible lets you listen to great audiobooks. The combination of an incredible performers, plus the ability to listen while you multi-task make Audible indispensable for any book lover.
• What’s the difference between Audible and an ebook reader?
Instead of reading a book or ebook yourself, Audible enables you to listen to a story that’s professionally performed for you while you carry on with your day.
• Does Audible have audiobooks for kids?
Yes, Audible has loads of great content for babies, kids, tweens and young adults. Perfect for long car journeys or bedtime.
• Can I download my audiobooks?
Your library is kept in the cloud, so whatever device you’re on, you’ll always have your books ready to go. When you want to listen, tap on the book and it will begin downloading to your device.
If you subscribe to Audible via iTunes where available, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and your membership will automatically renew monthly unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the then current membership period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of each membership period at the rate of your selected plan. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal anytime by going to My Account or through iTunes. See Audible Conditions of use at https://www.audible.com/legal/conditions-of-use for terms applicable to your use of Audible.”
– Using AirDrop from your Mac or iOS device
– From Files and other apps on your device
– Via File Sharing in iTunes on your Mac or PC
– Zip files with your folders and books
– Maintain and see progress of your books
– Mark books as finished
– Drag & Drop to sort your library
– Create playlists
– Automatically play items in turn
– Play the first unfinished file by tapping on the playlist artwork
– Move files to playlists from the library or import them directly
– Control audio playback from the lock screen, control center or from the companion app on the Apple Watch
– Play and navigate books with Chapters
– Jump to start of the current book
– Change playback speed
– Smart rewind
– Volume Boost
– Support for remote events from headset buttons and the lock screen
– Sleep timer with adjustable duration
– CarPlay support
– VoiceOver support
– Dark mode for night owls
BookPlayer is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0. The source code and a list of all its contributors can be found on the GitHub page of this project at www.github.com/TortugaPower/BookPlayer
For help and ways to contribute to the project see the support section in the Settings screen of BookPlayer or visit www.bookplayer.app
If you enjoy BookPlayer, we would be glad if you consider writing a review.”
4. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
5. MP3 Audiobook Player
“MP3 Audiobook Player is a convenient app for listening MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, AAC, WMA, M4B, M4A format books for any Apple mobile devices. No need to waste your time for books converting anymore!
NOTE: The app is only a tool for listening – NO audiobooks are included!
There are a lot of sources for finding good audiobooks dubbed both by amateur enthusiasts and professionals, many of them are offered as some audio files which are not supported by your favorite Apple gadget whether it is iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
This cool app solves this problem and makes your Apple gadget a convenient mp3 player here and now.
You also love to listen to different books when walking, running, sitting in transport etc., but it’s always irritating to convert audiobooks to those formats your gadget supports? You don’t have to do it anymore – MP3 Audiobook Player Free saves your time and effort for something more pleasant.
Useful features of the app:
• Supporting MP3, MP4, OPUS, OGG, FLAC, AWB, AAC, WMA, M4B, M4A files (without DRM protection).
• Possibility to adjust playback speed (0.5x – 3.0x).
• 8-bands parametric EQ
• The book cover can be loaded both from an image file in the folder of the book and from an embedded image of an audio file.
• Playing the book from the place, you previously stopped at.
• Supports CarPlay and integrations with over 50 other car models from Ford, GM, Mazda, BMW, Jaguar, Landrover and many more
• Detailed stats
• Sleep timer deactivation by shaking the gadget
• Supporting remote control from Apple and compatible headphones
• Connection to Apple Watch.
• Choosing playback position from the Control Center and Lock Screen.
• Convenient sleep timer with adjustable periods, optional sleep when the current chapter is over.
• Adding/removal files from the audible player by means of iTunes, computer via Wi-Fi.
• Support WebDav for adding audiobooks directly from Explorer on PC or from Finder on MacOS
Why prefer PRO version of the app:
• Audiobook duration is unlimited
• No irritating ads while reading
Enjoying MP3 Audiobook Player? Please consider taking a brief moment to rate us on the App Store!”