If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Magic The Gathering to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Magic The Gathering that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Magic The Gathering, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone App For Magic The Gathering
1. Card Binder: MTG Manager
“The ultimate Magic The Gathering app.
Quickly scan and save all your cards into your Binder collection, check each card price in real-time. You will be able to see a lot of details for each card: legality, all the card editions, first appearance date, and more!
– Build your collection quickly scanning all your cards.
– Explore card details including the legality, price, editions, and much more.
– Build amazing decks with support for sideboard and maybeboard.
– All content is live and automatically updated.
– Collection stored and shared between all your IOS devices.
– Search for any card, even if it is not in your collection.
– Get to know more cards using the explore tab. It will show random cards to you.
– No adds, forever.
– Dark mode support.
– Export and share your collection using .csv files.
If you have any question or feedback we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com”
2. CardCastle MTG
Quickly and effortlessly create a digital inventory of your Magic: The Gathering cards with the CardCastle app. Browse your collection, get real-time prices and build decks on the CardCastle web platform.
• Use your camera to scan cards into your CardCastle collection
• Check real-time prices of cards with a simple scan
• Browse and edit your CardCastle collection”
3. Magic: The Gathering Arena
YOUR GATEWAY TO MAGIC
You know the name. Now download and play the original strategy card game on your phone. Unlock powerful decks right away, earn rewards just by playing, and jump into action with a variety of game formats for players of all skill levels. There’s never been a better time to get into Magic.
Magic: The Gathering Arena supports iPhone 8 (all models), iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max, iPhone 11 (all models), iPhone 12 (all models), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad (8th Generation), iPad Air (3rd and 4th Generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (1st and 2nd Generation), iPad Pro 12-inch (3rd and 4th Generation) – and newer devices.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
New to Magic? No problem. Play the tutorial and practice against AI to learn the basics. Queue into casual matches to sharpen your skills at your own pace.
CONTEND RIGHT AWAY
Unlock 15 unique decks and discover your own playstyle. Collect daily rewards to grow your collection and build powerful decks of your own.
PLAY WITH PERSONALITY
Tell a story with your deck through Magic’s immersive lore and vibrant card art. Show off eye-popping cosmetics like avatars, card sleeves, and pets.
MORE WAYS TO HAVE FUN
Try out multiple game modes like Draft and Brawl. Special in-game events offer exciting prizes, and you could even be the next Magic pro with Esports qualifiers!
All prices inclusive of VAT.
4. Magic: The Gathering Companion
“Introducing the official Magic: The Gathering Companion App, the quickest way to participate in events at your store – Show up. Magic Companion does the rest.
– Built in Life Counter
– The Official Magic App for Store Events
– Get Event Pairs & Standings
– Create & Run Personal Events at Home
JOIN EVENTS AT YOUR STORE
Quickly and easily join limited and constructed events at participating local stores. With Magic Companion you can easily find your next match and be notified when a new round begins.
How to participate in an event with Magic Companion:
1. Attend an event at participating local stores. Find one at locator.wizards.com
2. Open Magic Companion and select JOIN EVENT
3. Enter the Event Code provided by your local store.
4. Find your first matchup and get playing!
TRACK YOUR PLAY
Tracking event play is now easier for stores and easier for you. Check event standings, get notifications on new rounds, report your match results automatically, and use a built-in life counter to chart you play.
CARD DATABASE WITH 17,000+ CARDS
Browse cards from Magic’s entire history and search for the perfect addition to your deck. Keep up with the latest card previews and updated rulings on existing cards.
RUN YOUR OWN EVENTS FROM ANYWHERE
Stage tournaments for up to 8 friends in the Home Tournament Organizer. Add in their names, then let the app track pairing and standings.
Magic Companion is in active development and will continue to release new features. We value your feedback!
Note: A Wizards Account is required for in-store events, running events of more than 8 players at home, and unlocking advanced event setting at home.”
5. MTG Guide
“MTG Guide gives you access to the latest Magic card text, card-specific FAQs/rulings and the complete Comprehensive Rules, Magic Tournament Rules and Infraction Procedure Guide, all in an easy-to-read, searchable format.
• Card text and FAQs/rulings for all Magic expansions.
• Current text of all existing Magic cards, including tokens, Planechase, Archenemy and Vanguard cards.
• App can be used completely offline (except for card images).
• Download database updates for new sets and rules document changes from within the app.
• Browse or search for cards from individual MTG expansions.
• Card-specific FAQ entries (rulings) for cards are displayed, where available. Includes all rulings available in Gatherer.
• All printings for cards (including promos) are displayed with expansion, rarity, and collector number. Tapping these expands to show card images, non-foil and foil prices from TCGplayer.com, and a link to the Gatherer page.
• Legality information is included for all cards for the Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage and Commander formats.
• Quickly and easily search for particular cards by title, card #, full card text or rulings text.
• Complete text of the Comprehensive Rules, Magic Tournament Rules and Infraction Procedure Guide in an easily browsable and searchable format.
• Search the rules documents and instantly find and browse all the matching sections, rules and sub-rules for your query.
• View related rules (e.g. “See also rule 204.3h.”) by tapping on them.
• Decklist counter.
• Supports Dynamic Type for altering text size.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad.
• Supports iPad multitasking on compatible devices.
This app has been carefully designed to be simple and fast to use.
If you have any suggestions for improvements, please suggest them via twitter (@MTGApps) or the website – http://www.mtgapps.com/
This app is not produced or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.”
6. MTG Scanner – Dragon Shield
“Dragon Shield – MTG Card Manager makes it easy to check prices for trades, track your MTG collection’s value and stats, build decks, instantly translate foreign-language cards and find oracle-text and rulings. Manage your cardboard treasures like a Dragon!
– Instantly scan cards in any language
– Real-time translation of foreign-language cards
– Check daily prices from TCGPlayer.com, CardMarket, CardKingdom and MTGMintCard.com
– Find card price charts for the last 30 days
– Find format legality and oracle text and official rulings
MANAGE YOUR COLLECTION FOR FREE
– Organize your cards into folders
– Add custom folder images
– Check folder price valuation and win/loss ratio over time
– Export cards to .csv or text document
Sort your cards using multiple filters
– Get folder statistics (Mana Cost, Card Color, etc.)
CREATE UNLIMITED DECKS
– Create your favorite decks
– Add your sideboard
– Add cards directly from Inventory
– Export decks to .csv or text document
– Get deck statistics (Mana Cost, Card Color, etc.)
– Compare trade value between two players
– See who’s winning or losing the trade and by which amount
TOP WINNERS AND LOSERS
– See what cards went up or down in value
– Filter by date and format
– See the top card winners and losers within your collection
WEEKLY EMAILS WITH COLLECTION STATS
– Get weekly emails with your collection statistics
Magic: the Gathering™ is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This app is unaffiliated. ”
7. The Little Helper: for Magic the gathering MTG
“Countica for Magic the gathering is the best magic life counter on the app store.
Supports 2-10 player MTG games, multicolor decks & EDH. Keeps history log,
player stats & multiple counters (life, poison, EDH commander and others).
Download now for the best MTG scorekeeping solution for your games – finally!
Finally and easy and slick solution to track MTG scores for multiplayer games including multiple counters and commander damage for EDH mode. See who’s the best player in your group with player stats and history log.
– Up to 10 players in a game (With in-app upgrade or Pro Version)
– Multi color deck selection
– EDH commander damage counter
– Elaborate Statistics and history log for all players
– Poison and secondary counter
– Timed games
– Dice and coin
– Supports iPhones, iPods and iPads
– 5 colors application themes
More features (upgrade to Pro):
– Ads free
– Up to 10 players in a game
– Emperor 3X3 and 5X5 games
– 5 player “Colors” game
– Unlimited personal editable player list
– Timed games – timed per player
– Unlimited card search”
“TopDecked is the essential Magic app for brewers, collectors, traders, competitors, and fans. Simulate decks on a virtual battlefield, test new ideas, and keep up with the latest decks and strategies. Run tournaments at home. We’re on your side of the battlefield – your portal for everything MTG.
Basic accounts are free to use, forever (Power-ups available.) — Your account syncs between devices, including our website.
– Easy to use intuitive design, with legality checking for popular formats.
– Support for Commander, Oathbreaker, Brawl, and more.
– Cloud sync, share to friends or social networks.
– Deck charts help analyze CMC, colors, and mana curve.
– Move cards between main, sideboard, and maybe board.
– Quickly share, print, or send official DCI deck-sheets.
– Import, share, and export MTG Arena, MTGO, .dec, and text deck-lists
– See missing cards and cost to complete or buy decks.
– Tag, archive, and color code decks in your account
– Drag, drop and test on the go.
– Test on a real battlefield.
– Swipe between your hand, library and other zones.
– Tap to select and drag, or double-tap for menus.
– Quickly start games for up to 6 people
– Swipe open or closed to access the app in-game
CARDS & PRICES
– Advanced search – Quickly find any card, any types, any printing, any artist, any colors (and more filters available).
– Daily and weekly trends – for each set and printing (including promos!)
– Simple and fast card search, with images, text and rulings.
– Always up to date with latest sets and special products.
– Track the value of your cards with intuitive haves and wants lists.
– Quickly add and remove cards of any set or printing.
– Cloud sync, always available in app or website.
ARTICLES & METAGAME
– Read the latest articles – always up to date.
– Browse local and national top-8 tournament results and deck lists.
– See a breakdown of the top cards & decks, by format.
– Up to date cards and prices.
– Select set, foil, and/or custom price by condition.
– Updates your collection at the push of a button.
– Run tournaments at home or on the go
– Set custom rounds, see standings & stats
– Automatically receive pairings & tables numbers at Grand Prix, Premier, and participating events when you enter your name & DCI number.
– Upgraded accounts (Spark, Powered, and Elite) are available for sale as Monthly or Yearly Subscriptions. Upgrades increase the features and storage capacity beyond basic free services – see “Power up” screen in-app for more details on individual features.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You can switch between plans at any time — you’ll only pay the prorated difference in plan price, if any.
– Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions renew at the same price at which they were purchased.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
– Your subscription may be managed by visiting your “Account” -> “Power level” screen after purchase, or via iTunes. If you cancel your TopDecked subscriptions, you will retain access your purchased items through the current period’s expiry date.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. © 1995-2021 Wizards. All rights reserved. TopDecked, LLC. is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC.”