If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Measuring Noise to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Measuring Noise that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Measuring Noise, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best iPhone App For Measuring Noise
1. Decibel : dB sound level meter
The world is a noisy place: cars, power tools, crowds, machinery, and other common sources produce amounts of noise that can, with continued exposure, lead to permanent hearing loss. Sound level meters are useful for anyone who wants to avoid exposing their ears to harmful noise levels, but who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on one?
dB Meter is free app which provides professional-quality measurement results, calibrated using an actual Nor140 high-precision decibel meter. With dB Meter, you can measure ambient noise levels, save your measurements and their locations, and share your measurements with others. dB Meter couples utility with stylish design and a polished user experience: a powerful tool in a sleek package, and at a tiny fraction of the cost of professional sound level meters.
(Please note that dB Meter Pro app is not a replacement for professional devices and should be used for personal purposes only.)
“The best way to meter sound levels” – AppAdvice
● Health App integration. Export measured noise levels and audiogram directly to Health app.
● Noise dosimeter will help you understand how noisy it is at home and at your workplace. In the event your daily permissible dose of noise is exceeded, use Noise-absorbing headsets or Earplugs.
● Enables you to overlay the ambient noise level onto photos and videos and to export the results.
● Saves location data for each measurement.
● Save measurements with custom names and rename existing measurements.
● Export measurements in CSV or Audio format.
● Allows you to save, export and play back recorded measurements.
● Highly accurate measurements.
● Integrated Fully Functional Spectrum Analyzer
● Octave Band Real Time Analyzer
● FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform)
● Linear and logarithm scales
● Up to 16384 FFT size
● A lot of available window functions
● Tracking for max value
● Max and Min for any selected frequency
● Stunned graphics
You can enable or disable noise levels data exporting to Health app in dB Meter Pro app settings.
Have any questions or suggestions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
App offers an optional monthly and annual subscriptions:
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless autorenew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal in accordance with your plan, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings any time after purchase. Please note, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when making a purchase of an auto-renewing subscription.
By downloading and using the app you are agreeing with
150-160 dB = Eardrum rupture
140 decibel = Aircraft carrier deck.
130 dB = Jet take-off (100 meters), gun blast at close range.
120 dB= Human pain threshold, loud rock concert.
110 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 1 hour.
100 dB = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
90 decibel = Likely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
80 decibel = Potential but unlikely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
70 dB = Just annoying, but probably safe.
60 dB= Typical conversational volume.
50 dB = A quiet, library conversation.
40 decibel = A whisper.
30 dB= Barely audible sound.
20 decibel= Threshold of human hearing.”
2. Decibel X:dB Sound Level Meter
“”Decibel X” is the leading noise meter app on the market, which has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. Our success lies at the intersection of expertise in sound communication, listening to our dear users, and our vision to build a great product. Our app turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. While this pro tool mainly aids audio experts or workers prone to noise pollution, it can also add more fun and protect your hearing. Have you ever wondered how quiet your surroundings are or how loud is a rock concert or football match? “Decibel X” will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
– Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
– Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
– Health App integration: export noise levels directly into Health app.
– Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
– Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
– Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
– FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
– WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
– InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
– Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
– Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
– Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
– Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
– Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
– Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
– HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
– Real time scale level chart
– Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
– Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
– “Keep Device Stay Awake” option for long duration recording
– Reset and clear current recording at any time
– Tap on Max value to reset at any time
– Pause/Resume the tool at any time
– Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
– Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* EULA: http://www.skypaw.com/decibelx/terms.html”
3. NIOSH Sound Level Meter
“This award-winning app combines the best features of professional sound level meters and noise dosimeters into a simple, easy-to-use package.
– Developed by experienced acoustics engineers and hearing loss experts.
– Completely FREE – No ads, no limited features, and no in-app purchases.
– Tested and validated (accuracy ± 2 dBA) according to standards in a reverberant chamber at NIOSH acoustics lab – the only proper method to validate accuracy.
– Trusted source and world-class expertise in noise and hearing research.
– Meets Type 2 requirements of IEC 61672:3 SLM standard when used w/ external microphone.*
– Provides the most relevant metrics found in professional sound instruments today. Averages such as LAeq and TWA, Max and Peak Levels, Noise Dose and Projected Dose according to NIOSH and OSHA standards, and all three major weighting networks (A, C, and Z).
– Capability to calibrate either internal or external microphone. Reporting and Sharing data.
– Up-to-date informational screens on what noises are considered hazardous, how to conduct a noise measurement, how to properly select a hearing protector, and guidelines for preventing hearing loss, all at the palm of your hand.
– Excellent and timely support from NIOSH hearing experts.
– Support for Apple’s Health (Hearing) app.
* Celestina M, Hrovat J, Kardous CA . Smartphone-based sound level measurement apps: Evaluation of compliance with international sound level meter standards. Applied Acoustics, 139:119-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2018.04.011
More resources (including instructional videos and a user manual), a science blog, FAQ, and information about how to interpret results can be found on the NIOSH SLM website https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/app.html”