If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For New Jersey Transit to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For New Jersey Transit that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For New Jersey Transit, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For New Jersey Transit
1. NJ Rails
Travel companion for the New Jersey Transit Rail System.
* No Internet connection required!
* Live Track and Train Status
* Find station near you.
* Clickable New Jersey Transit Map
* Transfer Time Option
* All New Jersey Transit train lines supported.
* Path included.
* Supports One Transfer
* Today Widget that shows the status of a selected train # from a certain station
2. NJ TRANSIT Mobile App
“Using the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, it’s easier than ever to travel throughout New Jersey to New York and Philadelphia. NJ TRANSIT information is conveniently available to you. Buy and display passes or tickets securely and get transit options on your mobile device.
•MyTix® mobile ticketing
•My Transit Alert notifications; real time rail and bus arrival/departure information
•Trip planning for rail, bus and light rail service
•MyTix – Buy and display your pass or ticket securely on your mobile device
•Rider Tools – Manage My Transit alerts for push notifications, check service advisories and plan trips.
•My Transit Alerts – Receive push notifications of NJ TRANSIT Rail, Bus & Light Rail travel alerts
•Trip Planner – Receive suggested options for travel to your destination
•Schedules – Make travel plans using quick station-to-station schedule for rail, bus & light rail
•DepartureVision® – Get real time train status for your selected station
•MyBus® – View bus arrivals for your stop
•Contact Us – Provide feedback on your travel experience”
3. NJT Access Link
Make, pay for, monitor and cancel your Access Link rides all on the mobile app.
Information and Reservations available at your fingertips.”
4. “onTime : NJT, Light Rail, Bus”
“Get the next NJT train schedule in a New York Minute. onTime is fast and easy to use. It is designed with commuters in mind. With onTime : NJT, you can look up the NJT schedule anytime anywhere without having to carry and dig through paper schedules. Know exactly the next train with the count down clock. Be on time and be environmental friendly at the same time.
– Intuitive user interface
– Count down to the next train
– Holiday and Holiday eve schedules
– Weekdays and Weekends
– Latest schedule
– Trip duration
– $4.99 USD (or equivalent) per year and may vary from country to country.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Term Of Service:
* Note: onTime App uses transit agencies’ schedule data but it is not affiliated with any of the agencies.”
5. Transit • Subway & Bus Times
“”Gives you the best route to where you want to go” – New York Times
“You won’t realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” – LA Times
“Killer app” – WSJ
“MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it’s called Transit” – Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
“Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself.”
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com