If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Northern Lights Photos to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Northern Lights Photos that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best iPhone App For Northern Lights Photos, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best iPhone App For Northern Lights Photos
1. NightCap Camera
“NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights – ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.”
2. Northern Lights Photo Capture
“«Northern Lights Photo Capture & Forecast» is perfect app to capture the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) on your iPhone/iPad! In addition, app allow you to view the latest northern lights forecast based on your location.
There are 7 presets that you can choose from based on the brightness of the aurora lights that you’re seeing — all you have to do is tap the button that corresponds. Use the ‘1’ preset when the lights are weak; use ‘7’ when the lights are bright.
– The self-timer, which is imperative for nighttime shots, enables you to take un-blurred pictures of Northern Lights.
– Up-to-date northern Lights forecast based on your location
– 7 presets to help you take photo of Aurora
– RAW-format capture
– View up-to-date aurora forecasts
– Volume up (+) photo capture
– Burst mode (takes multiple photos at once)
Please note: that while a tripod is not required, the camera must be held steady. To keep your camera still during the long exposure you’ll need a tripod with a iPhone suitable head, something like a clamp or a car phone holder. This will ensure you do not shake the camera while it is capturing the image.”
3. Northern Lights Photo Taker
Here’s the scenario – so you see the northern lights (!! – awesome for you, by the way), but you don’t have a fancy digital camera with you. Thankfully, you have your trusty iPhone or iPad!
OK! Now what??
Do you know the tips and tricks to take photos of the northern lights ? Great, if you do! Enable manual mode; set the focus to infinity; change the temperature to a certain number; change the ISO between certain values; change the shutter speed to something else….wait what…?
Don’t worry, this app does all of that for you so all you have to do is find those lights. ISO, shutter speed, long exposure mode, temperature, check check check. There are 3 presets that you can choose from based on the brightness of the aurora lights that you’re seeing. Those don’t work? Try out custom mode until you get that ‘good-enough-for-me-to-show-to-my-friends’ snap and take as many photos as you’d like!
Worth a shot ! (hah..a…was funny when this was typed…)”