If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Photographing The Moon to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Photographing The Moon that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Photographing The Moon, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone App For Photographing The Moon
1. Ephemeris: Moon and Sun Seeker
“A must-have app for photographers to get the perfect shot. Plan ahead, visualize and predict the position of the Sun and the Moon, the Milky Way, sunrise and sunset times, golden hour, blue hour, twilight and other special moments for stunning photos.
Just decide where you need the Sun, the Moon or the Milky Way to be and the app will show you the date and time when you can take this picture.
Ephemeris is an essential photo planning tool for landscape and outdoor photographers, nature photographers, milky way and astrophotographers.
● 3D COMPASS
Determine the correct position of the Sun, the Moon and the Milky Way for any place in the world and for any date. Plan your photos with precision according to the received data. Easily determine sunrise and sunset times, the time of the golden hour, the blue hour, civil twilight, nautical twilight and astronomical twilight. Quickly check the detailed information about the objects (altitude, azimuth, shadow ratio, moon’s phases, calendar, etc.).
● AR LIVE VIEW
Predict and visualize the scene using the live augmented reality view of the objects and their movements in the sky. Check live projections of the Sun, the Moon and the Milky Way positions to predict the time they will be at a location in the sky you need for a beautiful photo.
● SUN AND MOON CALCULATOR
Calculate the best time and date to capture the Sun, the Moon and the Milky Way at a location in the sky you need or catch the desired lighting (golden hour, blue hour, twilight). Plan ahead and get the data for a month, six months or a year.
● TIME MACHINE
Choose any date and time to view the position of the Sun, the Moon and the Milky Way at that moment. Check the times of sunrise and sunset, golden hour and other moments. This is a crucial photo planner tool for both professional and novice outdoor photographers.
Come up with great photo ideas and never miss unique scenes with the app’s notifications. Be at the right place and at the right time to take your best photos.
The app offers a subscription that unlocks all features. This is an auto-renewable subscription with a 7-day free trial. At the end of each subscription duration (1 month), the subscription will automatically renew until you choose to cancel it. Subscription may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Any feedback on Ephemeris would be highly appreciated, as it helps us improve the app. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, problems, comments or suggestions.
Bring your creative ideas to life!”
2. iMoonCamera Pro
# How to use
1. Select brightness.
2. Select zoom magnification.
3. Adjust focus manually.
or Touch the moon (in case iPhone with telephoto lens)
If it doesn’t work, adjust focus manually.
4. Tap the shutter button.
# 2 modes
Easy mode : Adjust exposure by brightness slider only.
Manual mode : Adjust exposure by ISO & Shutter speed sliders.
# For good photos
If the shutter speed is slow, fix iPhone on a tripod or something.
# To take a photo of a lunar eclipse
Use a tripod and manual mode because a lunar eclipse is much darker than the full moon.”
3. MailOnline: Daily News Updates
“The MailOnline (Daily Mail) app gives you everything you’ve come to expect and love from the world’s largest English-language newspaper website, but with quick, easy and free access on your iPhone or iPad – accessible even when you’re offline.
Feed your daily addiction with stories and photos from all our top channels: US, UK & World News, Celebrity & Showbiz, Sports, Femail, Science & Tech, Health, Money, Travel, and many more! See what everyone’s talking about and download our app today.
• Over 15 channels of must-read articles and photos – that’s over 800+ original stories and 1000’s of new photos every day!
• Pre-load stories & galleries to access when you’re offline or without reception – great for commutes!
• Choose your region (US, UK, AU or Rest of World) to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
• Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user’s comments that you like or dislike.
• Filter articles on channels by Top Stories or Most Recent
• Custom Settings: Select when data and images update based on your preferred connection (3G or Wi-Fi)
• Share articles and photos via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, SMS, WhatsApp & Email
MailOnline is always looking for the best ways to deliver our exclusive news, features and celebrity stories without compromising quality for our readers. Charging a small subscription in some cases is part of that effort. In applicable cases Unlimited Daily Mail Content is available for purchase as a monthly subscription product.
The cost will be charged to your iTunes account only after confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew monthly unless the product is turned off within 24-hours of the end of your current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours of the end of the current subscription period and will identify the cost of the renewal to you.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going into the user’s account settings, after a purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see https://priv-policy.imrworldwide.com/priv/mobile/au/en/optout.html for more information.
All terms and conditions can be found at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-5975109/Terms.html.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any trouble with the app or want to suggest new features for us to add to future updates.”
4. NightCap Camera
“NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights – ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.”