If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Recording Acoustic Guitar to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Recording Acoustic Guitar that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Recording Acoustic Guitar, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Recording Acoustic Guitar
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
2. Guitarism – Pocket Guitar
“My guitarist friend had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body and left him unable to play. I fired up Guitarism and handed my iPhone to him. A minute later he was singing and playing, his wife began to tear up and the smiles filled the room. Thank you thank you thank you.” – 5 star user review from Canada
“After losing a finger in an accident, I have searched for a way to play guitar again. The first time I played with this app, I cried; I was finally playing guitar again. Thanks so much.” – 5 star user review from the United States
Time.com: “simulates the experience of strumming away on six strings”
MacLife.com: “beautiful acoustic tones”
Evolver.fm: “a virtual acoustic guitar that anyone can play”
Apps4iDevices: “Killer App”
SmiteMatter: “amazingly playable design … 5 stars!”
theiphoneappreview.com: “Fantastic sounding”
appchronicles.com: “Life-like guitar sounds”
appdictions.com: “Top notch”
“Everyone I show this to – WANTS it!” – 5 stars
“feels like a real musical instrument” – 5 stars
“can’t make it sound bad” – 5 stars
“My wife often asks me why I’m playing (guitar) in the kitchen and then realizes it’s the app” – 5 stars
“Don’t need any musical knowledge, you will gain it as you play” – 5 stars
“Mind blown” – 5 stars
Featured on MacLife’s “8 Apps for Guitar Enthusiasts” and Music App Blog’s “25 iOS music apps to get you started”
A guitar app for those who love the physical, visceral experience of playing guitar, with an online community for limitless inspiration and feedback! guitarism offers a highly tuned strumming interface integrated with spectacular guitar samples. The result of years of iteration, improvement and polish, you won’t find a better-sounding or more playable guitar app on the App Store.
– Unrivaled sound quality – people will think you’re playing a real guitar! Other guitar apps don’t compare
– The most natural interface around – literally play with your eyes closed
– A complete suite of stunning acoustic and electric guitars, a powerful electric amp, fantastic effects, beautiful skins and a diverse range of presets to give you maximum control over your tone and sound!
– Beautiful artwork from graphic artist Ryan Hemeon
– Play along with songs from your music library, and save chord presets per song
– Record and share your performances with the community and your friends
– Watch others’ performances for inspiration and download their chords
– Get feedback and stats on your published performances, and climb the charts
– Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Hold your iPad like a guitar and fret the chords!
– Integrate with your DAW via AudioCopy and export to iTunes File Sharing and Garageband
– Audiobus support! Now you can use guitarism as an Audiobus input and send live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. E.g. use Audiobus to connect guitarism to AmpKit and get live guitar effects in guitarism! See http://audiob.us for more information. Note: iPhone 4S+ / iPad 2+ required for Audiobus
– Quadroplay: simultaneously control guitarism and up to 3 additional MIDI-compatible apps (e.g. GarageBand) in complementary roles: guitar, bass and chords. Quadroplay turns guitarism into an advanced multi-channel MIDI controller
– Demo videos at www.youtube.com/rhismnation
– Rock out with guitarism today!
I am an independent developer, working hard to make guitarism the best guitar app possible. If you have any issues please email me at email@example.com – I reply to every support request!
Download guitarism now and start rocking out!”
3. LR Baggs AcousticLive
Create a Voiceprint that captures the one-of-a-kind voice of your instrument with a few simple steps
Guided by our AcousticLive™ app and proprietary impulse response technology, you can now use your iPhone like a studio in your pocket to capture a Voiceprint of your acoustic guitar. Developed with Dr. Jonathan Abel, co-founder of Universal Audio, our Voiceprint technology utilizes a sophisticated algorithm that intuitively measures your acoustic guitar by analyzing its actual timbre and playing response, then creates a customized preset for live play, as well as for direct recordings. Simply plug into the Voiceprint DI and set your iPhone into position; tap on the bridge, strum a few chords, pick some strings, and you’re done!
Deploy anti•fb feedback profiles and shape your tone with powerful EQ
As an added benefit, every Voiceprint that you create identifies your guitar’s specific resonances that are prone to feedback and creates an Anti•FB profile to easily manage feedback with one simple control on the pedal. The app also provides advanced features, such as a graphical full-parametric EQ for balancing each preset to your exact taste. These features can also be used for creating enhanced presets, even if you choose not to apply a Voiceprint.
Sync your iPhone to the Voiceprint DI and unlock all of these great features
The AcousticLive app provides the processing you need to create your presets, while the Voiceprint DI is your live performance engine. With advanced processing at 96 kHz sampling, the robust playback algorithms provide studio quality performance designed for easy control during your live show. You can manage your presets in the app and store up to 99 instruments in your Voiceprint DI. The hardware is designed with a simple layout that includes the key features you will need for a successful show, but you can connect with the app during your live performance for additional functionality and control.”
4. Spire: Music Recorder & Studio
Spire for iOS combines award-winning iZotope audio processing with multi-track recording to make importing a beat, layering vocals, collaborating with your producer, and sharing songs easier than ever. When your iPhone is your mobile vocal booth with automatic Soundcheck, recording high-quality vocals is possible anywhere.
• Import a beat and write lyrics
Get started by importing your beat. Easily write and develop your lyrics directly in the Spire app and have them front-and-center while you record.
• Automatically set your levels and tone
When you run Soundcheck in Spire before you record, it will identify voice or an instrument, set your levels, and sculpt your tone. Vocals stand out in the mix through automatically adding compression, saturation, and EQ—powered by tech from the Vocal Assistant in iZotope’s Nectar plug-in.
• Layer vocals and mix your tracks
Building a song with Spire is fast and intuitive. Easily capture lead vocals, overdubs, ad-libs, and more by just hitting record. You can edit out unwanted parts from any track with the trim tool. To mix, drag track icons up or down to adjust volume and left or right to pan.
• Collaborate with artists and producers
Text or email a Spire project to anyone from the Spire app and they can preview your song, export mixdowns, download individual tracks to edit in a DAW, or open in Spire to add tracks of their own.
• Share with your fans
If you’ve finished a song in Spire that you’re ready to show the world, you can publish your songs to SoundCloud, Instagram, and more directly from the app. Add artwork or a video to your project to make it your own before posting for your fans.
GET PRO VOCALS WITH SPIRE PRO
Enable Spire Pro and get full access to exclusive features and content that help you get pro-quality, release-ready vocals!
• Tune your vocals
Automatically tune your vocals from natural to robotic, and treat your tracks like the pros do with Tune, a new, exclusive mix effect for Spire Pro. Add this creative effect from the Mix view to shape your vocals, featuring tech from iZotope Nectar’s Pitch module.
• Pro Vocal Effects
Curated vocal effects powered by technology from iZotope Nectar. Includes the most popular effects in modern music, like vocal tuning, reverb, EQ, and more–all on your phone. Record with effects on or add them after, you can always change them.
• Inspire Me
Inspire your creativity with randomized vocal effects that combine static EQ, plate reverb, iZotope Trash distortion, echo, chorus, and more. You can even share your favorite effects with other artists to inspire more music.
• Personalized Soundcheck
When you upgrade to Spire Pro, Soundcheck evolves to become your personal vocal recording engineer. By listening to your voice and environment, it applies personalized processing to make sure your voice sounds clear and polished, no matter where you record. Whether it’s with the Spire app or Spire Studio paired with an iPhone, singers and rappers can now create pro-quality vocals over their beats in seconds.
Learn more about Spire Pro at izotope.com/spirepro
The Spire app for iOS is also the controller app for Spire Studio hardware:
Pair the app to Spire Studio hardware to create an integrated recording experience you can take on-the-go and unlock hardware exclusive effects for vocals and instruments as well as Enhance, a mastering tool powered by award-winning tech from iZotope Ozone.”
5. Voice Record Pro
“Voice Record Pro is a professional voice recorder. It allows you to record voice memos and on-site sounds at unlimited length with configurable quality.
Recorded voices are in standard AAC/MP4/M4A format. Voice Record Pro can record directly in MP4 (AAC), MP3 (MPEG) and WAV (PCM) formats plus convert function for all supported formats.
With recorded files you can:
– Export to and import from Google Drive™
– Export to and import from DropBox
– Export to and import from Microsoft® OneDrive
– Export to and import from Box Cloud
– Export to and import from iCloud Drive
– Export to SoundCloud
– Export to FTP server
– Export to Any Web base Script
– Send to other devices via Bluetooth
– Download directly to PC using built-in web server via local WiFi connection
– Upload from PC using WiFi connection
– WebDav support using WiFi service
– Convert to a movie clip and export to Photo Albums
– Post as a Movie Clip on YouTube
– Export to other apps on your device that can handle the audio file
– Import from other apps
– Send Audio or Movie by email
– Send Audio or Movie by SMS/iMessage
– Add notes to records
– Add photo to records
– Add bookmarks to records
– Modify ID3v2 tags
– Append a record to another record
– Split a record into multiple parts
– Join multiple audio records into one
– Apply effects to the recorded or imported file including:
– Pitch & Speed
– 3/6/10 Band Equalizer
Additionally you can:
– Convert the records to other formats
– Trim the records
– Duplicate the records
– Append records
– Protect the app with a passcode
and much more. Enjoy.”