If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Roku to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Roku that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone App For Roku, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone App For Roku
1. Remote for Roku TV + Stick
* Supported Roku TVs: Hisense, Sharp, TCL, Insignia, Hitachi, Philips, Element, JVC, Hisense, RCA.
* Supported Roku Streaming Players: Roku Stick, Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, Roku Soundbar, Roku Streambar, Roku 1-4 and legacy models.
* No hidden subscriptions
* Supports dark and light mode for iOS 13+ devices.
* 24/7 Support Chat
* Your iPhone, iPad or iPod and your Roku must be connected to the same wifi to enable Roku Remote Control. Please do not use VPN, Proxy, VLANS and Subnets.
If you like the app and our constant work on it, please give the app a positive rating on the App Store. Many thanks in advance from the development & support team
This app is brought to you by the developers of Video & TV Cast, the #1 video casting app in the world with more than 100.000.000 downloads across all platforms and devices.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or any other trademark mentioned here. ROKU, the ROKU Logo, STREAMING STICK, ROKU TV, ROKU POWERED, the ROKU POWERED Logo, ROKU READY, the ROKU READY Logo, “STOP DREAMING. START STREAMING.”, “HAPPY STREAMING”, “THERE’S A TON OF ENTERTAINMENT IN THIS LITTLE BOX,” and “NOW THIS IS TV” are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the United States and other countries.”
2. Remote for Roku TV Mobile App
• No setup is required. RoByte automatically scans your network to find your Roku.
• Easily change channels with one tap
• Adjust volume of your Roku or Roku TV
• Use your keyboard for quick text entry for channels like Netflix or Hulu
• RoByte is designed for iPhone as well as iPad
• Easily navigate without looking at your phone using the touchpad
• RoByte pairs with multiple Roku players.
RoByte Free features:
• Roku remote control
• Play/pause, fast forward, rewind
• Pair with multiple Roku devices
RoByte Premium features:
• Channel Switcher
• Volume Control
• Keyboard & Voice Search
• Most problems connecting to your Roku can be resolved by simply reinstalling RoByte.
• RoByte can only connect if you are on the same wifi network as your Roku device.
In order for RoByte to talk to your Roku, the following must be true:
1. Your Roku must be connected to your home’s wifi network.
2. Your iPhone or iPad’s wifi must be turned on and connected to the same network as the Roku.
In most cases, RoByte will automatically scan and find your Roku device but there is a small case where if you have a more complicated setup, you may need to manually enter your Roku’s IP address to connect.
If you’re still unable to connect to your Roku, theres a good chance there’s an issue somewhere within your network. Most common cases are Roku devices getting disconnected from your home wifi if it gets unplugged. You can also try reinstalling RoByte to do a fresh scan.”
3. Rokie – Roku Remote
“Rokie is the best free iPhone/iPod remote control unit for Roku Streaming Player and Roku TV. Magnificent design, intuitive interface, no pileup of buttons or complex settings. Thanks to this iOS application, access to movies, music and games will become simpler and easier, and you will love your Roku even more. All you need is connect your iOS device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
– Automatic detection of Roku in the Wi-Fi network;
– A large touchpad for convenient menu and content navigation;
– Launching of channels directly from the application;
– Search for YouTube videos and streaming to Roku from iPhone/iPod.
– Rokie is compatible with all Roku models including Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, Streaming Stick, Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra, Roku TV;
– Some applications like YouTube and Hulu+ have their own screen keyboards and do not take input from the iOS keyboard;
Kraftwerk 9, LLC is not an affiliated entity of Roku, Inc, and Rokie application is not an official product of Roku, Inc.”
4. Roku – Official Remote Control
Use the free Roku® mobile app to:
• Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote
• Use your voice or keyboard to quickly search for entertainment
• Enjoy private listening with headphones
• Stream free movies, live TV, and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku devices
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your mobile keyboard
You must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the mobile app. Some features require a compatible Roku device and may require logging into your Roku account.
• Voice search is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada. It’s also available in Spanish in Mexico and the US.
• The Roku Channel can be viewed in the mobile app in the US only.
• Some channels require payment, can change, and vary by country.
For more information and troubleshooting, go to http://support.roku.com
5. Roku remote : Rokumotee
“Rokumotee is a remote that allows you to easily control your Roku device directly from your iPhone / iPad.
Compatible with all Roku models, including Roku sticks, Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, Express, Express +, Roku tv and all other Roku devices.
Simple to setup:
Connect your iPhone / iPad to the same WiFi network as your Roku, the application automatically detects the device to control and you can now use your Phone to control your device.
The application functions as the original remote control, take advantage of all the features for free.
If you have any questions / comments please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rokumotee is neither an official Roku product, nor are we affiliated with the Roku company.
We offer auto-renewing subscription:
– Length: monthly
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– You will be able to access the Premium features of the app for the duration of the subscription
– Subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period as the original period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
– You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription setting through your Apple account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 for more information on how to proceed.
– You may turn off the auto-renewal of your subscription via your Apple Account Settings. However, you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period
– Any unused portion of a free-trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
6. Roku Remote Control : iRemote
Access to movies, music and games will become easier and you will love your smart TV even more. All you need is to just connect your iOS app and streaming device to the same Wi-Fi network.
# Key Features
◆ Automatically scans your network to find your streaming device
◆ Intuitive virtual remote
◆ Cast your Photos/Videos
◆ Search and cast your favorite music tracks
◆ Touchpad for quick navigation
◆ Play/pause, fast forward, rewind
◆ Easy media playing controls
◆ Use your keyboard for quick text entry for channels like Netflix or Hulu
◆ This app is designed for both iPhone as well as iPad
◆ Nilu Technologies apps is not an affiliated entity of Roku, Inc, and iRemote is not an official product of Roku, Inc.
– “iRemote” App is free to download. It contains preferable auto-renewing subscription options for Unlimited Use.
– Once you subscribe to any of your preferable options, you can enjoy all the features of the app.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
7. Screen Mirroring + for Roku
“Screen Mirroring+ for Roku is the easy mirror app to share your iPhone or iPad screen on your Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV. It’s the most advanced screen mirroring solution with zero delay and the highest screen quality.
Mirror photos, videos, games, websites, apps, presentations, documents and spreadsheets on Roku.
* Supported Roku TVs: Hisense, Sharp, TCL, Insignia, Hitachi, Philips, Element, JVC
* Your iPhone/iPad and your Roku must be connected to the same wifi to enable screen mirroring. Please do not use VPN, Proxy, VLANS and Subnets.
* Latency is supreme (below 1 second) when you have good wifi network conditions
* No hidden subscriptions or costs
* Sound is not yet supported, but we are working on it. Please use Bluetooth speakers as a workaround.
* Black screen issues: Some third party apps prevent screen mirroring. When you try to mirror them, you will just see a black screen on your TV, for example with Netflix and Disney+. This is a restriction chosen by Netflix and others, so we cannot fix it at the moment.
If you like the app and our constant work on it, please give the app a positive rating on the App Store. Many thanks in advance from the development & support team.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or any other trademark mentioned here.”
8. Video & TV Cast | Roku Player
With Video & TV Cast for Roku you can browse the web and stream any web video or online TV show on your Roku. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, video over https and of course Full HD are supported.
Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Roku. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will start the show.
* COMPATIBILITY: Please test your favorite videos with the free app edition before upgrading! Compatibility may depend on your Roku device and firmware.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming.
* If a specific video does not cast, please check our FAQ. If that does not help, please give us a chance to help you by dropping a mail to email@example.com instead of leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for your video as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote: Control your Roku straight from your iPhone or iPad. The remote works independed from video streaming and you can use it with other Roku channels as well.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> USER FEEDBACKS
“You have saved my life – Honestly. I cannot thank you enough. This is probably the best app I have ever gotten. Purchased all of the addons immediately after I saw it worked. I hope you continue to develop, and I trust you see our emails :)”
AJ The Man, USA
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We want to say thank you for all your great support and kindly invite you to honestly rate our app. This helps us to keep up our app development and support for you.
If you have any feedback, feature requests or other request, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products or any other trademark mentioned here. ROKU, the ROKU Logo, STREAMING STICK, ROKU TV, ROKU POWERED, the ROKU POWERED Logo, ROKU READY, the ROKU READY Logo, “STOP DREAMING. START STREAMING.”, “HAPPY STREAMING”, “THERE’S A TON OF ENTERTAINMENT IN THIS LITTLE BOX,” and “NOW THIS IS TV” are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the United States and other countries.”