If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Running And Walking to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Running And Walking that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Running And Walking, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Running And Walking
“iSmoothRun is the best App to effectively track and log all of your running, walking, hiking, cycling and any other fitness activity. Solid performance. Continuous development. Best sensor support (HRM, stride sensor, speed/cadence combo, cycling power, running power)
The best stand alone Apple Watch app, with configurable pages and solid performance that puts to shame any sports watch.
Connect your BT sensors to your watch and leave your phone home.
Best Interval and workout editor to help you follow your training plan. Create any workout based on HR, HR Zone, Pace or Power and let the app pace you. Workouts are available on the Apple Watch too with full Audio support!
Auto sync structured workout plans with Training Peaks and Final Surge (requires Pro subscription). Connect with these services and have your structured workouts directly on your Apple Watch or iPhone. Start your run and let the app coach you.
Integration with HealthKit. iSmoothRun uses HealthKit to export your activities into the Health and Activity apps and to read heart rate and biometric data.
– GPS and Pedometer
Using both the GPS and Pedometer iSmoothRun literally follows you in every step of your training.
Accurately tracks time, distance, location, pace, altitude, running cadence, heart rate, power and reports them with audio announcements at configurable time or distance intervals.
– Improve you running Form
iSmoothRun will consistently track your running cadence. Use the build in metronome to easily raise it.
– The most extended support for sensors
All BT Smart sensors (HRMs, footpods, speed/cadence combo, cycling power, Stryd running power custom metrics like Contact Time, Form Power etc are supported too)
All ANT+ (extra hardware needed: 4iiii Viiiiva )
– Your data are yours, Don’t lock yourself in.
We love being open. Export your training data in GPX,TCX,KML,PWX, or CSV format. Connect and share your workouts with the most active running communities, Strava, Runkeeper, Garmin Connect, sportTracks, Movescount, SmashRun, TrainingPeaks, FinalSurge, Runalyzer, 2PEAK, TrainAsOne and MapMyRun .This is the most connected app, period.
Are you into Run/walk training? Great. Now it’s easier than ever to set your timers and enjoy all the benefits of the best running app.
– Track your Shoe mileage
Every runner knows that tracking the mileage of his running shoes is essential.
– Check your workout statistics
Average pace/speed, cadence, total distance, time, average/maximum heart rate and climb. Splits and interval statistics. Graphs for pace cadence heart rate and altitude.
– Your iPhone is your training log
All your data stored in the device. Amazing customizable graphs for each run and for weekly, monthly loads. Follow closely your training load, train smarter and avoid overtraining.
– We love Cycling too
Pair it with any cycling sensor, combo, speed only or power meter. (BT Sensors only)
– Ghost Run
Race against a previous run of yours or a predefined pace. Get motivated, evaluate your training.
…and much more!
** You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renew may be turned off after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
**iPod touch users are advised to use an external sensor, GPS or footpod.”
2. Map My Run by Under Armour
“Whether you’re just starting out on your fitness journey or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools needed to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get customizable Training Plans, personalized coaching tips to make running feel easier, and more. Stay inspired with a community of over 60 million athletes all supporting your shared commitment to health and fitness.
– Named Top 10 Apps for Runners by The Guardian
– Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, & TIME
– Voted Best Running App Readers’ Choice on About.com
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Track runs directly from your Apple Watch app and get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time.
– Connect Under Armour connected shoes to the app and wearable devices for a Premium experience, more data to improve your run, and route tracking.
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables, including Apple Health, Apple Watch, Garmin, and more.
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Log over 600+ activities with the largest selection of activities, including: running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, and more.
– Get real-time audio coaching on GPS-tracked runs, with customizable voice for stats like pace, distance, and elevation.
– Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
– Use Routes to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Unlock the best tools to turn your goals into achievable plans with a Premium membership.
– Use Live Tracking to share real-time running location and give loved ones peace of mind.
– Execute Training Plans and reach weight loss or distance goals with personalized plans that adapt dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor & analyze heart rate zones to adjust your training based on goals.
– Set a goal for your run and stay on track with audio coach updates, including pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
3. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker
“Pacer is like having a walking buddy and health coach in one app. You can track all your activities in one beautifully intuitive interface. And you’ll get motivation and support from our amazing Pacer community. Pacer’s fun challenges, amazing data insights, outdoor routes, personalized fitness plans and guided workouts will help you achieve your unique fitness goals. Be active and feel great anywhere, any time!
Hear what some of our users are saying:
“Really like this highly addictive app…” ~Sparky731
“Best app I’ve ever used helping me lose a few pounds a week…” ~Gerryofkellys
“…I’m just grateful to this app for being a major catalyst to my health and fitness transformation… my husband and I have lost well over 100lbs” ~LaToya M
“…I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months by just trying to beat my walking distance daily at work. I love the daily goal. Cheaper and better than a gym membership and a 1000x’s more effective!” ~Covette92
GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY FOR FREE
-No wristband or other hardware required. Works entirely from your phone with no additional setup
TRACK ALL YOUR ACTIVITY
-Tracks your steps all day long whether your phone is in your hand, in your pocket, in your jacket, on an armband or in your purse
-Link to Apple Health to track with your Apple Watch
-Records steps, flights, calories, distance and active time
-Use GPS to track your outdoor walking, hiking, running and biking on a map
LOSE WEIGHT & GET FIT
-Track your weight and BMI over time, and correlate changes with your activity and other vitals
STAY MOTIVATED WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS
-Create walking groups with your friends and family to compare daily steps in real-time
-Connect with friends using iPhone or any other smartphones
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
-Stay motivated and on track with day-by-day Goals
-Support and motivate other users who share your goals
***Other Great Features***
-Syncs steps and calories with MyFitnessPal
-Syncs your data to Apple Health App
-Link to Apple Health to sync data from your Apple Watch
-Track your blood pressure along with activity and weight
-Create plans and set daily goals for yourself
-Based on science: track your metrics against standards provided by the World Health Organization, American Heart Association and President’s Fitness Council.
Other apps can track your walks, hikes, runs or workout sessions, but no other app can give you this level of comprehensive activity tracking and insight all on your iPhone with such a simple interface. Before you spend your money on an expensive wearable device, try Pacer first!
And remember, stay active!
***GET BETTER RESULTS WITH PACER PREMIUM***
Unlock powerful tools to help you reach your health goals.
-Scientifically designed guided workouts
-Weight loss coaching program
-Advanced data reports and insights
Subscriptions to Pacer Premium are $9.99 per month or $49.99 for a full year. Pacer Premium subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase.
You can use your iTunes account to subscribe and pay for Pacer Premium. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the current period ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will renew at the same cost. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service, where applicable.
***Location Based Services ***
This app has an optional feature for more accurate tracking that makes use of iOS’s location based services.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background may dramatically decrease battery life.”
4. Runkeeper—Distance Run Tracker
“Reach your running goals with the ASICS Runkeeper™ app. Track exercise, set measurable goals and see progress along the way—whether you’re just getting into running, training for a race or trying to reach a new personal record, we can help.
MOTIVATION TO MOVE
• Track workouts: Record activities like running, walking, biking, hiking and more manually or with GPS.
• Set goals: Maybe you want to get faster, run farther or lose a little weight. No matter your goal, we’ll help you reach it.
•Listen to audio: Choose the stats you want to hear during your activity like pace, distance, and time (available in five additional motivating voices in English), plus Apple Music and Spotify integration
• Follow a plan: Routines lead to progress. Choose a personalized plan that will help get you out the door, day after day.
• Stay motivated: Join in-app challenges, get exercise rewards, participate in virtual running groups and share achievements.
• See progress: It’s what this is all about. We’ll log your stats to show you how you’re progressing against your running goals.
SYNC WITH EASE
• Apple Watch integration: Leave your phone at home and still track stats.
• Bluetooth connectivity: connect wireless headphones and heart-rate monitors.
• Fitness tracker integration: Connect your Garmin, Fitbit and other styles in seconds.
• Apple Health integration: Connect to share your Runkeeper workout details (including calories, route, and heart rate) to Apple Health and sync your Health measurements to Runkeeper.
• Partner apps: Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and more.
UPGRADE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Get the Runkeeper GO™ premium membership for more effective ways to reach your fitness goals, from 5Ks to marathons.
Strategize for your next race by taking advantage of tailored race-training plans designed to help you run stronger and faster for race day.
Compare your workouts with a variety of detailed progress insights and live tracking to closely monitor your training along the way.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5. Running Walking Tracker Goals
“Ready to achieve your fitness goals? Improve your health and get in great shape with the free GOALS app. You want to lose weight or just count the calories you have burnt or the distance you have covered! Start today and track all your fitness activities (distance, time, speed, elevation, calories burned & more) – such as running, jogging, biking, nordic walking and mountain biking!
It´s also fully optimized for the Apple Watch. By the way you can use your voice (Siri) to control your workout, isn´t that convenient? Tie your shoelaces, download the app and start tracking your fitness activities.
WHAT IS YOUR DAILY GOAL? SELECT ONE OF OUR EXCLUSIVE GOALS:
– Burned calories
SELECT YOUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY:
– Running (Jogging)
– Nordic Walking
– Mountain Biking
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
– Start your workout with Siri (e.g. “Start a 1 mile run with Goals-Fitness”)
– Start a new or control an ongoing workout from the goals widget.
– Listen to your favorite iTunes playlist while you’re doing your workout
– Analyze your sports activities, find out how to improve your performance even further
– Monthly summary of your activities and achievements
– Create your own goals profile, make it your personal training and workout app
– Share your fitness results, be the one how motivates the crowd
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS
– Access to all available goals like calories burned & elevation
– Real Voice Coach: Audio feedback on duration or distance
– Real Voice Coach: Configurable parameters (speed, burned calories, …)
– Advanced Statistics & Analysis
– Training plans for running (beginner, 5k, 10k)
– Training plans for walking, running for weight loss (interval trainings)
– Create your own interval trainings (HIIT) & heart rate zone trainings
– Heart rate and steps included during workout and in summary
– Live charts: See your performance already during your workout
– Live intervals: See how you perform on intervals
– Use iPhone & Apple Watch for heart rate zone trainings
– Heart rate notifications to notifiy you when to slow down (or speed up) – also on Apple Watch
ON APPLE WATCH:
– Start an activity directly from your wrist
– Check your pulsrate during your workout
– View details of your current activity in real time and control your workout from the wrist
DOWNLOAD NOW > AND GET STARTED!
What are you waiting for? Download the app now, set your goals and take your fitness to the next level!
Goals is free. We provide a premium upgrade for more advanced functionalities. Following premium durations are available: 1 month for $7.99, 3 months for $19.99, 6 months for $27.49 and 1 year for $38.99 (Prices can vary slightly depending on the region). The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. If offered, this also applies to the free trial period. The payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase. You can manage your iTunes subscription in the App Store settings after purchase.
Terms of Service:
Apple Health: Goals can integrate with the Apple Health App to read your heart rate and steps information or to write workouts.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”