If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Text Expander to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Text Expander that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Text Expander, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App For Text Expander
1. Bear – Markdown Notes
“Bear is a focused, flexible notes app used by writers, lawyers, chefs, teachers, engineers, students, parents and more! Bear has quick organisation, editing tools, and export options to help you write quickly and share anywhere and preserve your privacy with encryption.
2017 Apple Design Award
App Store App of the Year 2016
“My journaling app of choice is Bear” – Kit Eaton, New York Times
*WRITE YOUR WAY* with flexible yet simple tools
– Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
– **NEW** Encrypt individual notes and lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required. Learn more below)
– Easily create notes with Siri and iOS Shortcuts
– Use Apple Watch to dictate and append to recent notes
– Pick from over a dozen themes for the perfect writing space (requires Bear Pro. Learn more below)
– Support for sketching, drawing, and Apple Pencil (and other styli)
– Grab images, text, files, and clip web pages with Bear’s app extension
*ORGANIZE QUICKLY* with tasks and #tags
– Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
– Add tasks to notes to stay on track
– Archive notes to keep them around, but out of your way
– Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, reference other notes, and more
– Pick custom icons to help important tags stand out in the Sidebar
– Use emoji autocomplete to add style to your tasks, journals, headings, and more
– Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, EPUB, and TextBundle (some export options require Bear Pro)
– Copy part of a note in a variety of formats to paste elsewhere
– Easily share your notes to any third party app including WordPress, Mail, Sparkle, etc…
*SEARCH ALL THE THINGS*
– Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
– Quickly find what you need with keyword highlights
– Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Search Triggers. Try @task to find all notes with todos.
*USE IT EVERYWHERE* with sync in Bear Pro
– Sync your notes between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch
– Notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
– A single in-app subscription works across all your devices
*YOUR NOTES, NOT OURS*
– Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
– **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you (Bear Pro required)
– **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required)
– Export notes to portable formats like Plain Text, Markdown, and TextBundle
– With a Bear Pro subscription, your notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
– Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
*ENABLE ALL FEATURES WITH BEAR PRO*
One low, yearly subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
– **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
– **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
– Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
– Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
– Over a dozen gorgeous app themes to help you create the best writing environment
– More themes are on the way
– Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually (save 18%)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
$1.49 monthly, includes a one week free trial
$14.99 annually, includes a one month free trial
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/”
2. PhraseExpress Autotext
● Organize & access frequently used text from a handy snippet menu.
● Expand autotext abbreviations into longer phrases.
● Sync snippets with other iOS devices or computers.
THE PHRASEEXPRESS ADVANTAGE
The unique phrase menu saves you from memorizing autotext abbreviations:
● Access over 600 phrases with just five taps!
● Descriptive menus instead cryptic shortcuts
● No more autotext cheat-sheets
● Fat-finger compatible large menus
CUSTOM KEYBOARD FEATURES
● Swipe-up keys for upper case letters
● Swipe down keys for numbers or symbols
● Dedicated phrase menu for instant access
● Smart bar with auto-complete suggestions
The Freeware App version is free for personal use, limited to 10 phrases and excludes features of the Standard/Pro/Enterprise Edition, that can be obtained with an “InApp” purchase:
● Save more than 10 phrases/folders
● Professional use allowed
● Statistics can be disabled
The Pro Edition additionally supports macro functions:
● Fill-ins and input forms (without grid/dynamic forms)
● Custom time/date stamps
● Date/math calculations
● Nest & link phrases
● Multiple choice phrases
● Conditional phrases, random text variation
● Clipboard operations, counters and variables
● Phrase customization with user input
The ENTERPRISE Edition additionally supports following macro functions:
● Grid form input
● Dynamic form inputs
● Support for “DeepL” language translation paid service
Please test all(!) features in the free edition before making a purchase to make a confident and risk-free purchase decision. Paid features can be used in the freeware as well (with license notifications).
● The PhraseExpress App does not support external hardware keyboards.
● Macros can be used with the App but they must be created/edited on a Mac or Windows computer. The App is not designed to create/edit macros and it would be tedious trying to do that.
● The PhraseExpress iOS App does not support bitmaps in the text.
● The App purchase does not include a Mac/Windows version.
3. QuickKey–Email & Text Expander
“Save time typing by expanding short abbreviations into long phrases, code snippets, or entire e-mails. QuickKey allows you to insert expanded text into any app with a single keyboard shortcut. Stop typing repetitive or hard to remember text over and over, and make your life easier with QuickKey.
QuickKey 2 now supports multiple placeholders—so you can define a block of text with multiple “variables”, crafting entire e-mails.
Some ways you can use QuickKey:
– Quickly send common e-mails.
– Set up custom e-mail signatures to insert on demand.
– Quickly respond to e-mails with boilerplate replies.
– Insert snippets of code you use frequently.
QuickKey syncs with iCloud so your shortcuts are available on all your Macs. Plus, a free companion iOS app allows you to view and use your snippets on the go.
QuickKey is the first text expansion app built specifically for complete compatibility with the App Store and all Mac security measures. It is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra and sandboxing. It requires no special permissions to work. Text insertion is faster and easier with our free expansion companion app available at http://quickkey-app.com/extension/ but it is not required.
If you have questions or problems, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.”
4. TextExpander + Keyboard
“Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long “snippets” of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters.
** Requires a TextExpander account ** Keeps your snippets current on all your devices ** Sharing options let you share the wealth of knowledge stored in your snippets with your circle **
How does TextExpander work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “firstname.lastname@example.org.” You can even insert today’s date automatically with the default abbreviation “ddate”!
Use all your TextExpander snippets in Mail, Safari, everywhere, using the custom keyboard.
Use TextExpander snippets with any keyboard in over 70 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
“If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency.” – iPhone AppStorm
– Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
– Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
– Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
– Correct typos automatically
– Insert today’s date; even yesterday’s date
– Create snippets easily with the rich text editor & editing bar
– Use and search multiple snippet groups
– Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
– Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
– Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
– Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
– Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
– Integrated support in over 70 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms”
“TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs – and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved”