If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Text To Speech to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Text To Speech that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Text To Speech, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone App For Text To Speech
1. NaturalReader – Text To Speech
NaturalReader is an essential tool for those with dyslexia and other reading difficulties. Open up your ears to a new reading experience with over 50 voices in over 20 languages. Just sit back, relax, and let us read to you.
Are you a student bogged down by a long reading list? Use NaturalReader to upload your e-textbooks, eBooks, or class notes to ease the burden and rest your eyes. Listen and review on the go while commuting to class or multitasking at home. Bookmark important pages for easy access later on. For both students and writers alike, NaturalReader is also an efficient proofreading tool.
NaturalReader is a great app for all kinds of readers. Adjust the speaker’s speed and background color to suit your own preferences. Use it to multitask and enjoy listening on the go while running, commuting, or any household tasks.
Open up any email attachments with NaturalReader to get your important documents to read to you instantly. You can also connect to your Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive account to easily access and listen to your files from your device. Keep up with your favorite webpages with our built-in browser.
To improve your reading experience, we have added a new Pronunciation Editor. Use this feature to fine-tune the pronunciation of new or unusual words, or to improve the readability of acronyms.
No matter what kind of reader you are, experience more with NaturalReader.
Note: DRM-protected eBooks from iBooks, Kindle, Nook, or Adobe OverDrive cannot be opened with NaturalReader
PDF, MS Word (.doc & .docx), MS Powerpoint, RTF, TXT
DRM-free EPUB eBooks”
2. Speechify – Audio Text Reader
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
“I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me” – Chandler
“I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered… please know you made a real difference in my life” – Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify’s HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify’s interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify’s reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify’s founder’s dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions, and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, and Google Chrome, then your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can’t wait for you to join the family 🙂
– Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify’s HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify’s cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://speechify.com/terms/”
3. Text to Speech!
“Bring your text to life with Text to Speech! Text to speech produces natural sounding synthesised text from the words that you have entered in. With 82 different voices to choose from and the ability to adjust the rate and pitch, there are countless ways in which the synthesised voice can be adjusted.
– 95 Different voices to choose from
– Voices are available in 38 different languages/accents
– No internet required
– The ability to adjust the pitch and rate
– Speak as you type
– Highlight spoken text
– Star your favourite phrases
– Group starred phrases into folders
– Export speech into audio files
– Mix speech into your phone calls
English (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
English (South Africa)
Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
Korean (South Korea)
Czech (Czech Republic)
Chinese (Hong Kong)
– More voices are available in system settings
Go Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices
– Exporting speech and mixing speech requires iOS 13″
4. Voice Reader Speech Central
“Great voices at free tier, feature set that matches or exceeds the competition and no subscription for the premium tier, that is the reason why you’ll love Speech Central. With over 10,000 licenses sold and consistent ratings above 4 stars Speech Central is one of the leading global text-to-speech brands. It was nominated for the best iOS accessible app in 2020 and 2017 on AppleVis, the leading authority in the field of accessibility on Apple devices.
appPicker: “… is a game-changer, and is slowly transforming my life…”
The app implements state of the art features for voice readers:
◦ The best in class support for the web sites / news reading.
– listen to the all web pages – both articles and headlines (first ever) supported
– RSS feeds
– import from any app that can share a link like Safari or Twitter
– open articles from headline pages
– sync articles with Pocket
◦ The widest support for documents/office and e-book formats
◦ Knowledge and text annotation tools built-in
◦ Export the text with annotations to .docx format
◦ Sync playlist items across Apple devices including with the macOS app and the current position in the text.
◦ Functions of audio buttons can be customized for high productivity and accessibility. The widest selection of tools to control the speed and browse the text that is read aloud.
◦ The app can be used with dozens of languages that have text-to-speech support on the device with automatic language detection from the content.
◦ import the text from the camera or from the scanned PDF using OCR
◦ Export the text to the audio file
◦ The app is completely free for blind people. It is tested to be accessible by legally blind users.
◦ Your data stays truly private, we collect only analytics data with no identifiable reference to the user or imported content even when the syncing is enabled
By moving your reading activities to commuting, walking, running, doing the housework or another activity you can save an hour each day. You’ll also save eyes for better things while having your battery and data plan last significantly longer. Keeping the screen off grants that you won’t get into the internet addiction and waste your time on unwanted things, and thus it can also help people with ADHD. As a bonus, even if your internet connection is unstable you won’t notice any interruptions.
The app can be used as an assistive technology and helper for people with visual impairments (eyesight problems) and disabilities like dyslexia.
Supported document types are: PDF (including scanned documents), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx), OpenOffice/LibreOffice (.odt, .odp), .html, .mhtml, .webarchive, .txt, .rtf, supported ebook formats are .epub, DAISY and .fb2 and emails in .eml format.
Get the app now and enjoy the most convenient text to audio!
– The free version has a daily limitation in the number of articles that you can add to it which is removed by purchasing the Pro add-on.
– Some features are available only on the latest version of the operating system.
– The license is valid only for this operating system. Other operating systems have separate licenses.
– DRM protected books (e.g. Kindle books) are locked to their respective vendor apps and cannot be imported into the app.
– For languages other than English the support is provided using the auto-translation tools”