If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Video Quality to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best iPhone App For Video Quality that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best iPhone App For Video Quality, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best iPhone App For Video Quality
1. FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird – Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine – Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
Stupid Love – Lady Gaga
Detour – Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron – Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours – Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) – Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• ProRes support on 13 series
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks (8-bit) †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.”
2. Gemini Photos: Gallery Cleaner
SELECTS THE NOT-SO-GOOD ONES
all but the best in a set of similar photos
those with closed eyes
HELPS CLEAN OUT THE CLUTTER
screenshots, exact duplicates,
photos of text,
and other clutter
AND SORTS YOUR ENTIRE LIBRARY
Go through every media file you keep.
Swipe up if you want it, and down if you don’t.
Simple as that.
LEAVES THE FINAL SAY TO YOU
flip through selected media to make sure you don’t want them
select something else if you don’t like the app’s suggestions
tap Move to Trash to remove selected files
and tap Empty Trash to delete them for good
BONUS FEATURE: PHOTO RADAR
Keeps the “Storage Full” pop-up at bay. Gemini watches out for the new shots
and videos and makes sure they don’t pile up again.
The payment and subscription terms:
Choose between the following subscription options:
Monthly Subscription – $4.99 per month – gives you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
Annual Subscription – $19.99 per year – gives you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
One Time Purchase – $34.99 offers you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos.
Free trial terms:
Free trial for monthly subscription in Gemini Photos allows you unlimited access to removing Similar Photos for the duration of 3 days. Your account will be charged for renewal, in accordance with monthly subscription plan for $4.99 per month, within 24 hours prior to the end of the 3 day trial period.
You can cancel your free trial at any time before 24 hours prior to converting your account to a auto-renewable subscription.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal, in accordance with your plan, within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings any time after purchase.
*** Manage your subscription directly from your iPhone ***
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
1. Tap the “Settings” icon on your mobile, then tap the “Store” icon.
2. Sign in with your iTunes ID.
3. Tap “View Apple ID” then “Manage App Subscriptions”.
4. You will be able to see when your next payment is due, or cancel your automatic renewal.
*** You may cancel your subscription at any time ***
Renewal of your monthly subscription is automatic.
You can cancel this automatic renewal at any time, at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Please note, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when making a purchase of an auto-renewing subscription.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie with by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13
• Add, adjust, and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export a video optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV****
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later”
4. Pinnacle Studio Pro
“* Best mobile app, Videomaker Best Products of the Year – 2014
* One of Time’s 50 Must-Have iPad Apps – April 2013
* Two time PCmag.com Editor’s Choice Award winner and 4.5/5 stars – April 2012 & Feb 2013
* 148apps.com – 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Pinnacle Studio Pro is universal! Now one purchase gets you the same great app on your iPad and iPhone!
Perfect for mobile journalists and creative filmmakers! Big-screen moviemaking comes to the touchscreen with Pinnacle® Studio Pro. Our leading film-editing technology brings you an easy-to-use app that enables you to quickly edit video, audio, and photos at the speed of your creativity.
Swiftly arrange your clips in the Storyboard, make precision edits using the Timeline and Dual View Precision, and add high-quality transitions, effects, and a soundtrack. Enjoy HD output support and share your movie directly to YouTube, Facebook, Box and more—or export your project to Pinnacle® Studio for the PC and continue editing with even more advanced tools.
Easily Access Your Media
• Work with any media on your device—video, audio, and photos
• Access media from external devices via an Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
• Access media from Box, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
• Capture video and photos from within the app
• Use “Open-In” feature to open compatible files from other apps
• Download media from iCloud Photos directly from the app Library
• Easily navigate your project with intuitive gestures
• Swiftly arrange clips in the Storyboard
• Make precise edits and trim individual frames in the Timeline and Precision Trimmer
• Easily replace one clip with another
• Create slow motion and fast motion effects for video and audio and maintain audio pitch (fully supports 120 and 240fps slo-mo video files)
• Use Montage templates to create multi-layer 3D animations, transitions, and titles
• Help your story flow using 16 transitions—including high-quality dissolves, fades, and more
• Generate professional-looking motion titles and graphics with full control over text, font, color, size, position, and rotation
• Create amazing Picture-in-Picture effects with full control over position, size, and rotation
• Pan and zoom on your photos to create high-impact slideshows
• Enjoy full-screen playback
• Use your own audio or choose from the included sound effects
• Purchase from a selection of Triple Scoop Music tracks
• Trim audio to any length, set levels, and fade audio in or out
• Use the Voiceover feature to add documentary-style narration to your videos and slideshows
• View and adjust audio levels in realtime with the professional Audio Mixer
• Easily share your movies via YouTube, Facebook, Cloud-storage, Airdrop and more
• Export projects with media to Pinnacle Studio for Windows
• Enjoy professional 2K and 4K support on the latest devices and full 1080p output support on any iPad or iPhone
• Export at 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60 fps (older iPads and iPhones may have limited support for higher frame rates)
Pro Technology, Pro Results
• Easy enough for the hobbyist, powerful enough for the pro”
5. ProMovie Recorder
“ProMovie Recorder is a feature-rich yet easy-to-use video camera App for your iPhone and iPad. Take control of exposure, focus, frame rate, and every other aspect of video recording right at your fingertip. Take full advantage of your device’s videography capability and create professional clips.
• 4K video recording (up to 60FPS) ¹.
• 1080p video recording (up to 240FPS) ².
• Manual camera control for exposure, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
• High-quality video recording with up to 120Mbps bitrate.
• Switch between Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras ³.
An In-App Purchase is required to record videos without the ‘ProMovie Recorder’ watermark.
• External microphones (Lightning/3.5 mm headphone jack ⁴/Bluetooth).
• Stereo audio recording *.
• Audio monitoring through headphones and Bluetooth headphones.
• On-screen audio level indicator.
• Audio gain control *.
• Supported audio formats: 256 Kbps AAC, 16-bit PCM.
• Separate Exposure Point and Focus Point.
• Exposure compensation.
• Manual control/parameter lock for:
– Shutter Speed/ISO
– Color Temperature
• White balance presets.
• White balance calibration with gray cards.
• 2.4:1 anamorphic adapters.
• Video rotation/flip for lens accessories.
• External displays connected via Lightning-to-HDMI/VGA adapters.
• Bluetooth remote ⁵.
• Grids and cropping guides for easier composition.
• Full-screen modes.
• Level (tilt indicator).
• Both HEVC and H.264 encoding *.
• Standard and Cinematic stabilization mode.
4K @30FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
4K @60FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @30FPS: iPhone 5s and newer, iPad (5th Gen. and newer), iPad Mini (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Air (all models), iPad Pro (all models).
1080p @60FPS: iPhone 6/6 Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @120FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @240FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
For iPhone and iPad models with Ultra Wide and/or Telephoto cameras.
Depending on your iPhone/iPad model and microphone connector, some of the following adapters may be required:
• TRS to TRRS adapter
• Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
• USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
Compatible devices only. Needs to be enabled in ‘Settings’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Start/Stop Recording’ -> ‘Use Volume Buttons’.
* For supported devices only.
Note: Use ‘iTunes’ or ‘Finder’ to copy videos to a computer.
macOS Catalina or Later:
macOS Mojave or Earlier:
Contact us: support@ProMovieApp.com”
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPGs
• Tune image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renowned ‘Control Point’ technology: position up to eight points on the image and assign enhancements. The algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners, just like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylised or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content relating to your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening); ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images; great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively across shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of colour film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches and film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks, with realistic grain and a ‘wash’ effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look, straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smooth skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits, based on three-dimensional models”
7. Video Compress – Shrink Video
– Easy to use UI
– Compress videos easily
– Export MPEG-4 and QuickTime
– Fast Sharing”
8. Videoshop – Video Editor
1. Trim: Cut out any unwanted moments. You can also split your videos into multiple clips.
2. Music: Add from your iPod library or Buy Clips from the Videomall.
3. Sound effects: Choose from audience noises, ambience, laughter, etc.
4. Slow motion (or fast motion): Adjust video or audio speed to slow or fast.
5. Adjust Display: Change Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, etc.
6. Merger: Combine multiple clips into one.
7. Text: Type your own text with color and various fonts.
8. Voice overs: Record your own voice over the video.
9. Animated titles: Introduce your videos with animated titles.
10. Filters: Select from several filters to enhance your videos.
11. Transitions: Choose from many transitions to animate between video clips.
12. Photos: Create slideshows easily.
13. Stop Motion: Create claymation videos with stop motion recording.
14. Resize: Rescale your video within the video frame.
15. Reverse: Playback videos in reverse.
16. Copy: Create duplicate video clips.
17. Tilt Shift: Add depth to your videos.
18. Rotate: Rotate your videos in 90 degree angles.
19. Undo: Undo any slippery editing mistakes.
20. Stickers: Pin stickers to your videos for added fun!
21. Impose: Add video over video for layered effect!
22. Ken Burns: Add movement and focus to your photos and videos
23. Freeze: Screen capture any moment in the video
24. Distort: Apply illusionary effects to your video
25. Lip Sync: Sing and dub to your favorite songs. Lip sync for your life!
26. Flip: Flip and rotate your videos for legibility.
27. Share directly to Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Whatsapp or by E-mail.
28. Snippets: Bite-sized video clips to expression emotions
Note: Videoshop is compatible with iPhone and iPad videos only. Using videos from other platforms may cause instability or crashes.
Also, adding an enormous amount of content and effects may overwork your phone’s processing power so be modest!
Publishers and Business Development can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and Advertising can reach us at email@example.com
Unlimited Access Subscription
-You can subscribe for unlimited access to all features and content offered for purchase within Videoshop.
-Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan. Alternatively, a one time payment plan is available (this is not a subscription).
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and cost depends on your chosen package.
-Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
-Apple Terms: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/”
9. Vizzywig: Record & Edit Videos
Vizzywig is the first all-in-one movie-making experience subscription that combines recording and editing in the camera view with tutorials and fresh creative content like background music tracks, studio intros, titles styles, filters and more updated frequently.
Get access to everything the Vizzywig has to offer now by auto-renewable subscription including access to fresh new background music, styles, tutorials and creative content updated frequently.
See what the Press is raving about!
“The app itself is great and does some remarkable things. It has put a 4K video camera and editing suite into an off-the-shelf iPhone… a truly amazing feat.”
– Steven Sande (AppleWorld.Today)
Multi-camera Recording and Live Switching in HD, 4K and now 5K. With our new Universal Picker, you can select, edit, transform and import multiple photos and videos (in order) in one step from Albums, Dropbox, Digital Cameras and more. Add Music, Studio Intros, Titles, Lower-Thirds, B-Roll, Scrolling Credits and more in seconds.
AS FEATURED ON: Macworld.com, TUAW.com, Slashgear.com, BusinessInsider.com, iClarified.com, TheBlaze.com, and 2,100 articles on Google in just 72 hours after release.
“Easy and powerful.” – Jackie Dove, Macworld.com
“A robust multi-camera video-editing suite.” – Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW
“You’ll be the next Steven Spielberg in no time!” – Zach Walton, WebProNews
“The results are impressive… and the bit rate is super high” – Philip Bloom, Filmmaker
MAJOR UPGRADE: Added new Universal Picker which allows you to scale, rotate and trim multiple videos and photos from GoPro, Dropbox, Camera Roll, Albums and other Vizzywig sessions in a single step!
Import clips, add transitions, overlay snapshots and titles, set in/out points, split clips and set background music while you capture the event. When the event is over, simply tap DONE and your finished movie is rendered in minutes complete with a studio intro, titles, transitions and even Hollywood-style scrolling credits.
Vizzywig 2020 also lets you record and live-switch in 3840×2160 resolution from up to 16 iOS devices at the same time using our amazing remote camera feature.
• 3840×2160, 3264×2448
• Multiple Aspect Ratios and Frame Rates
• 1080p, 720p and 360p settings
• Real-time editing features
• Professional-grade music tracks
• Hollywood-style intros, titles & credits
• Wide variety of fonts & styles
• Ultra-smooth auto zoom
• Manual controls for focus & exposure
• Snapshot & title slide overlay
• Precise trimming tools
• Instant sharing options
• Controls for shutter speed, focal distance and more
Until now, HD and 4K motion picture movie capabilities have only been available to professional film-makers and others who have been willing to shell out several thousands of dollars for the proper equipment, and invest in the hundreds of hours it takes to shoot, edit, and publish these videos over and over again. Don’t let your YouTube videos, home movies and independent films become obsolete. Whether you are a father, a mother, an independent film-maker, a YouTuber, or just someone who likes to shoot awesome videos, this is truly the app for you.
NOTE: Trial periods will automatically end after 3 days for 1-month subscription and after 7 days for one-year subscription and you will be charged after that unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings at any time after purchase.
24-hour customer support available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org”