If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Walking And Biking to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone App For Walking And Biking that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone App For Walking And Biking, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone App For Walking And Biking
1. adidas Running: Mile Tracker
“Join over 170m people who have used adidas Running. We’re more than just a run tracker. With regular challenges and virtual races, you’ll always be motivated. Get active with your favorite sports like running, hiking, cycling, yoga, and more. Keep a log of minutes, miles and calories burned and see your statistics.
REASONS TO LOVE ADIDAS RUNNING
1. It’s FREE!
2. Built-in GPS tracking
3. Track duration, distance, calories burned, and monitor heart rate data.
4. The ultimate sports app: choose yoga, hiking, cycling, and more.
5. Take on Virtual Races to race with athletes around the world.
5. Score activity Records when you hit a new milestone
6. Distance, duration or consistency: choose a personal goal for the sport of your choice.
Ready to push yourself? We will help you maximize your motivation with targeted challenges
CREATE YOUR OWN FITNESS COMMUNITY
– Followers: stay connected to the running community and keep your competitive spirit alive
– Newsfeed: get updated and motivated through our regular blog posts on fitness topics, your followers’ activities and events around your location
CONNECT WITH OTHER FITNESS APPS
– We’re compatible with apps like: Suunto, Kinomap, Running Heroes, Keller Sports, Zwift, Polar, Coros, Garmin Connect, Nolio,
RunMotion Coach, Xhale, TrainasONE
– Keep an eye on your hydration and diet with REBO Smart Bottle and My Fitness Pal
– Join challenges with our partners: Vitality Running World Cup, Smashrun,The Conqueror Challenges
– Earn rewards when you connect to Running Heroes, Keller sMiles
– Create breathtaking videos of your fitness adventure when you use the Relive app
– Use your Apple Watch to track activities and upload data to adidas Running
– Keep an eye on your vitals, steps and more with Apple Health
PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
With Premium, you’ll unlock:
– Personalized training plans for races (weight loss, 5K, 10K, half-marathon, marathon)
– Interval training for running, walking and cycling
– Personal records to mark all your achievements
– Auto-pause when you stop moving
Your Premium Membership is for the adidas Training app too!
STILL WANT MORE?
Unlock adidas rewards with the Creators Club loyalty program. Collect points for challenges and activities that you can redeem for early access to products, free Premium, events, and more.
APP USAGE INFO & PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium Membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription is $9.99 per month, while the yearly subscription is $49.99 per year. (Price may vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Cancelation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
The renewal rate will be according to your subscription $9.99, $39.99 or $49.99.
Purchasing a Premium subscription will automatically end any active free trial, where applicable.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. You can also manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Do you have further questions about our apps? Contact us via https://help.runtastic.com/hc/en-us
Runtastic Terms of Service: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
2. Map My Ride by Under Armour
“Track and map every ride with MapMyRide. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new cycling goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first climb or a cycling pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked ride and view the route you took on the map.
– Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
– Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to ride, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
– Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
– Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
– Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each ride.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Let your shoes do the tracking – SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyRide app.
– Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin and hundreds more.
– Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TAKE YOUR RIDES FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Reach your cycling goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
– Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
– Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
3. Map My Tracks: ride run walk
“Track all your sports pursuits with Map My Tracks. Cycling, running, walking or just when out on the move… you can track it all, and stream it live. Join over a million other people who use Map My Tracks to track their workouts and outdoor pursuits.
Map My Tracks OutFront turns your iPhone into a high performance all-sport GPS tracker that’s amazingly easy, fun and motivating to use on bike rides, runs or hikes as well as other outdoor pursuits.
Featured in Apple’s What’s hot list
#1 iPhone app in Health & Fitness in Japan, France, Belgium, Iceland, Czech Republic
It’s the only app you’ll need to track all your outdoor activities.
>> TRACK YOUR OUTDOOR PURSUITS
• Measure your performance across sports like running, cycling, walking, or just about any outdoor pursuit
• Track your distance, speed, pace, heart rate, calories burned, duration, elevation gain/loss
• Get a breakdown of your activities for each day, week, month or year
>>ANALYSE YOUR PERFORMANCE
• Sync activities to MapMyTracks.com for detailed analysis of your performance
• Compare your performance on segment leaderboards
>> STREAM LIVE ONLINE
• Broadcast your cycle rides, runs, and other sporting activities live for friends & family to follow online
• Post photos live to your profile during your workout
>> CHALLENGE YOURSELF
• Set goals and keep yourself motivated
• Compare and compete against others in the weekly and monthly leaderboards
>> BE SOCIAL
• Tell the whole story and add photos to your activities
• Create beautifully crafted videos of your activities to share
• Follow friends and help keep them motivated
• Share activities on Facebook & Twitter
>> DISCOVER – WITH AUGMENTED REALITY
• Identify nearby peaks, places and others tracking live with the iPhone’s camera
• Browse the maps to follow people live or see others nearby
• Find new nearby routes try out
• Challenge yourself and take on local segments on your cycle rides and runs
>> CONNECT TO SENSORS AND DISPLAYS
• Connect to Bluetooth & ANT+ sensors from Wahoo Fitness (requires in-app purchase)
>> UPGRADE TO PLUS
• Unlock the full power of the app and website with a PLUS subscription
• Track live so others can follow your progress online
• Get an ad free experience
• PLUS features are available with an in-app purchase.
Subscriptions for Map My Tracks PLUS are $2.99 per month or $28.99 for a full year. Map My Tracks PLUS subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $2.99 per month or $28.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
If you’re enjoying Map My Tracks leave us a good review in the App Store. If not, send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us fix it before you write a review.
Map My Tracks uses HealthKit to export your Map My Tracks activities into the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data. This service is optional.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Terms of service: https://www.mapmytracks.com/term-service
4. OS Maps: Walking & bike trails
“Explore the great outdoors the way you want, all while staying safe with OS Maps – GB’s most popular leisure mapping app. Whether you want to walk, cycle, hike, run or ramble, OS Maps will guide you through stunning routes across Great Britain.
Looking to stay local? Or do you want to venture off the beaten track? Enjoy the fresh air, listen to the crunch of leaves under your feet and experience the enjoyment of finding a brand new route that you never even knew existed.
Why you’ll love using OS Maps:
• UNMISTAKABLE OS MAPPING
Subscribe to unlock the detail and accuracy of OS leisure maps across the whole country including OS Explorer 1: 25,000 and OS Landranger 1:50,000 maps.
• THOUSANDS OF ROUTES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Search for the best routes in an area as rated by fellow outdoor enthusiasts and plot your own route to follow, share or record.
• AWARD-WINNING TECHNOLOGY
OS Maps was voted Yahoo Sports Technology Awards Best App, Outdoor Industry Awards Digital Product of the Year and Singletrack Best Online Service.
• USE ON EVERY DEVICE
View, create and sync your activities between desktop and mobile. On desktop, premium users can use our 3D Aerial Layer to see the route terrain, explore in stunning 3D and print maps.
• Explore authored routes from BBC Countryfile, Country Walking, Mountain Bike UK, Trail and AA Walks and more.
• NATIONAL PARK TRAILS
Use OS Maps as your off-road sat nav with automatic ‘snap-to-path’ giving you the most enjoyable and safe route between two points in National Parks.
• VIEW MAPS OFFLINE
Download your favourite areas to view offline – so you can view any part of GB even without signal. Plus, you can export your favourite routes to your GPX device.
• UNLIMITED PRINTING
Print copies of routes and maps to take with you so you always have a backup.
• AUGMENTED REALITY
Pan the landscape to see what’s nearby including hills and mountains, forest and woodland, transport, settlements, coast and water. And, with one click, find local area information with routes, places to stay and local images.
• TABLETOP 3D
Preview a route before you tackle it, ensure it’s suitable for your level of fitness and avoid any scary drops. Our 3D model feature lets you check out your routes on top of your very own coffee table!
OS Maps Premium is available through a 1 month or 1 year subscription. Prices are posted in GBP but may vary by country or when converted to local currency. Subscriptions will auto-renew. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Terms & Conditions at os.uk/termsosmaps
Battery life while using the app can be extended downloading maps offline prior to use, operating in Flight Mode (the GPS will still work) and turning off the screen when not in use. We release updates to all of our apps as we improve them, making them even more stable and adding extra features. Along the way, your feedback and comments about this app are really important to us. If there’s something you’d like us to know, please tell us at email@example.com
*This feature uses Apple’s ARKit which requires an iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPad 2017, iPad Pro or any later device.”
5. “Strava: Run, Ride, Swim”
Whether you’re training for a marathon or simply love taking your bike out for a ride, turn your smartphone or GPS watch into a sophisticated tracker with Strava. Join millions of athletes and active people and reach your fitness goals!
3 Ways to Train Smarter with Strava
TRACK & ANALYSE: Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained & calories burned
NEW ROUTES & MAPS: Mix up your training with the world’s largest trail network
CHALLENGE & COMPETE: Push yourself with monthly Challenges & compete with others
Compare your running, cycling and swimming performance over time
Segment leaderboard: see how you fare on popular stretches of road or trail
Track your progress & analyse your performance on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or pretty much any GPS device out there! Use your Garmin, FitBit or Polar..
CONNECT & SHARE
Record your bike ride on your Strava feed so friends & followers can comment & share their own
Join Clubs of brands, teams and friends for activities & growing communities
Show off your route & share photos of your adventures
Get customizable training & workout plans. Run that marathon or set your own distance, time or segment goals
Get live feedback to help you train safer & perform better
Dive deep into your data with advanced analysis & extensive performance metrics
It doesn’t stop with running or cycling, you can track a whole range of sports with Strava:
• Gym training
• Rock Climb
…and many more!
Strava uses HealthKit to export your Strava activities into the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.
You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renew may be turned off after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
Terms of service: https://www.strava.com/legal/terms
6. “ViewRanger: Hike, Bike or Walk”
In order to focus all our effort on our Outdooractive app and website, we currently expect to switch off access to the ViewRanger app at the end of February 2022. We recommend you download and use the Outdooractive app instead of ViewRanger.
If you are already using ViewRanger, we offer you an easy way to move to the Outdooractive app – where you can continue to access your maps, tracks, routes, POIs, and other ViewRanger app data.
Search for “Outdooractive” and download the app for free.
If you made one-off payments to access maps within ViewRanger, then we are offering free access to a set of maps via the Outdooractive app instead. The maps we are offering depend on the region of the maps you made one-off payments for in ViewRanger. The maps will be from the same map data provider or, where necessary, from an alternative map data provider depending on the map region.
If you have a current ViewRanger subscription, then you have an Outdooractive Pro subscription that will expire at the same time as your ViewRanger subscription. You will then need to renew your subscription via the Outdooractive app. It is no longer possible to purchase or renew a ViewRanger subscription.
By connecting your ViewRanger account to Outdooractive, routes you have plotted, routes you have downloaded, activity tracks you have recorded, a record of the challenges you participated in, and points-of-interest you have marked, will continue to be available within your Outdooractive account.
APPLE HEALTH provides detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices). Tracks recorded from activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.
7. Walk The Distance
WalkTheDistance uses your walking/running distance (daily steps) tracked automatically in the Health app and puts that data to good use, by showing you how far you would be if you were walking the Appalachian Trail, Boston Marathon, or other featured routes in cities and national parks around the world. There are many third-party apps that will sync your walking data to the Health App, but the Health App tracks your walking automatically using the pedometer built into the iPhone, so no external tracking app/device is necessary.
The Appalachian Trail is really long. So we added checkpoints along the way to help you stay motivated. For the Appalachian trail, checkpoints are shelters where you can “stay the night”, along with some points that provide a good view. Checkpoints vary by walk, and of course you cannot unlock checkpoints until you reach them!
Walk with other users! Walk with everyone, or just walk with your friends. You can easily add friends to walk with you on your walk. Get notified when someone passes you. Stay motivated and don’t let them beat you!
This app is “activate it and leave it”. It uses virtually no power while in the background. It pulls your walking/running distance from the Health app once every hour in the background, or every time you open the app. When you reach checkpoints or get passed by friends, you will get notifications on your phone letting you know.
Free walks in each category (Appalachian Trail, Marathons, Cities, National Parks), then other walks are available for purchase for $0.99 (or equivalent local currency).
Feedback welcome! This app was built based on feedback from users. There is an “email me” link under settings. We would love to hear what routes you want added and what features you’d like to see.
**Based on Virtual Walk an app that was Named Best Walking App for 2013 in the About.com Reader’s Choice Awards
“very addictive to want to put in an extra mile…”
“alleviate the monotonous nature of dog walking…””