If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Walking Navigation to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Walking Navigation that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App For Walking Navigation, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
1. ActivityTracker Pedometer
“The interface is clean and clear and will help you set achievable goals for fitness”
— MacWorld – bit.ly/MacWorldTop
“The main iPhone app is pretty and makes it easy to see your key stats, and the Watch app can help motivate you”
— TechRadar – bit.ly/TechRadarTop
ActivityTracker will keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, active time, and flights of stairs climbed just by carrying your iPhone or Apple Watch around, which you already do!
Research has shown that just by being more active you will also be healthier. Not everyone wants a vigorous exercise routine so just increasing your daily activity will get you in better shape. ActivityTracker will auto-magically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active for free!
• Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget!
• Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, Active Time, and Floors Climbed;
• [New] Set the app to monitor what’s most important for you: Steps, Calories Burned, or Distance (PRO version);
• [New] Set individual Weekly Targets for: Steps, Calories Burned, and Distance (PRO version);
• [New] In-App Events. Get engaged by participating in our new monthly challenges!
• [New] Week Overview graph in Trends, with progress for the current week
• Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail;
• Track your activity hour-by-hour in the Hourly view. Details such as steps, calories, distance, active time, and floors are shown per hour;
• Long-tap on any day in the Details > Days view to see details per hour for that day;
• [New] Long-tap on any week/month in the Details > Weeks/Months views will get you to the first day of that week/month;
• Since not all days are the same, we prefer a Weekly Target but we will also show you a daily goal based on your target;
• [New] Customize the interface with one of the seven Accent Colors (from which three are free);
• Import/export feature to save your data or move it to another iPhone (PRO version);
• Week Overview to review your last week’s progress at a glance (PRO version).
Apple Watch & Health
• Awesome Apple Watch app with: today’s overview, hour-by-hour stats & last 7 days!
• Independent Watch app for watchOS 6+ with independent Settings
• Synchronize steps between your iPhone, Apple Watch and Health app (PRO version);
• Apple Watch app Complications for at a glance stats on your Watch (PRO version);
• Import your historical data from Apple Health so you can have a complete overview of your activity from day one.
• Awesome Today widget with customizable statistics and colors!
• iMessage app for easily sharing your achievements with friends;
• App badge that shows the steps taken directly on the app icon;
• Full support for iOS 13+ Dark mode. ActivityTracker is actually the first pedometer app to offer a full dark-theme since June 2015!
• Daily & Weekly notifications that can easily be disabled in Settings;
• Progress notifications for target reached and target half-reached (PRO version).
2. Footpath Route Planner
Footpath is the ultimate companion for planning and navigating custom routes.
Join millions of adventurers and plan out your perfect route.
SNAP TO MAP
Quickly measure distances by tracing a map with your finger or Apple Pencil. Footpath will snap to roads and trails on the map.
MEASURE DISTANCE AND ELEVATION
Know exactly how far and how high you’ll travel with elevation profiles. Plan routes that match your goals.
SAVE ROUTES FOR LATER
Plan out your week or trip. Keep up to 5 routes on hand for reference, or save unlimited routes with Footpath Elite.
Send your routes to friends or workout partners to open on their device.
Footpath is designed to work for pretty much any activity or adventure, in any country:
• Cycling and mountain biking
• Hiking and mountaineering
• Motorcycling and driving
• Backcountry skiing
• Kayaking and standup paddleboarding
• And many more!
Ready to go the extra mile? Upgrading to Footpath Elite unlocks the following powerful features:
– Footpath will tell you when to turn with turn-by-turn audio cues on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
– Save your route and cues in advance for voice guidance that works completely offline.
– Double tap your AirPods or use the playback controls button on your headphones to replay your next cue.
– 3D and topographic maps including Ordnance Survey’s Landranger and Explorer maps, OpenStreetMap-based Footpath Outdoors, OpenCycleMap, Thunderforest Outdoors, and many more.
– Cycling lanes, avalanche slope shading, and elevation contour lines.
– Unlimited saved routes
– Edit saved routes
– Organize and sort routes into custom lists
– Calendar log and weekly summary of your activity
– Analyze splits, speed, elevation, and heartrate
– Speed heatmaps
– GPX import and export
– TCX and FIT course export for turn-by-turn navigation on Garmin and Wahoo GPS devices
– Export cue sheets to a spreadsheet app for customization and printing
– Export routes and workouts to Apple Health
You can purchase a Footpath Elite monthly or yearly subscription through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to the Manage Subscriptions page in settings after purchase, and your features will remain active until the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same cost as your original purchase.
TIPS FOR MAPPING ROUTES
• For longer routes, try zooming in and mapping your route in multiple segments.
• Tap and hold the map to quickly route between waypoints and POIs.
• Did Footpath snap to the wrong roads? Trace over the incorrect segment to edit, or use the eraser tool.
• Turn off snap to roads (magnet icon) and zoom in to manually trace the map. (Try switching to a satellite layer).
• Displaying maps and continuously running GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Navigate without maps or with the screen off for all day battery life.
We’ve got a lot planned for Footpath. If you have any suggestions or feedback, or if you run into any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: https://footpathapp.com/terms
3. Map My Walk by Under Armour
“Track and map every walk with MapMyWalk. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new walking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long walk or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked walk and view the route you took on the map.
– Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
– Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to walk, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
– Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
– Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
– Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each walk.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Let your shoes do the tracking – SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyWalk app.
– Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin and hundreds more.
– Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TAKE YOUR WALKS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Reach your walking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
– Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
– Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
4. “ViewRanger: Hike, Ride or Walk”
In order to focus all our effort on our Outdooractive app and website, we currently expect to switch off access to the ViewRanger app at the end of February 2022. We recommend you download and use the Outdooractive app instead of ViewRanger.
If you are already using ViewRanger, we offer you an easy way to move to the Outdooractive app – where you can continue to access your maps, tracks, routes, POIs, and other ViewRanger app data.
Search for “Outdooractive” and download the app for free.
If you made one-off payments to access maps within ViewRanger, then we are offering free access to a set of maps via the Outdooractive app instead. The maps we are offering depend on the region of the maps you made one-off payments for in ViewRanger. The maps will be from the same map data provider or, where necessary, from an alternative map data provider depending on the map region.
If you have a current ViewRanger subscription, then you have an Outdooractive Pro subscription that will expire at the same time as your ViewRanger subscription. You will then need to renew your subscription via the Outdooractive app. It is no longer possible to purchase or renew a ViewRanger subscription.
By connecting your ViewRanger account to Outdooractive, routes you have plotted, routes you have downloaded, activity tracks you have recorded, a record of the challenges you participated in, and points-of-interest you have marked, will continue to be available within your Outdooractive account.
APPLE HEALTH provides detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices). Tracks recorded from activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.
5. Walkmeter Walking & Hiking GPS
“Walkmeter is the most advanced application for walkers and hikers. Built for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add advanced features.
Powered by your iPhone
• Tracks cycling, running, walking, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and more.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs – completely configurable.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
Private & Secure
• Your workout data is securely stored on your iPhone — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• No user names or passwords are required.
• Share workout data if you wish using email, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Twitter.
• Live tracking is optional and only with friends you invite.
• Optional iCloud backup is encrypted.
• Track heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Track step cadence and steps.
• Use your iPhone’s barometric altimeter to measure ascent & descent.
• Detect stops automatically.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Automatically record temperature and weather.
• Use Siri to start, stop, lap, and ask for statistics.
• Select from more than hundreds of configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats on-demand, or at time and distance intervals.
Free Live-Tracking and Messaging
• Automatically share your location, path, and statistics with family and friends.
• Messages are automatically spoken to you with text-to-speech.
• Share an online Workout Explorer for analyzing workouts.
• Share by email, Twitter, Strava, or MyFitnessPal.
• Use HealthKit to export or import your workouts in the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.
• Share to your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
• Imports and exports GPX, TCX, FIT, KML, and CSV.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Keep on track with configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones.
Elite includes a 7-day free trial. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account after confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.