If you are looking for the Best iPhone App For Writing A Novel to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Writing A Novel that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone App For Writing A Novel, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone App For Writing A Novel
# Key features of Byword
– Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
– Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
– Take all documents offline to access them anytime
– Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
– Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
– The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
– Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
– Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
– Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
– Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
– Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
– Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
– List continuations
– TextExpander snippet expansion
– Word and character counters with live update
– Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
– Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
– Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
– For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
– For research, meeting and class notes
– To write that important email without being distracted
– To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
2. “JotterPad – Novel, Screenplay”
“Designed for creative and aspiring writers, JotterPad is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor without the fuss and distraction of a word processor. It is perfect for writing books, novels, lyrics, poems, essays, drafts, and screenplays. Equipped with tools to streamline your writing process, JotterPad provides you with the opportunity to dive into your work without any distractions, and to write to your heart’s content!
## Writer’s essentials
JotterPad comes with a feature-packed text editor that no writers should live without. Some of our favourites include Markdown, Fountain, dictionary, thesaurus, rhyming dictionary, screenplay management, word analysis, word & character count, dark theme, typewriter scrolling and much more. These are essential tools that every great writer needs.
## Cloud Sync
JotterPad offers automatic sync and offline capability.
Sync all your files on iCloud, Google Drive and Dropbox on your Mac, iOS, and iPad OS devices. Write anywhere on the go. Seamlessly convert the abstractions of your thoughts into words wherever you want, whenever you want.
## Unleash your creativity
With a collection of beautiful typefaces and customisable typography, you can create your own personal writing space to help your creativity flow and stay engaged in writing.
## Screenplay writing
With Fountain syntax available on JotterPad, it makes screenwriting less intimidating, and more enjoyable. JotterPad provides you with tools tailored for multiple screenplay elements, so you can focus solely on writing.
## Research at your fingertips
The built-in dictionary helps you to search for definitions of words quickly and accurately. Find new ways to express commonly used phrases and be inspired by new words with our thesaurus and rhyming dictionary.
## Upload Free High-Resolution Images
Give your articles and online posts that extra polish with high quality editorial images from Unsplash, now available for use on JotterPad.
## Exporting & Publishing
With JotterPad, you don’t have to fret over formatting. Export your work as Final Draft (.fdx), PDF and Word (.docx) with ease. Plays in Final Draft can also be directly imported into JotterPad.
If you’re someone that uses online blogging platforms, you may now also publish or upload your written work as drafts on WordPress, Ghost and Tumblr directly from JotterPad.
# JotterPad: Pro Cloud
JotterPad “Pro Cloud” is an auto-renewing subscription. Pricing: US$6.99/monthly or US$29.99/year. Prices may vary by location.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your iTunes Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be identified. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, talk to us at https://help.jotterpad.app.”
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media files
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.”
4. Story Planner for Writers
It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, RPG masters … All kinds of storytellers! And it offers quick and intuitive story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
No matter if you are a professional writer or just starting. With Story Planner, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
NOVEL & SCREENPLAY ORGANIZER
• Create custom projects to plan fictional stories
• Organize projects by tags
• Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
• Take notes of your ideas within each project
• Easily switch between the different parts of your project
OUTLINE ALL YOUR STORIES
• Get all the elements of your stories linked to each other
• Create detailed characters and locations
• Add images to make a more complete profile
• Organize the plot lines of your stories and assign them a color
• Divide your structure into acts, parts, chapters, or episodes
• Develop the structure scene by scene
• Write your scenes in any order and reorganize later with Drag & Drop
• Track different threads using plot colors and tags
• Assign tags to any element in the story for a better organization
• Quick search and filter tool
• Split-View on your iPad
• Multiple windows on your Mac
• Keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your Mac and iPad
• Look over the whole structure with the Revision Mode
• Check the stats to better understand how your story works
• Set goals and track your progress
• Configure the widgets to see the progress bar on your home screen (on iOS)
• Turn on the info buttons to learn more about the parts of the planning and creative process
• Light and dark modes
• Set your favorite color theme
SAFETY & PRIVACY
• Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case
• Protection by code or Face/Touch ID
• Automatic backups
• Sync your projects via iCloud and access them on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone (iOS and macOS versions available separately)
EXPORT YOUR WORK
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Choose the parts of your project you want to export
• Choose the appearance of the exported files
• Print or create PDF files
• Export to Word
• Export to Scrivener 2 and 3
• Export to Final Draft
• Export to Ulysses (with the Word files option)
ONE PRICE ONLY
• Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases
• When you buy the app, you have access to all features
• We won’t bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever
• Universal for iPad and iPhone.
• macOS version available separately
You can check our Youtube Channel to watch Story Planner in action. You can also visit our website for more information or contact us via email or Twitter. We are always happy to assist you.
• Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
• Website: www.storyplanner.app
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp
We put thousands of hours into developing and improving Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews and always consider your suggestions, so don’t hesitate to write to us if you have any thoughts on improving the app. And if you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review. Thank you! :)”