If you are looking for the Best iPhone App Weight Training to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone App Weight Training that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone App Weight Training, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone App Weight Training
1. Bolt – Weight Lifting Journal
Bolt: workout lifting tracker⁺ is one of the best workout journals on the App Store. It’s the simplest workout tracker and discovery platform on iOS for organizing your exercise routines, finding exciting new ones, recording your progress and personal records, and transforming your body.
Whether you’re looking to burn belly fat, build bigger muscle, track the strength of your squats, or just plan your daily workout schedule – Bolt is the ultimate fitness tracker to make reaching your personal fitness goals easy and with better results.
Using Bolt as your workout log lets you:
• Discover innovative workout routines designed to target core muscle groups and specific body parts for optimal results
• Record your own training routines and your workouts right in the gym in an intuitive planner
• Challenge yourself from a comprehensive range of 200+ effective gym exercises (bench press, squat, overhead press, barbell row, pull-ups, power cleans, etc.) or customize your own with multiple exercise types and muscle groups to choose from
• Access detailed instructions so that you exercise in the proper form and range of motion to build muscle
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets with the tap of a button
• Easily log your lifts and total weight for each set so you can focus on strength gains
• Automatically update each routine every time with the previous amount of weight and rep range in your exercise sets
• Stay on track during your workout with a built-in rest timer
• Keep track of history with your past workouts – it’s a great way to focus on your progressive overload scheme!
• Sync your completed workouts with Apple Health
It doesn’t matter if you’re doing a stronglifts 5×5 workout program, traditional strength training program, or you’re an experienced bodybuilder or powerlifter – starting out with a personal trainer, coach, or on your own training program – men and women use Bolt everyday as their gym log on their journey to get strong, ripped abs, achieve weight loss, keep a fitness journal, and improve their weightlifting strength the smart way.
Regardless of your prior experience, Discover is the perfect growing library for your next workout plan – from guided, full body workouts to get first-time gym-goers started, to specialized upper body routines with compound exercises to help you build strength. Looking for body weight exercises for building muscle, or perhaps a lower body with light free weights – Discover is a great addition of pre-made workouts to add to your training journal.
When it comes to goal-setting in a fitness program, Bolt is a great daily fitness log and exercise journal all-in-one. Use Bolt as your fitness planner to create custom routines on-the-go, or log notes and fitness tips for each exercise. No more pen and paper getting lost in your gym bag, Bolt is the workout journal your need for keeping track of your weight training.
Next time start your workout with one of the most intuitive fitness apps for building muscle mass and getting toned on iPhone. Workout with intention. Workout with ease. Workout with Bolt.
2. Fitbod Workout & Fitness Plans
“Get stronger, lose weight or gain muscle mass with Fitbod! When you hit your gym or living room, Fitbod’s innovative training algorithm will guide you through the right sets, reps, and weight to reach your fitness goals.
◆ A personalized plan designed to push your limits:
To build your custom-fit workout, Fitbod’s powerful technology understands your strength-training ability, studies your past workouts and adapts to your available gym equipment.
Between workouts, your training plan will maximize fitness gains by intelligently varying intensity (weight) and volume (sets/reps) between sessions. No muscle group is left behind in your personalized training plan.
◆ Grasp and master new strength-building exercises:
Fitbod keeps your gym sessions fresh and fun by mixing up your workouts with new exercises and maximizing the use of your available equipment.
For beginner strength-trainers, find the confidence to try new resistance exercises and gym equipment. Learn the correct movements from over 400 HD Demonstration Videos
◆ Attain strength-training achievements as you reach your personal exercise records.
Heroic performances happen all the time, and we wanted to recognize them by showcasing your personal bests as Fitbod Achievements.
◆ With Apple Watch, see your training plan at a glance, easily track your progress and stay focused while at the gym.
◆ Get workouts that match General Conditioning, Strength-Training, Muscle Tone, Bodybuilding, Powerlifting or Olympic Weightlifting.
◆ View your workout impact on a body heat map.
◆ Calories burned for each workout.
WHY IT WORKS:
Fitbod has been fine-tuned by certified personal trainers to bring the best-practices of strength-training to you. These best practices include:
◆ Individualization – Superior results are achieved by tailoring the workout program to your unique body, experience, environment and goals.
◆ Balance – Muscles improve when working in concert with the entire muscular system. Overworking some sets of muscle while underworking others can negatively impact results. Fitbod designs well-balanced workout routines.
◆ Variation – Mixing up muscle groups, exercises, sets, reps and weight over time serves to strengthen the musculoskeletal system and keep the body sharp.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION:
Sync your Fitbod workouts with Apple Health (activate in Fitbod Settings -> Connected Apps).
STRAVA & FITBIT INTEGRATION!
◆ Subscription Details:
Become an Elite member to unlock unlimited logged workouts. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at either $9.99 per month or $59.99 per year. You can manage your Elite subscription by visiting the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase an Elite subscription.
California Privacy Rights: https://www.fitbod.me/ccpa-privacy-policy
Join the Fitbod Community:
3. Strength Training & Gym Log
“Daily Strength is a gym workout planner and tracker that makes it easy for you to log and track your weight lifting workouts. Create your own gym workout plans and routines by selecting from an extensive list of exercises such as bench press, barbell squat, deadlift, and a variety of dumbbell, barbell and olympic exercises. The workout tracker also contains built in gym workout plans that you can easily get started on. Some workout schedules included are Stronglifts, 5×5, Madcow, Push Pull Legs (PPL), Starting Strength and much more. Training with weights has never been easier.
When you create your gym workout plans and log your weight lifting workouts, the workout planner will help you visualize your progress. You can view one rep max charts of the major compound exercises like bench press, barbell squat, and deadlift.
It has been proven that by tracking your weight lifting workouts you will be able to increase your bench press, barbell squat, and deadlift significantly.
Here is why many people doing weight lifting and powerlifting use Daily Strength:
Start logging a workout immediately
– Add exercises as you go and log the reps and weights
– Easy to use exercise tracker that’s quicker than using pen and paper and spreadsheet
– Add supersets, trisets, and giant sets to your gym workout
– Add notes to your sets and workouts
– Plate calculator
Built in workout schedules
– Beginner workout schedules like StrongLifts 5×5 and Ice Cream Fitness
– Advanced workout schedules like Madcow 5×5, PHUL, and PHAT
– Workout schedules that allow you to build muscle, burn fat, and build strength
– Everything from powerlifting, bodybuilding, weight training, and strength training workout schedules
– A gym trainer that is catered to your fitness goals
Build your own workout schedule
– Library of 300+ gym exercises with images and instructions included to add to your workout schedule
– Workout gym exercises such as barbell squats, bench press, barbell rows, and deadlifts
– Customize sets and reps for each exercise in your workout schedule
– Add individual rest times for each exercise in your workout
– Group exercises into supersets, trisets, and giant sets
– Allows you to create workout schedules like 5×5, 3×5, 1×3, Starting Strength, German Volume Training, and Crossfit workouts
– Perfect for people doing powerlifting and bodybuilding who want to take their strength training and weight training to the next level
During a workout session
– The workout app will allow you to easily log the reps and weights of each set
– A rest timer appears making sure you are taking an appropriate amount of rest
– You will be able to see the last performance of the set you are doing
– Focus on beating your personal records and making those bodybuilding, strength training, and weight training gains
– Your personal gym guide and personal trainer giving you instructions on how to perform the exercises
– After completing each set the exercise tracker will show a rest timer
– Workout timer notification pops up when you navigate away from the workout app
Track your progression
– Track how much time spent in the gym and which muscle groups are targeted
– Detailed workout charts and workout graphs
– Track your one rep max for powerlifting, strength training, and weight training
– A list of all your gym logs in one organized place
– Allows you to perform a workout session again and fills in your workout log automatically
Connect to Apple Health
– Share all your workout sessions and body measurements logged to Apple Health”
4. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service
5. StrongLifts Weight Lifting Log
Here’s what StrongLifters say:
▸ “Best fitness app I have used (and yes, I tried most of them)”
▸ “Much more user friendly than other apps that complicate things”
▸ “I love this app because it does all the thinking for me so I can focus on lifting”
▸ “Simple, easy-to-use. Least amounts of tapping necessary to log your workouts”
▸ “So Helpful. We use it every time we lift at home. We’d be lost without this app!!”
▸ “Been using for years. Simple and effective. I’ve gotten stronger and much better at my form.”
▸ “Best app for making strength gains. Super simple to use. Delete your other apps this is it!”
▸ “Using this for 4 years. Tried other apps but can never stick to it like I do with StrongLifts”
▸ “Built to be used easily. Just download and check it out and you will understand!”
Simple and Easy to Use
√ Clean and intuitive interface
√ Minimal amount of taps to log workouts
√ Quickly log reps and sets in the gym without typing
√ Not complicated and bloated like most workout apps
√ Created by a powerlifter who understands lifting
All Thinking, Tracking and Planning Done for You
√ Keeps track of progress for you
√ Tells you what to do next workout
√ Auto-increases the weights for you
√ Takes all thinking out of going to the gym
√ Just follow what StrongLifts says
√ Focus more on your workout
√ Proven principles of Progressive Overload
√ Automatic weight increases so you push yourself
√ Free StrongLifts 5×5 Strength Training Program
√ Videos and instructions to improve your form
√ Easy to stick to and stay on track
√ Simple, easy to use, clean interface
√ Free StrongLifts 5×5 Strength Training Program
√ Automatic weight increases to push yourself
√ Automatic deload to help you break plateaus
√ Automatic deload after time off lifting
√ Automatic rest-timer to stay focused
√ Workout scheduler to plan workouts
√ History to review your progress
√ Graphs to stay motivated
√ Notes to remember things to work on
√ Sync workouts with Apple Health
√ Support for lb and kg weight units
√ Automatic backup of workout data
√ Log any strength training and weight lifting routine
√ Create your own workouts, exercises, and sets/reps
√ +100 exercises to pick from – barbell, body-weight, dumbbell, etc
√ +100 exercise videos with instructions to learn proper form
√ Warmup calculator: how much weight to warmup with
√ Plate calculator: which plates to put on the bar
√ Ramp sets, pyramid sets, top/back off sets, etc
√ Pay a monthly or yearly subscription. Or pay once for lifetime access.
√ Log your entire workout on Apple Watch
√ Receive rest period timer notifications
√ Sync workouts with Apple Health
√ Leave your phone in the locker
The Best Weight Lifting App
√ Featured by Apple many times, including in TV ads
√ Best-rated weight lifting tracker in USA – 4.9 stars, +50k reviews
√ 3.4+ million lifters started their strength journey with StrongLIfts
√ 191+ billion pounds lifted by StrongLifters since 2011
▸ Guide: https://stronglifts.com/5×5/
▸ Help: http://support.stronglifts.com
▸ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
▸ Privacy: https://stronglifts.com/mobile-privacy-policy/
▸ Terms: https://stronglifts.com/terms/
▸ Download StrongLifts today
▸ Enter your profile, schedule and strength level
▸ StrongLifts will calculate your starting weights for you
▸ Then log your workouts, and start getting results!”