If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Ableton to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best iPhone Apps For Ableton that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best iPhone Apps For Ableton, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best iPhone Apps For Ableton
1. LK – for Ableton Live & Midi
“LK is a flexible remote control application for use with music software and hardware, providing a wide range of features and functionality to enhance the production and live performance of electronic music.
LK offers tight integration with Ableton Live using our free UBRIDGE desktop application, providing access and control of Ableton Live projects, with both wired and wireless connection options. LK has extensive MIDI capabilities too, allowing for communication and control of any MIDI compliant software or hardware, even apps running on the same device thanks to virtual MIDI support and AUv3 integration too.
LK is split into six unique modules, each available as a separate in-app purchase, offering great value that you can tailor to your specific needs.
See what’s inside:
– Control almost every aspect on Ableton Live, clips, tracks, devices and much more with MATRIX. You can also sequence MIDI hardware and software with the MATRIX module in MIDI mode. This powerful module has a built-in clip launcher and composer. It allows you to create multiple tracks and scenes and play clips in sync with time.
– Get the MPC feel on your touchscreen with PADS, featuring an arpeggiator and a chorder. When working in Ableton Live mode it automatically maps drum rack pad names to each pad on the app – never miss a pad again. Use it in MIDI mode to quickly play other synth apps.
– Extensive control of 128 parameters with CONTROLLER. Use knobs, faders, buttons and pads to control MIDI hardware, desktop and mobile DAWs – now with the power of AUv3 integration too.
– Three dimensional parameter tweaking with X/Y PAD. This module can work with CC or NOTE events. In CC mode, a CC can be assigned per axis. In NOTE mode, X is pitch, Y is velocity and Z is Note ON/ Note OFF.
– Play chords like you have never played before with the CHORDER module. Use this chord generator to build chords and lay them out according to your needs.
– Keyboard features a 3-axis expression capabilities. It is fully customisable to scale and keyboard range. It also allows the possibility of mapping any Live or MIDI CC parameters to be controlled by the position you play in each of the keys of the keyboard thus providing additional expression to the performance of each note.
LK is also capable of connecting with USB MIDI interfaces which allows you to interact with external gear.
To connect LK to your host computer you will need to download and install a free software utility called UBRIDGE on your computer. It is available for Windows and OSX and it can be downloaded from Imaginando website.
For detailed operation information and requirements please visit https://www.imaginando.pt/products/lk/help”
“miRack is a Eurorack-style modular environment. It aims to provide user experience and audio quality close to those of the real Eurorack hardware. miRack can be used to build custom synthesizers and effects, control other apps and equipment, as a playground to explore and learn modular synths, and for live performances.
miRack is also available on iOS devices.
* Comes with more than 700 modules created by third-party developers and adapted for mobile devices by miRack team. New modules are added regularly.
* AUv3 plugin for DAWs supporting v3 audio units, including GarageBand, Logic Pro and Reaper and other. Can work as an instrument or audio effect. Supports parameter automation to record and automate changes of almost any virtual module control. Legacy AU and VST plugins for all other DAWs are available as separate downloads, visit mirack.app for details.
* Multi-channel audio input and output (in both standalone and AUv3 modes), with full support for Expert Sleepers audio interface modules to integrate with hardware Eurorack equipment.
* MIDI input and output, including MIDI clock sync, and MIDI learn function. Automate and control your patch, or control other software and hardware instruments with powerful sequencer modules.
* Ableton Link support to synchronise with other music software on the same device or over network.
* iCloud support to sync patches between iOS and macOS app versions.
* Visit patchstorage.com/platform/mirack for inspiration and to share your patches.”
3. touchAble Pro
Eight years ago touchAble defined what a touch controller app for Live could do. touchAble Pro has been reimagined and recoded from the ground up, incorporating years of feedback from musicians at every level.
touchAble Pro provides a cleaner interface, allows much more powerful customisation and gives you the deepest access possible to Ableton Live.
From waveform views to editors to automations – with touchAble Pro, you now have the complete Ableton Live experience literally at your fingertips. You can perform and edit without ever touching a mouse, you can customize your experience to access exactly the controls you need to edit or play. You’ll gain complete control that’s as portable as the smartphone, tablet or laptop you’re carrying with you.
– Audio clip view with waveforms, including side-by-side waveform view
– Edit patterns easier and faster than ever with the new piano roll view
– Draw and edit Clip-Automations
– Templates for Live devices are now included at no added cost
– Create your own custom Device Templates for M4L or Live Devices, VSTs & AUs
– Access a tracks I/O right from the app.
– Make your own Device templates, with complete support for third-party plug-ins and Max for Live (IAP – soon to come)
– Build your own complete custom layouts with the overhauled Template Editor
– Make performance-friendly templates that include focus on individual clips and scenes, custom controls and even full modules.
– New layout options: view modules fullscreen or duplicate them side by side
– For iPhone & iPad (Universal)
touchAble lets you access all of Ableton Live via simple, robust connections, either wired or wireless, and provides access to nearly every aspect of the software. touchAble Pro builds on that support with an updated interface for all of the features that made touchAble popular:
– Control the transport, metronome, cues, and quantization
– Trigger clips and scenes and control looping
– Arm, mute, and solo tracks
– Adjust monitoring
– Mix, pan, crossfade, and control sends and returns
– Play instruments with grid or piano-style layouts, with scales, note repeat, aftertouch, and velocity (based on finger position)
– Control device parameters, using faders or assignable X/Y pad modules
– X/Y Pad: assign physics, make and morph snapshots or even record full gestures
– Navigate Live’s Browser, and drag and drop Devices and samples
Please find the Server and installation instructions on
Requires iOS 9.3
Requires the latest version of Ableton Live 9 or 10
Introduction: https://youtu.be/H6EnpjfztNw (Youtube)
Features: https://youtu.be/R4_GRVPbDn8 (Youtube)
Multiplatform demo: https://youtu.be/-NPXlJcyELY (Youtube)”