If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Architects to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the Best iPhone Apps For Architects that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the Best iPhone Apps For Architects, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
Best iPhone Apps For Architects
Take the power of AutoCAD® software wherever you go! The AutoCAD mobile app is a DWG viewing and editing application, with easy-to-use drawing and drafting tools. View, markup, edit, and create DWG files on your smartphone or tablet – anytime, anywhere. Simplify your client meetings and construction site visits with the most powerful CAD app and do real CAD work on the go.
Download the FREE 7-day trial: Enjoy unrestricted access to all premium drawing, drafting and editing tools.
Current AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT desktop subscribers: Sign in with your Autodesk account to unlock all premium features for FREE.
AutoCAD mobile is accurate, fast, and offers an abundance of features. Upload and open 2D DWG drawings and view all aspects of your DWG file, including external references (Xrefs) and layers. The app works with AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT on your desktop, so you can extend your workflow across platforms. Easily access data and DWGs from your desktop, web browser, and mobile device. You can even work offline without an internet connection, taking your CAD drawings with you in the field and beyond.
An ideal CAD app for architects, engineers, construction professionals, field technicians and contractors. Easy to use as a DWG editor and viewer, regardless of CAD experience.
– View and edit DWG files from device storage, email, or external cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box
– Create new CAD drawings on the fly
– CAD editor – Modify and markup AutoCAD drawings in real time
– Measure accurately while on construction sites
– Select, move, rotate, and scale objects
– Draw and edit shapes with accuracy using object snap
– Work offline and sync your changes once back online
– Manage layers – create new layers, edit layer colors, and lock, rename or delete layers
– Blocks – move and duplicate existing blocks
– Includes priority email support
– Be more productive in the field by working with the latest drawings
– Safeguard drawings in your included free Autodesk account or with your own external accounts
– Collaborate in real time and reduce mistakes and re-work
– Replace blueprints at job sites with drawings on your mobile device
– Work seamlessly across platforms – from desktop to mobile and back to desktop
Upgrade to Premium or Ultimate to maintain access to all editing tools.
AutoCAD mobile app subscription plans are available in the following options:
– Premium monthly for $4.99
– Premium annual for $49.99 (save $9.89 vs. monthly subscription)
– Ultimate annual for $99.99
– Included free with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT subscriptions
– Available free for Student Autodesk accounts
All new users automatically get a free trial of the Premium version for 7 days.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
Stay connected! Follow us on:
2. Sun Seeker – Tracker & Compass
“Sunseeker is a comprehensive solar tracking & compass app. It shows the sun’s hourly direction intervals, its equinox, winter & summer solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times, sun shadow, the golden hour & more. The app allows you to add sun-event notifications & has a widget showing the day’s solar data & position on an arc. The surveyor view shows the solar direction for each sunlight hour. Sunseeker has both a flat compass view & a 3D Augmented Reality (AR) view to show the solar position & path.
The app is useful for –
▶ Photographers- to plan according to the golden hour or blue hour & optimal sunlight conditions, sunrise & sunset times & directions.
▶ Cinematographers- this sun tracker & sun surveyor enables you to find the sun exposure, directions, sun shadow & sunrise sunset times for any location.
▶ Real Estate Buyers- can use the app before buying a property to check the sun path & to find the sun exposure of properties.
▶ Drivers – Sunseeker lets you track the sun path & movement during the days & helps drivers know the sun position to find how long the car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot.
▶ Campers & Picnickers- for anyone planning a day out, Sunseeker app will help in finding where to camp, sit or pitch an umbrella depending on the sunlight & sun direction.
▶ Gardeners- Sun Seeker can also help with finding optimal planting locations & seasonal sunlight hours as a sun rise calendar
▶ Architects & Surveyors- for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year & using the compass app as a sun surveyor & calendar to determine the sunlight directions.
* Sunseeker is a sun locator which uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct solar position & sun path for your current location.
* Flat compass view shows current solar position, diurnal solar angle & elevation (separated into day & night segments), sun shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D augmented reality (AR) camera overlay view shows the sun’s current position, its path with hour points marked. Check golden hour using this feature!
* Camera view has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun & help you with sun direction.
* Map view shows solar direction arrows, sun path & elevations for each hour of the day.
* Choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. You can view sunset & sunrise times for each day as well.
* Choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, as well as a comprehensive online map search capability)
* Get additional details including sun rise, sunset & culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods & events, such as golden hour or blue hour, various twilight & shadow periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* This sun rise calendar app allows the user to include equinox, summer & winter solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view.
Sun Seeker app has been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites & publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. “Truly amazing”, “Incredible”, “Brilliant” – the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality – ever!
Check out our YouTube video here: https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Simply search YouTube for “Sun Seeker app” to find many videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users
* See https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2 – also easily accessible from the app’s info screen
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use. See app’s FAQs for more help.”