If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Kids to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best iPhone Apps For Kids that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best iPhone Apps For Kids, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best iPhone Apps For Kids
1. Learn to Read – Duolingo ABC
From preschool to first grade, engage kids with interactive stories and over 700 hands-on lessons. Duolingo ABC offers bite-sized lessons to help kids learn the alphabet, phonics, sight words, vocabulary, and more! Lessons also include multi-sensory activities, such as tracing, drag-and-drop prompts and more.
Interactive stories will teach kids to read and build fluency. Delightful stories include engaging imagery while reading words aloud to kids and highlighting each word spoken. This utilizes multi-sensory learning, and can help your child learn to read independently.
Fun mini games and rewards work in tandem with the bite-sized lessons, keeping kids motivated to learn while building their confidence.
Duolingo ABC helps kids have fun while they sound out words, practice reading and writing in English, and build reading literacy skills for a lifetime!!
DUOLINGO ABC FEATURES:
Lessons & Stories:
– Engage kids in hands-on learning they will love!
– New lessons are added often, so there is always something new to discover!
– Bite-sized lessons help kids learn phonics, sight words & vocabulary
– Enjoy fun activities like letter tracing and interactive stories, suitable for even the youngest learners
– Kids will love, play and learn from Duolingo ABC’s cast of characters!
Designed For Kids, By Experts:
– Designed by literacy & early-education experts to develop kids’ skills in phonics, sight words, reading & more
– Lessons are built to feel like a game, mixing learning with fun!
– Get children excited to learn with mini games & rewards to stay motivated and keep going
– Thoughtfully designed learning sequences will build confidence in your kids with each success!
Kid-Safe & Ad-Free
– Rest easy, parents: There are no ads or in-app purchases to worry about
– Age appropriate content: content is focused on preschool, kindergarten and first grade level lessons
– On a plane? At a restaurant? Duolingo ABC can be used anytime, anywhere
– Enjoy playing and learning offline – so kids can learn wherever you go
Duolingo ABC is an educational learning app that offers immersive lessons to teach preschool to first grade kids reading fundamentals.
Terms of Service: https://www.duolingo.com/terms”
2. Sago Mini Airport
Watch the bags go by on the conveyor belt, check your belongings through the security x-ray, grab a snack at the vending machines or hang out at the indoor playground. When it’s time for takeoff, head out onto the runway and pick your ride – are you team helicopter or jumbo jet? Bon voyage!
Spend your layover exploring all the unique areas of the airport. Just like in real life, visit the arrivals gate, security checkpoint, food court, indoor playground, baggage carousel, airplane runway and much more. Each area has dozens of movable objects and surprises to uncover!
MEET THE FAMILY
Brand new characters like Jinja’s Grandma Nola, Jack’s nieces and nephews Buff, Fluff and Muff and Harvey’s uncle Jasper have come to wish you bon voyage! And don’t think we’d let Fins miss out on the fun – we’ve built him a special robot suit so he can vacation on land with his pals.
ADORABLE DETAILS AND FUN SURPRISES
Your Sago Mini friends travel in style with their custom luggage – can you guess whose bag is whose? Be sure to visit security next, where a working x-ray examines whatever you place on the belt in real time! Suffering from some pre-flight jitters? Shake it off at the indoor playground or grab a surprise treat at the vending machines.
Love the open-ended play of Airport? Check out our other Sago Mini Playsets: Farm, Big City and Zoo.
• Explore unique locations like the security gate, indoor playground, runway, arrival gate, baggage carousel and much more
• Meet new characters and uncover dozens of fun surprises and props
• Fly your own propeller plane, helicopter or jumbo jet on the runway
• Ideal for toddlers and preschoolers, ages 2-5
• Whimsical artwork and custom sound design
• Play wherever you are – without WI-FI or Internet
• Safe and kid-friendly – no in-app purchases or third-party advertising, play without any interruptions!
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. We make apps and toys for preschoolers worldwide. Toys that seed imagination and grow wonder. We bring thoughtful design to life. For kids. For parents. For giggles.”
3. YouTube Kids
“A video app made just for kids
YouTube Kids was created to give kids a more contained environment filled with family-friendly videos on all different topics, igniting your kids’ inner creativity and playfulness. Parents and caregivers can guide the journey as your kids discover new and exciting interests along the way. Learn more at youtube.com/kids
A safer online experience for kids
We work hard to keep the videos on YouTube Kids family-friendly and use a mix of automated filters built by our engineering teams, human review, and feedback from parents to protect our youngest users online. But no system is perfect and inappropriate videos can slip through, so we’re constantly working to improve our safeguards and offer more features to help parents create the right experience for their families.
Customize your child’s experience with Parental Controls
Limit screen time: Set a time limit for how long your kids can watch and help encourage their transition from watching to doing.
Keep up with what they watch: Simply check the watch it again page and you’ll always know what they’ve watched and the newest interests they’re exploring.
Blocking: Don’t like a video? Block the video or whole channel, and never see it again.
Flagging: You can always alert us to inappropriate content by flagging a video for review. Flagged videos are reviewed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Create individual experiences as unique as your kids
Create up to eight kid profiles, each with their own viewing preferences, video recommendations, and settings. Choose from “Approved Content Only” mode or select an age category that fits your child, “Preschool”, “Younger”, or “Older”.
Select the “Approved Content Only” mode if you want to handpick the videos, channels and/or collections that you’ve approved your child to watch. In this mode, kids won’t be able to search for videos. The “Preschool” Mode designed for kids 4 and under curates videos that promote creativity, playfulness, learning, and exploration. The “Younger” Mode allows kids 5-8 to explore their interests in a wide variety of topics including songs, cartoons, and crafts. While our “Older” Mode gives kids 9 and up the chance to search and explore additional content such as popular music and gaming videos for kids.
All kinds of videos for all kinds of kids
Our library is filled with family-friendly videos on all different topics, igniting your kids’ inner creativity and playfulness. It’s everything from their favorite shows and music to learning how to build a model volcano (or make slime ;-), and everything in between.
Other important information:
Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your kid.
YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your kid may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads.The Privacy Notice for Google Accounts managed with Family Link describes our privacy practices when your kid uses YouTube Kids with their Google Account. When your kid uses YouTube Kids without signing into their Google Account, the YouTube Kids Privacy Notice applies.”