If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Lawyers to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone Apps For Lawyers that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone Apps For Lawyers, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone Apps For Lawyers
1. Black’s Law Dictionary 10th Ed
“For more than a century, Black’s Law Dictionary® has been the gold standard for the language of law. Today, it’s the most widely cited law book in the world. By Editor in Chief Bryan A. Garner, the 10th Edition is the most comprehensive law dictionary ever published. It contains more than 50,000 terms, including more than 16,000 new definitions.
• More than 50,000 terms, including 7,500 more terms than the 9th Edition
• More than twice as many sources quoted and cited than the 9th Edition
• Earliest usage dates in English-language contexts provided for nearly all terms – the only legal dictionary with this feature
• More than 1,000 definitions of law-related abbreviations and acronyms
• Trusted authority – every term has been reviewed for accuracy by nearly 300 attorneys from across the country
• Pronunciation guidance, including audio pronunciations for over 7,000 terms
• Thoroughly reviewed and edited Latin maxims, with 900 new maxims added
New in the 10th Edition
• “Did You Mean” search functionality
o spell checker functionality provides alternative suggestions for misspelled search terms
• Define in Black’s
o define words within definition text by selecting a word and tapping Define in Black’s
• Enhanced linking
o link to subentries and cross-references from a search result, within a definition, and between definitions
o link to Westlaw® content via the WestlawNext® iPad® app
• Word of the Day
o audio pronunciation available on all Word of the Day entries
o link to full definition from Word of the Day tab
o history slider on Word of the Day tab provides quick navigation to previous Word of the Day entries
o track viewed definitions and sort by date or alphabetical order
• Intuitive structure, formatted for easy reading and navigation”
“Where do the world’s smartest people get their ideas? From great books & podcasts! Blinkist transforms the key insights of 5,000+ bestselling nonfiction books & popular podcasts into powerful explainers you can read or listen to in 15 minutes.
Over 20 million users use us as a tool on the most valuable & challenging journey known: reaching their potential.
GET THE KEY INSIGHTS FROM 5,000+ BESTSELLING NONFICTION BOOKS & PODCASTS
• Blinks: Read & listen to insights from top titles in 15 min
• Shortcasts: Get to the heart of popular podcasts in 15 min
• Sharpen your professional skills with the best business books & podcasts
• Grow with the most impactful self-improvement titles & shows
• Discover new perspectives with bestsellers on economics, science, history & culture
• Find inspiration with the latest trends & ideas in your professional field
ENJOY BOTH AUDIO & TEXT
• Listen to audible versions of our book insights to easily fit learning into your day
• Create your personal audio book library to customize your learning experience
• Learn hands-free at the gym, in the car, or doing chores with Autoplay
• Download book & podcast key insights, audiobooks to listen offline
SAVE UP TO 65% ON FULL-LENGTH AUDIOBOOKS
• Get access to 5000+ of nonfiction audiobooks at a special discounted price
• Listen to audiobooks like “Sapiens”, “The Art of War” or “The 5 AM Club”
ENJOY PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS & EXPERT-CURATED LISTS
• Always know what to read or listen to next—we’ll suggest titles based on your interests & history
• Discover new ideas & find motivation with suggested books curated by experts
BENEFIT FROM A HUMAN TOUCH
• Focus only on top nonfiction books—our editorial team carefully selects every book
• Listen to Shortcasts created with the podcast creators for exclusive insights
• Enjoy lovingly written summaries of key ideas by experts with a passion for explaining complex topics in simple, beautiful language
LEARN THE WAY SCIENCE INTENDED
• Thanks to a format based on neuroscientific research you’ll quickly make headway
• Understand easily through crystal clear language & short, powerful content
Get right to the heart of popular podcasts & hidden gems with our exclusive Shortcasts—15min key insights from podcasts produced in collaboration with podcast creators!
IN THE PRESS
“Blinkist is an intriguing new app that encourages you to read more nonfiction books… It’s a fun and fascinating way to discover new and interesting topics” -The New York Times
“There is no such thing as too much knowledge. If you would like to expand your horizons, but don’t have the time to read, Blinkist is a speedy and convenient way of learning” -TheNextWeb
“Blinkist offers a terrific service—great ideas distilled down to their very essence. For those of us who are deeply curious about new ideas on success, happiness, innovation, progress and more, it’s a great start.” -Forbes
“The audio feature is an awesome way to dive into a book while folding laundry or cooking a meal.” -BuzzFeed
HOW IT WORKS:
Getting started is simple. Download the Blinkist app now & sign up for a free 7-day trial. We have monthly & annual plans available.
With Blinkist Premium you’ll have access to:
• 5,000+ key insight summaries
• audible versions of all book key insights
• full-length audiobooks at a special member price
• personalized recommendations from the Blinkist editors
• all formats audible offline: book & podcast key insights, plus audiobooks
• a send-to-Kindle feature
• syncing your highlights with Evernote
If you choose the Blinkist Basic plan you can still read 1 title selected by us, every day. Ready to make headway? Download Blinkist today!
Questions? Suggestions? Speak to a real person at Blinkist! Our trusty customer support team is just an email away—simply write to firstname.lastname@example.org”
3. Clio for Law Firms and Lawyers
“The Clio Mobile App lets you stay profitable and productive by accessing essential case and client information remotely. Update case statuses, communicate with clients and firm members, and review, share, or upload documents all from the palm of your hand.
Log in with your Clio Manage credentials.
CAPTURE AND BILL FOR MORE TIME—Track billable and non-billable time on the spot.
・Increase profitability with time-tracking tools, expenses categories, and custom billing rates.
REMOTE WORK MADE EASY— Quickly access client, case, and calendar information wherever you are.
・Stay on top of your day with a dynamic calendar and task lists.
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH CLIENTS–Manage client communications and securely message clients.
・Get instantly notified when a client messages you and respond directly from the app.
INDUSTRY LEADING SECURITY—Approved by over 60 global bar associations and legal societies.
・Don’t risk losing important paper files or exposing client data by securely storing client and case data in the cloud.”
4. Evernote – Notes Organizer
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can stay productive on the go. Tackle your to-do list with Tasks, connect your Google Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, and see your most relevant information quickly with a customizable Home dashboard.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, and to-do lists.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, docs, PDFs, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Use your camera to scan and organize paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, and handwritten notes.
• Manage your to-do list with Tasks—set due dates and reminders, so you never miss a deadline.
• Connect Evernote and Google Calendar to bring your schedule and your notes together.
• See your most relevant information instantly on the Home dashboard.
• Create separate notebooks to organize receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote’s powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Keep a journal to keep your thoughts organized.
• Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Bring people, projects, and ideas together with shared Spaces.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments so you don’t miss important details.
• Create notebooks for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create and manage tasks
• Connect one Google Calendar account
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• 20 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create, manage, and assign tasks
• Connect multiple Google Calendar accounts
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Home dashboard – Full customization
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote’s Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms”
5. GoodReader PDF Editor & Viewer
In the modern app business, it’s not easy to stay relevant that long. We’re proud to say that after 12 years and counting, we’ve been delivering wonderful updates with extraordinary new features. And we’re going to keep doing that!
GoodReader is a perfect combination of document-reading and file-managing capabilities. It’s your one-stop shop for all your document needs on your iOS device.
Use the app once, and you’ll be hooked. Soon you’ll be wondering how you ever managed to work without it.
-= File Reading =-
PDF, TXT, MS Office, iWork, HTML, pictures, music & audio-books, videos. This is what you can view in GoodReader, plus you can also annotate PDF files and edit TXT files.
-= PDF Reading and Annotating =-
PDF files is where GoodReader truly shines. Reading experience is so superior, it’s hard to describe. To rephrase one of our customers’ review, “try it, and you’ll see.” While you’re at it, give our PDF Reflow feature a try. You’ll be surprised how much better PDF reading goes when you don’t have to scroll left/right all the time, for every single line of text.
Annotating PDFs is another star feature of our app. Adding notes and drawings, highlighting text, and then sharing your annotated files or annotation summaries will be your main productivity and collaboration asset.
-= File Management =-
While reading files is a big part of GoodReader, it’s not all it can do. It can also serve as a central hub for all your files, even those that can’t be opened by GoodReader itself. It’s like bringing your personal computer experience to your mobile device — easily managing huge collections of files and folders will make you forget you don’t have your laptop around.
-= Connecting =-
Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP — these are all accessible from inside GoodReader. Download, upload, and sync (*) individual files or huge folder collections.
-= Security =-
With GoodReader, your data security steps up to the level previously only dreamt of. With Pro Pack® (*), our new set of professional-level super-features, you’ll get AES-256, a military-grade encryption, for all your data, at a price of a cup of coffee! And it’s completely independent from the built-in Apple’s Data Protection, so even if a hacker steals and unlocks your device, your data will still be protected by another strong layer of security, our own.
-= Split-Screen =-
This wonderful feature allows you to split (*) an iPad screen in half, to read two files side-by-side. And even two different parts of the same file!
(*): This feature requires a subscription to Pro Pack®, sold separately from inside the app as an in-app purchase.”
6. KLW Kaplan Leaman & Wolfe
“Welcome to the Kaplan Leaman & Wolfe Court Reporting & Litigation Support EZ-Litigation App. The App will enable attorneys and legal support staff to accomplish many tasks on-the-go, straight from a smartphone.
The App supports everything from downloading transcripts and scheduling a court reporter to paying bills and viewing our vast array of services for your court reporting and litigation support needs. We hope you enjoy it!”
7. Speak & Translate – Translator
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS:
* Brand new Apple Watch App
* New Snap Mode: Just snap a picture of any text or object you want translated!
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support – real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don’t know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed
Note: The Free version may be subject to limitations (ex. number of daily translations) and the limitations are subject to change.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft®. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between:
Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canadian, Indian, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between:
Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
Get Speak & Translate Premium and enjoy:
– Unlimited translations
– Offline mode for text translations
– Ads-free translation experience
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
Speak and Translate Premium
1-month Subscription- $5.99
1-year Subscription- $69.99
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.