If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Nutrition to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone Apps For Nutrition that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone Apps For Nutrition, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone Apps For Nutrition
1. Cronometer · Nutrition Tracker
“Cronometer’s nutrition & calorie tracker is here to support you reach your health or weight loss goals. Cronometer helps you develop healthy habits by encouraging you to not just focus on counting calories but on your nutrition as a whole.
Cronometer is different from other diet apps and food trackers in that all food submitted by users to our database is checked for accuracy by our staff.
When you log your meals, you can track all your macronutrients with Cronometer’s macro tracker, as well as up to 82 micronutrients!
Join the thriving and growing community of over 5 million users to get tips and inspiration to help you on your health journey.
Our free app provides an extensive list of features to get you started towards reaching your goals. Our premium ‘Gold’ subscription is not only ad-free but also unlocks several additional features such as our Target Scheduler, Recipe Importer, Custom Diary Groups, a Fasting Timer, plus much more!
As a free user, you will gain access to more nutritional info than any other app:
• Log your food & exercises with our accurate database
• Keep track of your water intake
• Scan food labels with our barcode scanner
• Add custom foods & recipes
• Track your calories, protein, carbs, cholesterol & more
• Track your nutrient intake
• Log your supplements
• Easily log the foods you eat at popular restaurants
When you join our premium Gold subscription, you will unlock the following features:
• Ad free
• Recipe Importer
• Target Scheduler
• Create Custom diary groups like breakfast, lunch & dinner
• Timestamps on diary entries
• Fasting timer
• Create custom charts & biometrics
• Get more nutrition insights
• Gain valuable insight with food suggestions
• Discover top contributors of nutrients with our Nutrient Oracle
• Share custom recipes with friends & family
• Priority customer service support
• Affordable plans
Customize Cronometer for your health goals:
• Get intermittent fasting support with our fasting timer
• Log your Body Mass Index (BMI), Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), activity level, body fat %
• Create your own weight goal
• Create nutrient & macronutrient targets
• Keto Calculator & Keto Nutrition Scores
• Supports diets like Keto, Vegan, Paleo & more
• Integrates with activity trackers: Fitbit, Garmin, Withings, Polar, Strava, Qardio, Oura
• Syncs with Keto-Mojo ketone & glucose meter and Biosense ketone breath monitor
• iOS Home Screen Widget now available to see your Cronometer data at a glance
• Sync nutrition data and activity levels with the Apple iOS Health App
• Sync with your Apple Watch by pulling data from the Apple iOS Health App
More reasons to join Cronometer:
• Connect with others who are taking control of their health in our Facebook Group and Community Forums
• The only nutrition tracker that provides accurate data
• Used and preferred by healthcare professionals
• Total data privacy and protection – we don’t sell your info to 3rd parties
• Dark mode
• Access unparalleled customer service from a friendly team who are here to help you reach your goals
You will have the option to upgrade to our Gold version at any time for:
• $7.99 USD / month
• $44.99 USD / annually = $3.75 per month
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
You can pick your subscription term – monthly or annual. Your subscription will AUTO-RENEW based on your chosen term and price above. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You can change or cancel your subscription under your iTunes Account settings.
2. Fooducate: Nutrition Coach
• Recommended by doctors, dietitians, fitness trainers, and personal coaches
• Apple’s Best of the iPhone Health & Fitness category
• 1st prize – US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
• Media praise: USAToday, NYTimes, Dr. Oz, Oprah, WSJ, ABC, FOX, etc.
THE BEST NUTRITION & HEALTH TRACKER
+ Log your food intake and exercise
+ See the quality of calories
+ Count your macros: protein, fats, carbs
+ Analyze your sugar intake
+ Track your sleep, mood, and hunger levels
+ Enter your recipes and instamagically & see their nutritional value!
+ Seamlessly integrated with Apple Health
– set your desired weight loss rate
– keto diet coach
– low-carb advice & carb management
– lower your cholesterol,
– discover foods for heart health
– eat to beat diabetes
– women’s health (pregnancy, lactation,PCOS)
– dietary goals (non processed foods, vegetarian)
– avoid MSG, HFCS, GMOs and other ingredients
– low FODMAP diet
– Gluten free and other allergens
(Note: some personalization features require a premium account)
EAT FOR HEALTH!
Fooducate analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. Scan to discover things manufacturers don’t want you to notice:
– added sugars
– artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
– trans fats
– high fructose corn syrup
– controversial food colorings
– GMO – genetical modified organisms (premium feature)
– additives and preservatives
– and more…
HUGE FOOD DATABASE
+ Scan hundreds of thousands of unique product barcodes
+ Get a personalized nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D) for each food
+ Get suggestions for healthier foods based on what you scan
THE BEST DIET ADVICE
+ health & diet tips from nutrition professionals
+ weight loss suggestions
+ Motivation, love & support from the community
***** “I lost 55 pounds with this app!”
***** “Eating healthy is the easy way to lose weight. Thanks Fooducate!”
***** “I am learning so many helpful new things about healthy eating.”
***** “Makes healthy food checking a breeze”
***** “Fooducate is undoubtedly the best weight loss coach I ever had.”
Health App integration:
– import your exercise & sleep data from other apps and devices
– export your meal nutrition data – calories, carbs, and more
—> KETO & Low-carb diet
—> Diabetes, kidney disease, heart health, and more
—> Paleo, vegan, vegetarian diet
—> GMO warnings
—> Weekly health & diet tips
—> Priority support
—> No ads.
Subscription options: monthly auto-renew, annual auto-renew, one-time purchase
* Gluten & Allergies
—> Gluten-free diet
—> Uncover gluten and allergens in your food
—> Choose allergen free alternatives
—> Includes gluten, milk, lactose, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, sesame, and corn.
—> Priority support.
Subscription options: monthly auto-renew, annual auto-renew, one-time purchase
* Diet Kickstart
* Pet Food
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. When your subscription ends, you can still use the app, without premium features
Our website: www.fooducate.com”
3. Freshbit: Weight Loss + Health
“Freshbit – The simple & powerful Calorie Counter and Carb Manager. Whether you’re trying to eat less sugar, lose weight via a Keto diet, or ensure you have a well-rounded diet with the right balance of macros & vitamins, we help you achieve your health goal. Freshbit helps you understand the impact of what you eat on your body as it’s always better to eat the right food than to take medicine or supplements. Freshbit, one of the highest 5-star rated Calorie Counter and Carb Manager apps, helps you become your healthiest version of you!
3 in one: Calorie Counter + Water Tracker + Exercise Log
• Don’t use three separate apps – calorie trackers, water trackers, and exercise logs. Use Freshbit’s powerful database and do all three at once. We have 300,000+ foods, 800+ exercises, and pre-set water amounts for you to choose from.
Track your steps
• Freshbit is integrated with Apple App (HealthKit) and Fitbit to help you track your daily steps.
Customize to your needs
• Set custom goals for your Keto or non-Keto diet plan, choose daily targets for calories, fat, protein, and carbs to reach your diet goals. Create your own foods, mix different foods & ingredients to create your own recipes. Track Net Carbs or Total Carbs. All of this can be configured within the app, to create a tailored experience just for you.
Super easy to use
• Striking the right balance between providing many powerful features while keeping things simple is what makes Freshbit different from all other Calorie Counter apps. We talk to our users daily and update the app frequently to make Freshbit Calorie Counter and Carb Manager as easy-to-use as possible.
Visualize your success
• All intake results have graphs, charts, or even emojis! to visualize your data and make numbers easy to understand for you. Foods have photos to help you search and find the right food. We turn boring data points into fun and colorful visuals, Calorie Counting, and tracking diets has never been this easy.
Ensure a well rounded-diet
• Being healthy isn’t just about eating fewer carbs and calories, it’s also about taking enough vitamins, minerals and other key nutrients your body needs. We track 20 different nutrients (Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, etc.) for every food to give you a comprehensive picture of what you eat.
Dozens of surprising features
• Use Freshbit’s Nutrient Guide to learn more about all 20 nutrients tracked in the app (what it is, what it’s good for, what happens if you take too much, …). Create custom daily/weekly reminders to help you stay on track. Use the shopping list to help your grocery shopping. Freshbit offers these features and more!
You talk, we listen! We consistently take feedback and update the app to provide a better experience to our users.
Data source for Dietary Recommendations: USA Dietary Guidelines 2020-2025 (Appendix 1) – https://health.gov/our-work/food-nutrition/current-dietary-guidelines
Terms of Service: https://caloriecalculator.ai/terms.html”
4. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
5. Lifesum: Healthy Eating
Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Reach your health and weight goals through better eating:
– Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
– Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
– Get a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
– Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
– Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
– Find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
– Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
– Easy tracking with barcode scanner and picture recognition
– Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
– Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
– Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetable, and seafood trackers
– Track your weight and waist measurements
– Save your favorites – create and save foods, recipes, meals, and exercises (limited)
– Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
– Widest variety of Diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein, etc.) and Meal Plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss, etc.) to choose from
– Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
– Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes, and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
– Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fiber, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, and cholesterol), so you know you’re hitting the daily recommendations
– Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
– Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fiber,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium,” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
– Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customized recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
– Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) – excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
– Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit and Runkeeper
– Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s next for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (3, 6, and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
7. Nutrients – Nutrition Facts
“Nutrients is nutrition at your fingertips! How much sugar is in an apple? How much potassium is in a banana? Discover nutrition facts on tens of thousands of foods complete with all vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats, fatty acids, sugars, sterols, and more compounds like caffeine.
Nutrients works completely offline with no internet required! Search our entire database of nearly 200,000 foods without using any data.
“After a heart attack, I really needed a good tool to determine the fat content of my diet. Nutrients has a comprehensive, well-tended, and ever-expanding database of nutrition info. It’s easy to search and attractively presented. Its built-in unit conversion ability makes it simple to compare servings of like amounts of diverse foods. Best app for this purpose I could find, and I looked at a bunch.”
▸ Literally a lifesaver by DanCasali
Create your own recipes! Add ingredients and select the serving size to get the most comprehensive list of nutrition facts for your recipes.
“Being a type 1 diabetic, I have to count carbs in everything I eat. This app has made it easier to look up the nutrition information on many foods. Truly an amazing app!! Every diabetic should have this app.”
▸ Great for diabetics by Diabeticfittie
Keep a record of the foods you eat every day! Nutrients features a new and improved food journal with a complete breakdown of your daily nutrition and options to change the specific daily values of each nutrient. Nutrients even syncs your journal to the Health app making it easy to see what nutrients you’re consuming with other apps.
“Finally an app that gives a complete nutritional breakdown of food. This holistic approach takes the focus off calories and back onto food as a whole. As a nutritionist, I highly recommend it to all my clients.”
▸ iPhone’s best food reference guide by The Shazmeister
Find foods highest in specific nutrients like vitamins and minerals. The nutrient browser sorts foods by the selected nutrient and food category. Find fruits with the highest amount of potassium or vegetables with the most iron. The combinations are endless!
“I am getting my bachelor’s in Nutrition and Dietetics so I am always looking up nutrition information. This is a beautiful, easy to use app that is full of nutritional information! I love it!”
▸ I love this app! by Evbaker92
Create your own list of favorite foods! Use this feature with the nutrient browser to find out which of your favorite foods are highest in specific nutrients such as vitamin A or iron.
“Great app! Especially to nutritionists, when a patient asks for some random ingredient we don’t know all its values! Works like a lucky charm!”
▸ Great! by Awesome short stories
Show and hide foods by categories such as hiding meats for vegetarians or dairy & eggs for vegans to customize Nutrients to your diet.
“This app is the best food app ever. It has never frozen on me and it is so informational. It helps my fiance and I keep healthy and buy the right foods.”
▸ Amazing!!! by Kana557
Search for Baked Foods, Beef, Beverages, Breakfast Cereals, Cereal Grains & Pasta, Dairy & Eggs, Fish & Shellfish, Fruits, Nuts & Seeds, Oils, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, Spices & Herbs, Vegetables and more in Nutrients!
“An embarrassment of riches! The most thorough and complete nutrition atlas I have ever seen! If you want to know what you eat I strongly suggest this great app!”
▸ Unreal! by Whatrix
Search for foods like “cooked salmon” or “egg whites” and perform unit conversions using natural language such as “tablespoons to 1/4 cup” or “cups in a gallon”.
“Love it! The update is amazing. Very informative app. Especially if you are trying to eat healthier or get more of one type of nutrient. You can eat more of that type of food.”
▸ Best app ever by Deen1stApps
Nutrition data is provided by the USDA.”