If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Surgeons to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Apps For Surgeons that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Apps For Surgeons, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Apps For Surgeons
1. Best Medical Education
The APP in BRIEF..
Speculation is the cause of most of our troubles as professionals and this is compounded by information explosion. Deciding what is best for the patient is no longer possible by traditional textbooks. While the app reflects content tested by the Boards, it reflects more of what is tested in real life. This is offered in a mobile format for physicians and surgeons who need to balance clinical practice (and not to mention the rest of their lives) with updating themselves for offering better care. Latest app offers weekly podcasts, quizzes (divided into topics of ~5 questions each), clinical case simulations, video reviews in addition to news feeds which reflect recently published data. Updated daily and usually more frequently! CME available.
5 separate surgery feeds can be subscribed to individually or in combination- General Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Trauma, Pediatric Surgery and Neurosurgery. Primary care feeds also available.
This is the ONLY surgical/medical education platform which updates users on changes in clinical practice on a DAILY basis. The need for such a platform was recognized in this current era of information explosion.
What sets us apart:
1 . We deal with only clinical practice changes that positively impact patient care
2. We publish only cumulative information, no individual studies
3. Great technology including 4K videos, podcasts to enable easy review on the go
4. State of the art Quiz app for CME. The only platform to offer “Clinical Case Simulations” in surgery
5. Latest edition enables communication between the members using the app
6. Only expert curated and peer reviewed / published content. No “opinions”
7. Great anatomic illustrations useful for surgeons and trainees alike
8. SEVEN feeds available – General Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Trauma, Pediatric Surgery, Neurosurgery, Primary Care and Hospitalist Medicine. Feeds can be subscribed to individually or in combination. Subscribing to combination of feeds has discounted rates.
THE APP IS MONTHLY/YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION BASED. FIRST WEEK IS FREE WITH NO FEE IF CANCELLED..
Please refer to individual feeds in the app or in app purchases on App Store for details regarding price and content of feeds. These details will be displayed to you at the time of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that feed, where applicable.
2. CST Surgical Technology Review
“Ditch the paper and study for the CST on-the-go! Organized across 36 major medical topics from anatomy to wound healing to surgical robots, this app provides an up-to-date and comprehensive review of material found on the National Certification Exam for Surgical Technologists.
Install the free version today and jump start your studying! We have provided a limited free version of the app that you can try before deciding to upgrade. This version includes a limited amount of practice questions and basic progress metrics.
Upgrade to the Premium version with a one-time, in-app purchase that includes lifetime access to:
•1,450+ practice questions
•11 subject quizzes
•Immediate feedback to track your overall progress
•In-depth statistics that display your strengths and weaknesses
With detailed answer explanations, you will come away with a solid understanding of all these major areas of the surgical technology curriculum:
· Medical Terminology
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Pharmacology and Anesthesia
· Aseptic Technique
· Sterilization and Disinfection
· Operating Room Environment
· Transportation and Positioning
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
· Medical, Ethical, and Legal Responsibilities
· Occupational Hazards
· Skin Preparation and Draping
· Equipment and Supplies
· Counts and Specimens
· Sutures and Drains
· Wound Healing and Dressings
· General Surgery
· Obstetrics and Gynecology
· Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
· Genitourinary Surgery
· Thoracic Surgery
· Cardiovascular and Peripheral Vascular Surgery
· Orthopedic Surgery
· Pediatric Surgery
· Emergency Procedures
· Surgical Applications of Electricity
· Physics and Medicine
· Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery
· Surgical Robots
As life rushes by, optimize your preparation time anywhere, anytime by using Surgical Technology Examination Q&A. Great for both incremental and last-minute studying this is the best tool in your arsenal!
Call at 319-246-5299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About the Authors:
Carolan Sherman, RN, BSN, CST
Mary Chmielewski, CST”
3. Diagnosaurus® DDx
ABOUT DIAGNOSAURUS DDX
This quick-reference tool helps healthcare professionals perform differential diagnosis with speed and confidence at the point of care. With Diagnosaurus you can quickly search over 1,000 diagnoses by organ system, symptom, or disease, or you can view all entries. Use the valuable “See Related DDx” feature within each entry to consider alternative diagnoses and quickly link to those entries. The convenient “Favorites” feature allows you to save specific searches and bookmark in your personal archive.
• More than 1,000 differential diagnoses
• Highlight and make custom notes within entries
• Entries organized in quick-read format
• “See Related DDx” links to other potential diagnoses
• Disease, symptom, and organ system indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
• Universal Index Search to help find answers fast
Author: Roni F. Zeiger, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical
Powered by: Unbound Medicine”
4. SurgeOn – Surgery Unified
Our world, reimagined.
SurgeOn is everything surgical. A single app only for verified surgeons, like a virtual conference running 24/7/365, with integrated vendor booth spaces, limitless library of videos, and best in class post tagging system.
Built for surgeons by surgeons, SurgeOn is centered around the unique needs and demands of the surgical patient / profession. We’ve designed this to be centered around surgical subspeciality communities, where each community is lead by an elected group of same-speciality moderators, chosen by their peers. Since SurgeOn has been built from the ground up with us, the surgeon-user in mind, we’ve taken great care to deliver a refined and tailored experience. This includes:
– 100% verified surgeon-userbase
– Private and secure enviornment, where no personal data is collected so it cannot be sold, brokered, or lost
– End-to-end encryption
– Users retention of post ownership
– Fast and powerful search using a best in class tagging, categorizing, scoring, and voting system
– Encrypted peer to peer messaging
– Ability to curate / save posts (Collections) for either personal (private) use or in-app public sharing
As well as much, much more. We’ve built all this on the backbone of the most scalable software architecture because, just like surgery, things change and so must we.
Stop being the product and join SurgeOn!”
5. Touch Surgery: Surgical Videos
“Prepare for surgical cases or learn new procedures & test your knowledge with Touch Surgery anytime, anywhere.
Our multi-award winning surgical training platform for doctors and surgeons has been researched by world leading institutions and published in peer reviewed journals.
Touch Surgery is integrated into over 100 residency programs in the US and is endorsed by the AO foundation, American Association for Surgery of the Hand (AASH), British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
– Step by step simulations of surgical procedures
– Prepare for procedures anytime, anywhere!
– Explore our entire library straight to your smartphone
– Experience surgical cases with state-of-the-art 3D graphics
– Master new techniques from top physicians
– Free to download and use, with over 150 free procedures to choose from. Purchasable procedures are also available
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING:
“Great app for learning! Easy to use and realistic simulations!”
“Brilliant Amazing and informative app. Easy to sign up and get stuck into the modules.”
“I really like this app! I like how realistic it is and just how real it is.”
“A 5 star rating is not enough”
“This app is a life saver!”
“is indisputably the BEST app of its kind!!!”
This innovative app provides a user-friendly platform that helps medical professionals from all backgrounds train effectively for procedures. The 3D simulations and surgical content have been developed in collaboration with leading surgeons and academic institutions worldwide to ensure the utmost accuracy and validity. The platform is the largest and fastest growing community of surgeons learning and rehearsing operations digitally.
The interactive simulations and virtual patients teach specific techniques for all phases of medical and surgical procedures. This practical approach helps improve engagement for a deeper level of understanding, and has been proven to yield better results than more traditional methods.
Physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals can train and test their knowledge of surgery with clear and informative content at every step of a procedure. They can master specific exercises or freshen up on their skills before an operation.
With the largest database of over 150+ simulations across multiple surgical specialties, including Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic, Neurosurgery, Oral, Vascular and many more, this mobile app is the most comprehensive tool for medical professionals.
Considered as hosting “the best surgical simulations” by TopOrthoApps and “an integral tool for surgeons across the world to learn, and rehearse operations” by MedGadget.
Featured in BBC News, TechCrunch, Mashable, T3 Wired, Bloomberg, The Guardian, FT, Breast Cancer Care, Tech City, TecMundo.
Find out more: www.touchsurgery.com”