If you are looking for the Best iPhone Apps For Writers to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Apps For Writers that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Apps For Writers, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Apps For Writers
# Key features of Byword
– Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
– Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
– Take all documents offline to access them anytime
– Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
– Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
– The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
– Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
– Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
– Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
– Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
– Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
– Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
– List continuations
– TextExpander snippet expansion
– Word and character counters with live update
– Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
– Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
– Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
– For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
– For research, meeting and class notes
– To write that important email without being distracted
– To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
• Dark mode
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media files
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.”
4. Werdsmith: Writing App
Werdsmith turns your iPhone and iPad into a powerful writing studio that inspires you to write. With features to motivate you and help you break through writer‘s block, you‘ll find yourself writing more than ever.
–Here’s how it works.–
1. Capture your ideas
Whenever inspiration strikes, Werdsmith makes it easy to quickly add it to your Ideas List, before it gets lost. Stuck for ideas? Ghostwriter, our AI, writes unique and interesting writing prompts for you.
2. Start your project
When you‘re ready to start your project, move it to your Projects List. From here, you can choose Novel, Screenplay or Poem Mode to automatically format your work as you type. This lets you leave the formatting to us, so you can focus on writing.
3. Create a writing ritual
Many writers have a ritual – a time they set aside every day to write. Choose a time that works for you, and Werdsmith will help you build up your daily writing habit by reminding you to write.
4. Set a goal
Add a word goal to your project, and we’ll show you your progress as you write. We‘ll even show you how many words you’ve written and how long you’ve spent writing, and you can track your daily stats in our handy widget.
5. Get feedback and publish
When your project is finished, you can share it privately with your editors, publish it publicly with your readers, or export it to 1000s of other apps or your computer for printing or editing.
All your projects stay up to date between iPhone and iPad, automatically backed up and protected. Werdsmith can fit into your existing writing process, or you can treat it like a fresh start. It’s up to you.
Over a million writers have entrusted Werdsmith to get their projects finished and become better at their craft. Join us!
Things you might want to know:
You can use all of Werdsmith’s features for free, but there are limits, for example in the number of projects you can add, the number of writing prompts you can create, or the amount of time you can spend in Novel Mode or using app themes. You can increase or remove these limits by becoming a Werdsmith member. Sync, backup and sharing features are optional, but require a free Werdsmith account.
A big thanks to the writers who’ve supported Werdsmith over the years. We couldn’t do it without you.”