If you are looking for the Best iPhone Brew Apps to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Brew Apps that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Brew Apps, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Brew Apps
1. BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing
“Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 3, the world’s top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users – create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
– BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide included, plus mead, wine, cider guide
– Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
– Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
– Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
– Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
– Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
– Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
– Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
– Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
– Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
– Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
– Full beer style guide in app for reference
– Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
– Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
Version 3 of BeerSmith adds:
– Support for mead, wine and cider recipes (as well as beer)
– Local and cloud based recipe folders for managing your recipes
– Water profile and mash pH tools integrated with the recipe for beer brewing
– Updated ingredients, profiles and style databases including hundreds of new ingredients
Build 3.0.10 Adds:
– Added new provisional BJCP beers styles to style guide
– Corrected issues with adding juices to some recipes
– Corrected wrong units on some fields in session page
– Corrected issues with some recipes being downloaded from cloud correctly
– Corrected issue with brewday timer not displaying correctly on some recipes
– Corrected issue with not being able to edit yeast tolerance for yeast items”
2. Brewer’s Friend Legacy
“Brewing with total confidence. The details make the difference between an average batch of home brew and a truly excellent brew that is repeatable. This app is a beer recipe calculator, brew session tracker, and brew log – all on your iPhone. This application is capable of syncing with the Brewer’s Friend cloud solution (the application works by itself stand alone, but the sync requires a premium account at the site).
This application is ad free.
Main feature list for version 1.0:
* Complete recipe designer with pre-populated list of grains, hops, and yeast. Ability to add your own custom grains.
* Fully supports metric units!
* Work in Specific Gravity or Plato.
* OG/FG/IBU/SRM, yeast attenuation automatically calculated.
* Supports All Grain, Extract, Partial Mash, BIAB.
* Tells if recipe matches style.
* Pick the equations and units you prefer.
* No Chill – Extended Hop Boil Time Supported.
* Target ‘to the fermentor’ or ‘to the kettle’ batch sizes.
* Journal for tracking events like gravity readings, volume collected, dates, and tasting notes.
* Tracks what phase the brew is in.
– Adds a brew timer feature.
– Recipe sync with the Brewer’s Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
– Brew session sync with the Brewer’s Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
– User interface updates, sorting of recipes and brew sessions, performance improvements.
– Adds support for: hop stands (whirlpool and hopback hop uses), recipe CO2 level field, milliliters as unit in other ingredients section. Improves recipe listing view (shows snapshot indicator, index added).
– Adds stand alone calculators.
– 70 + yeasts added. Brands include: East Coast Yeast, Mangrove Jack, Real Brewers, Siebel Institute, and Brewferm. Make sure to upgrade now if you plan to use these and sync with the cloud. (Sync requires premium account.)
– Adds stand alone calculators: Brix/Plato to SG Calculator and Dilution / Boiloff Calculator.
– Support for batch target ‘kettle’ mode added for Extract and Partial Mash recipes.
– Cloud sync improvements.
– BJCP 2015 Guidelines added and fixed syncing of styles with cloud
– Updates to ingredient database
– Visual fixes to scrolling and stability in various places”
Brewfather is made from the ground up to give you the best recipe design and brewing experience on both desktop and mobile devices. With a modern design that is easy to use. Get your recipes done in no time! With automatic synchronization between all your devices and offline support.
Combining a powerful recipe designer with intuitive batch tracking and inventory management to make your brew-day easier. Integrated with many popular devices to aid your brewing. Explore the recipe library with hundreds of quality recipes.
* Powerful, intuitive and easy to use interface with dark mode support
* Multi-device support – one app everywhere – always!
* Offline support, auto-saving, and automatic synchronization
* Fully-featured and easy to use recipe designer
* Complete batch tracking – log every step of your brew
* Fermentation chart
* Recipe library with hundreds of quality recipes available for you
* Brew timer with alarms and notifications for your brew day!
* Profiles for your equipment, mash schedule, fermentation steps, and water
* Highly customizable equipment profile to suit any brewing system
* Large customizable ingredients database with thousands of ingredients
* Inventory stock & cost tracking
* Multiple style guidelines (BJCP, Brewers Association, Norbrygg, SHBF, DØDL)
* Supports custom style guidelines
* Print your recipe or batch to PDF
* Import and export BeerXML
* Metric and US/Imperial units
* Scale recipes up/down
* Easily share recipes
* Estimate your Final Gravity based on many variables
* Calculate every important detail of your recipes and batches
* Easy to use yeast amount and yeast starter calculator
* Integrated water adjustment calculator with mash pH
* Strike temperature calculation
* Proper calculation of hop-stand bitterness
And many more tools and features to help your brewing.
* Remote logging from Tilt, iSpindel, Brewpiless, MyBrewbot, Plaato Airlock, Plaato Keg and Custom Stream
* Webhook support
* Full SmartPID two-way integration, for brew-day and fermentation control
* Programmable API for custom integrations
Brewfather is free to use, with an optional Premium subscription to unlock premium features and unlimited recipes/batches.
New accounts get 30 days of free Premium access.
* Unlimited number of recipes
* Unlimited number of batches
* Import and export features
* Integrate with devices
* Create your public profile and add recipes to the recipe library
* Ingredient cost tracking
* Custom style guidelines
* Ability to restore deleted recipes and batches
* Add manual readings for fermentation chart
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm your purchase.
Your iTunes account will be charged again when your subscription automatically renews at the end of your current subscription period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to end of the current period. Any unused portion of a trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings any time after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://docs.brewfather.app/legal/tos
Got any questions? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org”
4. Home Brew Tool
– Create batches from a list of fermentables, yeast, and hops.
– Save batches as recipes to use as a template for future batches
– Easily convert between metric and imperial units
– Track important values such as attenuation, mash efficiency, boil loss, fermentation loss
– Keep multiple equipment profiles on record
– Visualize your mash profile and easily calculate water needs without overrunning your mash tun.”