If you are looking for the Best iPhone Bridge App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone Bridge App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone Bridge App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone Bridge App
1. Audrey Grant’s Better Bridge
“Improve your bridge game with instructional material from the game’s top teacher. Intermediate and experienced bridge players can enjoy a free preview of the Interactive Daily Bridge Column. New players can view a free interactive introduction to the game of bridge.
The Daily Bridge Column includes the following features:
– Interactive deals that you can bid, play, and defend accompanied by a complete walkthrough that you can view beforehand or after trying the deal.
– Bidding quizzes on various aspects of the game.
– Columns by guest celebrities such as World Champion Eddie Kantar.
– Interviews with the top players and coaches in the game, such as Eric Rodwell and Eric Kokish.
– Famous deals, where you have a chance to play the deal and then read the story behind it.
After viewing the trial columns, you can subscribe to the Daily Bridge Column for $9.99 per month. As a subscriber, you will be able to access each day’s column from your iPad, PC, or MAC.
Bridge Basics 1 (iPad Only): An Introduction is the first set of lessons from Learn to Play Bridge with Audrey Grant. It is designed for the absolute beginner. The material is presented in a clear, well-organized format, moving smoothly from one topic to the next. It’s based on the most up-to-date information the game has to offer.
It includes the following features:
– A sound track that accompanies the lesson material, allowing you to focus on the hands and the graphics.
– High quality graphics explaining the various lesson points.
– Practice deals – you’ll play with skilled robots to help you develop good card play techniques.
– Interactive quizzes that let you review what you have learned and track your progress.
After viewing the first free lesson, you can purchase the entire set Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction for $34.99.”
2. Bridge Baron Gold
Rated “A” by the American Contract Bridge League.
What you can do:
– Configure and play against our powerful robots
– Compete on famous past tournaments and see how you’d fare against the pros
– Save game on exit; load last game or start a new one
– Practice tough deals with all cards face up
– Vocal bidding hints help find the best play
– Choose who gets the best hand
– Choose the type of contract you want to play: Slam, Game, No Trump, or Part Score
Each bidding system has Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced options, controlling the number of bidding conventions played. Each flavor can be further customized to match your knowledge and skill, you can choose from ~100 bidding conventions.
Adjust your signaling arrangements. Bridge Baron has three generic signaling arrangements. Customize your partner signals, as well as the opponents’.
The ‘i’ button provides guidance about conventions and signals. The robots also play and hint at three levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Check the mid meaning, undo, or claim at any time.
– Bridge Baron Gold offers a monthly subscription.
– Subscription is $4.99 in the US. If you subscribe in another currency, the price may vary due to exchange fees.
– Payment will be charged to App Store Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
You can stop the renewal of your subscription at any time via your iTunes account. Please do so at least 24 hours before your subscription expires to avoid unwanted renewal. No unused subscription period will be refunded.
We welcome feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
3. Bridge by NeuralPlay
Just learning bridge? Follow along and learn with bidding and play hints. Tap a bid and the AI will show an explanation. Optionally, the AI will check your bids and plays against its own and show the differences.
For experienced players, our unique double dummy solver allows us to provide six levels of computer AI play.
Bidding system support includes:
• Standard American Yellow Card (SAYC, five card majors)
• 2/1 Game Forcing
• ACOL (four card majors, weak notrump)
Bidding system customization is supported. For example, you may choose to use Roman Key Card Blackwood.
• Claim the remaining tricks and NeuralPlay’s double dummy solver will verify your claim.
• Bidding and play hints. Uncertain of what to bid or play? See what the computer would do!
• Bid and play checker. Compare your bid or play with the computer’s as you play!
• Bidding explanations. Tap a bid for an explanation. See explanations for other possible bids in the sequence.
• Replay hand. Start the hand over and try a different bid or line of play.
• Play review. At the end of the hand, use play review to step through the play trick by trick or card by card.
• Double dummy solver. Play review will calculate the double dummy solution. Compare your result to the optimal result.
• Custom hand characteristics. Play deals with your desired distribution and point count.
• View all hands during play or bidding.
• Detailed statistics.
Play modes include:
• Rubber bridge.
• Chicago bridge. Support for both rubber style (honor bonuses given, partscores carry forward) and duplicate style scoring (no honor bonus, partscores do not carry forward).
• Bidding practice. Bidding only. Learn by bidding with your AI partner and comparing your bidding with the AI’s.
• Play practice. Play only. The computer AI will bid the deal automatically, you play the contract.
Supported bidding conventions include: Stayman, Jacoby Transfers, Takeout Doubles, Negative Doubles, New Minor Forcing, Fourth Suit Forcing, Jacoby Two Notrump, Michaels Cuebid, Unusual Two Notrump, Blackwood, Gerber, Strong Two Clubs, Weak Twos, Landy, and Cappelletti (Hamilton)”
4. “Bridge V+, bridge card game”
“Welcome to the tournament edition of Bridge. With 3 modes of play, practically unlimited deals and the ability to search for hands this Bridge card game is sure to teach, challenge and entertain you for hours.
Alternatively, why not play in some Bridge tournaments or create your own Bridge club and play online against your family, friends and invited club members.
Bridge supports the following 3 modes of play:
In Rubber Bridge a rubber is played as the best of three games. A game is won by the first partnership to score 100 or more points in successful contracts.
In Chicago Bridge, also known as Four-Hand Bridge, you play exactly four hands of Bridge. The winner is the partnership that scores the most points.
In Tournament Bridge you play at your own pace against players from around the world in duplicate style Bridge tournaments. Each player in a tournament plays the same hands with the winner scoring the most points. Alternatively you can easily create your own online Bridge club, invite your family, friends or even some enemies then play in duplicate style Bridge tournaments against your own select set of players.
What is Bridge?
Bridge is a trick taking card game played by four players who form two partnerships. Players within a partnership face each other across a table. Traditionally, the players are referred to by the points of the compass – North, East, South and West. The two partnerships are North/South and East/West.
Designed for both beginners and more advanced players you can choose how you prefer to play. There are plenty of features if you are trying to learn Bridge including auto play and hints. Meanwhile the more advanced players can use the bid analysis or replay hand features to explore different lines of card play.
* Play in online Bridge tournaments
* Create your own Bridge clubs
* Unlimited hands built in (well approx 2 billion but….)
* Play game points or slams all day if thats what you want to do.
* Compare your bidding the Bridge V+ AI bidding.
* See how the computer would have played the hand.
* Replay from any bid or card for that ‘what if’ moment
* Get hints.
* Play any or all of the hands.
* Ask the computer how it has interpreted the bids made.
* Lots of display options to suit your individual and device preference.
DEVELOPED BY BRIDGE PLAYERS
The small team behind Bridge have been producing Bridge games for nearly 40 years. One of our first products was Bridge Challenger released in the early 80s!
Do we get every bid correct or play every hand perfectly? absolutely not!. Often there is no one single correct answer making Bridge the game we love. Meanwhile we continue to develop and improve the game.
COMMENTS + SUGGESTIONS.
Please feel free to contact us via our support email if you have comments and suggestions. Please, please include any Deal Id if you are commenting on specific deals as that is the only way we can reasonably play the hand in question here.”
5. Fun Bridge
Bridge is a card game played with four people who play as two competing teams of two players called “pairs” (North-South and East-West). The players of the same team sit across from each other at a card table. Bridge consists of two parts: the auction, which determines the contract to fulfil, and the play, where the side that wins the bidding tries to take the tricks necessary to make their contract.
On Funbridge, you play South while North, East and West are played by the same artificial intelligence (AI) at all tables. So no need to wait until other players are available to play. The AI is available 24/7!
Other players play the same deals as you. The aim is to achieve the best result. You enter rankings allowing you to compare your play to other players.
Funbridge is designed for any type of players: from beginners (introductory module, lessons, exercises) to experts (tournaments). It also suits any player who wants to start playing bridge again (practice, challenges against friends).
– Get started with bridge: (re)discover the basics of bridge.
– Series tournaments: perfect to see how you compare with players of your level.
– Tournaments of the day: compare yourself to players from all around the world.
– Practice deals: play deals at your own pace without stress.
– Face the elites: pit yourself against top players from the Elite series.
– Challenges: challenge any player in head-to-head tournaments.
– Two-player game: practise with your favourite partner.
– Team Championship: create your team and compete against teams from all over the world.
– Federation tournaments: improve your federation ranking thanks to official tournaments held conjointly with bridge federations.
– Funbridge Points tournaments: play these tournaments to enter the Funbridge Points rankings and compare yourself to all players.
– Exclusive tournaments: create your own tournaments and discuss the deals you play.
– Commented tournaments: get valuable advice from a bridge champion.
You can also:
– Pause your deal or tournament
– Watch a replay of other players’ moves
– Replay deals that you have already played
– Get the meaning of the bids made at the table
– Seek advice from the AI in case of doubt
– Set your bidding and card play conventions
– Access an analysis of your play once the deal is over
– Meet your friends and chat with them
Internet connection required: the AI is not in the app, which is therefore much more efficient and we can continuously improve it without you having to update it.
The Funbridge app offers a monthly subscription (1 month) and a yearly subscription (1 year).
If you subscribe in another currency, the price may vary slightly if your bank charges you a conversion fee.
Payment for your subscription will be debited from your account after your purchase is confirmed.
The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period. The bank account associated with your payment card will be debited via your iTunes account.
You can stop the renewal of your subscription at any time from your iTunes account. Please do so at least 24 hours before your subscription expires to avoid unwanted renewal. No unused subscription period will be refunded.
One of the World’s top Bridge Artificial Intelligence engines, wrapped in a user-friendly interface.
FREE to download and sample all the features, this App will challenge the most experienced players, while the ‘Assist’ mode will teach and guide the novice. 40,000+ users playing 120,000+ hands daily, and universal 5* reviews (read them!!) show that we must be doing something right!
“Simply Outstanding” Justin & Barbara Hackett – current English and German Internationals.
• iBridgePlus Assist – for beginners and intermediate players, iBridgePlus Assist is your Bridge teacher in the room. “Assist” will tap you on the shoulder when you are about to make an incorrect bid or card play, and will give you hints and explanations when you are unsure of what to do.(Free trial included)
• You ONLY play on your own, (always as South) with the Bridge Engine playing as your partner North and also opponents East/West.
• Set North to bid like your favourite partner, and you can set East West to use a different bidding system, to simulate your most feared opponents
• Support for SAYC, Acol, 2/1, Precision Club and Standard American / Danish / French / German / Italian / Swiss bidding systems, at basic, intermediate and advanced levels.
• Be free from internet connections – play whenever you want, wherever you want.
• Take part in Duplicate competitions – you will still play on your own, but you can compare your scores with other users from around the world, allowing you to monitor your own progress with your personal performance rating.
• NEW FEATURE – our improved analytics enable you to review the bidding and card-by-card play of all competitors in a Duplicate game.
• NEW FEATURE – Daily ‘Community Hands’. The same hands available to all users. Compare your score. Ideal introduction to the concept of Duplicate bridge.
• Alter My System – this module enables you to tweak, adjust, or completely redesign your bidding system to behave exactly as you would like it. Save and share your bidding system with others (in-app purchase required).
• Comprehensive in-app documentation and video presentations to help you use and make the most out of this all-encompassing app.
• FREE to download and evaluate – get 16 trial hands, PLUS Free ‘Community Hands’ EVERY DAY.
• FREE 24 hands of Assist
• Claim your $10 FREE iBridge Dollars to get you started in the Duplicate competitions.”
Bridge is enjoyed by tens of millions of people around the world. Bridge is the ultimate trick-taking game, similar to Hearts, Spades, or Euchre, but with deeper and more rewarding strategy.
Start by learning the rules and basic cardplay strategy, then learn about what really sets Bridge apart from other trick-taking games: bidding back and forth with your partner to determine how many tricks you can take, and what the best trump suit will be.
Over 1,900 interactive practice questions appear throughout the lessons, giving you a chance to test your knowledge and correct your mistakes.
New lessons are always in the works, so stay tuned for more content!”