If you are looking for the Best iPhone Camera App For Northern Lights to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Camera App For Northern Lights that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Camera App For Northern Lights, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Camera App For Northern Lights
1. NightCap Camera
“NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights – ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.”
2. Northern Lights Photo Capture
“«Northern Lights Photo Capture & Forecast» is perfect app to capture the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) on your iPhone/iPad! In addition, app allow you to view the latest northern lights forecast based on your location.
There are 7 presets that you can choose from based on the brightness of the aurora lights that you’re seeing — all you have to do is tap the button that corresponds. Use the ‘1’ preset when the lights are weak; use ‘7’ when the lights are bright.
– The self-timer, which is imperative for nighttime shots, enables you to take un-blurred pictures of Northern Lights.
– Up-to-date northern Lights forecast based on your location
– 7 presets to help you take photo of Aurora
– RAW-format capture
– View up-to-date aurora forecasts
– Volume up (+) photo capture
– Burst mode (takes multiple photos at once)
Please note: that while a tripod is not required, the camera must be held steady. To keep your camera still during the long exposure you’ll need a tripod with a iPhone suitable head, something like a clamp or a car phone holder. This will ensure you do not shake the camera while it is capturing the image.”
3. Northern Lights Photo Taker
Here’s the scenario – so you see the northern lights (!! – awesome for you, by the way), but you don’t have a fancy digital camera with you. Thankfully, you have your trusty iPhone or iPad!
OK! Now what??
Do you know the tips and tricks to take photos of the northern lights ? Great, if you do! Enable manual mode; set the focus to infinity; change the temperature to a certain number; change the ISO between certain values; change the shutter speed to something else….wait what…?
Don’t worry, this app does all of that for you so all you have to do is find those lights. ISO, shutter speed, long exposure mode, temperature, check check check. There are 3 presets that you can choose from based on the brightness of the aurora lights that you’re seeing. Those don’t work? Try out custom mode until you get that ‘good-enough-for-me-to-show-to-my-friends’ snap and take as many photos as you’d like!
Worth a shot ! (hah..a…was funny when this was typed…)”
4. Slow Shutter Cam
“Slow Shutter Cam brings new life into your device’s photo toolbox by letting you capture a variety of amazing slow shutter speed effects that you only thought you could get with a DSLR. Continue reading to learn more about this unique app!
• Featured numerous times by Apple:
– App Store Essentials: Camera & Photography
– Photography for Professionals – Total Control
– Shot on iPhone 6 – Shoot Beautiful Photos
– Extraordinary Photo Apps
– Best New App
• Nominated for the 2010 and 2011 “Best App Ever Award – Best Photo App”
“It’s one of those rare photography apps that creates effects that few others are capable of, and it does it easily and with better results.”
— Marty Yawnick, Life In LoFi
How many times have you tried to capture artful images with your iPhone camera but were left wishing you had more features to work with? Slow Shutter Cam puts an end to mere snapshots and gives you some of the most powerful features of a DSLR camera. All this, in a package that fits in your pocket.
Slow Shutter Cam offers three capture modes to capture unique images:
MOTION BLUR: Equivalent to the shutter priority mode on a DSLR, the Motion Blur mode is perfect for creating ghost images, waterfall effects or suggesting movement in your photographs by adding a blur.
LIGHT TRAIL: The Light Trail mode allows you to ‘paint’ with light, show car light trails and fireworks or capture any other moving light in a unique way. Unlike shooting with a DSLR and being tied to specific rigid settings to obtain good results, the Light Trail mode takes care of the essentials, letting your creativity soar!
LOW LIGHT: In low light conditions, this capture mode allows the camera to accumulate every photon of light hitting the sensor. The longer the shutter speed, the more light it will accumulate. You can even fine-tune the result using the exposure compensation slider to achieve the exact effect you want!
• Unlimited Shutter Speed and manual ISO
• Option to resume capture
• Real time live preview – See the result in real time
• Innovative ‘Freeze’ and ‘Blur Strength’ controls
• Tap to adjust focus/exposure
• Time-lapse Intervalometer
• Apple Watch support and handy Self-Timer
• Full resolution support on every devices
With Slow Shutter Cam on your iPhone or iPod touch you get the features of a DSLR camera with the convenience of a device that you can drop in your pocket and take with you wherever you go. Download it now and put an end to mere snapshots!
Search #slowshuttercam on Instagram or visit the “Slow Shutter Cam – iPhone” group on flickr for amazing samples!”