If you are looking for the Best iPhone Dictation App For Lawyers to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone Dictation App For Lawyers that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone Dictation App For Lawyers, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone Dictation App For Lawyers
1. Clio for Law Firms and Lawyers
“The Clio Mobile App lets you stay profitable and productive by accessing essential case and client information remotely. Update case statuses, communicate with clients and firm members, and review, share, or upload documents all from the palm of your hand.
Log in with your Clio Manage credentials.
CAPTURE AND BILL FOR MORE TIME—Track billable and non-billable time on the spot.
・Increase profitability with time-tracking tools, expenses categories, and custom billing rates.
REMOTE WORK MADE EASY— Quickly access client, case, and calendar information wherever you are.
・Stay on top of your day with a dynamic calendar and task lists.
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH CLIENTS–Manage client communications and securely message clients.
・Get instantly notified when a client messages you and respond directly from the app.
INDUSTRY LEADING SECURITY—Approved by over 60 global bar associations and legal societies.
・Don’t risk losing important paper files or exposing client data by securely storing client and case data in the cloud.”
2. Evernote – Notes Organizer
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can stay productive on the go. Tackle your to-do list with Tasks, connect your Google Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, and see your most relevant information quickly with a customizable Home dashboard.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, and to-do lists.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, docs, PDFs, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Use your camera to scan and organize paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, and handwritten notes.
• Manage your to-do list with Tasks—set due dates and reminders, so you never miss a deadline.
• Connect Evernote and Google Calendar to bring your schedule and your notes together.
• See your most relevant information instantly on the Home dashboard.
• Create separate notebooks to organize receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote’s powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Keep a journal to keep your thoughts organized.
• Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Bring people, projects, and ideas together with shared Spaces.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments so you don’t miss important details.
• Create notebooks for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create and manage tasks
• Connect one Google Calendar account
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• 20 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create, manage, and assign tasks
• Connect multiple Google Calendar accounts
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Home dashboard – Full customization
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote’s Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms”
“Fastcase for the iPhone/iPad is a free legal research application, putting the American law library in the palm of your hand. Fastcase contains cases and statutes from all 50 states and from the federal government. You can search by citation, keyword (in Boolean or natural language), or browse statute collections.
– Free, searchable library of American cases and statutes
– Keyword (Boolean), natural language, and citation search
– Browse or search statutes
– Most relevant results first
– Customizable, sortable search results
– Search results automatically display number of citing cases
– Jump right to most relevant paragraph of any case or statute
– Integrated research history
– Save favorite documents for use later
– Updated daily
Fastcase for the iPhone has won the prestigious American Association of Law Libraries New Product of the Year Award, and the iPad app includes great new features that take advantage of the larger screen area. Now you can view search results in a side panel while reading a document, enjoy portrait or landscape views, and see multiple levels of statute outline views.
Fastcase for the iPhone/iPad also uses smart search technology from Fastcase’s fully-featured Web-based legal research application, which allows you to sort the most relevant results to the top of the list, customize and re-sort search results, and integrate citation analysis tools right into the results list.
This application is free, but you’ll need to register an account so that you can save favorites and your own customized search history. There are tons of customizable features, so the more you use the Fastcase app, the better it fits you!
Fastcase’s desktop application (www.fastcase.com) is widely considered the smartest alternative for legal research – allowing visual mapping of search results, dual-column printing, and more complete citation analysis and sorting tools. Fastcase was founded in 1999 and has hundreds of thousands of subscribers from around the world.
Fastcase for the iPhone/iPad is the world’s largest free mobile law library. Happy searching!
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING:
“The short version of my review is this: I was impressed. The app is easy to use and produces lightning-fast results. . . . For legal research on the go, at any time, and for zero cost, this is a must-have for any lawyer with an iPhone.” – Bob Ambrogi, Law.com
“The Fastcase iPhone app is an extremely solid app which probably won’t be dethroned as the king of mobile legal research anytime soon.” – Joshua Auriemma, LegalGeekery.com
“The largest free law library available on the iPhone. . . . This is a surprisingly robust legal research tool that will allow its users to find cases and statutes wherever they are, whenever they want, all for free.” – Bob Ambrogi
“Will it be long before students are required to purchase iPhones for law school in addition to, or instead of, laptops?” – James B. Levy, Legal Writing Professor Blog
“The Legal Universe At Your Fingertips, For Free!” – Brad Bogan, Fifth Circuit Blog
2010 Winner, New Product of the Year Award, American Association of Law Libraries”
4. Fishead Analytics
-iPhone X suppported
-Support multiple accounts and profiles.
-Support multiple metrics for all reports
-Daily statistics overview for a preset days or custom days
-Support hourly reports.
-More than 50 reports.
-Fast on wifi, 4G, 3G and edge”
Apple Editors’ Choice and top ranked app worldwide on App Store, regularly #1.
Students, teachers, artists, and professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. Notes are just the beginning; find inspiration, capture ideas, and unleash your creativity with Notability.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Instantly create notes from a selection of templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability’s tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics/tags, save your favorites for later, and download notes!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy the Notability experience with limited editing and features.
Unlock unlimited note taking and premium content with a Notability annual subscription. Subscribers have access to:
• Unlimited edits, Auto Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners, journals, stickers, and much more!
Subscription auto-renews unless cancelled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices may vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach out to our team at email@example.com
Visit notability.com to learn more, or connect with us @notabilityapp on Instagram and Twitter.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.”
“The best digital handwriting on iPad. Penultimate combines distraction-free, natural handwriting and sketching with the power of Evernote’s sync and search. Take class or meeting notes, journal your thoughts, or outline your next big idea—in the office or on the go. From the first stroke, Penultimate makes the experience of pen and paper more productive.
INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER
Notes and drawings look spectacular in black or colored ink. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look natural, and Wrist Protection prevents stray marks for writers of all grips. Choose from a number of paper styles, or import an image to create personalized paper.
STYLUS AND SOFTWARE BUILT TOGETHER
We worked closely with Adonit to create the stylus we’ve always wanted: the Jot Script Evernote Edition, the first true precision-point stylus. Penultimate integrates tightly with the stylus and together they make digital handwriting the experience it should be. It’s like writing with your favorite pen. Available now in the Evernote Market.
YOUR WRITING KEEPS PACE WITH YOU
Penultimate lets you work on any part of the page effortlessly. To zoom in on a location on the page, simply pinch in and start writing. With Penultimate’s Drift feature enabled, the page will move along with you, automatically adjusting to the pace you are working at.
CONNECT AND SYNC WITH EVERNOTE
Sign in to your Evernote account in the Penultimate app to organize your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Your Penultimate notes are synced to Evernote automatically, so you can find and share them across all of your devices.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED QUICKLY
No matter how you prefer to organize your work, Penultimate makes it easy to find the notes you need. Penultimate processes your notes so you can search for handwritten text in the app. Save and browse your work in notebooks and insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages any way you like within them.
MAKE PENULTIMATE MORE POWERFUL
Penultimate is free to download and use. Pair it with Evernote Premium or Evernote Plus for bigger uploads and many other great features.
Two subscription options:
Evernote Premium monthly for $7.99 per month | $69.99 annually
Evernote Plus monthly for $3.99 per month | $34.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php”
7. uDictate: Medical Legal Doctors Lawyers Dictation
uDictate offers professional recording features found in high-end digital recorders and many additional features not available with traditional tape-based or digital recorders.
• Intuitive user interface
• High quality audio recording
• Insert, overwrite, and append operations
• Fast forward, rewind, and scrub
• Review and edit an existing dictation
• Many file types: PCM (.wav, .aiff, .caf), AAC (.m4a, .caf), IMA4 (.aifc, .caf)
• Compress (zip) and encrypt files
• Label or mark a file as a rush or urgent
• Send dictation anytime, anywhere using: FTP, Dropbox, or Email
• Bluetooth headset recording
• Passcode protection
• Archive dictation
• Voice activated recording option – allows your recording to stop during silent periods.
• Decreased turn-around time. There is no need to wait until the end-of-the-day or until you get back to the office to send your dictation. Send dictation immediately whenever and wherever you are.
• Money savings. With uDictate you pay a one-time fee with no subscription required. Don’t spend hundreds of dollars every couple of years on new recorders and/or software and don’t get roped into paying an annual subscription fee.
• Ability to multitask. Check your schedule or read your email while recording a dictation or listening to an existing dictation.
• Less to carry. You will never need to carry multiple devices again. No need to drag around a bag with cables, plugs, extra batteries, and a laptop.
• Never accidently overwrite or delete a dictation unintentionally again.
Please note: When using email as you delivery method it is important to keep the size of your dictations to a manageable size, keeping in mind many email providers limit the size of attachments. It is better to have multiple small files that 1 large file.
Send dictations to your transcriptionist or contact our affiliate Better Transcription Options at sales@BetterTranscription.com for information.
Check out ‘uDictatate Free’, our free lite version of uDictate, to experience the functionality and feel of the full version. uDictate Free has all of the functionality offered in uDictate, but each recording is limited to 30 seconds instead of 24 hours. There is also a maximum of 5 active dictations, whereas the full version is limited only by the amount of available storage on your device.
If you have Feedback or Questions, please email us at: ClericSoftware.firstname.lastname@example.org”
8. Voice Dictation – Speechy Lite
“Speechy is the powerful, real-time dictation solution you’ve been looking for! Based on the latest artificial intelligence and using a powerful speech recognition engine, Speechy will easily transcribe your words and thoughts, helping you accomplish more in less time!
Using Speechy, your words will be magically transcribed into text without your ever needing to touch a keyboard. Save yourself hours of repetitive stress, elbow and wrist injuries brought on by endless and tedious typing. Now you can use the power of your voice to create your words! It also helps pronunciation practice of foreign language learning and minutes of meeting memo.
Speechy not only transcribes your words, but also records your VOICE so you can refer to the original recording later! Plus, you can easily share your text and audio files later! (Works with Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp and other iOS supported sharing apps.)
Whether you’re a professional writer, doctor, lawyer, disabled or somehow prevented from traditional typing, Speechy will swiftly solve your transcription problems and help you achieve your writing goals today!
And Speechy doesn’t stop there! Speechy is global-focused, and will not only recognize your native language (currently more than 88 languages supported, and growing), but it will also TRANSLATE your dictated texts into other languages! So no matter where you are in the world or who you need to communicate with, Speechy will help make it happen!
Top Speechy Benefits:
・Unlimited recognition duration (Speechy won’t time out like Siri or some “other” voice recognition apps)(Pro Version)
・Records your audio simultaneously
・Immediate playback of recordings
・Unlimited save & edits
・Easy, unlimited sharing of text and audio
・Transcribed text can be edited directly
・Ideal for both individual and group transcription
・Background support for voice recognition
・Translates your speech into other languages
・Allows you to add custom vocabulary words
・Voice-to-text by audio files.
・On-device Speech Recognition
Who Should Use Speechy?
1. Reporters: Interviews, conversations and more are easily recorded and transcribed, preserving the original audio.
2. Writers: Novelists, Authors, Wattpad and fanfiction users can all write in their true voice, capturing their moments of inspiration anytime, anywhere.
3. Professionals: Doctors, lawyers, managers, etc. Easily transcribe your daily tasks, notes, conference calls, letters and more! Your voice makes it happen!
4. Elderly or Disabled: Eliminates slow typing, commonly misspelled words or embarrassing composition mistakes. Speechy makes it convenient and easy to send and share your words with those you love.
5. Language Students: Easily learn and master new words and languages by practicing dictation with Speechy!
► Speechy’s Currently Supported Speech Recognition Languages: Arabic, Cantonese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shanghainese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Offers one auto-renewing subscription options:
$4.49 per month
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Terms of service: http://speechy.app/privacy_policy.html