If you are looking for the Best iPhone Electronic Music App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Electronic Music App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Electronic Music App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Electronic Music App
1. AmpKit – Guitar amps & pedals
Includes 30 guitar amps, 30 pedals, 25 cabinets and 8 mics, based on real-world products. SAVE UP TO 60% with new Unlock all bundles!
“I found AmpKit+, the full version of the app, the easiest, most versatile and the best value, especially on an iPad.”
– New York Times
“AmpKit is the star of the show… extremely intuitive user interface, plenty of amps and pedals, great sound.”
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with mixing and non-destructive re-amping
• Upload sessions to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others
• Records sharing via SoundCloud, AirDrop, Copy-Paste, iMessage and email
• Ultra-low latency, virtually undetectable
• FREE Tuner and Metronome featuring technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Works with virtually all headset and dock guitar interfaces
• Ampkit, Ampkit HD (available on Amazon.com)
• Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
• iRig, iRig HD”
2. Blocs Wave: Record Music Live
Blocs Wave is a fun and beautifully designed music app for making and recording new music quickly. For songwriters and electronic music makers alike, it is an on-the-move powerful portable music studio.
Start new musical ideas by discovering new sounds across genres. Make your tunes unique by slicing and rearranging your sounds. Play with beautiful touchable waveforms and build up loops in real-time by recording your voice or other sounds, and build bigger ideas using song sections. Blocs Wave is also great for live looping, thanks to its real-time stretch and pitch engine.
• Find ideas quickly – Combine sounds across genres
• Play with sounds – Beautiful, touchable waveforms
• Record new sounds – Capture your own vocals and instruments
• Explore a huge sound library – Find amazing sounds across genres from electronic to indie, EDM to songwriting, and more
• Expand your collection – Download more sounds from an ever-expanding soundpack library
• Chop up sounds – Use Slice Mode to make every sound unique (In-App Purchase)
• Export your music – Create a mixdown or export individual tracks
• Shape your sound – 3-band EQ for boosting bass and mixing sounds (In-App Purchase)
• Launchpad Soundpack sharing – Get hundreds more genres and styles through our Launchpad for iOS app
• Real-time stretching – Change tempo while playing
• Real-time recording – Build up live recorded loops in real-time
• Import – Bring in your own sounds from other apps (In-App Purchase)
• Key aware – All library sounds stay in-key with each other
• User library – Manage your recorded and imported sounds
• Works well with others – Supports Audiobus, AudioCopy/AudioShare and hardware input
• Jam in sync – Supports Ableton Link
For support enquires please visit: https://ampifymusic.com/support
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
4. NanoStudio 2
“NanoStudio 2 is a powerful music production environment for synthesis, sampling, arranging, editing and mixing. It’s the successor to the original NanoStudio, an app held in high regard by musicians for many years for its usability, quality and productivity.
NanoStudio 2 builds upon the same design principles as its predecessor and introduces a huge range of extra features. An all-new audio engine delivers truly professional sound quality, highly optimized to handle complex projects with large numbers of instruments and effects.
NanoStudio 2 hosts external Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments and audio/MIDI effects. A library of all your AU instruments and presets is maintained so they’re tagged, searchable and just as accessible as NanoStudio’s own internal instruments.
Obsidian is NanoStudio’s built-in synth. It has 3 oscillators with 32 note polyphony and 7 different synthesis methods including analogue, wavetable, FM, multi-saw and phase distortion. It also supports samples and multisamples which may be split by note or velocity. Obsidian has 18 different filter types, including resonant analogue, super clean digital, formant, comb and waveshaping. Nearly every parameter can be modulated via the synth’s 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs and 10 configurable macro controllers, and modulation connections can be assigned with just a few taps. 300 factory patches are supplied with macros set up and ready to go. It’s easy to create your own patches and there are many more professionally produced patches available as IAP.
Slate is NanoStudio’s second built-in instrument, a sample/synthesis-based performance pad which makes it easy to tap out drum beats. Slate comes with 500 quality factory samples ranging from multisampled acoustic drums with natural variations through to cutting-edge electronic percussion and effects. 50 factory kits are include, and it’s easy to construct your own drum kits using the factory samples or your own. Slate can also be used with samples of just about anything: vocals, guitar riffs, synth pads – you name it.
There are powerful editors for song arrangement, MIDI, automation and samples. All share a consistent user interface so you’ll be up to speed with them and making music in no time.
A fully-featured sequencer supports tempo and time signature tracks (including tempo ramps) and Ableton Link.
Everything’s brought together by a mixer with unlimited tracks, track grouping and audio/MIDI sends. Tracks may have an unlimited number of insert effects with 11 built-in effects to choose from including reverb, sidechain compressor/expander, EQ with spectrum analysis, look-ahead limiter, delay, exciter, chorus, flanger and phaser. You can add AU audio/MIDI effects to the chain and use them just like an internal effect.
There are many mixdown options available with quality settings up to 32 bit/96kHz and support for file formats including wav, aiff, ogg and M4A. You can mixdown track stems in a single operation or select just a region of the song – great for resampling.
NanoStudio supports Audiobus and has many options for file sharing via the iOS Files app, Dropbox, AudioShare, iTunes File Sharing, AirDrop, email, WebDAV and importing music from your iTunes library.
Develop your initial musical ideas through to a final master with an intuitive workflow designed to get things done.”