If you are looking for the Best iPhone Fitness Tracker App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Fitness Tracker App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Fitness Tracker App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Fitness Tracker App
1. 3 Minute Mindfulness
Feel happier, calmer and more at peace in just 3 minutes.
The quick meditations and breathing exercises help you deal with stress, anxiety, overwhelm, sleep and more.
3 Minute Mindfulness has been seen in The Huffington Post, The Telegraph, Mashable, Gizmodo and more.
“3 Minute Mindfulness is a wonderful addition, and it helps me on a daily basis. The app reminds me to stop and breathe no matter what situation I find myself in.” – Karla, App Review
What actually is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as paying attention in the present moment, without judgment. Put another way, Mindfulness is about noticing what is happening around you right now.
How do you practice Mindfulness?
There are many ways to practice mindfulness and bring yourself into the present moment, including meditations, breathing exercises, feeling for sensations and more!
For example, try taking a deep breath in through your nose… And breathe out through your mouth. Congratulations! You just did a Mindfulness exercise. In that moment you paid complete attention to your breath, without any judgments.
How will Mindfulness help?
Research has shown that mindfulness can help you:
– Improve sleep
– Reduce stress
– Relieve anxiety
– Increase number of positive feelings
– Calm your mind
– Increased focus
– The 7 Days of Mindfulness course. Learn practical mindfulness exercises that can be applied to your day to day life. There are 7 lessons, spread out over 7 days. Each lesson is approximately 3 minutes short!
– Guided meditations to help you reduce stress, relieve anxiety and even help you sleep. All in just 3 minutes!
– A range of breathing exercises that each have different benefits. They include Square Breathing (great for taking control of your mind), 4-7-8 Breathing (this has been called a natural tranquilliser, making it perfect for getting to sleep), and more! You can even create your own breathing exercises.
– Create your own reminders to be mindful
Connects to the Health App
3 Minute Mindfulness connects with the Health app to save all the time you spend being mindful.
Subscription Pricing and Terms
The app offers three auto-renewing ‘Premium’ subscription options which unlocks everything in the app:
Monthly: $6.99 per month
Semi Annually: $24.99 per 6 months
Yearly: $39.99 per year
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the price you purchased the subscription for.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here –
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
• Streamlined Summary tab gives you an easy way to see your Activity History, Workouts, and Trends.
• View progress toward closing your Activity rings and see all-day Activity metrics like total steps and distance from the Activity app on Apple Watch.
• See details for your Move goal, including active calories, total calories, and a visual graph of your calorie burn throughout each day.
• See details for your Exercise goal, including exercise calories, total active time, and a visual graph of your exercise minutes throughout each day.
• See details for your Stand goal, including number of hours stood and idle hours.
• View your historical workouts from the Workout app or any third-party fitness apps on your Apple Watch. See important metrics from each workout including average pace, distance, calories burned, average heart rate, and more.
• See how your friends are doing and start a competition on the Sharing tab.
• View your Mindfulness activity and summaries of each Reflect and Breathe sessions.
Subscribe to Apple Fitness+ to unlock a new kind of fitness experience—powered by Apple Watch. One that dynamically integrates your personal metrics from your Apple Watch to inspire like no other workout in the world.
Apple Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV—so you can take your Apple Watch workouts to the next level, wherever and whenever you’d like.
• Get access to premium 4K ultra high definition video workouts designed by the world’s most motivating trainers.
• See personal metrics like calories burned and heart rate displayed onscreen right as you exercise.
• Enjoy curated music that’s perfectly matched to your routine’s mood and energy.
• Get access to Time to Walk, a unique audio workout that lets you walk with some of the world’s most interesting and inspiring people as they share stories, photos and songs to keep you motivated and encourage you to walk more often.
• Mix up your fitness routine with dynamic programs like the Guest Trainer series and Artist Spotlight series.
• Find workouts specifically designed for beginners, pregnancy, and older adults.
• Continue your workout while you navigate other apps with support for Picture in Picture.
• Filter workouts by Trainer, Time, Music, and Equipment.
• One subscription includes 6 family members for just 9.99/month – with the first month free – no commitment. Cancel anytime by going to account setting and turning off auto-renew. *Apple Fitness+ not available in all territories.”
3. Map My Fitness by Under Armour
“Whether you’re new to the weight room, or a seasoned weightlifter, you’ll find the features and tools needed to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get personalized workout routines written by the Under Armour Training Team. Track your exercise progress over time. Share and discover new workout routines performed by a community of over 60 million fitness enthusiasts.
TRACK YOUR GYM WORKOUTS WITH EASE
– Log strength workouts with more detail and track your progress over time by logging load, sets, and reps. tracking your load, sets, and reps per exercises.
– Build your own workout routine from over 800+ exercises.
– Discover fresh and new Workout Routines written by Under Armour trainers, and share your favorite routines with others.
– Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Connect Under Armour connected shoes to the app for a premium experience, more data to improve your run, and route tracking.
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables, including Apple Health, Garmin, and more.
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Unlock the best tools to turn your goals into achievable plans with a Premium membership.
– Use Live Tracking to share real-time running location and give loved ones peace of mind.
– Execute Training Plans and reach weight loss or distance goals with personalized plans that adapt dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor & analyze heart rate zones to adjust your training based on goals.
– Set a goal for your run and stay on track with audio coach updates, including pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
5. Strava: Run & Ride Training
Whether you’re training for a marathon or simply love taking your bike out for a ride, turn your smartphone or GPS watch into a sophisticated tracker with Strava. Join millions of athletes and active people and reach your fitness goals!
3 Ways to Train Smarter with Strava
TRACK & ANALYSE: Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained & calories burned
NEW ROUTES & MAPS: Mix up your training with the world’s largest trail network
CHALLENGE & COMPETE: Push yourself with monthly Challenges & compete with others
Compare your running, cycling and swimming performance over time
Segment leaderboard: see how you fare on popular stretches of road or trail
Track your progress & analyse your performance on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or pretty much any GPS device out there! Use your Garmin, FitBit or Polar..
CONNECT & SHARE
Record your bike ride on your Strava feed so friends & followers can comment & share their own
Join Clubs of brands, teams and friends for activities & growing communities
Show off your route & share photos of your adventures
Get customisable training & workout plans. Run that marathon or set your own distance, time or segment goals
Get live feedback to help you train safer & perform better
Dive deep into your data with advanced analysis & extensive performance metrics
It doesn’t stop with running or cycling, you can track a whole range of sports with Strava:
• Gym training
• Rock Climb
…and many more!
Strava uses HealthKit to export your Strava activities into the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.
You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renew may be turned off after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
Terms of service: https://www.strava.com/legal/terms
6. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service