If you are looking for the Best iPhone Gps Speedometer App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Gps Speedometer App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Gps Speedometer App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Gps Speedometer App
1. GPS Speedometer and Odometer
GPS Speedometer and Odometer app is used to measure the speed of cars, bicycles, walks, races or even boats, buses, trains, bicycles and planes.
– It shows the current speed, average speed, moving speed, maximum speed, distance, odometer, stopwatch, clock, movement time, idle time, pause time, latitude, longitude, altitude, GPS connectivity and direction of movement.
– Pedometer helps you count steps, see calories burnt, miles tracked and elapsed time, all the data is saved in list and you can get an idea of all records in just 1 click.
– The speed accuracy is close to 99%.
– It can even work offline.
– It has 5 portrait and 5 landscape modes, including HUD (Head-up Display).
– You can change the colors of the display.
– This speedometer app has 4 speed units – MPH, km/h, m/s and knots.
– You can set both the minimum and maximum speed limits to make sure you do not get too fast. Else the app starts vibrating, sounding, and changes the display color to red.
– All trips are automatically saved and can be viewed at any time.
– You can set 5 different speed limits at the same time.
– You can set the maximum speed separately.
– It is very helpful for those who have a broken speedometer or odometer in their car, bike or other vehicle.
– It tracks your route on the map and keeps track of every detail, including speed, accuracy, altitude, latitude and longitude.
– It has a compass function that lets you see where you are pointing at.
– You can view the speed in 1/100 decimal point.
– It can be used to measure your walking speed.
– You can view all statistics with a tap.
If you have questions or doubts, our customer support team is extremely responsive. Feel free to contact us at TeamCoolNiks@gmail.com.
Important: The app may not work in devices which don”t have GPS receiver like iPad with WiFi only.”
2. Smart GPS Speedometer
“Displays current speed on a digital/analog speedometer, keeps track of your top speed and average speed. Speedometer also allows you to easily switch between units of measurement (mph or km/h) for use in your vehicle (your cycle, your car, on a boat or on an airplane) and track your journey with live tracking on map!
● DISPLAY MODE
– Switch between KM/H and MPH mode for speed measurement.
– Analog speedometer in portrait mode.
– Landscape mode to display digital Speedometer in full screen.
– Showing Average and Maximum Speed of the trip.
– Switch between bike and car mode with 120 km/h to 360 km/h speed range.
● GPS INDICATOR
– Show GPS accuracy indicator.
– Keeps track of travelled distance, average speed and top speed.
– Store history of tracking data along with the real time data display.
– Ability to turn tracking on/off.
– Time tracking with total travelled time.
– Reset history tracking data quickly and easily.
● SPEED LIMIT ALARM
– Option to set speed limit and get notification alarm when you cross the predefined speed limit.
– Advanced feature to provide you safely while driving
– Select multiple songs or music track from the music library
– Play music in background when using Speedometer for live tracking
– Show current speed and distance.
– Show current position on map in real time with Standard, Satellite or Hybrid view.
– Show weather conditions for the current place.
– Show sunrise and sunset time.
– Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
– GPS is not always accurate due to device hardware sensor limitations.
– Data connection is required to see map.
– Make sure you have enabled the location service for the application.
To enable – Settings > Privacy > Location Services > ON
3. Speedometer 55 GPS Speed & HUD
“A high quality Speedometer app with the same sophisticated brain inside as our paid version. When you go over a preset speed limit, the large digits change colour from green to red and the device emits a loud sound to alert you! Great for avoiding speeding tickets!
‣ Easy to set and configurable speed limits
Set speed limits with 4 fast and configurable presets. Presets only need a single tap and are the safest way to set the limits!
‣ S.O.S. Flat tyre or worse?
Our speedometer shows your current location and you can share it easily (sms/text, email) with car assistance services, ambulance or friends.
‣ Know your car’s limits !
Does your car become sluggish on those steep climbs? Is it possible you got too high in mountains ? Our built-in altimeter will provide you with accurate readings that indicate your height over sea-level.
‣ In a dispute for speeding?
GPS Black box gives you point by point time, speed, location and altitude data for the last 20 minutes of your travel. You can email its data as an excel or csv file. Or you can surely switch it off or reset at any moment.
‣ Need to know where you are?
Integrated map shows your location and a tracking “tail” behind you.
∙∙ UNIVERSAL APP. Speedometer for iPhone and 3G-iPads. Retina graphics included.
∙∙ 000-999 SPEED AND LIMIT RANGE. MPH, KMH AND KNOTS. Maximum, average speed, distance traveled.
! You can use this app on your iPhone 3GS, 4, or 4S as well as on any iPad with 3G. **App will not work properly on iPods and wifi only iPads as they don’t have GPS chip (External GPS module is required).
! Please note that as with all GPS apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Drive safely and avoid paying those speeding fines! Our speedometer is the ideal watchdog companion no matter what journey you are going on!
Full version of the speedometer gives you ability to work in background, GPS tracking, waypoints, trip cost computer, Siri shortcuts for applying speed limits and controlling track recording, 100+ customization options and more. Be sure to check it out in the AppStore!
* A bit of instructions: If speedometer doesn’t show you the speed, just be sure to be under the open sky to have GPS signal. Under the open sky, within 5-10 seconds GPS indicator will become green and speedometer will start showing the speed.
** If you wonder why gps speedometer may show 3-5 mph (3-8 kmh) less than a car’s speedometer, you can take a look here: http://goo.gl/wtLvT (tomtom’s discussion thread).
*** And here is an amazing article http://goo.gl/p5zfMi explaining why GPS might show you 80ft (or -80!) altitude when you are laying on the beach. Don’t throw the app or iPhone away just because of that! 🙂 Let us use the article’s last sentence here: “Those who use GPS altitude to aid in landing their small plane should have their insurance policies paid up at all times”.”
4. Speedometer Simple
This app uses phone’s GPS to accurately determine your speed.
Speedometer has large fonts and supports mph, km/h, and knots speed display. Optionally, city name and a compass can be shows on the screen. The app also shows the traveled distance. Average and maximum speed is displayed in an optional screen as well. Interface color can be set one of many pre-selected colors. Speedometer app can record the speed during your trips and provide post-trip statistics like maximum speed, traveled distance etc.”
“Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps is the world’s most advanced navigation app. Lots of smart navigation features, beautiful 3D offline maps and easy to use interface provide exceptional navigation experience. Get Sygic GPS Navigation and join over 200 million happy drivers.
NAVIGATE ANYWHERE, EVEN WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION
• Offline maps of all countries in the world, from TomTom and other providers
• Free map updates multiple times per year
• Voice-guided GPS navigation with precise directions and spoken street names
• Millions of interesting Places (POI)
• Pedestrian GPS navigation with walking directions and tourist attractions (POI)
ESCAPE THE TRAFFIC
• Avoid traffic jams with the most accurate real-time traffic information with data collected from more than 500 million users worldwide*
• Advanced safety features make driving in unfamiliar territories easier
• Speed limit warnings show you the current speed limit and the upcoming speed limit changes
• Dynamic Lane Assistant guides you into the correct lane
• Head-up Display (HUD) projects navigation onto the windshield of your car, making driving at night safer
• Dashcam records the road ahead and automatically saves a video in case of an accident
• Real View Navigation is an augmented reality feature for even better and safer driving experience
• Real-time route sharing lets you share your estimated time of arrival & current position on a map*
• Apple CarPlay Connectivity – all navigation features on your car’s built-in display.
• Cockpit shows you the real-time performance of your car.
SAVE MONEY ALONG YOUR ROUTE
• Park easily with parking place suggestions and live info about prices and availability*
• Set your fuel type and fill up for the best price with live information about fuel prices*
• Avoid speeding tickets with Speed camera warnings*
• Save money on roaming charges with offline maps
You can try Sygic GPS Navigation for free for the first 7 days after installation. After 7 days you can subscribe to Sygic Premium+, which includes all the features mentioned above.
Or you can continue using Sygic for free with these features: offline maps, fixed speed camera alerts, parking service, millions of interesting places (POI), route calculation and offline search.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Should you have any questions, please visit sygic.com/support. We are here for you 7 days a week.
If you like our app, please leave a review or spread the word at sygic.com/love. Thank you for your support.
*Please note that this feature requires the internet connection.
Note: Sharing videos from Dashcam is forbidden by law in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain.
By installing, copying or using all or any portion of this software you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement: https://www.sygic.com/company/eula”