If you are looking for the Best iPhone Handwriting Recognition App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Handwriting Recognition App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Handwriting Recognition App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Handwriting Recognition App
1. Handwriting To Text Recognizer
“Best handwriting text recognizer and optical character recognizer app.
It is absolutely free for you.
You can handwritten text notes, list or any form of text from paper to editable text in your device in just one click.
– Supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish languages
– Support for mixed or multiple languages in the same image.
Subscribe to get unlimited access to the app prime features.
Subscriptions are $0.99 USD monthly or $7.99 USD annually. Prices are equal to the value that “Apple’s App Store Pricing Matrix” determines as the equivalent of the subscription price in $ USD.
– All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotion prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time-sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period as the original “1 Month”/“1 Year” package unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package (weekly, monthly or yearly package)
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
– You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription setting through your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information
– You may turn off the auto-renewal of your subscription via your iTunes Account Settings. However, you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period
– Any unused portion of a free-trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a Handwriting Reader subscription.
2. MetaMoJi Note
“MetaMoJi Note is a note and sketchbook app, PDF annotation tool, voice memo and digital scrapbook for your life. Capture your ideas anytime with quick voice recordings, advanced handwriting recognition and handwriting to text conversion(*), or annotate Office and PDF documents.
(*) Requires purchase of mazec Handwriting Input Method for this functionality.
Use the app as a high resolution sketchbook with a vast color wheel palette, pastel colors and advanced calligraphy pens. MetaMoJi Note is a virtual whiteboard for sketching, annotation, scrapbooking or digital mashup of notes and voice.
MetaMoJi Note is the only note-taking app available across all major mobile platforms. Winner of multiple awards: Tabby Award for Best Personal Productivity App – Silver Stevie® Award for International Business – Finalist for Appy Award for Productivity – #1 Productivity App in Japan
NEW – Gold Service is a premium add-on that allows you to make advanced use of the MetaMoJi Cloud and the app itself. It includes:
– The Shared Drive capability allows co-editing of documents
– Auto sync intervals to ensure your notes are always backed up
– Additional storage for the MetaMoJi Cloud
– Unlimited access to optional inks, premium items, papers and note styles
– Customizing the navigation bar
• Write, sketch or draw notes with a variety of pens, paper layouts and graphics, including calligraphy pens and inks
• Grab your great ideas quickly with voice memos which you can tag to your visual content – convenient audio editing features allow you to index voice cues to any document or part of a document – even drawings, annotated graphics or PDF documents.
• Scale your document up to a whiteboard or down to a sticky note while still maintaining 100% visual integrity
• Import images, graphics and Microsoft Office files via Google Drive
• Import a PDF file, mark it up as needed, and save it as another PDF file
• Share creations by email or upload to Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr
• Easy file storing and sharing via Google Drive, Evernote and Dropbox
• Sync all folders to the MetaMoJi Cloud, a cloud service that allows you to save and manage your documents (up to 2GB for free)
• Save drawings as individual JPEG graphics in the items library for later use
• Interactively browse the web from within the app and mark up sites
• MetaMoJi Note Lite is free to download and use. This version, MetaMoJi Note is a paid app, has the great features above, along with the following advanced capabilities:
• Password protect your notes to ensure your information is kept safe
• Advanced pen styles including highlighters, fountain pens and brushes
• Enhanced Jump functions allow for you to assign visual points to easily navigate around complex compositions while you are presenting
• Shapes tool provides editable shapes
• Smart cropping tool vastly extends photo editing
Here are some ways to use MetaMoJi Note for your personal and business life:
• Generate quick notes and to-do lists, add voice memos and tag for easy retrieval later
• Capture and markup website pages
• Sketch drawings for illustrating lesson plans
• Mark up and sign contracts and critical business documents in PDF form
• Use as an interactive whiteboard to brainstorm and present during team meetings
• PDF and photo annotation
• Review/edit documents and share feedback through email
• Draw a mind map or flowchart of ideas and assign audio files
More about MetaMoJi Note: http://noteanytime.com/en/quick_guide.html
3. Microsoft Lens: PDF Scanner
“Microsoft Lens (formerly Office Lens) trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
You can use Microsoft Lens to convert images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitize printed or handwritten text, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device. You can even import images that are already on your device using Gallery.
PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
• Scan and upload all your notes, receipts, and documents
• Capture whiteboard at end of the meeting to keep those action items on track
• Scan printed text or handwritten meeting notes to edit and share later
• Keep your business networking contacts handy by scanning business cards and saving them to your contact list
• Choose to save as PDF, Image, Word or PowerPoint formats into OneNote, OneDrive, or local device as location
PRODUCTIVITY AT SCHOOL
• Scan classroom handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote
• Scan handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
• Take a picture of the whiteboard or blackboard to reference later, even if you’re offline
• Keep class notes and your own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
Join the beta program at this link to get an early preview of the next version of Microsoft Lens and help make it better by providing us feedback: https://testflight.apple.com/join/aRahHf00″
4. Nebo: Notes & PDF Annotations
“Meet Nebo, the award-winning digital notebook! Create beautiful notes, handwrite professional reports, sketch ideas on an infinite canvas and annotate existing documents. With its world-beating AI, Nebo understands every word you write.
Nebo for iPad is the ONLY note-taking app that makes handwriting as powerful and versatile as typed text. Now with added Mac M1 support – download and enjoy Nebo on Apple silicon devices!
Turn handwritten notes into professional documents thanks to the world’s best handwriting recognition and write-to-text conversion. Nebo understands and accurately converts even the untidiest scribble in your choice of 66 languages.
Create freely and evolve ideas on a limitless freeform page. Import PDF files or Word and PowerPoint documents as PDFs, ready to annotate. Nebo simplifies your information workflow and boosts your productivity.
** NOW AVAILABLE: NEBO VIEWER **
Nebo Viewer is a handy companion app that gives read-only access to your notes on your iPhone. Search your library, copy/paste content into other apps and even export pages, ready to share.
Nebo Viewer is available now from the App Store on iPhone. Please note: you’ll need access to cloud sync and a free MyScript account to access your notes in Nebo Viewer.
** NEBO ON IPAD: FEATURES IN DETAIL **
• Empower your handwriting:
– Write¹, type or dictate – all in the same document, sentence or even word.
– Accurately convert handwriting and math to typed text, and hand-drawn diagrams to perfect shapes.
– Add a selection of emoji and symbols with your pen.
• Edit with your pen:
– Use simple gestures to edit and format without breaking your flow.
– Create headings, lists and checkboxes, add or remove spaces and line breaks, delete and emphasize text.
– Use the marker to highlight or color, the lasso to select, and the eraser to delete either entire strokes or precisely defined content.
• A uniquely responsive experience:
– Nebo’s regular page automatically reflows your handwriting as needed.
– Make edits, adjust layout, rotate your device or split your screen without worrying about readability.
• Enrich your notes:
– Add photos, sketches and smart objects like math and diagrams.
– Handwrite math equations and matrices across several lines, solve simple calculations and copy math as LaTeX or image.
– Hand-drawn diagrams stay editable when pasted into PowerPoint.
• Write and draw freely:
– Nebo’s freeform page is an infinite canvas that’s ideal for brainstorming.
– Pan around the page and zoom in or out to get a fresh perspective.
– Use the lasso to select and move, copy, delete or resize content.
• Reuse freeform content in regular pages:
– Copy content between freeform pages or sections, and into regular pages or other apps.
– Freeform content stays editable and convertible when pasted to a regular page.
• Paperless management:
– Organize your library via drag-and-drop.
– Back up your notes as needed.
** PRODUCTIVITY PACKS **
Try Nebo free. When you’re ready to take your note-taking to the next level, you can choose the features you want in-app.
Select from a range of Productivity Packs offering powerful features like unlimited notebooks, cloud sync, multi-page export and PDF import/annotation. Alternatively, purchase the Full Pack for max power at a discounted rate!
Please note that Productivity Packs are not compatible with Family Sharing.
** LOVE FOR NEBO **
– “Perfect with Apple Pencil” (Apple App Store)
– “For note-takers with needs that go beyond the basic” (TechRadar, 2019)
– Best App 2017 (CES Mobile Apps Showdown)
Nebo respects your privacy and never stores your content on our servers without your explicit consent.
For help or to request new features, create a ticket at https://myscri.pt/support
Check the minimum and recommended requirements for Nebo: https://myscri.pt/devices
¹You can use any compatible active or passive pen, including Apple Pencil, to handwrite in Nebo. Find more details at https://myscri.pt/pens”
5. Pen to Print – Handwriting OCR
“Pen to Print is the first handwriting to text OCR scanner converting handwritten notes into digital text available for edits, search and storage in any digital platform.
Use this unique handwriting OCR scanner to recognize and convert handwritten documents into digital text that can be edited, searched and stored on any device or cloud service.
Handwritten notes, such as letters, school notes, diaries, meeting minutes, grocery lists, recipes etc can now be scanned and converted, by our handwriting recognition engine, from image to text, available for use in any digital platform.
Our unique handwriting OCR (Optical character recognition) engine extracts handwritten texts from scanned paper documents and turns it into digital editable text. Unlike other OCR scanner apps, it is designed specifically to recognize handwriting in a scanned image.
Upgrade to premium plans to edit your text, save it to files, copy it, email it (to yourself or to others), add to Notes, or share on messaging apps available on your device. Then use your text in any word processor like Microsoft Word, Google Docs and similar, or export it to a note organizing app like Evernote, OneNote, Google Keep or similar.
We recommend trying the handwriting recognition first, for free, and only then purchase a premium plan, after seeing the quality of results the app is providing in converting handwriting to text.
Although Digital text is easier to edit, search and store, handwriting on paper is still commonly used, since it’s fast, easy and accessible. Pen to Print’s handwriting recognition (OCR) is a great solution for those who still like the feel of pen on paper, but want to enjoy the benefits of digital. It is easy to use, fast and affordable.
A perfect solution for students, for study notes, class notes and homework, in high school, college or university.
Excellent for sharing meeting minutes, protocols and other handwritten documents with multiple participants.
A helpful tool for secretaries and paralegals, saving hours of typing.
Well suited for archiving and organizing documents.
The app currently supports Latin script only.
Our handwriting recognition system can convert different kinds of handwriting to text: block letters, cursive and regular script.
Great amount of time and effort are invested in this app in order to provide an efficient quality handwriting to text OCR tool. We hope you find this app useful and enjoy using it. We welcome all feedbacks and always happy to hear from our users.
If you like our app, an app review will be well appreciated 🙂
If you encounter a problem, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can provide you assistance and support.
For more information, visit our website: https://www.pen-to-print.com, and follow us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pen2printOCR/?ref=bookmarks
Check out our demo: https://youtu.be/HZYii8EeCoQ
Download Pen to Print now, and start converting your handwritten notes to digital text!
The Yearly Plan and Monthly Plan are auto-renewing subscriptions, providing unlimited amount of text exports for a year/a month respectively, therefore:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Check out our terms & conditions at: https://www.serendi.me/p2p-terms-and-conditions”