If you are looking for the Best iPhone Human Anatomy App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Human Anatomy App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Human Anatomy App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Human Anatomy App
1. 3D Anatomy Learning
– You can rotate models to any angle and zoom in and out
– Easy to navigate and explore human body
– Virtual dissection: Peel layers of muscles and reveal the anatomical structures below them.
– 3D location quizzes to test your knowledge
– Switch on/off different anatomy systems
- Load and Save Views ( bookmaker function )
– Both male and female reproductive systems are available
- Latin name
– Support French, Spanish and German languages!
– Audio pronunciation for all bone names
– 3D Skeleton (all bones in our body)
– 3D Ligaments
– 3D Muscles
– 3D Respiratory system
– Circulation (heart)
- Nervous System (brain)
– 3D Reproductive system (male and Female)
- 3D Urinary system
– 3D ear”
2. Complete Anatomy 2022
AN EVOLUTION IN EQUALITY, A REVOLUTION IN ANATOMY EDUCATION. Explore our incredible new full- female model, the result of 4 years of dedicated research & development.
DESIGNED FOR REMOTE TEACHING AND LEARNING. The world’s leading 3D anatomy platform, with ground-breaking technology, models and content. Not just an atlas, but an anatomy learning platform, with unique collaboration and learning tools.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Create an account for a FREE 3-day trial of premium features and content.
Access Complete Anatomy from ALL your compatible devices with a single annual subscription.
Experience the BEST anatomy platform available today:
• THE MOST DETAILED AND COMPLETE human anatomy models, with thousands of individual interactive structures, including a living, beating, dissectible human heart in full 3D.
• UNIQUE DISSECTION COURSE on Spine & Abdomen, created in collaboration with Gray’s family of textbooks
• NEW: Atlas of over 700 Screens, inspired by Gray’s family of textbooks
• Radiology: view radiological images in parallel with interactive 3D models
• Dynamic Cross-sections, real-time Muscle Motion, Insertion & Origin mapping, Bone Surface & Landmark mapping, 12 layered systems, Nerve Tracer, Blood Supply Tracer
• 28 stunning Microscopic anatomy models
• AR mode including multiuser AR on compatible devices
• Over 1,500 clinical videos on Cardiology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Dentistry & Fitness
• Creative tools including virtual dissection
• Complete courses, delivered by leading experts in Human Anatomy, Point of Care Ultrasound, Cadaveric Imagery, Clinical Correlates & many more
• English, Spanish and Chinese language support.
TO BE THE BEST, USE THE BEST: Complete Anatomy is recognised as the best by the world’s leading colleges & anatomists.
“Complete Anatomy has a wider depth and breadth of offerings than other anatomy platforms currently available (e.g. Primal Pictures, Visible Body) as well as more detail in its models. Other anatomy apps do not offer the ability to share content and have fewer tools with which to dissect and label models”.
The Journal of the Medical Library Association
“Complete Anatomy is a lifesaver for me. It’s helped me pass all my exams, I have it on all my devices and the accuracy is amazing. I love it!”
Amy Morgan, Medical Student, Trinity College Dublin
“I would definitely recommend this platform for any institution teaching anatomy”
Jorgen Olsen, Educator, University of Copenhagen
“I wouldn’t be able to deliver my teaching without Complete Anatomy, especially now that most of the teaching is expected to be online”
Munesh Khamuani, Educator, University of Birmingham
STUDENT LICENSE includes:
• Access to 3D models across all available platforms
• Access to all courses
• Access to over 1,500 videos
• Access to the vast library of curated learning material
PRO LICENSE: all the benefits of the Student License PLUS:
• A license to use in clinical practice for patient education
• A license to present/teach in the classroom, lab or lecture theatre
Subscriptions are charged annually & automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your iTunes Account will be charged the current annual subscription cost each year for renewal within 24-hours prior to end of current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings any time after purchase. Any free trial will be interrupted when a paid subscription is purchased.
Please contact Customer Support at info@3D4Medical.com with any account/purchase queries before reviewing, we’re happy to help!”
3. Essential Anatomy 5
“Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful anatomy app of all time and has more content and features than any other anatomy app—bar none! With over 8,200 structures, our highly accurate, immersive and visually stunning app is the gold standard in medical reference applications. There’s not a university or hospital around that does not use Essential Anatomy/Skeleton, resulting in 1.1 million user engagements every month. It is, by far, the worlds most used medical study and reference app.
Download our FREE “Essential Skeleton” app in the free section to experience our groundbreaking 3D technology.
TUAW: “Make no mistake about it: Essential Anatomy by 3D4Medical is the future of touch-based anatomy learning. Essential Anatomy is an app every doctor, physiotherapist, OT, nurse and medical student should own.”
— 3D4Medical highlighted at the 2015 Apple Keynote.
– – Number 1 Top Grossing Medical App in 118 countries worldwide.
– – Quality and Vision: 3D4Medical has led the way in introducing innovative products of exceptional quality. We will continue to forge new paths for others to follow.
– – Accurate Content: Essential Anatomy is used by anatomy professors in thousands of classrooms worldwide, including Stanford University, and has become the standard in third-level education. In many cases, our app is now mandatory with text books optional.
– – Stunning Graphics: No competitor comes close. Essential Anatomy’s proprietary engine was developed and optimized to showcase our new generation anatomical models for a completely immersive user experience.
– – Easy to use: Responsive and intuitive user interface, all systems and menus are easily accessed from the main screen and our model responds quickly to your touch.
– – Read all the reviews of previous versions: Our visionary app has enhanced the lives of reviewers, both professionally and academically.
iMedical Apps: “The 3D anatomy engine and impressive graphics bring a new clarity to anatomy education with impressive accuracy.”
Compatible with iPad 2 and newer, iPhone 4S and newer, iPod Touch 5th Gen. and newer, and iOS 8 or later.
IN APP PURCHASES:
In-app purchases allow additional muscle and skeletal content to be downloaded and accessed from within the app. These boosts add muscle insertion and origin points, skeletal bone parts and surfaces and 100s of animations detailing movements for each articulation.
Visit www.3d4medical.com and watch videos that highlight the app’s functionality and quality. You’ll understand why Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful medical reference app of all time!
ESSENTIAL ANATOMY 5:
Essential Anatomy 5 is a full-featured anatomical reference app that includes MALE and FEMALE models, with 11 SYSTEMS and a total of 8,200 ANATOMICAL STRUCTURES. The app is fully 3D, meaning that you can view any structure in isolation, as well as from any angle and represents the latest in groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design. A cutting-edge custom built 3D graphics engine, delivers outstanding quality graphics that no other competitor can achieve.
–Cutting-edge 3D technology
–Over 8,200 highly detailed anatomical structures
–Hide/Fade/Isolate/Fade Others/Hide Others options for individual structures
–Multiple Selection Mode
–Pins: Create customized pins with notes and place anywhere on the 3D model
–Slice: Slice through certain structures using 3D plane tool
–Bookmarks: Preset and Customizable
–Correct audio pronunciation and Latin nomenclature for every structure
–Search via English and Latin nomenclature
–Dynamic Quiz: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
–Share images via social media and e-mail
–Includes anatomy for 11 systems: Skin, Skeletal, Muscles, Connective Tissue, Veins, Arteries, Nerves, Respiratory, Digestive, Urogenital, Lymphatic, also includes the Brain and Heart
Feedback? Contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
4. Head Atlas
The module “Skull&Intracranial Atlas” is a full 3D and Augmented Reality atlas for studying neuroanatomy on mobile devices.
You can access more than 2500 labels and descriptions and use 3 different visualization tools to dissect (on 3 axes), isolate, explode anatomical structures.
This module provides a variety of scientific texts organized into three cognitive levels, from general overviews to highly specific definitions, to facilitate learning and memorization.
Head Atlas also contains the module “ARTouch” where you can observe neuroanatomy in a hybrid way using a physical model called AnatomyTouch, available on the UpSurgeOn store.
* 3D and Augmented Reality neuroanatomy models
* Every single structure (Skull bones, Vascular and nervous system) can be reached and interacted with.
* It is possible to rotate models to any angles and zoom in and out
* Hide structures to reveal the anatomy below and transparency functions on isolate view
* Anatomical details organized into groups of labels and hotspots.
* 2500+ labels and descriptions of details and sutures
* Different neuroanatomical visualization tools
* New modules coming soon”
5. Human Anatomy Atlas 2021
Human Anatomy Atlas offers thousands of models to help understand and communicate how the human body looks and works–and includes textbook-level definitions. Use it as a reference, instead of an anatomy textbook, or to create virtual lab experiences.
Includes over 10,000 anatomical models with descriptions in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
* One of the App Store’s Best Apps of 2017
* Winner of the Association of Medical Illustrator’s Award of Excellence
* Winner of the Digital Health Awards’ Gold for Mobile Applications
* Winner of the W3 Awards’ Gold for Mobile Education
“If you are in the medical field or plan to be, this anatomy app is a must-have.” — App Advice
“… strikingly realistic and detailed…” — The Boston Globe
“… mind-blowing, and always amazing in that it works so well.” — David Pogue, Yahoo Finance
“Visible Body’s [Human Anatomy] Atlas and frankly, all their A&P apps have always been my go-to reference for exploring the human body and its function.” — Teachers with Apps
Human Anatomy Atlas offers the most complete human anatomy atlas available, as well as a fast to learn and easy to use ad-free experience. The base purchase includes complete male and female gross anatomy models that can be dissected, common muscles actions, select mircroanatomy models and sample animations. Additional in-app purchases can extend the atlas to include more detailed 3D dental models, and animations that explain physiology and common pathologies.”
6. IMAIOS e-Anatomy
“IMAIOS e-Anatomy is an atlas of human anatomy for physicians, radiologists, medical students and radiology technicians. Get a sneak peek at more than 15 000 medical and anatomical images for free before subscribing to our detailed atlas of human anatomy.
e-Anatomy is based on the award-winning IMAIOS e-Anatomy online atlas. Carry with you the most complete reference of human anatomy, wherever you go, on your mobile device or tablet.
e-Anatomy has over 15 000 images containing series of images in axial, coronal and sagittal views as well as radiography, angiography, dissection pictures, anatomical charts and illustrations. All medical images were carefully labeled, more than 850 000 labels available in 12 languages including the Latin Terminologia Anatomica.
(More details on: https://www.imaios.com/en/e-Anatomy)
– Scroll through image sets by dragging your finger
– Zoom in and out
– Tap labels to display anatomical structures
– Select anatomical labels by category
– Easily locate anatomical structures thanks to the index search
– Multiple screen orientations
– Switch languages at the touch of a button
The PRICE of the application including access to all modules is 89.99 € per year. This subscription also gives you access to e-Anatomy on IMAIOS website.
e-Anatomy is an atlas of anatomy continuously being improved: updates and new module are part of the subscription!
The SIZE of application is 850 Mb and WIFI connection is required to download images.
The medical information on this application is provided as a tool and reference for use by licensed medical professionals, competent healthcare professionals and no others, it does not and should not be construed as any form of medical diagnosis or professional medical advice on any matter.
About module activation.
IMAIOS e-Anatomy has three methods of activation for our different users:
1) IMAIOS members who have access provided by their university or library, may use their user account to enjoy full access to all modules. However, an internet connection is periodically required to verify their user account.
2) Users who have purchased the modules in previous versions of IMAIOS e-Anatomy can use the “Restore” feature to activate all previously purchased content. You will not be charged again and the content available by the time of your purchase is permanently accessible offline.
3) New users are invited to subscribe to e-Anatomy. All modules and features will be active for a limited period of time. Subscriptions will be automatically renewed so that they can enjoy continuous access to e-Anatomy.
Additional auto-renewable subscription Information:
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– Subscriptions and auto-renewals may be turned off by going to the user’s account settings on the App Store after purchase.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal.
The screenshots are part of the full e-Anatomy application with all modules enabled.