If you are looking for the Best iPhone Kml App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best iPhone Kml App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best iPhone Kml App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best iPhone Kml App
1. GPS Tracks
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications –
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• Will save your workouts to the Health app from the watch (only the watch app uses HealthKit)
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Street, Terrain, Satellite, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription – $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
2. KML Collection: Import Maps
“KML Collection is designed to import KML map files you created onto your mobile devices. Once the map is imported, you can add new places and points of interest to the map by searching the place name, entering its address or long press anywhere on the map. KML Collection is a great tool for planning your travel.
How to Import Maps
1. Create your map using “Google My Maps” on desktop browser.
2. Export your map as a KML file.
3. Send the file to your email address.
4. Open the file on your iOS device Mail app and choose “Copy to KML Collection””
3. KML Map
“Keyhole markup language (KML) is a standard format used by many other mapping and navigation tools to represent geographical information. KML Map lets you create, display, and store KML map data and attached media content (often called metadata) on the iPhone/iPod Touch. Use KML Map to view photographs on maps from the location and direction they were taken, to create your own custom maps containing point, line, and polygonal data, to display topographic maps and ground overlays on top of map layers, to visualize scientific data and metadata for a variety of applications, and much more.
Here are some of the features of KML Map:
•Display KML point, line, and polygonal features, ground and photo overlays.
•Standard north up or rotating map that points in your look direction.
•Display KML content from Safari or embedded in email. Just click and see the data in KML Map.
•Add new map features.
•Assign address information to new objects using reverse geocoding.
•Elevation data is downloaded from global terrain data server (not GPS) for consistency.
•Display ground overlays (e.g., your own maps and images) over base maps/images
•Photo overlays are rendered on a map from the location and direction they were taken.
•Supports multiple, variable-transparency map layers
•Read compressed KMZ files
•Transfer files between KML Map and your computer using iTunes File Sharing
•Download KML and KMZ content from network URLs
•Supports standard and custom pushpins/placemark icons
•Shows/hides names on map
•Quickly find an object of interest in the current map layer by name
•Display full HTML content contained in CDATA tag (text, pictures, sound files, or movies)
KML Map understands a subset of the KML language, specifically points, line strings, and polygons (without holes). It can display ground overlays (LatLonBox format only) and photo overlays. HTML contained within CDATA tags (including pictures, sound files, and video) are rendered in a web view window. Files containing unsupported tags will not load. File sizes should be limited to 5-7 Mbytes. If the file is too large KML Map will quit. The size of files that can be emailed is limited by the operating system. KML Map also reads compressed KML or KMZ files. However, depending on the internal structure and contents of the file, KML Map may only be able to display one KMZ file at a time.
N.B. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
4. KML Viewer and Converter
View and Convert your CSV, KMZ, GPX, GeoJson, TopoJson to KML
Are you having trouble viewing your KML file? here is a tool, where you can load your KML file directly to MAP and see a preview.
Convert KML to KMZ
Convert KML to GPX
Convert KML to GeoJson
Convert KML to TopoJson
Convert KML to CSV
How to use?
1) Import KML file from either Dropbox or Google drive
2) You will see list of all KML files, choose one.
3) It will show you instant preview there.
4) To convert choose your format form drop down from KML to CSV, KMZ, GPX, GeoJson, TopoJson.
5) Click on Share and you are done.
Feel free to send your suggestion to email@example.com”
5. KMZ Loader
KMZ Loader is designed to open KMZ files, which are compressed KML (Keyhole Markup Language) files. Google Earth can open KML files on its own, however KMZ’s will not load properly without being decompressed first.
KMZ Loader can decompress a KMZ file into a KML file allowing it to be viewed both in Google Earth and as source code.
Any KMZ files imported into KMZ Loader will be stored in My KMZs and can be deleted by simply swiping over it.
For more information on KML files:
6. Map Plus
● You can use Map Plus as a professional GIS tool for geographic data gathering, editing, measuring, cartography, surveying, planning, online/offline viewing and many other management.
● You can also use Map Plus to help your outdoor activities and global travels, for trip planning, offline map downloading, track/photo/video recording, or sharing memories with friends.
Besides common map features such as locating, searching, Map Plus has many more special:
● Supports importing offline map files such as MBTiles.
● Supports both EPSG:4326 and Web Mercator (EPSG:3857) for raster maps; Supports offset maps using China GCJ-02 datum.
● Importing and exporting KML/KMZ files with full styles, extended data and “gx” extension support.
● Importing and exporting GIS vector files, such as SHP, TAB, GEOJSON, GML/GZ with all EPSG projections/CRS. (using GDAL)
● Importing/Exporting AutoCAD DXF files with blocks, mtext, xdata and affine transformation support for coordinates mapping.
● Importing files of CSV, GDB, MPS, WPT, EVT, PLT, PNT, RTE, etc.
● On-map Editing with Drag-Drop and Magnetic Snap support for all places, tracks, lines, polygons, circles, rectangles, text overlays, etc.
● GPS Track Recording with auto-recovery, custom time zone and background mode support.
● Path Following with voice guidance for own lines/tracks or searched out direction routes.
● Displaying photos and videos on the map based on locations.
● Managing mass data with multi-level folders, layers, bulk operations, shortcuts, tags and fuzzy searches. Advanced Search supports expressions and property conditions.
● Using Feature Class for bulk editing and managing on similar (same kind) features and layers all together. Supports bulk Attributes Merge and Link Relationship Building between features of different classes.
● Conditional Style, Script Property and Expression provide dynamic content of rendering, attributes and text labels.
● Customizable pop-up panel for selecting items on the map with HTML, JS and CSS support to make your own forms, layout and rich-formatted content.
● Displaying coordinates in MGRS or UTM.
● Photo Markup enables you to add arrows, texts, shapes, icons and free-hand draws to a photo.
● Browser Access enables you to upload and view data from a web browser on PC/Mac within a Wi-Fi network, or play slideshow on your TV for travel photos.
● Sharing or transferring data via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, iCloud, SMS, Email, QR codes, Open-In, AirDrop or many other ways.
● Backup & Restore function helps you backup/restore data to/from files or iCloud easily.
● Many more fantastic and free functions could not be fully listed here, such as Guide Mark, Arrival Notification, Photo Mode, Map Level Adjust, Custom Icons, Photo/Video Attachments, Image Overlay, Text Overlay, Fast Editing, Distance/Perimeter/Area Measuring, Custom Time Zone, etc.
7. Mipatek KML Viewer
“Mipatek KML Viewer application AutoCAD, NetCAD, drawing you created in programs such as ArcGIS WGS84 Datum you get output in accordance with the 6 ° UTM system can display KML or KMZ files on the device. Prepared drawings (zoning plan is built, the site plan and so on.) Application in case you want to check your location by seeing the place or drawings can not move your computer, you can use very easily.
With directions feature in application you can receive detailed description of the route between your location and KML or KMZ file position.
Professionals can use the Application:
– Survey Engineer
– Environmental Engineer
– Forest Engineer
– Mining Engineer
– Electrical Engineer
Our CAD and GIS-based applications running Although the primary user of the above professional experts are available for all specialties.
You can add KML or KMZ files from other apps (such as Mail) or connecting your device to your computer via USB to install applications can use the file sharing application from iTunes or in the “Start Server” You can use your FTP or HTTP client then tap the button.”
8. myTracks – The GPS-Logger
“myTracks turns your iPhone or Apple Watch into a fully functional GPS logger. During recording, you can add waypoints to highlight important locations. The GPS tracks are stored on your iPhone and optionally in iCloud. There is no need to register or login to any internet service. Your tracks are your tracks.
You can start and stop individual GPS recordings or use the power-saving diary mode. Using this mode myTracks automatically creates a single track for each day with the most important locations.
The integrated Apple Watch app displays information about the current GPS recording. This includes the starting time, distance traveled, current, minimum and maximum elevation. Since myTracks 5 you can record tracks directly using Apple Watch.
Here is an overview of the main features of myTracks:
– GPS Recording: You record GPS tracks using iPhone or Apple Watch. There is no need for an active internet connection.
– Maps: The tracks are shown on pixel or vector maps based on OpenStreetMap.
– Offline Maps: myTracks provides offline vector maps for every country of the world. Once an offline map has been loaded to your iPhone you can zoom in to any detail of the map without an internet connection. The pixel maps also supports the download of offline maps.
– Track Organization: You can organize your tracks using folders, e.g. a folder for a year a folder for a holiday.
– Export and Sharing: Tracks can be exported as GPX, KML or KMZ files.
– Diary Mode: myTracks has a special recording mode called Diary Mode. Once this mode has been started myTracks creates a single track for each day. It uses a power efficient iOS feature called “major location changes”. The Diary Mode can be switched on all the time without drilling down your battery.
– Search: Within myTracks you can search for addresses or special points (POIs).
– iCloud: All your tracks and the folder structure is synchronized between all your Apple device, both iOS and macOS.
– Apple Watch: myTracks contains an Apple Watch App with quick access to all major features and information of your recording. It can also be used for direct track recording.
– Track Import: GPS tracks can be imported to the track library from other apps using the GPX file format.
– myTracks is ad-free
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.