If you are looking for the Best iPhone Lighting App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best iPhone Lighting App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best iPhone Lighting App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best iPhone Lighting App
1. Afterlight — Photo Editor
[ 130+ UNIQUE FILTERS ]Full access to our complete always-expanding filter library – created by photographers – you’ll never need another app to find that perfect pairing for your photos.
[ 20+ ADVANCED TOOLS ]Edit your photos with precision using enhanced Adjustment Tools controlled by Touch Gestures, as well as Advanced Curves, Selective Hue / Saturation / Lightness, Overlays / Gradients, Grain and many more.
[ 60+ TEXTURES AND OVERLAYS ]Add finishing touches to your photos with genuine Light Leaks made with real 35mm film, natural Dust textures, and film emulation techniques like shifting RBG channels with our Color Shift tool, the Chroma tool inspired by the effects of disposable film, and Double Exposure.
[ FRAMES & BORDERS ]Before exporting your final edit, add a border or apply an Instant Film frame, using a preset color or your own image as the background.
[ ARTWORK ]120+ hand-picked Fonts and 150+ original Designs created by us! Easily customize each layer with drop shadows, unlimited color options, masking and non-destructive layer management.
[ AFTERLIGHT MEMBERSHIP TERMS ]Subscribe now for full access to all features and future content within Afterlight. Subscriptions are billed monthly or yearly with a 7-day free trial. Once the trial period is over, your Apple ID account will be charged the annual subscription fee. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your Afterlight Membership can be managed in your account settings on the App Store under your Account > Subscriptions.
“We at Afterlight are passionate about high quality filters, real film textures and precise editing tools, so we created the most complete & easy to use photo editor on mobile. Get Afterlight now free!
// Have a question? DM us on twitter @afterlightapp
// Or contact us at https://afterlight.co/support
// Follow us on instagram @afterlight”
2. AirBrush – Best Photo Editor
#1 PHOTO EDITING APP
Near perfect app star rating! Professional results! Easy to use!
AirBrush brings you the most natural, easy-to-use photo editing tools designed to give your photos the perfect aesthetic.
CAPTURE THE REAL YOU
Swipe away pesky imperfections to let your true self shine through your photos.
• Remove acne and blemishes
• Even out skin tone
• Smooth and glowing skin
• Whiten teeth
• Widen or nudge your smile
• Plump up lips
• Brighten eyes
• Look awake and refreshed
• Enlarge eyes
SCULPT AND SHAPE
• Expand or slim any facial feature
• Shift position of facial features
• Reduce or enlarge any area of the photo
• Add volume to your hair
• Stretch tool for added height
PROFESSIONAL PHOTO EFFECTS
• Add depth with our blur tool
• Frame your photos with vignettes
• Crop photos with custom or pre-set sizes
• Control color and light
FILTERS FOR DAYS!
• Dozens of looks
• Themed filters and gorgeous light effects
• New filters always being added
READY TO SHARE?
• Directly share your AirBrush photos onto your favorite social media accounts
TO DISCOVER PHOTO EDITING TIPS, FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
The AirBrush BLACK is a subscription that provides access to premium tools and filters that are updated monthly, at the price of $35.99 USD/year (annual plan) or $7.99/month (monthly plan). This subscription auto-renews at the end of each term according to the plan subscribed, unless canceled 24-hours in advance. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active period.
Terms of Service:
“Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
“Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a ‘portrait mode’-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with.”
– Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
– The AI engine can calculate depth of field automatically for all photos.
– True 3D imaging.
– Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
– Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
– Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
– Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
– Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
– Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
– Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
– Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
– It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
– Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
– An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.”
4. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
5. LD | Cinematic Content Creator
Add cinematic color grades and typography to your photos and videos. Harness the power of beautiful light, natural elements, and elegant overlays to create truly vivid images. Fine-tune the details of every element… our layer-based approach to editing unlocks a whole new world of possibilities.
• Color Layers – add multiple layers of color, each with their own powerful adjustments
• Typography Presets – add text to achieve a classy key art look in your photos and videos
• Light Volume™ – add dynamic light rays and atmospheric textures to your images
• Adjustment Layers – create custom gradients, masks, and tone adjustments
• Erase/Mask tool – paint out part of an effect with the swipe of a finger
• Portrait Layers – place effects behind your subject in images captured using Portrait mode
• Photo Effects – expand your creative options with more than 400 premium overlays
Join LD+ to unlock more layers, the full suite of color and photo effects, plus premium features like TIFF photo export, the Erase/Mask tool, and automatic Portrait mode layers.
Lens Distortions® effects are hiding in plain sight in the work of today’s most influential creators. Discover what makes LD the best-kept secret among pros and get access to the exact tools they use to create world-class visuals.
LD+ is a subscription offered on an annual basis. This subscription auto-renews at the end of the billing period unless canceled 24-hours in advance. The subscription payment is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Settings after purchase.
6. Lightleap by Lightricks
Let’s face it – your photos don’t always come out the way you expected. You pull out your phone to capture something awesome, but the photo you take just doesn’t do the scene justice. The background is too blurry, the lighting is just all wrong, or maybe the scenery needs a retouch – something only an experienced editor can do, right?
The Lightleap app is here to change that! With this editor app, you can capture the beauty and magic you see with your own eyes – or enhance it. You become the editor with filters, effects, and retouch tools at your fingertips.
There’s no need to spend hours pulling your hair out as you learn how to use professional editor software. The Lightleap image editor app takes moments to retouch your photos into eye-catching images with professional vibes, using stunning pre-set filters and effects.
With unique, easy-to-use features like background Sky, Heal, Effects, Filters and Looks, every photo you take from now on will be picture perfect. If you’ve dreamed of taking Instagram-worthy images to inspire the world, this is your chance.
Brought to you by Lightricks, the award-winning app developer, Lightleap photo editor app is part of the Enlight Creativity Suite, including Pixaloop, Videoleap and Photofox. We help you harness your creativity in every photo.
App user favourite features from Lightleap include:
Replace the background in your photos with a brand-new sky!
– With one tap, you can change the background with a new sky.
– Select from 60+ high-quality sky backgrounds.
– Choose from sunny, dusk, sunset, storm, and even fantasy skies!
Remove unwanted people, background smudges, and easily retouch your image with the heal function, like a true editor.
– Select and erase items in the forefront and background of your image.
– Smooth over bumps and quickly correct photo mistakes.
– Undo retouches with a single tap to restore your image!
No photo is complete without one of Lightleap’s gorgeous filters – one of our top features.
– Find filters by theme, whether you’re looking for warm, black and white, urban, fade and many other filters.
– Easily adjust the intensity of your filters over your image.
– Achieve the effects you desire in moments!
Change the vibe of your photo like a true editor in one tap.
– Choose a predefined look as filters for your image.
– Create a signature style for your Instagram feed with our designer editor looks.
– Give your images a golden hour glow, or set the mood with dusk, black and white, shadows and fantasy looks.
Add tons of special effects to retouch dull areas and bring your background to life.
– Overlay shadow effects, sparkles, lens flares and more to enhance your photo.
– Change the weather effects and add seasonal themes.
– Access our extremely popular mood elements and adjust the magic level of your photo effects!
The full collection of essential editor tools is at your fingertips.
– Every minor retouch adjustment can be made, including light and contrast to temperature, tint and hue editors.
– Crop your photo, retouch, and edit all within the app.
– Sharpen, adjust the depth, structure, and grain as a professional photography editor!
With Lightleap, you become a photo editor in moments. Fix and retouch your photos with filters and effects to truly capture the magic of the moment you experienced. Download the app to discover how you can become a pro photo editor!
7. NeuralCam: Night Mode & ProCam
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker.
9to5Mac – “NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
NeuralCam is the top NightMode app for iPhone, and with the v5.0 update it becomes the most advanced computational photography camera for daytime photos too! Enjoy 48 megapixel(*in-app purchase), sharp, bright and less noisy images with more detail in every lighting condition.
—— BETTER PHOTOS, NIGHT & DAY ——-
– Night Mode on All iPhones All Cameras: including the ultra-wide, telephoto and selfie cameras
– Better Daytime HDR Photos: brighter daytime and indoor photos with more detail and less noise
– 48 Megapixel AI Upscaled Photos* (available as an additional in-app purchase): state-of-the-art AI Photo upscaling now available on all iPhones through NeuralCam 5
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode on All iPhones
—— UNIQUE COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESS———
NeuralCam uses multiple proprietary AI and Computational Photography technologies to get the highest possible quality images in all lighting conditions:
1. SmartCAPTURE: Sets the right capturing settings for each lighting situation to draw the most information and detail from the iPhone camera sensor
2. SmartMERGE: Combines pixels from multiple captured images to further enrich the amount of information and reduce noise
3. NeuralENHANCE: Uses state of the art Machine Learning techniques to enhance detail at 12MP and upscale photos to 24MP or 48MP (in-app purchase)
4. NeuralHDR: Adaptively illuminates night and day photos for a bright, but still natural look
It does all these steps in a few seconds on-device.
Read more about the NeuralCam photography process in the NeuralCam 5 launch blog post here: https://neural.cam/news/
——- FEATURES ——
– Auto and Manual Night Mode
– Auto and Manual Daytime Mode
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode (including Night Macro Mode)
– Manual Computational Photography Controls
– Multiple Capturing Modes: Hight Detail, Low Noise, Unprocessed* (*on iPhone 12 and 13 Pro)
– Merging of 1-12 frames
– 24MP & 48MP AI Super-Resolution
– 12MP AI Detail Enhancement
– Multiple AI Brightening Modes – now including NeuralHDR specially tailored for daytime photos
– Classic manual photography controls for White Balance, Exposure and Focus
– Tripod Mode – allows longer exposure time in really dark situations
– Gentle Torch – so you can light up your scene a bit if needed, in very low light
– Photo Format (HEIC/JPEG/TIFF)
– Grid options
NeuralCam 5: Better Night & Day Photos using AI and Computational Photography
Photo credits: @robert_bilinski, @maxmousee
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPGs
• Tune image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renowned ‘Control Point’ technology: position up to eight points on the image and assign enhancements. The algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners, just like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylised or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content relating to your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening); ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images; great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively across shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of colour film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches and film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks, with realistic grain and a ‘wash’ effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look, straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smooth skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits, based on three-dimensional models”
9. VSCO: Photo & Video Editor
Share your photos and videos with #VSCO for a chance to be curated by VSCO. We can’t wait to see what you create.
FREE PHOTO EDITOR
Take your photography to the next level with 10 free VSCO presets. Easily import and edit your RAW photos. Use editing tools like Contrast and Saturation to make your photos pop or use Grain and Fade to add texture and mimic analog film effects. Adjust or play around with your photo perspectives with Crop and Skew. Save and recreate your favorite edits with Recipes.
ADVANCED PHOTO EDITING TOOLS
Join VSCO Membership to access VSCO’s complete preset library with over 200+ presets. Recreate vintage film looks by Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, and others with Film X. Use advanced photo editing tools like HSL and Split Tone. Frame your images with a touch of color using Borders.
Transform your videos on mobile with the same premium VSCO presets and advanced editing tools from our photo editor. Adjust white balance and experiment with color control with HSL. Easily create short video GIFs with DSCO.
Tell a video story and make a moving collage by layering videos, images, and shapes. Celebrate moments, illustrate a mood, or experiment with photos and videos you already have in your Studio. Adjust the opacity of any media layered in to create an eclectic range of customized gel colors and double exposures.
CONNECT WITH A CREATIVE COMMUNITY
Explore inspiring photos, videos, and editorial in Discover. Find people you know and connect with friends already on VSCO. Create with Journals. Try something new with weekly photo Challenges exclusive to your VSCO membership.
MEMBERSHIP TRIAL AND SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Start your VSCO membership with a free 7-day trial. Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged an annual subscription fee. Your VSCO membership will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > iTunes Account & App Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions to manage your membership and turn auto-renew off. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Read more about our terms and conditions here —