If you are looking for the Best iPhone Only Apps to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Only Apps that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Only Apps, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Only Apps
1. Apollo for Reddit
“”Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo.” – John Gruber, Daring Fireball
“The best Reddit app for iOS” – The Sweet Setup
“Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period.” – iMore
“Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I’ve ever used.” – MacStories
“Apollo is the only Reddit app you need.” – TechCrunch
“Beautiful, modern, and fast.” – MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It’s created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
– Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
– Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
– Tabbed interface for easy navigating
– Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
– Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
– Large or compact posts depending on your preference
– Dark mode (can be automatic)
– Fully customizable gestures
– Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
– Inline previews of media in comments
– 3D Touch support
– Beautifully organized Inbox
– Filtering and blocking
– Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
– Moderator features
– Tons of settings to tweak
– GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
– Multiple accounts
– Powerful search
– Full Markdown rendering
– Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it’s constantly evolving. If you have anything you’d specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we’d love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.”
2. CARROT Weather: Alerts & Radar
** Featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Overflowing With Personality
Choose one of five personalities for CARROT, from the straitlaced “professional” to the profanity-laden “overkill.” You’ll actually be looking forward to a torrential downpour just to see what your weather robot has in store for you!
Accurate & Detailed
CARROT’s super accurate weather data gives you lightning-quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. And the easy-to-read details screens are just dripping with with meteorological goodness.
Your personal information, including your location data, will never be sold to third parties.
More Than A Weather App
Follow clues to track down 100+ secret locations. Unlock 60+ achievements. Film your own TV-news-style weather report videos. Or use Augmented Reality Mode to bring CARROT right into your living room.
Join Premium Club to unlock:
– More weather data sources, including Dark Sky, AccuWeather, and Tomorrow.io
– Notifications, including precipitation, weather alerts, and lightning strikes (where available)
– Home Screen widgets
– Apple Watch complications and background updates
– Weather maps with forecast radar, individual radar stations, and many different layers (where available)
– Customization of the entire user interface
– And so much more!
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions.
Premium provides additional features like weather data sources, notifications, customization, widgets, and Apple Watch complications.
Premium Ultra includes all the features of Premium, plus rain, lightning, and storm cell notifications (where available), a weather maps widget, and quick data source switching.
Premium Family includes all the features of Premium Ultra, with the added benefit of being shareable with up to five family members via Apple’s Family Sharing service.
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
3. Google Cardboard
To fully enjoy this app, you’ll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard.
Do not use this app while driving, walking or in any way that distracts you from real-world situations and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety regulations.”
And there’s no big company or VC funding here — Overcast is the only major podcast app written by a single person.
The Verge: “The best podcast app for the iPhone”
9to5Mac: “Overcast is the best podcast app that I’ve ever used”
AppAdvice: “Our favorite podcast client”
Six Colors: “My podcast player of choice”
The Sweet Setup: “Overcast is our favorite”
Cult of Mac: “It’s the best podcast app out there”
TIME: “Overcast lives up to its lofty claims”
iMore: “My personal favorite”
TechCrunch: “There is no reason why you should still be using the Podcasts app over Overcast”
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast app with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
– Smart Speed saves time without distorting the audio or sounding unnatural.
– Voice Boost makes every podcast the same volume with a broadcast-quality remastering engine.
– Download podcasts for playing anytime, even offline.
– Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get personalized recommendations.
– Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
– Receive optional notifications when new episodes arrive.
– Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
– Sleep timer automatically stops playback after any time interval you set.
– Apple Watch app with standalone playback and cellular streaming.
– CarPlay support.
And Overcast has world-class privacy, with no third-party analytics, ad services, or tracking code.
Overcast is funded by ads that promote other podcasts. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to hide these ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Proudly made in New York.”
5. Spark Mail – Email by Readdle
“Best of the App Store” – Apple
“It’s a combination of polish, simplicity, and depth” – FastCompany
“You can create an email experience that works for you” – TechCrunch
**Beautiful and Intelligent Email App**
We are building the future of email. Modern design, fast, intuitive, collaborative, seeing what’s important, automation, and truly personal experience that you love – this is what Spark stands for.
We’ve carefully selected the colors to help you work better at night and save battery life. Select the Dark or a truly Black mode in Personalization settings > Appearance. It’s available for all iOS Spark users.
**Farewell to Busy Inbox**
Smart Inbox lets you quickly see what’s important in your inbox and clean up the rest. All new emails are smartly categorized into Personal, Notifications, and Newsletters.
**Discuss email privately**
Invite teammates to discuss specific emails and threads. Ask questions, get answers, and keep everyone in the loop.
Spark lets you handle an inbox together with multiple people, assign emails just like tasks, set deadlines, and track progress. No email will slip through the cracks! This feature is invaluable for small teams like info@, sales@, or support@.
**Create email together**
For the first time ever, collaborate with your teammates using a real-time editor to compose professional emails.
**Schedule emails to be sent later**
Schedule emails to be sent when your recipient is most likely to read them. It works even if your device is turned off.
**Snooze That One For Later**
Snooze an email and get back to it when the time is right. Snoozing works across all your Apple devices.
**Find Any Email In An Instant**
Powerful, natural language search makes it easy to find that email you’re looking for. Just search the way you think and let Spark do the rest.
**Get Notified About Important Emails Only**
Smart Notifications filter out the noise, letting you know when an email is important, saving you from notification overload.
Integrate Spark into your workflow and take productivity to the next level. Supports Dropbox, Box, iCloud Drive, and more.
A full-featured calendar works right in your email to help you always be on top of your schedule. Create events easily using natural language.
**Create links to email**
Create secure links to a specific email or conversation. Share the link on Slack, Skype, CRM, or any other medium so your team can see it and collaborate around it.
**Sign Off With A Swipe**
Before you send an email, quickly swipe to choose the right signature for the occasion.
**Email with Emotion**
Quick Replies get the point across with just a tap. Love, like or acknowledge an email in an instant.
**Email Never Looked This Good**
That terrible mess in your inbox is now replaced it with a beautiful, threaded message design.
**A Truly Personal Experience**
Customize Spark to work as you do. You decide which swipes do what, what cards are shown, and how many emails you want to see.
You’ll love your email again!
If you need us, you can always find us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
It starts with a wide collection of highly customizable widgets, which range in function from date, to weather, to astronomy. Each can be adjusted precisely to best fit your desired function and appearance.
This set of widgets can then be dynamically scheduled to appear on your home screen following rules you define. For example, a particular widget could show the weather first thing in the morning, then your calendar during your work day, then switch to your Activity ring progress as you wrap up your day. This lets you take full advantage of each slot on your home screen.
Activity widgets require a paired Apple Watch
The app itself also includes a wide collection of tools, such as a weather app, a timezone converter, a calendar. These tools can automatically launch based on the active widget tapped.
• Widgetsmith optionally integrates with Apple Health. This data is used to display your step and activity if you select one of those widget types. Permission for Widgetsmith to access this data is controlled through the Apple Health app.
• Widgetsmith includes an optional premium subscription. This is offered on a monthly or annual basis. If you choose to purchase a subscription your payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Access to Tide and Weather hosted data is only available to Widgetsmith Premium subscribers.