If you are looking for the Best iPhone Podcast App 2020 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Podcast App 2020 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Podcast App 2020, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Podcast App 2020
1. Apple Podcasts
• Stream millions of shows, from the biggest names to the best independents.
• Access premium shows with subscriptions.
• Follow shows and save your favorite episodes to your library.
• Play offline and listen anywhere, data-free.
• Find all the shows from your favorite creators in one place with channels.
• Continue listening on all your Apple devices and see your latest episodes in Listen Now.
• Easily discover new shows through expert curation and personalized recommendations.”
“New to podcasts? Looking for trending content recommendations? Or do you listen every day?
Either way, you can find all your favorite podcast shows and episodes on Breaker! With over 20 million podcasts available & growing day by day!
Download Breaker today and discover a fresh podcast experience, combining your favorite shows with powerful features to optimize your listening experience.
Elevate your Listening Experience:
– Subscribe to shows you love
– Easily search and find new shows
– Download new episodes automatically
– Get customized podcast recommendations
– Cloud sync show playback across your iPhone and iPad
– Offline mode (wifi not required)
– Dark mode and colorful themes
– Playback speed controls
– Sleep timer so you can fall asleep to a show
– Audiobooks, video podcasts and more
– Human curated suggestions updated every day
– Listening stats to track how many shows you listen to
Subscribe to Breaker+:
• Space Saver: Compress downloaded episodes, while maintaining audio quality. A 100MB MP3 could compress to 30MB
• Relax & Sleep: Discover and listen to relaxing sleep sounds hand-picked by our editors.
• Custom App Icons: Choose from 9 unique app icons to match your home screen.
• iPad support: Explore the app in Portrait and Landscape views.
• Apple Watch support: Access playback controls right from your wrist.
• Ad-Free experience: Focus on the content of your favorite podcast episodes without the distraction of ads.
• Play on Multiple Devices: Easily sync playlists, full play history, and resume playback across devices.
• Playlists & Bookmarks: Create playlists & time stamped bookmarks, synced to your cloud account.
• Theme Editor: Unlock all premium themes, cloud-sync your custom themes across all your devices.
• Turbo Fetch: Be the first to know when a new episode drops.
• Personal Search: Locate any episode with ease, right from your subscriptions & playlists.
For podcast subscriptions, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew monthly. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The subscription will automatically renew unless turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period. Subscription may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off, by going to your App Store Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of service: https://maplemedia.io/terms-of-service/
Questions? Feedback? Email us at email@example.com”
3. Castro Podcast Player
“Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro’s primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it’s best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
And there’s no big company or VC funding here — Overcast is the only major podcast app written by a single person.
The Verge: “The best podcast app for the iPhone”
9to5Mac: “Overcast is the best podcast app that I’ve ever used”
AppAdvice: “Our favorite podcast client”
Six Colors: “My podcast player of choice”
The Sweet Setup: “Overcast is our favorite”
Cult of Mac: “It’s the best podcast app out there”
TIME: “Overcast lives up to its lofty claims”
iMore: “My personal favorite”
TechCrunch: “There is no reason why you should still be using the Podcasts app over Overcast”
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast app with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
– Smart Speed saves time without distorting the audio or sounding unnatural.
– Voice Boost makes every podcast the same volume with a broadcast-quality remastering engine.
– Download podcasts for playing anytime, even offline.
– Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get personalized recommendations.
– Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
– Receive optional notifications when new episodes arrive.
– Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
– Sleep timer automatically stops playback after any time interval you set.
– Apple Watch app with standalone playback and cellular streaming.
– CarPlay support.
And Overcast has world-class privacy, with no third-party analytics, ad services, or tracking code.
Overcast is funded by ads that promote other podcasts. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to hide these ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Proudly made in New York.”