If you are looking for the Best iPhone Podcast Recording App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone Podcast Recording App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone Podcast Recording App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone Podcast Recording App
Now you can create your podcast, host it online, distribute it to your favorite listening platforms, grow your audience, and monetize your episodes—all from your phone or tablet, for free.
A RECORDING STUDIO IN YOUR POCKET: Record audio from anywhere, on any device. Visualize, edit, and arrange your audio segments using Anchor’s intuitive episode builder. Add background tracks, transitions, and sound effects from our built-in audio library. Record remotely with up to 4 guests or co-hosts, wherever they are in the world.
100% FREE HOSTING: Host an unlimited number of episodes – no monthly fees, no trial period, no catch
GET HEARD EVERYWHERE: Distribute your podcast to the most popular listening platforms, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and more—all with a single tap.
CREATE WITHOUT CONSTRAINTS: Easily design cover art for your show with Anchor’s cover art creator. Gather voice messages from your listeners and easily add them into your episodes. Anchor is compatible with most external mics and devices, and you can import your own audio files to achieve your perfect sound.
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE: Track metrics from multiple platforms, including unique Spotify stats, using Anchor’s detailed analytics dashboard. Analyze episode performance and listener demographics to learn who your audience is and what keeps them engaged. Transform audio clips into animated videos that are ready for sharing to promote your show.
GET PAID TO PODCAST: Earn money every time people listen—no matter your audience size—with Ads by Anchor. Record custom ads in your own voice and choose when they occur in your episodes.
Download the free app to start your podcast with Anchor’s all-in-one platform. Already have a podcast? Make the switch today at anchor.fm/switch or in the app.”
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
3. Logic Remote
“Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro and GarageBand on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic or GarageBand by using your iPad or iPhone. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a mixer, transport control, and a flexible Touch Instrument.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Control Live Loops by triggering cells or switching between scenes
• Program beats, bass lines, and melodic parts in Step Sequencer
• Perform Remix FX over individual tracks or the entire song
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*Smart Controls, Sound Library navigation, Smart Help, full mixer, and access to plug-in controls are available only on iPad”
4. MultiTrack DAW
Release your creativity with up to 32 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, harmonies, solos, and experiments. No more worrying about bouncing – each instrument can have its own track. More cowbell? No problem!
Build new songs like a recording studio, with the monitoring and overdubbing capabilities of MultiTrack DAW. Move and trim audio until it’s perfect, and mix the sound until it’s just right. Export your work with a multitude of sharing options.
MultiTrack has a wide range of input capabilities, including the built-in mic, headset mics, and USB interfaces and mics. AudioUnits (AUv3) and IAA (Inter-App Audio) are also supported as inputs and as effects.
File types for import include mp3, ogg, wav, aac, m4a, aif, and m4a. MultiTrack now offers 8 ways to get audio files in and out: iTunes/Finder File Sharing, Wi-Fi, Drag&Drop, Copy/Paste, ‘Open in…’, Airdrop, the Files app, and importing from the Music Library. Whole projects can be archived in-app and shared, and sent directly to other devices using AirDrop, Wi-Fi, or any other iOS sharing method.
2 stereo audio tracks, upgradable to 32, for simultaneous playback.
16 inputs simultaneously (USB interface required).
16, 24, or 32 bit floating point at 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz, professional quality lossless audio for each track.
Inter-App Audio / AudioUnits v3 – Generators, Instruments, and Effects supported.
Up to 4 AU/IAA plugins on each track, the 2 effects busses, and the master out.
Sidechain capable, use the ‘SC’ button to pick a source track pre/post FX.
Audiobus 3 – Can be used as a sender for any track or master out. Supports saving and restoring state.
Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins.
Built-in track Compressor and EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving).
Built-in Sweet Reverb and Stereo Delay available as bus effects.
Grid View with Snap to easily align regions.
Freeze tracks for improved performance.
Metronome adjustable from 40 to 240 BPM.
Various musical Time Signatures.
Ruler showing bars/beats/divisions/ticks or timecode.
Volume faders have +12db of gain boost.
Per-Region volume and fade in and out, with realtime audio monitoring while editing.
Ability to monitor the input signal with effects, while recording the raw input.
Looping with the Loop Markers.
Hotbox popup control (Long-touch over track) with context sensitive buttons.
Audio Browser allows preview of audio files in the song.
Snap, Punch, Input Monitor, Auto Input, Undo and Redo, and many more features.
Smart Snap displays red vertical lines with exact snapping placement, snaps to any other region or ruler line.
Beautifully rendered waveforms at multiple zoom levels.
Low latency VU meters for each track.
64 bit audio processing.
Latency compensation with selectable buffer sizes.
Zip compression of song projects for backup/restore.
Wav, mp3, ogg, ALAC, FLAC, and m4a compression for mixdown with selectable bitrates.
Free ‘Sound Copy’ app extension allows copying audio to the General Pasteboard from outside MultiTrack.
Many, many more features.
For more information visit harmonicdog.com
* USB Audio requires Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.”
5. Podbean Podcast App & Player
Listening to over 50 million episodes of podcasts worldwide on iPhone/iPad. The Podbean podcast app enhance your podcast listening experience with intelligent speed, volume boost, customizable playlist and all the best features:
— DISCOVERY / RECOMMENDATION —
• Search by podcast name, episode name, or author name.
• Browse new/trending/top podcasts by topics or categories.
• Get customized recommendations based on your play history.
• View your play history and favorite episodes.
• Choose audiobooks from bestsellers and classics for free.
— PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS —
• Instantly stream or download podcasts to play offline.
• Stay organized with customizable playlists.
• Intelligent speed removes silences from an episode without distortion.
• Volume boost normalize the volume and make shows easier to listen to.
• Advanced playback features like auto-play next and Sleep timer.
• CarPlay Support.
• Integrates with Amazon Alexa.
— NOTIFICATION / AUTOMATION —
• Stay updated: Get new episode notification from followed podcasts
• Automatic download and option to delete after being played.
• Supports batch mode to download, delete, and add playlist.
• Settings can be customized by podcast.
— AUDIO RECORDER —
• Professional audio recorder with easy-to-use interface.
• Rich background music and various sound effects to choose from.
• Powerful post production including edit, split, merge and export.
• Provide free large space, various promotion and social sharing.
• All-in-one podcast creator on your phone.
— Audio Live Streaming—
• Listen to an exciting variety of live audio shows
• Engage with the host and other listeners with messages
• Send gifts to reward the host
• Call-in to share your thoughts and ask questions
Podbean Podcast app now supports English, German, Portuguese, Swedish, Chinese, French, Spanish and Japanese.
Listen to the best podcasts on Podbean – Podcast App & Podcast Player, including This American Life, Serial, The Joe Rogan Experience, S Town, Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History, Radiolab, My Favorite Murder, True crime, Criminal, Joel Osteen, The Dave Ramsey Show, ESPN Radio, The Moth, The Tim Ferriss Show, Freakonomics Radio, Startup, Stuff You Should Know, How Stuff Works, Bloomberg, Revision3, Relay FM, PodcastOne, The New Yorker, Showtime, Slate, TEDTalks, NPR podcasts, WNYC, 5by5, KCRW, NASA, CBS Radio, CNET, CNN, CBC, BBC and Bill O’Reilly etc.
Podbean podcast app & player is ad-supported. User can choose to purchase Podbean VIP Subscription to remove ads, and get advanced features including: customize homepage, unlimited playlist and priority support. Current price for Podbean VIP Subscription is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
6. Podcast Studio by Spreaker
The Spreaker App lets you record, publish, distribute and analyze your podcast, whenever and wherever, easily. Our unique in-app features, give you total podcasting flexibility at your fingertips, making it ideal for on-the-go podcasting.
Spreaker Studio is a podcast creator app for all levels of podcaster, beginner to experienced. The user-friendly interface makes managing a podcast from creation to distribution super simple and with a range of plans available, including a free starter plan, you’ll be sure to find the right one to suit you and your podcast’s needs.
Download to make a podcast your way.
Go live streaming or pre- record your audio.
Experiment with mic controls and auto-ducking.
Upload files or migrate old content over.
Trim or crop your audio straight from the app to get it sounding super slick.
MANAGE & DISTRIBUTE
A podcast manager to make your life simpler: upload and schedule content, publish to social media, or see your show’s vital stats.
Share with all the major podcast platforms in seconds (Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Spotify and more) with one-tap distribution.
Get real-time statistics showing plays, sources, geolocation and episode listening evolution.
Our stats are IAB compliant.
We offer a transparent revenue program which lets you earn without compromising your content.
AS FEATURED IN:
Forbes – “Spreaker is super-easy to use”
Makeuseof.com – “For professional podcasters on the move, Spreaker Studio is the top choice“
With Spreaker Studio you can upgrade to a Pro plan directly from the app.
Pro features include:
– Longer LIVE broadcasting sessions (with the free version offering 15 minutes of LIVE broadcasting time)
– Extra audio storage hours
…plus more options available only on the website!
Spreaker’s Pro plan subscriptions:
– ON-AIR TALENT $7.99/month
– BROADCASTER $19.99/month
– ANCHORMAN $49.99/month
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
For additional support, please contact our team at email@example.com or visit the following link: https://www.spreaker.com/help.”
7. ShurePlus MOTIV
• Record high-quality uncompressed WAV audio using built-in mic
• Edit recordings using trim or split options that include adjustable fade curves and markers
• High-resolution metering
• Save to compressed formats (ALAC, AAC 96, 128, 256)
• Share files via email, text, iTunes, Airdrop and Dropbox
The app includes support for the Shure family of MOTIV microphones*, including:
• Multiple bit-depth/sample rate options
• 36 dB of adjustable gain
• Preset modes
• 5-band equalizer
* NOTE: These options are only accessible to MOTIV digital mics.”