If you are looking for the Best iPhone Python App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best iPhone Python App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best iPhone Python App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best iPhone Python App
* Multi-caret editing, to quickly transform code selections.
* Regex search and replace, with template matching and replace-all-matches.
* Minimap which allows quick scroll navigation though the document.
* Multiple window support
* Syntax highlighting for over 150 languages.
* Trackpad support with custom gestures to add cursors (ctrl+shift+click).
* Auto complete feature (currently only for HTML).
* Add as many guide columns as you wish (default 80 and 120 characters).
* Configurable tab size (default 4 spaces), or insert spaces when pressing tab.
* Draw hints for invisible characters such as new lines, tabs, and spaces.
* Customizable key bindings, so you can configure Kodex to use the same key combos you are already used to.
* Kodex smartly preserves your open documents so that your work stays as you left it between launches.
* Light and Dark modes.
Kodex is integrated with the Files app, so you can easily open files from any other app, and from your iCloud documents folder.
You can launch Kodex QuickEdit from any file sharing view in any app to edit its contents without launching the main Kodex App (be aware this functionality depends on the host app implementing the sharing activity properly).
Included are 10 editor themes, and several monospaced fonts for code editing (you can install your own preferred fonts using system profiles). Font size and line spacing are adjustable, so you can configure Kodex to best fit your preferred screen size, arrangement, and orientation.
Kodex is not a compiler, and you can not build or run the code you edit from it. Think of Kodex as a NotePad++ or Sublime Text substitute for iPhone and iPad.
Kodex is currently optimized for external keyboards, such as Apple’s Smart Keyboard for the iPad Pro, or any bluetooth/USB keyboard. More virtual keyboard features will be added in a future version.”
2. Pythonista 3
“Pythonista is a complete scripting environment for Python, running directly on your iPad or iPhone. It includes support for both Python 3.6 and 2.7, so you can use all the language improvements in Python 3, while still having 2.7 available for backwards compatibility.
In true Python fashion, batteries are included – from popular third-party modules like requests, numpy, matplotlib, and many more, to modules that are tailor-made for iOS. You can write scripts that access sensor and location data, your photo library, contacts, reminders, the clipboard, and much more.
You can also use Pythonista to build interactive multi-touch experiences, custom user interfaces, animations, and 2D games.
Apart from learning and practicing Python, you can also use Pythonista to automate parts of iOS with app extensions, e.g. to invoke scripts directly from the standard share sheet in almost any app.
>>> Powerful code editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, scripting support, and more
>>> Interactive prompt with code completion, command history, and support for showing images in the console output
>>> Integrated visual debugger and object inspector
>>> Integrated PEP 8 style checker with issues highlighted directly in the editor
>>> Complete offline documentation with quick lookup directly from the editor
>>> Various beautiful light and dark color themes, and a theme editor to make your own
>>> UI editor for quick prototyping
>>> Includes most of the Python standard library and additional modules for graphics, sound, and iOS system services (e.g. clipboard, contacts, reminders, twitter, UI…)
>>> Matplotlib and NumPy for scientific visualizations
>>> Lots of other popular third-party modules, e.g. requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, bottle, SymPy, and more are included.
>>> Lots of included examples to get started
>>> Universal app for iPad and iPhone
>>> Share sheet app extension for running scripts from almost any app
>>> Custom scriptable keyboard to use Python in any app that edits text
The name “Pythonista” is used with kind permission of the Python Software Foundation.
Please note that Pythonista is not designed to enable the installation or download of additional native modules, and it does *not* include the SciPy stack (just parts of it).”
3. Pyto – Python 3
– Python 3.10 with all standard libraries
– Full Python REPL
– Smart code completion
– Set breakpoints on your scripts
– Code user interfaces with PytoUI or Toga
– Use pip to install pure Python modules from PyPI
– Access scripts from everywhere
– Run scripts in Picture in Picture
– Preview images and plots on console
– Multiple windows for iPadOS
– Run scripts and code from Siri Shortcuts
– Code your own home screen widgets
– Interact with other apps thanks to x-callback urls
Included third party libraries:
The libraries listed above require an internet connection to download. However, they remain on the hard disk after the import.
Take advantage system features with the following modules:
– pyto_ui – Build an user interface
– pyto_core – Extend the editor
– widgets – Home Screen Widgets
– notifications – Schedule notifications
– remote_notifications – Receive remote notifications
– background – Run code in background
– bookmarks – Bookmark files and folders
– sharing – Share items and pick files
– pasteboard – Clipboard access
– userkeys – Save values on disk
– sound – Play sounds
– music – Access the Apple Music library
– photos – Accessing photos and the camera
– location – Access user’s location
– motion – Motion sensors
– multipeer – Peer to peer wireless connection
– apps – Open third party apps
– xcallback – Interact with other apps
– sf_symbols – A list of SF Symbols names
– watch – Complications and static user interfaces for the Apple Watch”
4. Swift Playgrounds
“Swift Playgrounds makes it fun to learn to code and build real apps. You solve interactive puzzles in the guided “Get Started with Code” and learn the basics of building apps in “Get Started with Apps.” You experiment with a wide range of challenges and samples that let you explore unique coding experiences.
Swift Playgrounds doesn’t require any coding experience — it’s perfect for learners just starting out, from eight to one-hundred-and-eight. The whole time you are learning Swift and SwiftUI, the powerful programming technologies created by Apple and used by professionals around the globe to build many of today’s most popular apps. And because it’s built to take advantage of iPad and the real iOS SDK, Swift Playgrounds provides a one of a kind learning experience.
• Apple-created lessons guide you through the core concepts of programming by using code to solve puzzles
• See your code run in a beautiful, interactive 3D world that you can rotate with a finger and pinch to zoom
• Animations introduce each new coding concept at a high-level before you dive into the puzzles
• Glossary and built-in help pages give detailed information about available commands, frameworks, and terminology
Explore and Create
• Interactive coding shows the results of your code instantly, alongside your work
• Step through code in playground books to highlight each line as it runs
• Books provide a head start to create your own playgrounds that use graphics, sound, and touch
• App Gallery walks you through the building blocks of apps, like tabbed navigation and receiving input from device sensors
Build Apps on iPad
• Create real apps on iPad using SwiftUI
• See your code changes reflected live while you type
• Type quickly and accurately with inline code suggestions
• Extend your app with an ecosystem of Swift packages
• Navigate your code with project-wide search
Smart Coding Assistance
• Touch and hold to grab any command and move it around to change the order of your code
• Drag a brace with your finger to wrap a block of code inside a loop or conditional statement
• Drag and drop snippets of commonly-used code directly into your playground
• Fix common code errors with helpful inline suggestions
• Stay organized with automatic code formatting
Real Swift, SwiftUI, and iOS Code
• Learn the same powerful Swift programming language used by the pros to create apps in the App Store
• Build dynamic, elegant apps using SwiftUI, a modern way to create user interfaces
• Access iOS frameworks such as SpriteKit for 2D games, SceneKit for 3D graphics, UIKit, and more
• Your code has direct control of iPad hardware, including the gyroscope, accelerometer, camera, and touch events
Share or Publish
• Send your projects to friends and family using Messages, Mail, AirDrop, or other Share Sheet extensions
• Bring your app projects to Xcode on Mac and back again
• Submit your completed apps to the App Store with App Store Connect”