If you are looking for the Best iPhone Reading App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Reading App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Reading App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Reading App
1. Amazon Kindle
“READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Kindle books you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download Kindle books directly in the app.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
• Read the books you buy on Amazon in the Kindle app. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore Amazon Charts best sellers and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a free sample straight from the Kindle app.
• Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
• Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
• Kindle Vella brings you stories released one short episode at a time. The first three episodes of every story are always free–after that, purchase Tokens and redeem them to unlock episodes. Tokens may only be used to unlock Kindle Vella story episodes and are available for In-App purchase. Kindle Vella and In-App purchase of Tokens are currently only available in the US.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
• Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
• Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
• Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
• Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
• Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
• Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
• Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).”
2. Apple Books
“Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks right on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. You’ll find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors, and more — all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, comics, and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts, and find new releases, limited-time offers, and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors, and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favorite audiobooks on your next hike, run, or exercise session, right from your wrist.
• Customize your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colors. Use Auto-Night Theme and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes. Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of flipping pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Family Sharing makes it easy for you and up to five family members to share your books and audiobooks purchases.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free. Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.”
3. Audible audiobooks & podcasts
“Find listens for every moment. Indulge in binge-worthy audiobooks, tune into exclusive podcasts and discover genre-bending Audible Originals. Explore a growing collection of exclusive content waiting to be uncovered. Make Audible the best part of your day.
Choose how you listen. Hear what you want. Enjoy Audible your way.
Use your monthly credits to find exactly what you want, including the newest releases and bestsellers. Try the brand new widget that makes it even easier to jump right back into your last listen with simple access from the home screen. Browse our Plus catalog and unwind with a huge selection of compelling content. Let your listening match an occasion. Lose yourself in romance novels of all kinds for Valentine’s Day or Celebrate Black History Month and explore a range of podcasts, stories and audio content from Black creators.
THE PLUS CATALOG
– Listen without limits and download, stream or listen to the entire Audible Plus Catalog anytime you want, no credits necessary.
– That means you get thousands of engrossing audiobooks, exclusive podcasts, and audio entertainment, with fresh content added every single week.
– Unlimited access to fresh audio content, with new listens added to the Catalog every single week.
AUDIBLE PREMIUM PLUS
Get access to the Plus Catalog and even more:
– Build your own Library and listen to titles from the entire premium selection.
– Find a title you love and keep it with 1 monthly credit.
– Choose from binge-worthy audio books, podcasts and Audio Originals.
– Out and about? No problem. Listen offline. You can stream and download all you want.
Sign in securely with your Amazon account for seamless cross-device listening with Whispersync, available with all titles and audio entertainment selections.
Find intriguing stories that speak to you and discover inspiring voices. Listen anytime, anywhere. Make every moment Audible.
4. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
5. PocketBook Reader
“PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading all formats (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! The application supports 26 book and audio formats, including mobi, epub, fb2, cbz, cbr. Read without ads and with total comfort!
Choose any content – any format!
• Support of 19 book formats, including the most popular – EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PDF, DJVU, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML;
• Comic book formats CBR and CBZ;
• Open books protected with Adobe DRM (PDF, EPUB);
• PDF Reflow function (reflow text in PDF files).
Listen to audiobooks!
• You can listen to audiobooks and other audio files in MP3, M4B, and take notes in them;
• Built-in TTS (Text-to-speech) engine for the voicing of the text files.
Download and sync content easily!
• Free PocketBook Cloud service for synchronizing all your books, including audiobooks, as well as reading positions, notes and bookmarks on all your devices;
• Your files from Dropbox or Google Books services are easily connected to the app to create one consolidated library. You can even connect multiple accounts at the same time;
• Support for OPDS catalogs – get access to network libraries;
• ISBN scanner, for quick search of electronic versions of books by barcode;
• Opportunity to borrow books and periodicals;
• If you have a E Ink e-reader PocketBook, you can easily synchronize all your books and accounts just by scanning a QR code.
Ready to switch from another app? No problem! Getting started with PocketBook Reader is easy! With an intuitive interface, the application provides you with unprecedented freedom – lots of options for settings and no restrictions.
Choose, change, customize, and personalize!
• Intuitive interface, easy navigation, and minimalistic design;
• Opportunity to choose one of the seven interface color themes, reassign the buttons and display areas;
• Two night-reading modes – for better reading comfort anytime;
• Adjust the font style, font size, line spacing, and margin size;
• Animation of turning pages;
• Opportunity to crop margins – make the page look exactly the way you want.
Get fast file access and easy search!
• All files are quickly found and instantly opened, even with built-in audio and video fragments;
• Your books will never be lost in the device’s memory – thanks to the smart search, scanning files on your tablet or smartphone is a matter of seconds. Any file or document can be found in a few clicks!
• The app allows you to sort books, create collections, filter and mark files as you like. Your library – your rules;
• Convenient managing of audio files – it is easy to sort and play your audiobooks.
Make bookmarks, take notes, add comments!
• You can quickly find all your notes and share them with friends via email or messengers;
• Collect all your notes, bookmarks, and comments into separate files for even greater convenience.
PocketBook Reader was created by avid readers for avid readers, and that’s why it’s probably the best e-book reader app.”