If you are looking for the Best iPhone Sampler App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best iPhone Sampler App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best iPhone Sampler App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best iPhone Sampler App
1. AmpKit – Guitar amps & pedals
Includes 30 guitar amps, 30 pedals, 25 cabinets and 8 mics, based on real-world products. SAVE UP TO 60% with new Unlock all bundles!
“I found AmpKit+, the full version of the app, the easiest, most versatile and the best value, especially on an iPad.”
– New York Times
“AmpKit is the star of the show… extremely intuitive user interface, plenty of amps and pedals, great sound.”
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with mixing and non-destructive re-amping
• Upload sessions to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others
• Records sharing via SoundCloud, AirDrop, Copy-Paste, iMessage and email
• Ultra-low latency, virtually undetectable
• FREE Tuner and Metronome featuring technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Works with virtually all headset and dock guitar interfaces
• Ampkit, Ampkit HD (available on Amazon.com)
• Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
• iRig, iRig HD”
“AudioLayer satisfies the most sought after gap for contemporary music production on iOS devices. AudioLayer is a full featured open standard audio multi-sampler pushing the boundaries beyond what has been available even in the desktop music production worlds. And all this integrated in all relevant iOS production environments especially the emerging AUv3 AudioUnit standard.
– SSE – Streaming Sample Engine –
The ultra efficient Streaming Sample Engine SSE is capable of playing hundreds of voices of big multi-sampled instruments even in strictly resource limited applications like using multiple instances of AudioLayer in AudioUnit host environments. Innovative features like Sub Sample Looping for perfect loops even in the audible range extend the range of applications even further.
– Perfect iCloud integration* –
The consequent usage of the open file structure of the Files app makes organising even large sample libraries a breeze. Sample recordings and Instrument designs made with AudioLayer are seamlessly available across all your devices and desktop. Even more this opens up new forms of collaborations with musicians all around the world to share your creations and work together.
– Multi Scope Editing –
To support the creation of complex multi-sampled instruments AudioLayer allows you to use a hierarchical structure of Layers and Zones each with it’s own sound manipulation parameters. A unique element of AudioLayer is the possibility to decide for each Zone at which Scope level your editing apply: For the all Zones in the Instrument, for the Layer only or individually for this Zone only. This opens a whole new world of creative options for sound mangling. For sound manipulation you can use a full set of Filters, Envelopes and LFOs to shape the pitch, timbre and level of the sound of each Zone.
SIS – Seamless Instrument Switching
The unique architecture of the Streaming Sample Engine allows for instant loading of even complex instruments and makes this switching from one Instrument to the next without cutting off the sound! And this includes of course also different effect setting
– Easy Design Workflow –
The built in audio sample recorder let you create Instruments on the fly in seconds. The Music Effect AudioUnit / Audiobus effect plugin of AudioLayer let you record multi-samples semi automatically directly inside your preferred host and instantly create an Instrument with the help of several Auto mapping options available. This includes file name based mapping of key ranges and velocities and automatic pitch detection. For the creatives we’ve also integrated a special “Single Cycle Waveform” detector making the use of this special files a breeze.
– Versilian Studio Sample Library ( VCSL/VSCO ) for free download
*App works also without iCloud with local storage option.
• Stand-alone App
• Sample import for EXS24 and SFZ Format
• AUv3 AudioUnit Instrument and Music Effect
• Inter App Audio
• Audiobus 3 Input/Effect with state saving support.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Ableton Link compatible.”
3. Beat Maker – Sampler
WHY YOU WILL LOVE BEAT MAKER
• Easily create beats with the best samples
• Use samples recreated from famous songs
• Add awesome effects like delay and reverb
• Use a metronome to always stay on beat
• Record your beats to let your friend know how good you are
• Choose from a variety of awesome themes to customize your board
This app requires no money and we think that’s pretty cool.
WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK
Do you have improvements? Bugs? Or do you just want to share other thought? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Decent Sampler
“Did you ever wish you could use professional quality sample libraries on your mobile device? Now you can! The Decent Samples plugin is a sample player that allows you to use your favorite Decent Samples sample libraries on the go. Many of the most popular Decent Samples releases are available through the app with more being added every week.
Because it’s also an AUv3 plugin, you can use it from within GarageBand or with AUM.”
5. Flip Sampler
“Flip is a sample-based mobile music studio that was designed for a fast and intuitive work flow. Import your own sounds via AirDrop or the Files app, or record sounds directly with your device’s microphone or a connected iOS interface. As soon as you record a sound it’s available to be played on drum pads as well as being mapped across a keyboard. Sounds can be subtly shaped or entirely transformed using the built-in effects and easy-to-use editing tools.
You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.
Record knob movements or draw automation by hand to bring even more life to your sounds. Every automation lane can also have its own independent length, for polymetric and generative music possibilities.
Create up to 16 different sections for your song and drag and drop them into any order to create your arrangement.
Mixing and mastering tools allow you to finish a full track without ever leaving your phone. You can export your full track, or hit the tape icon and record the live output of the app while you tweak anything on the fly. Both options allow you to capture individual track stems as well!
A performance page lets you trigger your patterns live while controlling a global filter, assignable pitch bends and reverb sends, and a random fill generator.
Artist packs are available in-app at $3.99 or less, which include original sounds and projects from Andrew Huang, Cuckoo, Chuck Sutton, Kilamanzego, Pusher, and more on the way all the time.
– 9 track sampler
– 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
– Graphic EQ per track
– Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
– Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
– 19 automatable parameters per track
– Independent lengths for each automation lane
– Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
– Drum pad and keyboard input
– Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
– Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
– Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
– Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
– Global reverb with individual track sends
– Mixing and mastering tools
– Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
– Export full track and stems
– Live recording of performances
– Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
– Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
– Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
– Undo and redo”
6. Koala Sampler
Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the input, through the effects, so the sonic possibilities are endless.
Koala’s design focuses totally on making the music making progress instant, keeping you in the flow and keeping it fun, not getting bogged down by pages of parameters and micro-editing.
* Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
* Transform your voice or any other sound with 16 superb built-in fx
* Resample the output of the app back into a new sample
* Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
* Direct export to Ableton Live Set
* Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
* Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
* Import samples using AudioShare or just open them in Koala
* Import samples with the Files app or from videos
* Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
* Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
* Normal/One-shot/Loop/Reverse playback of samples
* 6 Choke groups
* Attack, release and tone adjustable on each sample
* Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
* AudioBus 3.0 and Inter-App Audio compatible
* MIDI controllable – play your samples on a keyboard, map the effects to knobs
* Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
* Free copy of Ableton Live Lite included
* Set your own background image and choose from a growing list of background visual FX.
8 Built-in Microphone FX:
* More Bass
* More Treble
* Octave up
* Octave down
16 Built-in DJ Mix FX:
* Comb filter
* Ring modulator
* Resonant High/Low Pass Filters
* Tempo Delay
Features included in SAMURAI In-App Purchase
* Timestretch (4 modes: Modern, Retro, Beats and Re-pitch)
* Piano roll editor
* Auto-chop (auto, equal, and lazy chop)
* Pocket operator sync out”
It chops up your audio and turns it into something new. Thanks to its quick & intuitive interface it makes designing subtle rhythmic enhancements to spectacular effect pyrotechnics easy and fun.
In the process, you can dispose of the classics like Filters and Reverbs, but also trippy Loop and Vinyl manipulations. Build a looping effects sequence, with discrete settings for each of Looperator’s stunning engines, then bring everything to life using the comprehensive modulation system on a per-step basis.
Looperator makes you sound as if you worked on your track for hours and hours and really all it took was a click of a button.
• Audio Unit v3 & Standalone
• Rearrange your groove!
Chop the input signal into 16 slices and freely assign them to each sequence step on the Slice track, then rhythmically stutter selected steps on the Loop track.
• Flexible filters
Looperator’s Filter provides per-step frequency shaping of the left and right channels independently.
• Multi-effects galore
Two User FX modules each deliver dynamic effects sequencing via a rich and varied line-up of high-quality processors.
• User steps
Each sequencer track offers 20 ready-made step options. Much of the time, you won’t need to go any further than that, but when you do, the four User-defined steps also available to each track give you full and precise control of five processor parameters per effect.
• Motion and modulation
Every User step configuration features five adjustable parameters, each automated using a simple knob, a Randomizer, an Envelope Follower or one of 20 preset parameter modulation curves with adjustable start and end points. When it comes to animating your Looperator effects sequences, the possibilities are literally endless!
• Fast, focused workflow
Like all Sugar Bytes software, Looperator has been developed with operational fluidity at the top of the agenda. Looperator’s snappy workflow keeps up with even the fastest-moving producer.
• There’s more…
The feature list just keeps on giving! Seven per-module and global Mix blending modes; intelligent randomization options throughout; super-smooth step transitions; deep MIDI integration and control; limitless undo/redo; standalone functionality and more. It all comes together to make Looperator nothing less than a state-of-the-art loop design powerhouse that no electronic musician should be without.”
8. Remixlive – Make Music & Beats
This music creation tool features a professional looper, drum pad, step-sequencer & song mode perfect for producers, live performers and DJs.
Loop -> Play with loops synced to the tempo on a 8×6 grid
Drum -> Jam live with drum, synth and guitar sounds
Seq -> Create sequences using your own patterns
Song -> Arrange sounds on the timeline to create a track
The uniqueness of Remixlive comes from the rich feature set available across all devices: mobile, tablet and Mac, as well as the large collection of 200+ professional sample packs, featuring a wide selection of musical genres. New packs are added every week!
Remixlive is a professional software that allows you to import samples from your local library (MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, AIFF, 16/24 bits). The app also has MIDI compatibility, you can map your favorite MIDI controllers and start performing in minutes.
Not only has Remixlive become the go-to app for music producers, the integration of Ableton Link and the Live Set functionality has made it the ideal addition to your live setup.
The app has received praise from press and artists alike:
“A very intuitive way to make professional-sounding tracks on portable devices.” – DJ Mag
“I integrated Remixlive to my DJ sets and it offers a lot of creative potential. I would suggest Remixlive to any artist out there, because it’s very simple, you can create a lot of fun and inspiring things!” – T78
Everything you need, from launching fully-synced loops to adding FX, packed in an all-in-one remix app. Let your creativity flow!
All of our packs are royalty-free, which means you can share your recordings everywhere on social media!
Follow us on Instagram: @remixliveapp #remixliveapp
• Create your own unique patterns, melodies, rhythms, and tracks using our powerful step sequencer
• Shape your sound in real-time with many DJ-style FXs: beat repeat, filter, delay, reverb…
• Edit your samples in-depth (Play Mode, Quantize, Gain, Pan, Reverse…)
• Toggle the Live Set mode and combine samples from different projects to build a unique live performance
• Control FXs, levels, filters, Mute/Solo and 3-band EQ on each channel
• Create new packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
• Record live input through the microphone and capture any sound, voice or instrument
• Export your songs in multiple individual tracks (stems)
• Ableton Link: sync Remixlive with Cross DJ Pro, any Link-compatible iOS apps or with Ableton Live
PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PLANS:
The app offers Monthly and Yearly subscription plans that give you access to all sound packs and features.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost for the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Please go to our website for more information:
“The app used by renowned musicians like Richard Devine, Apparat or Lullatone live and in the studio. Samplr introduced a brand new way to make music, only possible on multitouch devices. Explore the samples melody and texture using the different play modes and create compositions with the gesture recorder. Samplr is the ideal tool for audio experimentation, music composition and live performance.
“The most profound audio manipulation tool on iOS” 5 stars
“There is NOTHING on the market hardware or software like this” 5 stars
“Stunningly beautiful interface and exceptionally easy to use” 5 stars
“This is the most musical app I’ve ever used. It’s polished, it’s musical, it’s fun, it’s inspiring” 5 stars
“It’s the best realization of what touch screen sampling should be” 5 stars
• 8 play modes: Slicer, Looper, Bow, Tape, Scratch, Arpeggiator, Keyboard and Loop Player
• Gesture recorder for sequencing
• Audio input recording and resampling
• 6 sample slots (x8 voices)
• 5 effects per sample: Distortion, Filter, Amplitude Modulator, Feedback Delay and Reverb
• Ableton Link
• IAA (Inter-App Audio)
• MIDI Sync input
• Audiobus Input and Output
• Dropbox import
• Export to AudioShare
• WAV and AIFF file support
Learn more and see how it works on samplr.net. For feedback or support please reach out to email@example.com”