If you are looking for the Best iPhone Tape Recorder App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best iPhone Tape Recorder App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best iPhone Tape Recorder App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best iPhone Tape Recorder App
“Hi. This is Alice. A voice recorder and auto-transcribing system. That’s fast, safe and cost-effective. It’s the first evolution of the audio recording app in 20 years. Try it out. It’s designed for real journalism under guidance from prolific writers at Wired, New York Times, Inc, Axios, Politico, Gimlet Media, and others along with faculty at prominent schools of Journalism.
Privacy is the central philosophy: no ads, no tracking, no tricks. Alice requires only an email address to use.
Alice is an advanced product with a unique design, which will still feel familiar and comfortable. No buttons, only two gestures: no need to look at your phone in the middle of a conversation and easy to use whether you’re right-handed or left-handed or visually impaired.
Speed is the final principle: it’s really really fast while remaining reliable.
A fair few writers have shaped the product and the business model and we continue to recruit writers and journalists to join and strengthen the community behind it. In the words of writer Adam Fisher, “Alice is a word processor for audio”.
Alice is structured as a simple business: we provide something of value, and if you like it enough, you pay for it, and we get to work again tomorrow. Get started with a full-featured free trial. No subscriptions, pay-as-you-go pricing when you’re ready.”
2. Awesome Voice Recorder
“■■■ #Rank 1 Business app in 35 Countries ■■■
■■■ #Rank 5 Business app in 85 Countries ■■■
AVR is the best voice recording application with a cool interface and perfect functionality for business people, reporters, tutors, audio experts, sound engineers, school personnel, university students and those who need to manage voice memos.
Support for Apple Watch
Available on both iPhone and iPad.
■ Main functions
– Direct recording MP3, WAV, M4A audio format
– High quality audio recording
– Unlimited recording time
– Background recording (you can use other apps while recording & secret recording is possible)
– Wave display for recording status
– Various audio quality options (11,025KHz, 22,050KHz, 44,100KHz,48,000KHz)
– Mono/stereo recording
– Records playable in various media
– Restart voice recordings after phone call pause (Up to 3 minutes recording pause)
– Add description to voice records
– Fast and easy to use
– Display recording file size
– Safe stop for low battery and storage space
– Bluetooth support
– Supported audio formats (MP3,WAV,M4A,M4R)
– 5 microphone designs. (Professional,Classic,Studio,Studio Pro)
– App colour Themes (Dark / Light)
– Added music library import function
– Create a ringtone
– File creation function with noise reduction
– Sorting file function
– Earphone remote control playback
■ Powerful file Sharing & Management
– Transfer files using iTunes
– iCloud Drive , Dropbox , Box , GoogleDrive , OneDrive , SoundCloud
– Wi-Fi file management (upload,download,edit…)
– File sharing / send files in another app “Open in”
■ Folder management
You can create folders to save and control files
■ Repeated, slow or fast play
You play repeatedly, slow or fast.
Replay,Rewind,Forward / 0.1x ~ Play
Fine-tune the playback speed
■ Trim&cut audio records
You can trim&cut the voice records as you want.
You can use the left/right pointers to trim&cut the voice records and save it (mp3,wav,m4a,m4r)
■ Audio visualisation
Voice records are visualised so that you can easily identify voice sections
■ Sound tag
You can play immediately by adding several tags to one audio file at selected time
Play at the location of tag
■ Sound file combination
You can create one new file out of several audio file.
Create a file by setting play sequence of several files
■ Noise Reduction
Noise Reduction can reduce constant background sounds”
3. FilmoraGo-Video Editor & Maker
“FilmoraGo is an easy-to-use video editing app with advanced features and tons of ways to be creative. Create music videos, velocity edit, make your own movies, and share videos with your friends! You’ll save time and have a blast.
Why you’ll love FilmoraGo:
POWERFUL YET SIMPLE VIDEO EDITING TOOLS
– Intuitive timeline view makes it easier to manage multiple timelines.
– Trim, split, duplicate, or merge video clips.
– Adjust playback speed for fast or slow motion.
– Rotate video clips in any degrees.
– Playback your clips in reverse.
– Stunning templates help create videos in seconds.
– Adjust display: change brightness, contrast, temperature, vignette, saturation, clarity.
PERFECT MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS
– Royal-free music library and built-in sound effects.
– Record your own voice-overs.
– Trim and cut the audio to remove unwanted parts.
STUNNING VIDEO EFFECTS
– Add animated text or fun stickers on video and photo.
– Support fantastic filters and text overlays.
– PIP: add multiple layers of video, images, stickers, special effects, text, etc.
– Canvas: add background to your video and adjust aspect ratio.
ADVANCE CAMERA FEATURES
– The first iOS video editor with Double Take/multi-cam (available for iPhone XR or later).
– AR Camera: Create memoji/animoji selfie video
– Retouch: Reshape your face of size, eyes and lips
– Video beautification: Whiten and Smooth your skin
EASY VIDEO-SHARING AND SAVING
– Share your video to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
– Save videos to your camera roll.
FilmoraGo Unlimited Subscription:
– With FilmoraGo Pro Unlimited subscription, you have access to all features and paid editing materials including stickers, filter packages etc. Watermark and LogoRoll will be removed automatically.
– Get all of FilmoraGo’s features and paid add-ons including stickers and filter packages.
– No export watermark or logo roll.
– Monthly, quarterly, or annual billing.
– Payments will be charged to your iTunes account.
– Subscriptions will automatically be renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the time of renewal.
– Your account will be charged for the subscription renewal up to 24 hours prior to the end of your current subscription period in order to avoid service gaps.
– You can turn off auto-renewal at any time through your Account Settings.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We value your feedback.
Here’s how you can contact us:
4. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
5. Voice Memos
“Voice Memos turns your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch into a portable audio recorder, making it easy to capture and share personal notes, family moments, classroom lectures, and more. Editing tools like trim and replace let you fine-tune your recordings. And with iCloud support, you can capture audio on the go with your iOS device, then use your Mac to do even more with your recordings.
• Record using the built-in microphone, a Bluetooth headset, or a compatible external microphone.
• Choose compressed or uncompressed audio formats.
• Automatically name recordings based on your location.
• iCloud support to keep your recordings and edits in sync across all your devices.
• Pinch-to-zoom for more precision when editing.
• Trim your recordings to save just the portion you want.
• Replace and resume to fine-tune your recordings.
• Enhance Recording reduces background noise and room reverberation with a single tap.
• Quickly find recordings with the search feature.
• Folders make it easy to organize your recordings.
• Mark recordings as Favorites so you can quickly access them later.
Listen and share
• Speed up or slow down playback of your recordings, or jump 15 seconds forward or back.
• Skip Silence analyzes your recordings and automatically skips over gaps in your audio.
• Share multiple recordings at once via AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more.
Voice Memos for Apple Watch
• Capture new recordings right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• Listen to your most recent recordings through the built-in speaker on Apple Watch or connect a bluetooth device.
• Rename recordings with Dictation or Scribble.”
6. Voice Record Pro
“Voice Record Pro is a professional voice recorder. It allows you to record voice memos and on-site sounds at unlimited length with configurable quality.
Recorded voices are in standard AAC/MP4/M4A format. Voice Record Pro can record directly in MP4 (AAC), MP3 (MPEG) and WAV (PCM) formats plus convert function for all supported formats.
With recorded files you can:
– Export to and import from Google Drive™
– Export to and import from DropBox
– Export to and import from Microsoft® OneDrive
– Export to and import from Box Cloud
– Export to and import from iCloud Drive
– Export to SoundCloud
– Export to FTP server
– Export to Any Web base Script
– Send to other devices via Bluetooth
– Download directly to PC using built-in web server via local WiFi connection
– Upload from PC using WiFi connection
– WebDav support using WiFi service
– Convert to a movie clip and export to Photo Albums
– Post as a Movie Clip on YouTube
– Export to other apps on your device that can handle the audio file
– Import from other apps
– Send Audio or Movie by email
– Send Audio or Movie by SMS/iMessage
– Add notes to records
– Add photo to records
– Add bookmarks to records
– Modify ID3v2 tags
– Append a record to another record
– Split a record into multiple parts
– Join multiple audio records into one
– Apply effects to the recorded or imported file including:
– Pitch & Speed
– 3/6/10 Band Equalizer
Additionally you can:
– Convert the records to other formats
– Trim the records
– Duplicate the records
– Append records
– Protect the app with a passcode
and much more. Enjoy.”
7. Voice Recorder & Audio Editor
Record for as long as you want and as many times as you want. (No restrictions as long as you have enough available storage on your device).
TRANSCRIBE RECORDINGS (In-App purchase)
Transcribe recordings into text using speech-to-text technology
Quickly start and stop recording from your home screen
TEXT NOTES (In-App purchase)
Add notes to individual recordings
Upload recordings to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Box and more.
Share audio or video by Email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat.
Download recordings by USB cable or WiFi Sync onto your desktop computer
– Multiple audio formats
– Passcode protect recordings
– Loop recordings
– Trim recordings
– Change playback speed
– Skip backwards/forwards 15 seconds
– Favorite recordings
CALL RECORDER (*Requires subscription*)
Record incoming and outgoing phone calls. To record a phone call you must facilitate a 3-way conference call. The third “caller” is our recording line that will save your phone call. It is not possible to record phone calls using the built-in microphone on your iPhone.
No limit on how many recordings. No per minute fee.
NOTE: Call Recorder feature requires your carrier supports 3-way conference calling. SimplyTalk and H2o Wireless do NOT offer this service in the US.
Please check local state or Country Laws regarding telephone call recording before using this app.
Recordings will be deleted from our server after 7 days. Please make sure you download them offline during this timeframe.
CALL RECORDER SUBSCRIPTION
– You will require a monthly subscription to use the Call Recorder feature.
– Subscription length: Monthly (includes one week free trial).
TAPMEDIA PRO SUBSCRIPTION
– You will receive access to the apps in the TapMedia PRO bundle for the duration of the subscription.
– Subscription length: Monthly (includes one week free trial).
– Payments will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
– All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotion prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
– You may cancel a subscription during its free period via the subscription setting through your iTunes Account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098″