If you are looking for the Best iPhone Transcription App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Transcription App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Transcription App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Transcription App
1. Dictation – Speech to text
“Dictation – Speech to text allows to dictate, record, translate and transcribe text instead of typing. It uses latest speech to text voice recognition technology and its main purpose is speech to text and translation for text messaging. Never type any text, just dictate and translate using your speech! Nearly every app that can send text messages can be configured to operate with ‘Dictation – Speech to text’. Dictate uses the builtin speech to text recognition engine.
Dictation – Speech to text features:
► Over 40 Dictation Languages
Dictation – Speech to text supports more than 40 languages. Dictate offers 3 text zones – indicated by language flags – for which you can configure a different language in the settings. Thus you can switch between different language projects with a singe click.
► Over 40 Translation Languages
Translation is as easy as pushing the translation button. You can specify the translation target language in the app settings. Then you push the translate button to get it translated.
► Audio Recording
Both, your audio recordings and your text files can be accessed via the Apple ‘Files’ app.
► Transcription of Recorded Audio Files
Using the audio file transcription you can transcribe recorded audio files – containing speech – into text at a single click. All major audio file formats are supported.
► iCloud Synchronization
Having enabled iCloud, your text is automatically synchronized across all your devices running Dictate, e.g. iPhone, iPad, macOS and Apple Watch.
► Support for Impaired People
Dictate now supports the system font size setting and provides configurable button sizes for visual impaired users. Also VoiceOver is carefully configured.
► Easy Text Sharing
In order to send your dictated text messages quickly, there is a “Share”-button that allows to launch the target app, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, Flickr, Email or whatever else is capable of receiving text from the system.
► Pro Version Subscriptions
If you intend to use Dictate – Speech to text more often, you need to subscribe to the Pro version. The Pro version is free of ads.
► Important Notes Concerning Subscriptions
2. Evernote – Notes Organizer
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can stay productive on the go. Tackle your to-do list with Tasks, connect your Google Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, and see your most relevant information quickly with a customizable Home dashboard.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, and to-do lists.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, docs, PDFs, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Use your camera to scan and organize paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, and handwritten notes.
• Manage your to-do list with Tasks—set due dates and reminders, so you never miss a deadline.
• Connect Evernote and Google Calendar to bring your schedule and your notes together.
• See your most relevant information instantly on the Home dashboard.
• Create separate notebooks to organize receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote’s powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Keep a journal to keep your thoughts organized.
• Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Bring people, projects, and ideas together with shared Spaces.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments so you don’t miss important details.
• Create notebooks for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create and manage tasks
• Connect one Google Calendar account
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• 20 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create, manage, and assign tasks
• Connect multiple Google Calendar accounts
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Home dashboard – Full customization
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote’s Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms”
3. Live Transcribe
Users love it:
“Just so you know, this app has changed my 86 year old mother’s life. It is simple and easy for her and her friends to use. This is so important for the elderly since so many other apps are way too complicated. She can really have one on one conversations, especially with me, which is so very important.”
– Mark M
Doctors trust it:
“I use this w my HOH senior patients when the hearing aides aren’t even enough to compensate for the hearing loss. This works great. I have recommended it to my nursing/CNA staff to use as well.”
Simple to Use
• Tap once and continuously transcribe for as long as you’d like
• Start transcriptions on launch so you don’t miss a word
Capture Every Word
• Choose from over 50 language variations
• Offline support for 9 languages
• The speaker can use bluetooth headphones for increased accuracy even in noisy environments
Easy to Read
• Make the text as big as you’d like
• Focus on what’s being said with full screen text capture
• Add new lines automatically or manually to break up the text
• Dark mode makes the text even easier to read
Remember what was said
• Send transcripts through any message app on your phone
• Save transcripts to any note taking app on your phone
Terms of Service: https://www.mightyfine.app/live-transcribe-terms
4. Otter: Transcribe Voice Notes
“Otter records and takes meeting notes for you in real-time, so you can stay focused on the conversation and rest assured that all information (e.g. actions, highlights, photos, attendees) is captured, easily searchable, and shareable with your team. Otter.ai is also available online. English only.
Supercharge your note taking with AI and use Otter for all your meetings, interviews, lectures, and everyday voice conversations.
Many Uses of Otter
• Take meeting notes automatically
• Share meeting minutes and summary with teammates to keep everyone in sync
• Invite collaborators to edit and highlight meeting notes
• Record and transcribe interviews, lectures, podcasts, videos, webinars, keynotes
• Provide live captioning to deaf, hard-of-hearing, ESL people, and anyone with accessibility needs
Record & Transcribe Live
• Record instantly in one tap, with widget and shortcut too
• Transcribe in real time (when online) with high accuracy
• Highlight the key points to review later
• Insert photos of whiteboard discussions, slides, etc.
• Scroll back to grab a quote or revisit a point
• Input audio via built-in mic or Bluetooth device
Enrich Notes with AI
• Punctuate, capitalize, and break paragraphs automatically
• Identify speakers (after some training)
• Generate word clouds and summary keywords; tap on a word to jump to where it was said
Share & Collaborate
• Start a recording inside a group to share the transcript live
• Invite group members to view, edit, and highlight collaboratively
• Share externally via links
• Include a link in your tweet to embed an interactive transcript
Search & Playback
• Search the text so you don’t have to scrub through the whole audio
• Playback at adjustable speeds
• Follow along the highlighted word as the audio is playing
• Tap on any word to skip the audio to that spot
Edit & Highlight
• Edit the text to correct any errors
• Tag the speakers to label the paragraphs and train Otter to identify speakers too
• Highlight sentences in one tap
Organize & Export
• Organize conversations into personal folders
• Copy to clipboard, or share directly to other apps
• Export as PDF, TXT, SRT, MP3
Import & Sync
• Import audio and video files
• Sync your Zoom account to transcribe cloud recordings
• Upload from other call recording apps
• Sync your calendars to be reminded to record your meetings and auto-title your notes
• Import your contacts for easy sharing
Optimized for iOS
• Start/Stop recording with Siri Shortcut & home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts & Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Lock with Face/Touch ID
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
• 6000 minutes of transcription per month
• More playback speeds and skip silence
• Bulk export
• Choose from USD 12.99 billed monthly or USD 99.99 billed yearly
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• Built for teams and organizations
• Capture, organize, and share valuable knowledge collaboratively
• Manage accounts and billing centrally
“Apps We Love 2019” – App Store
“7 Best Apps of 2018” – Mashable
“25 Best New Apps of 2018” – Fast Company
We take security and privacy seriously. Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties. You have full control to delete your data from your account.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for speedy product support.
Terms of Service: https://otter.ai/terms-of-service
5. Temi – Recorder & Transcriber
Temi is built with the world’s most accurate speech recognition engine. Get real-time live streaming of voice-to-text as you record! Store, search and capture insights from transcripts synced to your audio (low per minute charge for transcripts).
≡≡≡ FREE & SIMPLE RECORDING
√ No ads
√ Unlimited recording
√ Temi Live: real-time voice-to-text streaming during recording (completely free)
√ High-quality recording and playback
√ Automatic pausing for incoming calls
√ Automatic recording recovery when you close the app
√ Share your recordings without restrictions
√ Import audio from other apps (Open another app -> Share audio -> Copy to Temi)
√ Rename recordings
≡≡≡ TRANSCRIPTION SERVICES
√ Simple pricing – transcription is charged per audio minute
√ Optional charge to get access to your transcript
√ Second pass transcript available in under five minutes
√ Second pass transcript includes higher accuracy, speaker labels, and download/share capability
√ View your transcript in-app
√ Receive your transcript via email
≡≡≡ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Temi is a game-changer for time-starved journalists. You have saved me countless hours transcribing interviews, vastly improving my accuracy and productivity. Thank you!”
—Bradley J. Fikes, The San Diego Union-Tribune
“We Temi all our interactions with clients to create a fast, searchable record to review and identify common themes when crafting communications strategies.”
— Kelly Gardner, KCD Public Relations
“I get a first draft in minutes! Temi saves me hours and hours of tedious transcription work for both written stories and podcasts and frees me up to spend more time on the final output.”
— Kinsee Morlan, Voice of San Diego
You own and control everything about your recordings: https://www.temi.com/privacy”
6. Transcribe – Speech to Text
“Transcribe is your own Personal Assistant for transcribing videos and voice memos into text. Leveraging almost-instant Artificial Intelligence technologies, Transcribe provides quality, readable transcriptions with just a tap of a button.
Do you have to listen to your voice memos over and over again to remember what you said? Do you spend a long time writing meeting minutes or reviewing interviews you’ve recorded? Maybe you’re the type of person who prefers to read notes, rather than sit through hours of online courses and lectures? What about if you need to create subtitles for a movie or want to quickly translate a foreign language video? Transcribe does all this and more – converting speech from multiple sources into plain, readable text ready to read, translate and share with others.
● Transcribe any video or voice memo automatically
● Supports 120+ languages and dialects
● Import files from other apps and DropBox
● Export raw text into your favorite text editing app
● And of course… No ads!
Download Transcribe today and get 15 minutes free transcription. Use it just once to realize how much time can be saved at work, school or university!
It’s time to hang up your headphones and take your fingers off the pause button. It’s time to download Transcribe!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Transcribe PRO features:
● Exporting to TXT, PDF, DOCX, SRT files
● Synchronize unlimited number of files (up to 50 Gb) with our app
● 5 extra hours of transcription for free every month
Transcribe PRO is a premium subscription that allows you to use advanced features of the app. By subscribing to Transcribe PRO you make it possible for us to focus on ever-improving the app. Transcribe PRO is available as a monthly or an annual subscription.